Thread: Why I don’t believe Fords story

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    There won't be an FBI investigation into her fantasy..no need=what's to investigate? she can't remember anything...this is all hers to prove....
    On Monday....
    Fantasy? She remembers she was assaulted. She told others about the assault. People like you are the reason women don’t come forward with their stories.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cancel 2019.1 (09-20-2018), christiefan915 (09-21-2018), LV426 (09-19-2018)

3. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Here is why I don’t believe her

1) She claims she didn’t want this to come out yet SHE reached out to a democrat AND the Washington Post. Nobody who wants to stay anonymous does that

2) She claims she wants to be anonymous yet in August she hires a lawyer. Why? If she never planned on it going public why did she hire a lawyer?

3) She claims she wanted to be anonymous and not go public yet she supposedly took a lie detector test. Why? Who does that?

And who is paying her legal fees?

All questions I hope she will be asked on Monday

Also, this gambit of her erasing her online profile is likely to blow up on her. Rest assured that people are looking right now and when they find derogatory posts of hers going back 8 years. She is sunk

The burden of proof is on her
    I don't see why you'd picture any of that going against the idea she initially wanted to keep anonymous. Assuming for a moment that what she said happened actually happened, try to picture it from her perspective. She was trying to have it both ways -- she didn't want to see a man she knew to have been a violent sexual predator being put into a lifetime position of great power over women..... but she also didn't want to have a terrible trauma from her youth become the defining thing everybody thought of upon meeting her. She didn't want a complex and highly accomplished lifetime to get reduced in people's minds to a one-dimensional character, such that when people thought of her they always thought immediately of the allegations.... the same as happened with Anita Hill. And she sure didn't want to be the target of the inevitable conservative smear campaign -- the "Real Anita Hill" style character assassination books, the dredging up of every allegation against her, the grilling of her friends, family, coworkers, students, acquaintances, etc., looking for dirt to use against her. So, she tried to have it both ways, while also taking steps to respond if her name did end up getting leaked. After all, if the event really did happen, that would mean Kavanaugh would know exactly who this anonymous woman was, and would be in a position to get her name out there if he thought doing so would help.

So, I don't see any of that as either hurting or helping her credibility. As for the question of where the burden of proof lies -- this isn't a criminal trial, or even a civil one. It's a political process. There are no formal rules about where the burden of proof lies. It is, in effect, more like a job interview. If you were interviewing someone for a position at your company, and were checking his references and wound up speaking with a former acquaintance of his, who warned you not to hire him because he did something terrible, how would you react? Would you demand she prove it beyond a reasonable doubt before factoring it in? Would you take it on board but give it minimal weight unless there were more accompanying evidence? Or would you disregard it completely?

I've been part of a hiring process, before, and heard a couple of former coworkers of job applicants speak negatively of them. Fair or not, I've got to admit I take it on board and give it some weight, even if all I have is a personal testimonial. There are lots of great candidates out there who'd like the job, and so if I've got a red flag waving on one of them, even if it's a pretty uncertain red flag, I might well pass on to the next option.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-21-2018), LV426 (09-19-2018), Phantasmal (09-19-2018)

5. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,557 Times in 2,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    We will see. It makes sense she wants an FBI investigation before testifying. That pins everyone down to the truth.

Why does SadPimp and the rest not want all the truth?
    bwahaha

that makes sense to you. This is a he said/she said. Her testimony is the investigtation

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Fantasy? She remembers she was assaulted. She told others about the assault. People like you are the reason women don’t come forward with their stories.
    I'm sure she was assaulted at one time...and I'm sure she told a "story". To others...
    Now, we'd all like to hear her tell the Real truth. and she's not interested in doing that any more....She's not told it yet....or she'd be there on Monday....
    * I've encouraged many girls and women to come forward with their stories...and reports, over the years. But they have to be truthful....and often, they are not....
    "people like you"....lol

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why won't she testify on Monday? She wanted to tell her "story"...but now....
    She's probably been advised that it's not a good thing to do; because she might inadvertently reveal who concocted this entire fabrication.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm Zenz View Post
    you are a misogynist that thinks it is okay to rape women? lucky guess?
    What proof do you have that Ford was raped; because even she didn't say there was a rape?

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    How many times have you party of the Ass tried this same bull and how many times has it worked? The more this shit is in the news the more people see how desperate the left is. We'll see who is right in Nov.
    What 'same bull and how many times' are you referring to. Your post reeks of desperation.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

There won't be an FBI investigation into her fantasy..no need=what's to investigate? she can't remember anything...this is all hers to prove....
    On Monday....
    Why do you say that?

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Next thing Trump hating Liberals will be trying to pin on Kavanaugh is that he shit in a diaper as an infant.
    NO; they'll be saying he shit somewhere other then his diaper, as an infant, and that it created a biological hazard.

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do you say that?
    Because that's my opinion....do you disagree?

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We will see. It makes sense she wants an FBI investigation before testifying. That pins everyone down to the truth.

Why does SadPimp and the rest not want all the truth?
    Since when does the FBI investigate an alleged incident that happened in HS, over 40 years ago.

Especially when there's no prof, no Police report, and her "witness" has said it never happened.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

TOP (09-19-2018)

15. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    How many times have you party of the Ass tried this same bull and how many times has it worked? The more this shit is in the news the more people see how desperate the left is. We'll see who is right in Nov.
    They're emboldened; because an "accusation" resulted in Moore not being elected and now it appears that they're hoping it will work again.

So sad
    Too bad

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    And people like her are the reason that "accusations with no proof" aren't believed.

17. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,261 Times in 33,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm sure she was assaulted at one time...and I'm sure she told a "story". To others...
    Now, we'd all like to hear her tell the Real truth. and she's not interested in doing that any more....She's not told it yet....or she'd be there on Monday....
    * I've encouraged many girls and women to come forward with their stories...and reports, over the years. But they have to be truthful....and often, they are not....
    "people like you"....lol
    Real truth? The real truth is her story, I’m not sure what you mean by Real truth? She passed a polygraph.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-21-2018), LV426 (09-19-2018)

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    I don't see why you'd picture any of that going against the idea she initially wanted to keep anonymous. Assuming for a moment that what she said happened actually happened, try to picture it from her perspective. She was trying to have it both ways -- she didn't want to see a man she knew to have been a violent sexual predator being put into a lifetime position of great power over women..... but she also didn't want to have a terrible trauma from her youth become the defining thing everybody thought of upon meeting her. She didn't want a complex and highly accomplished lifetime to get reduced in people's minds to a one-dimensional character, such that when people thought of her they always thought immediately of the allegations.... the same as happened with Anita Hill. And she sure didn't want to be the target of the inevitable conservative smear campaign -- the "Real Anita Hill" style character assassination books, the dredging up of every allegation against her, the grilling of her friends, family, coworkers, students, acquaintances, etc., looking for dirt to use against her. So, she tried to have it both ways, while also taking steps to respond if her name did end up getting leaked. After all, if the event really did happen, that would mean Kavanaugh would know exactly who this anonymous woman was, and would be in a position to get her name out there if he thought doing so would help.

So, I don't see any of that as either hurting or helping her credibility. As for the question of where the burden of proof lies -- this isn't a criminal trial, or even a civil one. It's a political process. There are no formal rules about where the burden of proof lies. It is, in effect, more like a job interview. If you were interviewing someone for a position at your company, and were checking his references and wound up speaking with a former acquaintance of his, who warned you not to hire him because he did something terrible, how would you react? Would you demand she prove it beyond a reasonable doubt before factoring it in? Would you take it on board but give it minimal weight unless there were more accompanying evidence? Or would you disregard it completely?

I've been part of a hiring process, before, and heard a couple of former coworkers of job applicants speak negatively of them. Fair or not, I've got to admit I take it on board and give it some weight, even if all I have is a personal testimonial. There are lots of great candidates out there who'd like the job, and so if I've got a red flag waving on one of them, even if it's a pretty uncertain red flag, I might well pass on to the next option.
    One wuld have to believe she knew Bart O'Kavanaugh would be up for this position back in 2012, in that therapy session.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fentoine Lum For This Post:

christiefan915 (09-21-2018), Phantasmal (09-19-2018)