Thread: Kavanaugh Accuser’s Lawyer: It’s Not Her Job To Corroborate Her Story

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Who cares about what Biden said? We care about what happens. What happened was Obama's choice was scuttled because Repukes wouldn't allow it to go forward.
    It is patently clear the Republican "standard" is "whatever the fuck we can possibly do because we are losing power and so we need to get what we can now."

It's gpoing to be delicious when democrats follow the standard, fuck you you assholes eat shit you will not get anything ever and like it because we have all the power and forever will
    until you either embrace pluralism or white people decide to fuck more"

So eat shit.
    When was Obama's pick accused of an attempted rape; but thanks for finally admitting that this is just a DNC plot, with no evidence.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-19-2018)

3. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    But not a standard that couldn't easily be changed when convenient.
    A standard that Biden admitted should be used in a particular situation, a standard that Biden admitted had been used by a majority of the previous Presidents, but one which the Democrats totally ignored when it was their guy having to go by it.

4. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    But what accusations have the Republicans ever made against a SC nominee from the left, at the "11th hour"??
    I can't remember one. I do remember Republicans using the filibuster to block many of Obama's judicial nominations. That is what led to the "nuclear option" that simply required a majority vote that Republicans later extended to the Supreme Court. I also remember Republicans refusing to hold hearings or a vote on Garland. Both sides use whatever methods are available to block appointments they oppose.

I am not objecting to the use of these methods, only saying both sides use them. Republicans should have gone ahead with the vote on 9/20. Democrats are just seeking to delay the vote because it will not change any votes.

5. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Who cares about what Biden said? We care about what happens. What happened was Obama's choice was scuttled because Repukes wouldn't allow it to go forward.
    It is patently clear the Republican "standard" is "whatever the fuck we can possibly do because we are losing power and so we need to get what we can now."

It's gpoing to be delicious when democrats follow the standard, fuck you you assholes eat shit you will not get anything ever and like it because we have all the power and forever will
    until you either embrace pluralism or white people decide to fuck more"

So eat shit.
    I agree. "Who cares what Biden says?" Party members like Biden make arguments based on what they desire politically (good or bad) and not some standard or principle they are not willing to change when the situation is reversed.

You need to see somebody about that anger problem. When the other party has a near record number of elected partisan offices it is a little premature to say they are "losing power." Democrats lost, let the Republicans enjoy their victory. Continual blabbing about "just wait" and "in the future" is just a substitute for current dissatisfaction. It is like a sports event when the loser says "wait til next year"---a juvenile response from a poor loser.

6. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    A standard that Biden admitted should be used in a particular situation, a standard that Biden admitted had been used by a majority of the previous Presidents, but one which the Democrats totally ignored when it was their guy having to go by it.
    It had been used by previous presidents when it was in their party's interest to do so.

7. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

When was Obama's pick accused of an attempted rape; but thanks for finally admitting that this is just a DNC plot, with no evidence.
    Obamas pick once attacked me in a hotel bathroom, back in 1988. Want a letter?
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

9. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can't remember one. I do remember Republicans using the filibuster to block many of Obama's judicial nominations. That is what led to the "nuclear option" that simply required a majority vote that Republicans later extended to the Supreme Court. I also remember Republicans refusing to hold hearings or a vote on Garland. Both sides use whatever methods are available to block appointments they oppose.

I am not objecting to the use of these methods, only saying both sides use them. Republicans should have gone ahead with the vote on 9/20. Democrats are just seeking to delay the vote because it will not change any votes.
    "many"??

I only remember one situation that occurred towards the end of Obama's Presidency.

Can you tell me what other ones occurred??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

11. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Obamas pick once attacked me in a hotel bathroom, back in 1988. Want a letter?
    There needs to be an investigation, regarding this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

13. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Even the local PD won't investigate.....................

County Police Won’t Investigate Allegations Against Kavanaugh Unless Complaint Is Filed
    Whether statute of limitations would apply would depend upon the type of complaint

Montgomery County police say that unless a complaint is filed, they will not pursue an investigation into Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations that U.S. Supreme Court justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh physically and sexually assaulted her at a party in Montgomery County in the early 1980s when both were high school students.

“We would only investigate if something has been reported to us,” Officer Rick Goodale, a police spokesman, said Monday. “As of now no one has come forward. We are not going to initiate an investigation.”

Goodale said whether the statute of limitations would apply if a complaint was filed would depend upon the type of crime reported.

According to Maryland state law, there is no statute of limitations for felonies in Maryland. Some assault and sex offenses are considered felonies and there is no limitations on when charges could be filed if those offenses are alleged to have occurred.

continues at https://bethesdamagazine.com/bethesd...aint-is-filed/
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

15. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"many"??

I only remember one situation that occurred towards the end of Obama's Presidency.

Can you tell me what other ones occurred??
    There were about 36 judicial nominees blocked. Before Obama Democrats set a new record blocking Bush's appointments and Republicans surpassed that record under Obama.

"By our count, cloture was filed on 36 judicial nominations during the first five years of Obama's presidency, the same total as the previous 40 years combined."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ma-court-nomi/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack..._controversies

16. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were about 36 judicial nominees blocked. Before Obama Democrats set a new record blocking Bush's appointments and Republicans surpassed that record under Obama.

"By our count, cloture was filed on 36 judicial nominations during the first five years of Obama's presidency, the same total as the previous 40 years combined."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ma-court-nomi/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack..._controversies
    But I thought this was about the SCOTUS??

How many of them had unsupported accusations made against them??

17. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

18. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Its worth a whole lot in the court of public opinion. So what do you say, if Kavanaugh has nothing to hide he should be happy to take a polygraph. Right?
    He's already lied in those hearings about other things, no one cares, the president lies daily, no one cares, america is one big lie, no one cares.

19. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

But I thought this was about the SCOTUS??

How many of them had unsupported accusations made against them??
    Not entirely. I made comment "I can't remember one. I do remember Republicans using the filibuster to block many of Obama's judicial nominations."

I just referred to judicial nominees because, as I said, I don't remember any specifics about a Supreme Court nominee. But, it was also in response to my point that both parties are willing to resort to the same tactics to accomplish their goal.

Several GOP Senators vowed to block any Hillary Clinton Supreme Court nominees.

And Republicans sought to smear Anita Hill including a book the author admitted had made-up facts.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...lockade-230363

20. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

It had been used by previous presidents when it was in their party's interest to do so.
    That wasn't the context in which Biden made the claim and furthered the standard.

21. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    That wasn't the context in which Biden made the claim and furthered the standard.
    how about you moron, did you vote for Trump?