I'm going with psychotic.

I'm going with a DNC plant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-17-2018)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

It's the same shit they tried to pull on Clarence Thomas in 1991.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-18-2018), RB 60 (09-18-2018), Stretch (09-18-2018)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

So...the right wing nut cases say that if Kavanaugh is NOT CONFIRMED...it will be a death knell for the Democrats.

Yet they are doing everything they can to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

What a bunch of wing nuts!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

LV426 (09-18-2018), signalmankenneth (09-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2018)

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    There is nothing that supports your premise.
    Yes there is. The fact that this letter of '65 women' was obviously created months ago, since Grassley released it within hours of the allegations becoming public. So the GOP knew about this allegation, and probably many more, and rather than be transparent, they went on a quest to hide and cover up these allegations, and probably many more, from the public.

You expect me to believe it took 4 hours to track down 65 women who claim to have known Brett in high school, get them to sign to a document (that lacks any signatures), and then produce that character voucher letter? It's insulting. You insult me. So fuck you.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (09-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2018)

9. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    they already signed their names

if they are real then its not much bother to write a short letter to congress huh
    Thing is, there are no signatures on that letter Grassley released.

I bet that most of them had their husbands sign their name without their knowledge. Conservatives love to do that kind of thing.
    Last edited by LV426; 09-18-2018 at 07:49 AM.

10. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    But it's because you're a race-baiter and a liar.
    You're not even an American. You sucker simple-minded Conservatives to support you and your Russian propaganda. But you're no American. You're playing pretend.

I see right through you.

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Yes there is. The fact that this letter of '65 women' was obviously created months ago, since Grassley released it within hours of the allegations becoming public. So the GOP knew about this allegation, and probably many more, and rather than be transparent, they went on a quest to hide and cover up these allegations, and probably many more, from the public.

You expect me to believe it took 4 hours to track down 65 women who claim to have known Brett in high school, get them to sign to a document (that lacks any signatures), and then produce that character voucher letter? It's insulting. You insult me. So fuck you.
    This isn't 1945 where a letter has to be mailed from person to person. It can be done in a matter of minutes by emailing it to them and asking if it is ok to add them as a supporter of the letter.

12. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This isn't 1945 where a letter has to be mailed from person to person. It can be done in a matter of minutes by emailing it to them and asking if it is ok to add them as a supporter of the letter.
    The letter contains no signatures.

And how would they have known what 65 women to approach? Did they approach more, and they refused to "sign on"? Who were the women who refused to sign on? What do they have to say about Brett?

13. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No.

Grassley said they "signed the letter". Yet no signatures appear on the letter. Also, 65 is a strange number. Did they ask more women? How many did they ask? And how did they manage to find these women in just a couple hours? How did they know who to ask and who to look for? Brett went to an all-boys high school.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2018)

15. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course. But where do you get the people and their email addys to begin with? Brett's h.s. yearbook? Oh wait, he went to an all-guys school. In addition, almost all the women who allegedly knew him back then have probably been married and changed their surnames since. I imagine it would take quite a long while to track down 65 women who knew someone 30+ years ago, just because of name changes. Then, in your scenario, they'd also have to uncover their email addys.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

LV426 (09-18-2018)

17. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Of course. But where do you get the people and their email addys to begin with? Brett's h.s. yearbook? Oh wait, he went to an all-guys school. In addition, almost all the women who allegedly knew him back then have probably been married and changed their surnames since. I imagine it would take quite a long while to track down 65 women who knew someone 30+ years ago, just because of name changes. Then, in your scenario, they'd also have to uncover their email addys.
    And 65 is a weird number to land on.

Makes me think they asked far, far more women who simply refused to vouch for his character.

I'd like to know who they reached out to who didn't sign onto this letter, and why.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-18-2018)

19. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    And 65 is a weird number to land on.
    Makes me think they asked far, far more women who simply refused to vouch for his character.
    I'd like to know who they reached out to who didn't sign onto this letter, and why.
    My guess is that during the vetting process Kavanaugh told them about the incident, hoping that nothing would come of it.... the woman he allegedly assaulted is, after all, a highly-respected professor with a husband and life. Everyone knows what happens to people who come out of the dark and reveal this kind of info. Ms. Ford had to take down all her public social media platforms. Even that didn't help, several Reichwing sources have shared her physical address, phone number, and other contact info with their bands of crazies. Proactively his handlers scoured the innerwebz to find the ppl who allegedly approved having their names put on the letter Grassley produced. That must have taken quite a while... assuming of course that they are real ppl.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

LV426 (09-18-2018)

21. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Facebook. Before I deleted mine I had dozens of people from HS and hundreds of people from college on my friends list. In addition, there are the reunion committee people which usually consists of one OCD woman stalking down everybody from the class whether they want to be found or not. Technology makes things that seem implausible plausible. That said, I really don't care about him one way or the other. What I do care about is people jumping to conclusions, particularly the side that presumes innocence for minorities, liberals, and the poor but then leads the tar and feathering parade when it comes to white, conservatives, and the wealthy.

22. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My guess is that during the vetting process Kavanaugh told them about the incident, hoping that nothing would come of it.... the woman he allegedly assaulted is, after all, a highly-respected professor with a husband and life. Everyone knows what happens to people who come out of the dark and reveal this kind of info. Ms. Ford had to take down all her public social media platforms. Even that didn't help, several Reichwing sources have shared her physical address, phone number, and other contact info with their bands of crazies. Proactively his handlers scoured the innerwebz to find the ppl who allegedly approved having their names put on the letter Grassley produced. That must have taken quite a while... assuming of course that they are real ppl.
    Conservatives are garbage people.

Every. Single. One.

There isn't a good Conservative who acts in good faith because Conservatism is inherently a bad faith ideology because it promotes selfishness over unity, party-over-country.

23. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,665 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Poor Mrs. Ford..she's not well.....Good luck to her on Monday....
    Last edited by TOP; 09-18-2018 at 09:02 AM.