Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why Now? I Think We All Know Why!

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    dems never ever did that. not once. Biden mentioned it once long ago. the Dems have never acted on that. It was just Joe talking. However, McConnell actually did what no one else would do. Do you think those are the same things?
    I'll say it again, the actual truth. Obama exercised his power and "nominated" a judge for the Supreme Court. Senator McConnell in return exercised his power and ignored executing the "advise and consent" duties of the Senate for the judge Obama nominated. There was no allegations of sexual assault or any other crime directed by McConnell or any Republican toward the Judge Obama nominated. As Obama noted, "Elections have consequences." Republicans controlled the Senate consequently by way of an election.

Democrats on the other hand have chosen to throw a last minute hale Mary by attempting to destroy the life and achievements of Judge Kavanaugh and his family with 27 year old sexual assault allegations impossible to prove or disprove simply to block a Donald Trump nominee to the Supreme Court at least until after the mi-term elections, in hopes that Democrats will retake the Senate and stop every Donald Trump nominee to the courts as long as he's President and avenge the "elections have consequences" issue.

The former destroys nobody's reputation, or life of anybody and their family. The latter does exactly that, can you see the difference? Who's the lowest of lowlifes?

"The truth shall set ye free!"
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    What's important are a few things:

1. The GOP knew about this allegation, and likely others, but chose to obscure them from the public so they could slip their nominee through in order to protect them from the inevitable conclusions of Mueller's investigation.
    And the evidence of that is?????

2. The fact that Brettany has categorically denied this even happening, despite his bestie who says he was there during the attack, shows he's lying. In fact, we saw the same thing happen with Moore; his instinctual response is to deny, deny, deny. But then he slowly began walking that denial back as more and more information came out.
    Please quote his "bestie" word for word. I think you're putting words in his mouth.

3. Brettany lying about this fits a larger pattern with his consistent lying to Congress, specifically about Pickering, but extending through his time as a swamp monster in the Bush the Dumber White House. And yes, he was part of the Bush the Dumber regime...the same regime that you can't seem to recall supporting due to your Bushnesia.
    How about some actual factual elaborations related to the Judge's past service, from the hip allegations don't get it.

I didn't vote for Bush or Trump or any bleeping Democrat or Republican for 50 years. I think Bush was a shitty President.

4. Because you've all cast your lot in with Brettany, your judgment is now also thrown into question.
    I've cast my lot with nobody. I simply tell the truth and let the arrows hit where they may. All I support is JUSTICE.

For, if you had such poor judgment to support Brettany (like you did with Moore), then what else has your judgment been wrong about?
    I didn't support Moore and I don't support Kavanaugh. I support JUSTICE and HONESTY and NON-PARTISAN THINKING.

Tax cuts. Deregulation.
    I support tax cuts and deregulation and limited small government.

So by tying your judgment to Brettany, you've inadvertently opened up that judgment to a broadside attack.
    I never worry about broadside attacks from the left or any other direction, it's ammunitions are mostly all bullshit and lies anyhow. As right and left go the left are twice as corrupt, devious and criminal.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    And the evidence of that is?????

Please quote his "bestie" word for word. I think you're putting words in his mouth.

How about some actual factual elaborations related to the Judge's past service, from the hip allegations don't get it.

I didn't vote for Bush or Trump or any bleeping Democrat or Republican for 50 years. I think Bush was a shitty President.

I've cast my lot with nobody. I simply tell the truth and let the arrows hit where they may. All I support is JUSTICE.

I didn't support Moore and I don't support Kavanaugh. I support JUSTICE and HONESTY and NON-PARTISAN THINKING.

I support tax cuts and deregulation and limited small government.

I never worry about broadside attacks from the left or any other direction, it's ammunitions are mostly all bullshit and lies anyhow. As right and left go the left are twice as corrupt, devious and criminal.
    Another completely shitty post. What would evidence look like after 30 years? think they can find fingerprints? That argument is nonsensical.

This boils down to a batle of testimony. The Repubs are not permitting her to have her shrink ,who she told about the incident 5 years ago. They are not permitting her character witnesses that she told about it. They are not permitting girls who knew about the incident contemporaneously.
    What does Ford have to gain? answer nothing. But her bonus has been death threats and hate mails. not much, is it.

How about Kavanaugh? just a lifetime prestigious and powerful seat on the most important court in the world. Why would he lie? He has spent 40 hours in the Whitehouse learning his testimony.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Another completely shitty post. What would evidence look like after 30 years? think they can find fingerprints? That argument is nonsensical.
    "Precisely" my dear Watson! She says, he says! That's the issue and the case bin a bleeping nut shell. And of course you think that's enough to keep a judge off of the court where testimony from many, many others claim he's a man of integrity and never ever has shown any inkling of being anything even close to a sexual predator There's no "RAPE" (a crime) even claimed, Feeling a girl up in Maryland isn't a crime, feeling up a drunk girl anywhere is most likely "consent." She can't remember the year, but she remembers she was 15. She thinks there were 4 other people in the room, OH WAIT! Maybe there were only 2 other people in the room. Her lawyers, (Hillary's lawyers), want Kavanaugh to testify first and she won't be in the same room with him. What ever happened to facing your accuser? This whole stupid thing is a bleeping leftist farce designed to prolong the judge's confirmation past the midterm election in the hope by democrats that they'll take the Senate and block every judge Trump appoints for the entirety of his Presidency. Face the bleeping truth dear friend!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[QUOTE=Robo;2610901]I'll say it again, the actual truth. Obama exercised his power and "nominated" a judge for the Supreme Court. Senator McConnell in return exercised his power and ignored executing the "advise and consent" duties of the Senate for the judge Obama nominated. There was no allegations of sexual assault or any other crime directed by McConnell or any Republican toward the Judge Obama nominated. As Obama noted, "Elections have consequences." Republicans controlled the Senate consequently by way of an election.

Democrats on the other hand have chosen to throw a last minute hale Mary by attempting to destroy the life and achievements of Judge Kavanaugh and his family with 27 year old sexual assault allegations impossible to prove or disprove simply to block a Donald Trump nominee to the Supreme Court at least until after the mi-term elections, in hopes that Democrats will retake the Senate and stop every Donald Trump nominee to the courts as long as he's President and avenge the "elections have consequences" issue.

The former destroys nobody's reputation, or life of anybody and their family. The latter does exactly that, can you see the difference? Who's the lowest of lowlifes?

"The truth shall set ye free!"[/QUO I will say it again. the president has the right to replace missing Supremes. it is in the constitution.The Repub took that right away. That is not advice and consent. That is blocking, that is usurpation ., What is is not ,is advice and consent. The repugs took away his constitutional right to put in a justice.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I will say it again. the president has the right to replace missing Supremes. it is in the constitution.
    It's also in the Constitution the President's selections for the court "MUST" be confirmed only by the advise and "CONSENT" of the United States Senate.

The Repub took that right away.
    No right of President Obama was "taken away." He exercised his right of selection without any obstruction from any Republican or anybody else.

That is not advice and consent. That is blocking, that is usurpation ., What is is not ,is advice and consent. The repugs took away his constitutional right to put in a justice.
    No right of President Obama was taken away as I proved in my last sentence. The Republican controlled Senate simply exercised their right to NOT give Obama's choice their "CONSENT.".

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's also in the Constitution the President's selections for the court "MUST" be confirmed only by the advise and "CONSENT" of the United States Senate.

No right of President Obama was "taken away." He exercised his right of selection without any obstruction from any Republican or anybody else.

No right of President Obama was taken away as I proved in my last sentence. The Republican controlled Senate simply exercised their right to NOT give Obama's choice their "CONSENT.".
    They took his power away and held it until a Repub got in. If Hillary won, we would still have 8 on the court.

The fact is the senate has the power to make sure the president does not offer up a totally unqualified candidate of repaying a favor. Not only did the Repubs stop the process, but refused to hold hearings and many did also refused to even have conferences with him. If your crippled mind, do you define that as advice and consent? If so you are lying. That was a total destruction of the process. Pray tell, what was the advice they offered?
    That was an absolute abuse of power.Indefensible and wrong.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What is good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Turnabout is fair play.

Merrick Garland him!
    OH, LOOK!!

Jarod just admitted that this is about payback / vengeance.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Quit whining, Trumpers. Politics is politics, and you deserved this.
    Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

No, the Repugs flat out stole Obamas right to choose a justice,
    Obama exercised his constitutional power and chose a justice. The Senate exercised its constitutional power and refused to confirm.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (09-21-2018)

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Precisely" my dear Watson! She says, he says! That's the issue and the case bin a bleeping nut shell. And of course you think that's enough to keep a judge off of the court where testimony from many, many others claim he's a man of integrity and never ever has shown any inkling of being anything even close to a sexual predator There's no "RAPE" (a crime) even claimed, Feeling a girl up in Maryland isn't a crime, feeling up a drunk girl anywhere is most likely "consent." She can't remember the year, but she remembers she was 15. She thinks there were 4 other people in the room, OH WAIT! Maybe there were only 2 other people in the room. Her lawyers, (Hillary's lawyers), want Kavanaugh to testify first and she won't be in the same room with him. What ever happened to facing your accuser? This whole stupid thing is a bleeping leftist farce designed to prolong the judge's confirmation past the midterm election in the hope by democrats that they'll take the Senate and block every judge Trump appoints for the entirety of his Presidency. Face the bleeping truth dear friend!
    What I don't understand is; since this is a he said / she said situation, why are liberals more inclined to believe her; when there is no evidence.

I thought everyone is INNOCENT, until proven guilty, in the US??

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

No, the Repugs flat out stole Obamas right to choose a justice,
    Uhh, it is NOT the GOP's job to rubber stamp Obama's picks. Especially a far Left nutjob like Garland.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is the winner, Trump base, get over it.

The GOP senators are the winners, Trump base, get over it.

Trump and many GOP senators say that Ford should tell her story, Trump base, get over it.

Elections have consequences, and the above are the consequences for the Trump base.

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Obama exercised his constitutional power and chose a justice. The Senate exercised its constitutional power and refused to confirm.
    They do not have that right. They have advice and consent. there is a process to follow and they did not.. They blew it up. They refused to hold a hearing. they refused to talk to Obama's nomine.. That is not exercizing any duties at all. That is total bullshit. They hid in their caves and refused to do their jobs. if they were close to adults and interested in doing the fair looking thing, they would have gone through the motions.
    they could have held a vote. But they knew he was qualifid and not a far lefty. obama deliberately chose a middle of the roader. The repubs want a far ,far righty who believes in the imperial presidency and the establishment of a plutocracy. You rightys don't know it, but the people you voted in do not have your interests in mind, unless you are billionaies and the future rulers of the plutocracy.,

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They do not have that right. They have advice and consent. there is a process to follow and they did not.. They blew it up. They refused to hold a hearing. they refused to talk to Obama's nomine.. That is not exercizing any duties at all. That is total bullshit. They hid in their caves and refused to do their jobs. if they were close to adults and interested in doing the fair looking thing, they would have gone through the motions.
    they could have held a vote. But they knew he was qualifid and not a far lefty. obama deliberately chose a middle of the roader. The repubs want a far ,far righty who believes in the imperial presidency and the establishment of a plutocracy. You rightys don't know it, but the people you voted in do not have your interests in mind, unless you are billionaies and the future rulers of the plutocracy.,
    YEAH, fuck the constitution.

The procedure for appointing a Justice is provided for by the Constitution in only a few words. The “Appointments Clause” (Article II, Section 2, clause 2) states that the President “shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint ... Judges of the supreme Court.” The process of appointing Justices has undergone changes over two centuries, but its most basic feature—the sharing of power between the President and Senate—has remained unchanged: To receive appointment to the Court, a candidate must first be nominated by the President and then confirmed by the Senate

Please show where it's required that the Senate confirm, just because the President nominated someone.

I'll wait, while you pull your evidence and yourself together.