Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: Manafort plea unlikely to yield what left wants

  1. #31 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 6,618 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 707 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    It never was going to. The moment it was revealed Trump had waived privileges and the WH counsel's office was cooperating for months with the investigation, it should have been obvious to people that The Donald was throwing them all under the bus first, but noooooooooooooooooo, not in blue waveland. That was simply gotcha moment #243 of the year.
    The waiving of privileges by Trump was slick.

    For one thing, allowing WH counsel to be subjected to 30 hours of interview shot the legs out from any shot Mullet had at getting Trump in a perjury trap. Itís hard to get more cooperative than that. More importantly, it deprived Mullet of a compelling need to interview Trump in person.

    Note how the lefty media all but ignored that: had Trump exercised executive privilege the media and the minimally informed JPP lefties would be shrieking about how guilty Trump was acting lol.

    Trump *acts* anything but guilty.
    This place moves me like very, very few other places. And I been everywhere. #WestVirginia~Anthony Bordain on Twitter

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    Kacper (09-16-2018)

  3. #32 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,679
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 1,598 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 158 Times in 155 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The waiving of privileges by Trump was slick.

    For one thing, allowing WH counsel to be subjected to 30 hours of interview shot the legs out from any shot Mullet had at getting Trump in a perjury trap. It’s hard to get more cooperative than that. More importantly, it deprived Mullet of a compelling need to interview Trump in person.

    Note how the lefty media all but ignored that: had Trump exercised executive privilege the media and the minimally informed JPP lefties would be shrieking about how guilty Trump was acting lol.

    Trump *acts* anything but guilty.
    Trump is too ignorant to understand what a terrible position he is in.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

    guno (09-16-2018), katzgar (09-16-2018)

  5. #33 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,885
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,381 Posts
    Groans
    21
    Groaned 121 Times in 113 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The waiving of privileges by Trump was slick.

    For one thing, allowing WH counsel to be subjected to 30 hours of interview shot the legs out from any shot Mullet had at getting Trump in a perjury trap. It’s hard to get more cooperative than that. More importantly, it deprived Mullet of a compelling need to interview Trump in person.

    Note how the lefty media all but ignored that: had Trump exercised executive privilege the media and the minimally informed JPP lefties would be shrieking about how guilty Trump was acting lol.

    Trump *acts* anything but guilty.
    And attacking the DOJ is a pretty good way to hide that you are working with them behind the scenes.

    I don't like Trump. I am not an apologist for Trump. Never have and never will vote for Trump. That said, during the election I heard an interview about him somewhere or the other that basically said Trump's biggest problem even before he ran has always been this shady lawyer who worked for him and the longer Trump had worked with him, the more he adopted the same sort of personna as that guy. Obviously they were talking about Cohen. I have been operating under the suspicion for awhile that Trump is actually planning for his own death. The estate tax repeal corresponds to his life expectancy. That whole nonsense early on about his wife (eventual widow) having her future marketing prowress damaged would be in line with that as surely she has a prenup that will limit her cut of the Trump pie. Throwing all the shady people from his life under the bus would remove them from the lives of his children once he is gone in order to move forward with the businesses without him and them. I suspect Don Jr., and Kushner playing footsy with the Russians was a complete curve ball that he has been trying to dig them out from under after they went renegade trying to be movers and shakers, but otherwise I don't see a single thing Trump has done that isn't in his family's best interest once he is compost.

  6. #34 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    7,264
    Thanks
    1,004
    Thanked 3,662 Times in 2,389 Posts
    Groans
    319
    Groaned 360 Times in 337 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Your comment proves you don't know enough about this topic to discuss it.

    everyone involved is republican, quit being stupid

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

    blackascoal (09-16-2018), guno (09-16-2018)

  8. #35 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 6,618 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 707 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    And attacking the DOJ is a pretty good way to hide that you are working with them behind the scenes.

    I don't like Trump. I am not an apologist for Trump. Never have and never will vote for Trump. That said, during the election I heard an interview about him somewhere or the other that basically said Trump's biggest problem even before he ran has always been this shady lawyer who worked for him and the longer Trump had worked with him, the more he adopted the same sort of personna as that guy. Obviously they were talking about Cohen. I have been operating under the suspicion for awhile that Trump is actually planning for his own death. The estate tax repeal corresponds to his life expectancy. That whole nonsense early on about his wife (eventual widow) having her future marketing prowress damaged would be in line with that as surely she has a prenup that will limit her cut of the Trump pie. Throwing all the shady people from his life under the bus would remove them from the lives of his children once he is gone in order to move forward with the businesses without him and them. I suspect Don Jr., and Kushner playing footsy with the Russians was a complete curve ball that he has been trying to dig them out from under after they went renegade trying to be movers and shakers, but otherwise I don't see a single thing Trump has done that isn't in his family's best interest once he is compost.
    Thatís an interesting theory, to say the least lol.

    Maybe youíre right, who knows. I take a more pragmatic view of Trump: whatever his hidden motivations are [to whatever extent he has them] heís a doer that takes a pragmatic instead of an ideological veiw of things. Trump wants to get crap done. Whether itís because heís sincere about MAGA, whether itís because heís driven by ego to be THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER or whether itís for darker reasons like you suggestó-why does it matter if the country benefits?

    Thatís why the Never Trumpers donít like Trumpóhe doesnít share their ideology. Trump isnít one of theirs, ideologically.

    Regarding the possibility Junior and/or others actually approached Russians to help in the campaign. I just donít care. Or put it this way, as far as Iím concerned itís a conspiracy theory.

    The only reason I waste time with it is the conspiracy theory led to an SP against a duly elected president. And thatís a much greater sin than Juniorís *theoretical* and ham-handed attempt at the collusion.
    This place moves me like very, very few other places. And I been everywhere. #WestVirginia~Anthony Bordain on Twitter

  9. #36 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,885
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 1,381 Posts
    Groans
    21
    Groaned 121 Times in 113 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That’s an interesting theory, to say the least lol.

    Maybe you’re right, who knows. I take a more pragmatic view of Trump: whatever his hidden motivations are [to whatever extent he has them] he’s a doer that takes a pragmatic instead of an ideological veiw of things. Trump wants to get crap done. Whether it’s because he’s sincere about MAGA, whether it’s because he’s driven by ego to be THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER or whether it’s for darker reasons like you suggest—-why does it matter if the country benefits?

    That’s why the Never Trumpers don’t like Trump—he doesn’t share their ideology. Trump isn’t one of theirs, ideologically.

    Regarding the possibility Junior and/or others actually approached Russians to help in the campaign. I just don’t care. Or put it this way, as far as I’m concerned it’s a conspiracy theory.

    The only reason I waste time with it is the conspiracy theory led to an SP against a duly elected president. And that’s a much greater sin than Junior’s *theoretical* and ham-handed attempt at the collusion.
    I don't know that I think he is doing anything great for the country as of yet other than stopping Hillary. That bitch would have started WWIII

  10. #37 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    66,809
    Thanks
    2,817
    Thanked 13,917 Times in 11,678 Posts
    Groans
    1,451
    Groaned 1,888 Times in 1,786 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Manafort attended that fateful meeting in which Russian "adoption" was discussed. His information on that is essential.
    why?......the meeting itself was a bust......

  11. #38 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,422
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,500 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 245 Times in 233 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I know the left thinks Manaforts plea deal is the magic bullet that will finally rid them of President Trump, but I donít think it will

    Remember that their boy Rick Gates has been ďcooperatingĒ with Mueller for over six months

    What if anything new can Manafort tell him that Gates hasnít already told him?

    I doubt Manafort knows anything Gates didnít
    For beginners, Gates wasn't at the infamous Trump Tower meeting, nor does he probably have knowledge of Trump/Manaford's financial relationships.

    If nothing else Manaford could serve to confirm information Gates might have given Mueller

  12. #39 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,422
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,500 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 245 Times in 233 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?......the meeting itself was a bust......
    According to Don Junior who has already been caught lying three times about the meeting

  13. #40 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9,752
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 3,239 Posts
    Groans
    2,095
    Groaned 820 Times in 778 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Manafort attended that fateful meeting in which Russian "adoption" was discussed. His information on that is essential.
    yes, Putin adopted Donald at that meeting.

  14. #41 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    9,752
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 3,239 Posts
    Groans
    2,095
    Groaned 820 Times in 778 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why?......the meeting itself was a bust......
    I does not matter if it worked. if you try to rob a bank and fail, do they let you go? PP think a tiny bit some times.

  15. #42 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    19,353
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 9,119 Times in 6,618 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 707 Times in 672 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    yes, Putin adopted Donald at that meeting.
    You’re a true believer, aren’t you.
    This place moves me like very, very few other places. And I been everywhere. #WestVirginia~Anthony Bordain on Twitter

  16. #43 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    66,809
    Thanks
    2,817
    Thanked 13,917 Times in 11,678 Posts
    Groans
    1,451
    Groaned 1,888 Times in 1,786 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    According to Don Junior who has already been caught lying three times about the meeting
    lol.....sorry sadchild......its the lib'ruls who've been caught lying about the meeting.......

  17. #44 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    66,809
    Thanks
    2,817
    Thanked 13,917 Times in 11,678 Posts
    Groans
    1,451
    Groaned 1,888 Times in 1,786 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I does not matter if it worked. if you try to rob a bank and fail, do they let you go? PP think a tiny bit some times.
    except no one tried to rob a bank or do anything else even remotely against the law.......that's why you look like such a fucking idiot........

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 184
    Last Post: 09-16-2018, 02:12 PM
  2. Paul Manafort will enter a guilty plea in second trial
    By DonaldvoTrumpovich in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2018, 08:47 AM
  3. Manafort talking plea deal with prosecutors
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2018, 03:52 PM
  4. Manafort Weighing Plea Deal to Avoid New Criminal Trial
    By guno in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2018, 02:18 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •