Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ohio's top GOP supporter quits party

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I don't know the candidates this guy supported.

Living in Ohio I would say it's safe to say he was a Kasich supporter, who was only able to carry his own state due to his progressive polices.

Again, this has nothing to do with Trump specifically.

If you understand the swamp or the establishment types in Congress then you should understand that is who the American people are voting against.

And, none of that is the reason Republicans have no power in California.
    If you believe Kasich only won because of progressive politics then what does that say about Ohio? Would you rather lose the Governorship of Ohio and control of the state legislature in exchange for running what you believe to be ideologically pure candidates?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't know the candidates this guy supported.

Living in Ohio I would say it's safe to say he was a Kasich supporter, who was only able to carry his own state during the primaries due to his progressive polices.

Again, this has nothing to do with Trump specifically.

If you understand the swamp or the establishment types in Congress then you should understand that is who the American people are voting against.

And, none of that is the reason Republicans have no power in California.
    Here's what the article says:

The Ohio businessman has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Republican candidates and groups over the years, including giving $250,000 to a super PAC backing Sen. Rob Portman's (R) reelection campaign in 2016 and nearly $70,000 to GOP committees and candidates in Ohio and other states, the Dispatch noted.

Who are all these anti-swamp candidates that aren't in state houses now around the country because Wexler supposedly donated to establishment Republicans?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 43 Times in 40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If you believe Kasich only won because of progressive politics then what does that say about Ohio?
    My point was, due to Kasich's progressive polices and talk of choosing a Democrat for his VP, he was only able to carry one out of the 50 states in this Country.

This really doesn't say anything about Ohio most candidates ALWAYS carry their home state.

I think the exception was Ol' Slick.

Would you rather lose the Governorship of Ohio and control of the state legislature in exchange for running what you believe to be ideologically pure candidates?
    I don't believe we will lose the Governorship, so to say.

The American people are voting against these establishment types as evidenced by Trump's victory.

Keep in mind there is a reason Kasich is not running for re-election in Ohio.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 72 Posts

My point was, due to Kasich's progressive polices and talk of choosing a Democrat for his VP, he was only able to carry one out of the 50 states in this Country.

This really doesn't say anything about Ohio most candidates ALWAYS carry their home state.

The American people are voting against these establishment types as evidenced by Trump's victory.

He can't.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's what the article says:

The Ohio businessman has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to Republican candidates and groups over the years, including giving $250,000 to a super PAC backing Sen. Rob Portman's (R) reelection campaign in 2016 and nearly $70,000 to GOP committees and candidates in Ohio and other states, the Dispatch noted.

Who are all these anti-swamp candidates that aren't in state houses now around the country because Wexler supposedly donated to establishment Republicans?
    Again ....

I am not familiar with Ohio local politics and do not know anything about these candiates.

But, this guy is clearly a neverTrumper and I assure you, I am NOT wrong in my assessment.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This isn't about Kasich's run for President. Wexler spent a bunch of money helping Republicans get elected in Ohio and other states. Not sure why your sole focus is on the 2016 Presidential election when this guy has donated for years to candidates in state houses and you're saying we don't need his money.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again ....

I am not familiar with Ohio local politics and do not know anything about these candiates.

But, this guy is clearly a neverTrumper and I assure you, I am NOT wrong in my assessment.
    So what if he is? So unless he supports Trump his money is not good for any other Republicans around the country? Good lord dude. I hope you don't have power within the party because we would be out of power like the Democrats.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

blackascoal (09-15-2018), Rune (09-15-2018)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So what if he is? So unless he supports Trump his money is not good for any other Republicans around the country? Good lord dude. I hope you don't have power within the party because we would be out of power like the Democrats.
    Clearly ....

You do not understand what is going on in the Party.

I am not sure why you are so hung up on Trump and cannot see that the American people are rejecting the establishment GOP.

Regardless of who that may be or what level of office they are running for.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

" Should we not want people donating to the party? " c #6
    That depends upon multiple factors:
    - who
    - how much
    - what do they expect in return

Trump's tax cuts was a gift to the donor class. Trump has given them a huge gift, and sent the bill to the grand-kids.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sear For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-15-2018)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Hello, Red Cow. Which anti-establishment Republican is your favorite after Trump?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-15-2018), Rune (09-15-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-15-2018)

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Clearly ....

You do not understand what is going on in the Party.

I am not sure why you are so hung up on Trump and cannot see that the American people are rejecting the establishment GOP.

Regardless of who that may be or what level of office they are running for.
    The American people aren't doing anything. We just signed one of the most massive spending bills during a supposed booking economy. Where are these "anti establishment" types the American people supposedly support? That's what the tea party was supposed to be about and now look at us. The phrase anti establishment means nothing because once in office they are establishment. The same goes for Trump.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-15-2018), Rune (09-15-2018)

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

listen to the caw of the wacko, crow

fact is when any party loses a large donor it's a bad thing, every time

the flagging GOP House races need all the money they can get, especially in Ohio

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

the republican party is dead. they folded like a Walmart tent as soon as they faced trump. Mcconnell and Ryan headed for the bunkers and have not been heard of since. there are plenty of ex Repubs who hate Daffy, but are silent. Repubs that stay with him will get blood on themselves. Daffy will not go quietly. Bu a good chance it will be in handcuffs,.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-15-2018)

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    the republican party is dead. they folded like a Walmart tent as soon as they faced trump. Mcconnell and Ryan headed for the bunkers and have not been heard of since. there are plenty of ex Repubs who hate Daffy, but are silent. Repubs that stay with him will get blood on themselves. Daffy will not go quietly. Bu a good chance it will be in handcuffs,.
    Speaking of this board specifically there have been calls for over a decade that the Republican Party has been dead. Might as well keep doubling, tripling and quadrupling down on the proclamation

20. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Again ....

link