1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    at least i know both my parents and they are still married

UN like niggers who dont! or one are both are in prison!

and it was a POS parent that stayed with an infant when warned to leave or it could be deadly.. , they put the child in harms way!
    Perhaps they could not afford to move or didn’t have the means.

Don’t try to compete with me and my family’s marriage longevity, bitch. You’ll lose

2. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-15-2018)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Some genuinely large trees are gorgeous, beautiful lawn companions.

But !!

They are a serious risk, as this topic demonstrates.

My home is a 4 story tall concrete & steel tower in the forest.

But we gave up some trees to build here. And I keep the taller trees further from the foundation than their height.

To gauge whether trees in your yard jeopardize your house, you can make a gauge for that. With a 45 degree speed square, & a spirit level.
    - Rest the speed square on the level.
    - Back up to your house, and sight up the hypotenuse of the speed square.
    - If the treetop is not below your line of sight, that tree is within striking distance of your house.

If you don't have a 45 degree speed square, & or spirit level, you can fold a 45 degree angle into regular printer paper, and use that.
    There is an easier way than that using just your finger.
    Walk a perpendicular to a line between the tree and your house. You are far enough away when your vertical finger on the outstretched arm is the same height as the tree.
    You can now simply turn your finger horizontal and determine exactly how far the tree is from your house.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-15-2018)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Some genuinely large trees are gorgeous, beautiful lawn companions.

But !!

They are a serious risk, as this topic demonstrates.

My home is a 4 story tall concrete & steel tower in the forest.

But we gave up some trees to build here. And I keep the taller trees further from the foundation than their height.

To gauge whether trees in your yard jeopardize your house, you can make a gauge for that. With a 45 degree speed square, & a spirit level.
    - Rest the speed square on the level.
    - Back up to your house, and sight up the hypotenuse of the speed square.
    - If the treetop is not below your line of sight, that tree is within striking distance of your house.

If you don't have a 45 degree speed square, & or spirit level, you can fold a 45 degree angle into regular printer paper, and use that.
    After I got my house, I had a tree company in before I moved in. I still have one tree that could crush the back corner if it fell toward the house, though it has a ok somewhat lean away I need to get taken down. It is a super tall poplar. Originally it was going to be too expensive but my tree guy bought a truck with a 110 foot boom so he won't need to rent equipment. Might get him to take it down this winter. We use that bedroom as the guest room until I get it done. Who cares if they get smooshed.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I guess babies getting killed is just something your kind always celebrates, isn't it?
    guno is your kind. He was celebrating when he thought it was two white people.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Perhaps they could not afford to move or didn’t have the means.

Don’t try to compete with me and my family’s marriage longevity, bitch. You’ll lose
    Why didn't you pay for their trip or go get them, bleeding heart?

Don't try to compete with me on me and my family's marriage longevity, bitch. You've already lost.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Highest suicide rates in the nation amongst middle aged white males; oddly enough, the ones moaning about white genocide. But in a way, they're MAGAing. Thanks.
    As long as transgenders commit suicide at a 41% rate, we're all MAGAing. Thanks transgenders.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    no tears for the infant ?

you are a fucking sociopathic dickwad
    Your tears are based on whether the two were black or white. White, no problem with you. Black, you'd find someone or something to blame it on.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    marvel at the republican voter base

what a pack of assholes your party is

"2 less crackas" - guno

marvel at the Democrat voter base.

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    More Black Babies Are Aborted Than Born: March For Life 2018

more black babies are aborted in New York City than born

3/4 of black babies being born are bastards. If they're not killing them, they making them dependent on white people.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"I had a tree company in " K #33
    Sensible.
    I'm a do-it-yourselfer.

If you've got a crew you can apply tension to a rope between the top of the tree, and a 4WD truck or tractor.
    I usually work alone.

So do the rope trick with one modification.

- I attach the rope to a portion of the trunk with about the girth of my wrist or arm.

- Then I measure off the hypotenuse distance the rope will span, to the ground. Then,

- half-way up the rope I fix a heavy weight, as much as a few hundred pounds.

That way the tension remains on the tree until angle and momentum compel it to drop where I want it.

Just make sure the tractor is out of reach of the fall. I've got some dents in the tractor because of that.

If you have trouble attaching the rope to the tree, a compound bow set up for fishing might help. I don't have that. So I put a nectarine-sized rock in a rag, and use string to tie it to the rope. It takes some getting used to because the weight of the rope causes the rock to fall short of where it would go without the rope. But give it a mighty heave, and you're there. I then make a simple loop in one end, and draw the other end of the rope through it until it's on the tree where I want it.

BUT !!

Then you're committed. You don't get your rope back until you drop the tree.

T I M B E R !!
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Sensible.
    I'm a do-it-yourselfer.

If you've got a crew you can apply tension to a rope between the top of the tree, and a 4WD truck or tractor.
    I usually work alone.

So do the rope trick with one modification.

- I attach the rope to a portion of the trunk with about the girth of my wrist or arm.

- Then I measure off the hypotenuse distance the rope will span, to the ground. Then,

- half-way up the rope I fix a heavy weight, as much as a few hundred pounds.

That way the tension remains on the tree until angle and momentum compel it to drop where I want it.

Just make sure the tractor is out of reach of the fall. I've got some dents in the tractor because of that.

If you have trouble attaching the rope to the tree, a compound bow set up for fishing might help. I don't have that. So I put a nectarine-sized rock in a rag, and use string to tie it to the rope. It takes some getting used to because the weight of the rope causes the rock to fall short of where it would go without the rope. But give it a mighty heave, and you're there. I then make a simple loop in one end, and draw the other end of the rope through it until it's on the tree where I want it.

BUT !!

Then you're committed. You don't get your rope back until you drop the tree.

T I M B E R !!
    I suspect it is easier just to pay my tree guy $400 on his $250 written quote (*wink wink*) to bring it down in sections and then call any of the number of people I know who burn wood and say, "First come, first served" to take care of the rest.

My brother had a tree fall right in front of his outhouse door. Told him too bad he wasn't in it at the time, because I am pretty sure, "Redneck Rides Out Hurricane Trapped Inside Brick Shit House" would have made him an internet legend.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 88 Times in 87 Posts

"it is easier just to pay my tree guy" K #41
    For onezy twozy for sure.

My home doesn't have a furnace. I've been here a generation, heat it mostly with wood I cull from my hundreds of acres of forest.

It's probably cheaper to just buy a furnace.

But it's exercise, and it keeps the forest a little more tidy, for hunting, camping, etc.

The worst of it is shoveling the ash out of the woodstove after it's gone. That ash can get over everything.
    "It should be obvious to anyone why conservatives and libertarians should be against Trump. He has no grounding in belief. No core philosophy. No morals. No loyalty. No curiosity. No empathy and no understanding. He demands personal loyalty and not loyalty to the nation. His only core belief is in his own superiority to everyone else. His only want is exercise more and more personal power." smb / purveyor of fact 18/03/18