Thread: Nike, Nike, Nike!

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Instead of unceasing wars under Republicans it's too bad we can't go back to the days of easy quick and far less painful wars under the Democrats such as WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Such a much simpler time I know.

From a local perspective it's interesting how SF and Oakland have the worst/among the worst infrastructure in America yet we don't have racist white men that run things around here. How does that happen?

Listening to you two you would think Democrats never had any power in this country. Didn't control the House for decades.

But racist white men is such a great term. Because it can used interchangeably between all white people and then can exclude Democrats when another Democrat is being spoken too. It does the trick.
    With all due respect, as oi usual republican style, you cherry-pick targets while ignoring the greater truths.

Start here, at this very moment, an administration led by a president deemed racist by half the nation .. and a Republican Party that controls both Houses and the White House .. and that president having the lowest approval in history even with a good economy .. with a Republican Party that is shrinking. Start there.

Exactly what grade do you think the American people give that collection of racist white men?

And, again as in usual republican parlance, you hide behind the term 'white people.' This isn't about white people, it's about your failed political party led by racist white men.

If you're not one of them, I'm not understanding what your problem is.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2018)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Instead of unceasing wars under Republicans it's too bad we can't go back to the days of easy quick and far less painful wars under the Democrats such as WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Such a much simpler time I know.

From a local perspective it's interesting how SF and Oakland have the worst/among the worst infrastructure in America yet we don't have racist white men that run things around here. How does that happen?

Listening to you two you would think Democrats never had any power in this country. Didn't control the House for decades.

But racist white men is such a great term. Because it can used interchangeably between all white people and then can exclude Democrats when another Democrat is being spoken too. It does the trick.
    Face me you coward.

Like I said, you all can talk about the dem control all you want, but at the core of this nation is racist right wing polices that the dems continue with.

SF, Oak, and Los Angeles hasn't always been run by dems..........Doesn't matter who the fuckin mayor is it's the RACIST RIGHT WING LAWS that were put in place decades ago by racist right wing white males. It's why we have inner cities in the first place.

They have controlled this country since they stole it from the native Americans.

That's a fact!

So fuck off

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-19-2018)

5. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    With all due respect, as oi usual republican style, you cherry-pick targets while ignoring the greater truths.

Start here, at this very moment, an administration led by a president deemed racist by half the nation .. and a Republican Party that controls both Houses and the White House .. and that president having the lowest approval in history even with a good economy .. with a Republican Party that is shrinking. Start there.

Exactly what grade do you think the American people give that collection of racist white men?

And, again as in usual republican parlance, you hide behind the term 'white people.' This isn't about white people, it's about your failed political party led by racist white men.

If you're not one of them, I'm not understanding what your problem is.
    Owl's comment went back to the 1930's when she referenced S.S. so I was coming from a long period of time, not just the last 18 months. TTQ64 has previously said all president's prior to President Obama were racist white men. At one other point in time she said Jimmy Carter wasn't racist. Going off either of those this country has been run by racist white men essentially forever then and trying to differentiate between Democrats and Republicans is missing the forest for the trees as all players are racist.

We are all individuals with our own beliefs and I'm sure not all will agree that every President prior to Obama was racist. TTQ64 for example has said the U.S. involvement in Libya wasn't the responsibility of President Obama or Sec of State Clinton, it was the responsibility of racist white men. So would these have been racist white men that Obama put into power? Or were they leftover racist white men from the Bush Administration?

So racist white men on it's own when talking about this country, depending on your perspective, could entail a large number of people as we discuss history. So the term as she uses it is far bigger than just the past 18 months, at least to me.

6. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Owl's comment went back to the 1930's when she referenced S.S. so I was coming from a long period of time, not just the last 18 months. TTQ64 has previously said all president's prior to President Obama were racist white men. At one other point in time she said Jimmy Carter wasn't racist. Going off either of those this country has been run by racist white men essentially forever then and trying to differentiate between Democrats and Republicans is missing the forest for the trees as all players are racist.

We are all individuals with our own beliefs and I'm sure not all will agree that every President prior to Obama was racist. TTQ64 for example has said the U.S. involvement in Libya wasn't the responsibility of President Obama or Sec of State Clinton, it was the responsibility of racist white men. So would these have been racist white men that Obama put into power? Or were they leftover racist white men from the Bush Administration?

So racist white men on it's own when talking about this country, depending on your perspective, could entail a large number of people as we discuss history. So the term as she uses it is far bigger than just the past 18 months, at least to me.
    Why wont you face me you coward?

LOL, you bring up Libya because you know BAC agrees with the right on this topic..........pretty slick.

Please point to a time in history where his country wasn't ran by white men.

I'll wait.

7. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you explain what we are witnessing right before our eyes?

The effects and consequences of 'racist white men' could not possibly be more quantified then what is right before our eyes .. and, all the things that the Left and democrats have been saying for years about what you get when racist white men are in control are proven true.

One's individual definition of racist is based on their perspective. However, when half the nation deems the American president a racist .. you can bet that son-of-a-bitch is a racist.

The American economy usually does better under democratic administrations .. and an almost completely controlled republican everything just gave away untold taxpayer dollars to already rich people .. who did not turn that bonanza into higher wages for workers.

Indeed we are individuals brother, but your politics have consequences far beyond just you. Your politics are about as close to seeing into the soul as it gets.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.