2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This piece is excellent, enjoy.

'In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.'

'Killer cognitive bias, air pollution and climate change.'
    To be honest I've always thought that anybody that thinks they're capable or qualified to be POTUS is at least a little bit off their rocker in one way or another, and that's what it takes. Who in their right mind would want that job?
    From what I've read about George Washington, he seemed to have the most humble attitude.
    I might would do it for one term then take my pension. Four yrs is nothing in the scheme of things, but I'd have to start by age 56 so I could enjoy the autumn of life.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    the PEOPLE did not choose Trump

Putin did
    Moron eruption. :rolf2:
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The article is proof that the liberal left is too stupid and of too low an IQ to comprhend why this country is great and why Trump was elected and getting things done that help the American people.

These morons want to go back to the lie Obamunsim where malaise was prevalent and we were being told to get used to it, this was the new economy.
    You can't disagree with this:
    Yet the cataclysm that Trump’s ascendency was said to signify has yet to occur. Barring a nuclear war, it won’t.

If you spend your days watching CNN or MSNBC or reading columnists employed by the New York Times and the Washington Post, you might conclude otherwise. But those are among the institutions that, on November 8, 2016, suffered a nervous breakdown from which they have yet to recover.
    or this:

Americans today are deeply divided. There exists no greater symbol of that division than Trump himself — the wild enthusiasm he generates in some quarters and the antipathy verging on hatred he elicits in others.
    And I agree with this:
    Trump is not the problem. Think of him instead as a summons to address the real problem, which in a nation ostensibly of, by, and for the people is the collective responsibility of the people themselves. For Americans to shirk that responsibility further will almost surely pave the way for more Trumps — or someone worse (I would say more extreme) — to come.
    I've said this before. Clinton begat Bush Jr., Bush Jr. begat Obama, Obama begat Trump. Trumpism will sire someone more extreme than Obama. Whether Trump is re-elected or not I can almost guarantee his successor will be a dim and it won't be pretty. It's why I voted for Johnson. Not that I thought he'd win but IMO some sanity needs to be restored to nat'l politics. I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    If Trump is re-elected (and I think he will be) the country will inevitably have Trump fatigue, just as it had Clinton fatigue, Bush fatigue and fatigue with Obama's policies (not so much Obama) as seen by the historic losses by dims in congress and governorships.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-20-2018)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Nice meme. How am I wrong? Is it not true the power and influence of the presidency is far overstated? Is it not true that political decisions are made as the result of lobbying efforts and bribes in the form of campaign donations? Are we not a country run by wealthy interests? Why is it, then, that many of our most controversial laws seem written specifically to benefit major industries?
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau