Thread: Midterm question for our friends on the left

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Midterm question for our friends on the left

I totally get that conventional wisdom is that the GOP is going to get wiped out in a humongous BLUE WAVE that is going to give the House of Representatives and Senate back to the democrat party. I am not here to argue whether it will or will not happen.

Here is my question.

If the unlikely happens and the GOP holds the House of Representatives AND gains seats in the US Senate, will you accept the outcome? Or will you blame some outside source like Russia, racism, voter ID, Hurricane Florence or some other unbeknownst reason why the electorate rejected the democrat party

You have my word that if the democrat party retakes Congress, I will 1000% accept the outcome and will not accuse them of cheating, blame Russia or any other nefarious individual. I have always accepted the outcomes of all elections.

The question is will you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-13-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have refused to accept the fact than not only did Russia interfere in our election, that Hillary may have won without them. Are you willing to accept that?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You have refused to accept the fact than not only did Russia interfere in our election, that Hillary may have won without them. Are you willing to accept that?
    Russia has interfered in our elections since forever

Hillary lost. You still aren’t over it.

You could have just said no. Thanks for participating

5. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,936 Times in 21,683 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,701 Times in 5,202 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I totally get that conventional wisdom is that the GOP is going to get wiped out in a humongous BLUE WAVE that is going to give the House of Representatives and Senate back to the democrat party. I am not here to argue whether it will or will not happen.

Here is my question.

If the unlikely happens and the GOP holds the House of Representatives AND gains seats in the US Senate, will you accept the outcome? Or will you blame some outside source like Russia, racism, voter ID, Hurricane Florence or some other unbeknownst reason why the electorate rejected the democrat party

You have my word that if the democrat party retakes Congress, I will 1000% accept the outcome and will not accuse them of cheating, blame Russia or any other nefarious individual. I have always accepted the outcomes of all elections.

Stop trying to set the expectation. It looks likely, but not sure that the Democrats will win the house, and it looks likely, but not a sure thing that the balance in the Senate will stay about the same. Nobody is making the wild predictions that you are claiming.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Here is my question.

That is the lame right wing talking point that we've been seeing since the election itself, that anyone who criticizes, attacks, or even questions Trump or any of his actions is only doing such because they won't accept the election and are attempting to overturn the results.

Usually it is accompanied with a implied patriotic themed accusation that those people are looking to negate the will of the people, overthrow the President properly elected by the American voter. It is pure orchestrated bullshit perpetuated by the right wing demogogues

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Russia has interfered in our elections since forever

Hillary lost. You still aren’t over it.

You could have just said no. Thanks for participating
    Only your kind would act like its no big deal, you ass wipe.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Stop trying to set the expectation. It looks likely, but not sure that the Democrats will win the house, and it looks likely, but not a sure thing that the balance in the Senate will stay about the same. Nobody is making the wild predictions that you are claiming.
    Have you not been reading the threads started here in the past few days by your fellow libs?

They are guaranteeing a dem takeover

But the question remains. Will you accept the outcome of the election or make excuses?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    one track dumbfuck mind.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Then what is all this news about this massive BLUE WAVE, you dishonest dumbass? Good lord you look dumber than Evince anymore.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That is the lame right wing talking point that we've been seeing since the election itself, that anyone who criticizes, attacks, or even questions Trump or any of his actions is only doing such because they won't accept the election and are attempting to overturn the results.

Usually it is accompanied with a implied patriotic themed accusation that those people are looking to negate the will of the people, overthrow the President properly elected by the American voter. It is pure orchestrated bullshit perpetuated by the right wing demogogues
    That wasn't the question you ignoramus. Good lord, give it a rest; we all know you're an idiot. You don't have to prove it every damn day.