Thread: The Great Commission-Matthew 28:16B-20

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

Default The Great Commission-Matthew 28:16B-20

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

There are some who think faith needs to be completely private, that it needs no public exposure. However, the above passage proclaims that to do so would be in violation of a Christian's primary mission. And that is to share his/her faith in both word and works. And this means we cannot just isolate ourselves among other believers. That kind of thinking led to the moral decline in this country.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Post:

leaningright (09-10-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I really need my last Sunday sermon posted on this thread. I will have to get off this iPad and on the computer to see if I can figure out how to do it. It fits this thread topic so well. I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

There are some who think faith needs to be completely private, that it needs no public exposure. However, the above passage proclaims that to do so would be in violation of a Christian's primary mission. And that is to share his/her faith in both word and works. And this means we cannot just isolate ourselves among other believers. That kind of thinking led to the moral decline in this country.
    The kind of thinking that led to the decline of the country is the same as that which led you to vote for Trump, or place a lie in your signature. In either event, truth was not a primary concern.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-10-2018)