Thread: Democrats understand science, Republicans defy it

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hvilleherb View Post
    Domer is one of those partisan idiots who would love to the the Trump economy damaged by job killing pollution controls.
    He seems to depend on the use of insults, rather than making any kind of counterargument.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Truth Detector (09-11-2018)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,003 Times in 8,030 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, it’s about time.
    It's not like you're going to miss anything interesting or worthwhile out if him.

Same stupid, childish shit over and over.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

domer76 (09-10-2018), Rune (09-12-2018)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Coal is dying, stupid fuck. Get used to it.
    Coal is actually doing reasonably well in the market. It's a long way from dying!
    You want Mexico-like water? You want Beijing-like air? You want melamine in your pet food?
    Mexico's water problems are not caused by pollution, but by poor maintenance of their water distribution and sewage processing systems. Coal actually can burn quite clean. We do so here in the United States. Soot is the result of inefficient burns. We don't do that in the United States.
    Pull your head out if your ass, dumbfuck.
    Baaaa. Four legs good...two legs baaaad....
    Industry will put PCBs in your lakes and streams, nitrates into your groundwater, and poison your air, drinking water
    Actually they generally don't. Poisoning your customers is bad for business.
    and even your pet food for the sake of profit.
    My dog and cat are healthy and happy. They eat that pet food.
    The only thing standing between you and those cocksuckers is the government setting standards and monitoring them.
    WRONG. Every city, every town, every State, began with people going into the wilderness and hacking out a living. They had no government at all. Government came later to do something about things like thieves, murderers, and other riffraff. The lack of a government did not kill their horses, their dogs, the cattle, or even themselves. They built a marvelous society out of NOTHING.

Capitalism is the only system that creates wealth. Republics (such as the federated republic that the United States is organized as) are the only form of government compatible with capitalism. Oligarchies and dictatorships, such as what you are suggesting, can only exist by stealing wealth.

It has long been known that the Church of Ecology and the Church of Global Warming stem from the Church of Karl Marx. Yes...I know what you are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

7. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,675 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I think it’s losing money, so double check before you invest
    Ha!

Rats! I trust your judgement on money better than mine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-11-2018), ThatOwlWoman (09-10-2018)

9. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope, stupid fuck. I never said that.

Try again.
    So you DO agree with him then??? Make up your mind!

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    But on Earth it has nothing to do with our distance from the sun.
    Yes it does.
    We revolve around the sun in an elliptical orbit rather than a perfect circle.
    True. We are actually moving more toward a circular orbit at this point.
    It is during January that we are the closest to the sun and during July that we are the farthest away.
    True.
    The temperature on Earth is determined by the tilt of the axis.
    The tilt of the Earth's axis does not change the temperature of the Earth.
    When the axis tilts the northern hemisphere towards the sun and southern hemisphere away from the sun, it is summer in the northern hemisphere and winter in the southern hemisphere.
    When the axis points the northern hemisphere away from the sun and the southern hemisphere towards it, it is winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern hemisphere.
    That's why in Australia it's freezing cold in July and blazing hot on Christmas.
    The temperature of the Earth does not change. You are simply describing seasons. You are describing hemispheric temperatures, not the temperature of the Earth.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

12. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    My kids want to go for the laughs.
    FYI: many non mainstream Christians understand there was a universe before Genesis and life on Earth. I am not gonna slam the 5000 year belief system believers (little ones). It is part of the apostasy and they are believing what they are taught. Jesus is eternal. Eternity past, current and eternity future. Don't be dragged down.
    Last edited by iewitness; 09-10-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,375 Times in 53,261 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Those that believe in the 'global warming' can't even define the phrase other than by itself. It's just a buzzword...meaninigless.

You have assumed that all registered voters are believers in the religion of 'global warming'. This is actually bigotry. It is a compositional error fallacy involving people as the class. Registered voters are made up of people that belong to this religion, and also those that don't.
    Believers in the Church of Global Warming deny science and mathematics.
    You're cute! Can I bat you around as a play toy? Thanks!

I'm a liberal. So was my dad, who was also a scientist. (As are two of my five kids). I'm also a retired health care professional who took university-level science and math classes to get her degree. My husband has a masters and spent his career in IT as a software engineer/systems architect. So yeah, I know math n science. I understand how science works, how to make observations over time, how to collect data, how to formulate a hypothesis, how to then use that data to formulate a theory. Oh, and yeah -- I know what a theory is as well. I'm just one of millions of other Americans, and even more millions of global citizens, who understand science and mathematics... and what "peer review" means. Unfortunately for you most educated ppl tend to skew to the left -- because we are educated and not prone to superstitious beliefs like Fox Knows Best. I'm afraid you're just a rabid raccoon barking up a dead tree, in a dying forest, where no one can hear you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Rune (09-12-2018)

15. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,375 Times in 53,261 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

My kids want to go for the laughs.
    Me too! Can we rent a party bus? lol

16. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,910 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you DO agree with him then??? Make up your mind!
    What the fuck are you asking, dumbfuck?

You want to discuss environment, pally boy? Let’s get to it.

Where do you want to start?

17. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (09-11-2018)

18. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    FYI: many non mainstream Christians understand there was a universe before Genesis and life on Earth. I am not gonna slam the 5000 year belief system believers (little ones). It is part of the apostasy and they are believing what they are taught. Jesus is eternal. Eternity past, current and eternity future. Don't be dragged down.
    Most mainstream Christians that I know believe the Earth is a bit older than 6K years...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (09-11-2018)

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

Most mainstream Christians that I know believe the Earth is a bit older than 6K years...
    good. please be careful not to offend The Lord's "little ones which believe on Him". I am afraid to laugh at simple believers which may not understand the pre genesis creation and believe upon Him. they are innocent. that is; that museum may be run by innocent, simple, guarded , special little ones.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

21. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

good. please be careful not to offend The Lord's "little ones which believe on Him". I am afraid to laugh at simple believers which may not understand the pre genesis creation and believe upon Him. they are innocent. that is; that museum may be run by innocent, simple, guarded , special little ones.
    Simple is as simple does. It would still make me laugh, much like a Flat Earth Museum would make me laugh. Though I am a Buddhist, even a Buddhist can find things funny.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

22. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Simple is as simple does. It would still make me laugh, much like a Flat Earth Museum would make me laugh. Though I am a Buddhist, even a Buddhist can find things funny.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

23. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,910 Times in 4,226 Posts
    Blog Entries

He seems to depend on the use of insults, rather than making any kind of counterargument.
    Counterargue massive willful ignorance? Not possible. Only possible to point it out.

Make a reasonable point, pally boy. THEN, we can argue about it.

Comprende?