Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why does Trump stomp on his own team's talking points?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    I expect not. I think that, like Obama before her, she'd have felt constrained not to do so. If she'd fired him for his abuse of his office in 2016, the Republicans would have treated it as prima facie evidence of obstruction of justice, and using their majority in the House and Senate they'd have impeached her right off the bat for it. Republican presidents can get away with that kind of thing, but a Democrat needs to be careful.
    I don't think so. Hillary still blames Comey for losing the election. You seem to be over-thinking it. l

What Happened: The long list of who Hillary Clinton blames
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41244474

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Bigdog (08-18-2018)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I 'destroy' careers of Republicans who say bad things about me

Source: MSN/The Hill

President Trump bragged about his prowess in defeating the Republicans who oppose him, saying at an Ohio rally that he "destroys" the careers of GOP politicians who dare defy him.

"How do you get 100 percent of anything? We always have somebody who says 'I don't like Trump, I don't like our president, he destroyed my career,' " Trump said.

"I only destroy their career because they said bad things about me and you fight back and they go down the tubes and that's OK," he added.

Trump didn't name names, but he's on a winning streak in GOP primaries, as candidates he's backed have repeatedly defeated those he sided against.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...IzF?li=BBnb7Kz

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-17-2018), kudzu (08-18-2018), Oneuli (08-17-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    I don't think so. Hillary still blames Comey for losing the election. You seem to be over-thinking it. l

What Happened: The long list of who Hillary Clinton blames
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41244474
    She was up by 8 when Comey did it., her belief is reasonable. When Comey gave the speech I thought" there goes the presidency".

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Oneuli (08-17-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

I expect not. I think that, like Obama before her, she'd have felt constrained not to do so. If she'd fired him for his abuse of his office in 2016, the Republicans would have treated it as prima facie evidence of obstruction of justice, and using their majority in the House and Senate they'd have impeached her right off the bat for it. Republican presidents can get away with that kind of thing, but a Democrat needs to be careful.
    true dat

and you nut-bags better be careful too.

I don't think you realize the pain any obvious liberal nut-bag would have brought on them should by some freak chance Trump be impeached.
    no idea who you're dealing with out here in the real world.

Assuming you are out with your anti trump rhetoric, it's entirely possible no one knows , you just troll forums I suppose
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    She was up by 8 when Comey did it., her belief is reasonable. When Comey gave the speech I thought" there goes the presidency".
    I'm not saying that her position on Comey is unreasonable. On the contrary. Comey deserved to be fired, no matter who did it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Oneuli (08-17-2018)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

I don't think so. Hillary still blames Comey for losing the election
    Yes, all reasonable people are agreed that but for Comey's actions, Clinton would likely have won the election. But does that mean she would have willingly handed the Republicans the excuse to impeach her for obstruction of justice by firing Comey right off the bat? I don't think so. I think she would have tolerated the guy's antics, the same way Obama did for so long, unless he did something so obvious and egregious that she was certain even the Republicans would feel vulnerable holding it against her for firing him.

As for Clinton's insightful analysis of what happened in the election, I think she does a good job identifying many of the reasons she lost... including ample time blaming herself. My only problem with it is she goes overboard in that direction. As a woman, I'm keenly aware of the tendency for female professionals to over-apologize. There's even professional training to help women identify this self-flagellating (and self-defeating) tendency, in order to fight against it. It's been widely commented on:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/23/o...thing-but.html

Clinton certainly fell into that trap after the election, when she became the only presidential candidate in history to apologize for losing. Few candidates have ever fought as hard as she did and endured as much. She worked herself so hard she literally collapsed at one point. And for months she went toe to toe with Trump (including kicking his ass in the debates), even as he whipped up crazed crowds in chants of "lock her up." And yet despite all she did and endured, she felt the need to apologize to her supporters, and then to spend a big chunk of her book beating the crap out of herself for all the moves she could identify as errors with 20-20 hindsight. You just don't see that with defeated male politicians, who pat themselves on the back for fighting the good fight and move on. With Clinton being such a well-respected woman and such a feminist icon, I wish she could have avoided that trap of being overly apologetic, since it would have made her a good role model.

11. The Following User Groans At Oneuli For This Awful Post:

Granule (08-19-2018)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-17-2018), Frank Apisa (08-17-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    true dat

and you nut-bags better be careful too.

I don't think you realize the pain any obvious liberal nut-bag would have brought on them should by some freak chance Trump be impeached.
    no idea who you're dealing with out here in the real world.

Assuming you are out with your anti trump rhetoric, it's entirely possible no one knows , you just troll forums I suppose
    Given the emotional fragility of most right wingers, it's wise to be careful with one's privacy in forums like this. Since few of them can hold their own with words, a handful would just love the opportunity to exact revenge for their humiliation physically.

14. The Following User Groans At Oneuli For This Awful Post:

Granule (08-19-2018)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

Gotcha68 (08-19-2018), kudzu (08-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

16. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, all reasonable people are agreed that but for Comey's actions, Clinton would likely have won the election. But does that mean she would have willingly handed the Republicans the excuse to impeach her for obstruction of justice by firing Comey right off the bat? I don't think so. I think she would have tolerated the guy's antics, the same way Obama did for so long, unless he did something so obvious and egregious that she was certain even the Republicans would feel vulnerable holding it against her for firing him.

As for Clinton's insightful analysis of what happened in the election, I think she does a good job identifying many of the reasons she lost... including ample time blaming herself. My only problem with it is she goes overboard in that direction. As a woman, I'm keenly aware of the tendency for female professionals to over-apologize. There's even professional training to help women identify this self-flagellating (and self-defeating) tendency, in order to fight against it. It's been widely commented on:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/23/o...thing-but.html

Clinton certainly fell into that trap after the election, when she became the only presidential candidate in history to apologize for losing. Few candidates have ever fought as hard as she did and endured as much. She worked herself so hard she literally collapsed at one point. And for months she went toe to toe with Trump (including kicking his ass in the debates), even as he whipped up crazed crowds in chants of "lock her up." And yet despite all she did and endured, she felt the need to apologize to her supporters, and then to spend a big chunk of her book beating the crap out of herself for all the moves she could identify as errors with 20-20 hindsight. You just don't see that with defeated male politicians, who pat themselves on the back for fighting the good fight and move on. With Clinton being such a well-respected woman and such a feminist icon, I wish she could have avoided that trap of being overly apologetic, since it would have made her a good role model.
    I don't believe that Hillary worked herself to the point of collapse. I believe that she is ill to the point that she keeps collapsing and having seizures. But then, I'm not stereotyping females either.

17. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Al Franken today on Facebook

It wasn’t that long ago that nearly every Trump tweet included a NO COLLUSION! But those have become few and far between since Giuliani came up with “collusion isn’t a crime.” The thing is, collusion IS a crime, if you collude with somebody to break a law. That’s called “conspiracy.” You can’t get out of a crime by finding a synonym. “I am not guilty of murdering the victim. I merely killed her! And there’s no such thing as first degree killing!!!” If that were the case, all any criminal defense lawyer would need is a thesaurus. “My client didn’t steal the iPhone. He pilfered it. I demand that he be released forthwith!” This is the kind of insult to everyone’s intelligence that Trump specializes in.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Phantasmal (08-19-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

19. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't believe that Hillary worked herself to the point of collapse. I believe that she is ill to the point that she keeps collapsing and having seizures. But then, I'm not stereotyping females either.
    I remember when the Fox News-programmed conservatives were convinced she was suffering from some chronic life-threatening condition, a week before the debates, while more reasonable people thought she had the flu. Then, a week later, she showed up at the debates, fit as a fiddle, and kicked Trump's butt repeatedly. By the end of the debates he looked like death worn over, slumped against his podium, sniffing like a coke fiend, falling into a confused stupor, while she looked indefatigable. It was fun watching reality force-fed to the right-wing twits that way. But, unfortunately, they have convenient amnesia about all that, and have returned to playing the greatest hits about Clinton's health.

20. The Following User Groans At Oneuli For This Awful Post:

Granule (08-19-2018)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-17-2018), kudzu (08-18-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-17-2018)

22. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I remember when the Fox News-programmed conservatives were convinced she was suffering from some chronic life-threatening condition, a week before the debates, while more reasonable people thought she had the flu. Then, a week later, she showed up at the debates, fit as a fiddle, and kicked Trump's butt repeatedly. By the end of the debates he looked like death worn over, slumped against his podium, sniffing like a coke fiend, falling into a confused stupor, while she looked indefatigable. It was fun watching reality force-fed to the right-wing twits that way. But, unfortunately, they have convenient amnesia about all that, and have returned to playing the greatest hits about Clinton's health.
    I neither know nor care what Fox, CNN, MSNBC or any of the other 24 hr news cycle pushers report. It is clear that Hillary is ill. What do you think is her reason for dressing like an oven mitt?

23. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Certainly his constant misbehavior dominates the airwaves, displacing policy discussions (which obviously wouldn't benefit him), and denying Democrats air time. So, I suppose that could be it. It worked spectacularly during the primary, where he absolutely destroyed all his "deep bench" Republican competitors, by becoming the only thing anyone was talking about. And it worked, albeit very narrowly, during the general election, where he won a big enough minority of votes that, with the help of the Electoral College, he squeaked into the White House. Is he being that calculating? I guess in November we get to see if that strategy can work longer term.
    And, believe it or not, main stream america doesn't care about these scandals as much as pundits do. I have yet to hear someone in the real world say the word "manafort".

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (08-17-2018)

25. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    And, believe it or not, main stream america doesn't care about these scandals as much as pundits do. I have yet to hear someone in the real world say the word "manafort".
    Correct, and we would not know it from political forums, but in a recent Gallup Poll, Russia did not even make the list of issues which concern Americans.

It is a meaningless aside, but it just occurred to me that in real life, I have never seen a person wearing a MAGA hat.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Irish Exit (08-17-2018)

27. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Anyway, the way you frame it sounds downright sociopathic -- like a little boy who pees in the middle of the room just to defy those who are trying to toilet train him.
    I suspect that like many ppl at the top, he is a sociopath.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Oneuli (08-19-2018)

29. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    You gotta be fuckin' kidding!