Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 185

Thread: The Democratic wave is growing, just how big will it be?

  1. #166 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    91,778
    Thanks
    5,755
    Thanked 25,977 Times in 20,719 Posts
    Groans
    2,190
    Groaned 2,190 Times in 2,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    the cracka christer base of the white peoples party are dying off
    by November?......

  2. #167 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    29,123
    Thanks
    3,908
    Thanked 6,778 Times in 5,116 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,719 Times in 1,599 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Once again all you can do is name call and make projections. Hell of a guy you are
    Hey asshole,

    I've apologized to you directly when I've overstepped or presumed something.

    You've never once apologized or held yourself to account for the shady and duplicitous way you conduct every argument you make on these boards.

    That's why I think you're a piece of shit garbage person, and why I'm better than you.

  3. #168 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    53,718
    Thanks
    14,614
    Thanked 18,138 Times in 12,486 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 1,129 Times in 1,075 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    no way. trump is way different than bush or romney. or mccain. in those cases people were voting for them in spite of the democrats. people are voting FOR trump. trump is a whole other beast.
    Romney was different in that he had a very strong opponent. Trump though is comparable to Bush in that both were unpopular but still won the electoral college.

    Predictions about Trump getting re-elected are premature. If the Dems choose a senior policy maker cause its there turn, say for example Joe Biden, Trump will stand an excellent chance of getting re-elected by stint of Dems nominating some even less popular. Sound familiar?

    Now if a former Democratic Governor that has a solid message and campaign organization that is from outside DC could do well Trump could be in trouble.

    Point being thereís no use making projections about Trump until we have an idea who Dems are running. Iím not optimistic as I donít see a current Dem front runner that I think can beat Trump.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  4. #169 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,670
    Thanks
    3,417
    Thanked 16,933 Times in 11,740 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 614 Times in 581 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Hey asshole,

    I've apologized to you directly when I've overstepped or presumed something.

    You've never once apologized or held yourself to account for the shady and duplicitous way you conduct every argument you make on these boards.

    That's why I think you're a piece of shit garbage person, and why I'm better than you.
    Duplicitous argument? You've lost your shit here because I said polling showing Clinton winning the EC was wrong as if that's some controversial statement. Yet you react like someone attacked your family.

  5. #170 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    29,676
    Thanks
    9,452
    Thanked 17,407 Times in 12,006 Posts
    Groans
    214
    Groaned 1,326 Times in 1,253 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Romney was different in that he had a very strong opponent. Trump though is comparable to Bush in that both were unpopular but still won the electoral college.

    Predictions about Trump getting re-elected are premature. If the Dems choose a senior policy maker cause its there turn, say for example Joe Biden, Trump will stand an excellent chance of getting re-elected by stint of Dems nominating some even less popular. Sound familiar?

    Now if a former Democratic Governor that has a solid message and campaign organization that is from outside DC could do well Trump could be in trouble.

    Point being there’s no use making projections about Trump until we have an idea who Dems are running. I’m not optimistic as I don’t see a current Dem front runner that I think can beat Trump.
    what do you think of Kamala Harris? (Senator D.CA)

  6. #171 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28,144
    Thanks
    9,521
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 11,822 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 418 Times in 403 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So you're jumping around from non-sequitur to non-sequitur and it's pretty obvious why.

    This debate started out with someone saying that the Democrats have a large polling lead on the generic ballot, and that lead could spell a blue tsunami. Conservatives, rattled by those polls, decided to indict and gaslight polling by saying polls can't be trusted because Clinton polled ahead of Trump, yet lost the election because of the EC. What the EC has to do with a popular vote poll is a mystery to me, but it would seem like you want people to think that Trump won the electoral college and the popular vote, because that way you don't have to accept the conclusions of the polling that shows a Democratic advantage in the midterms.

    I see right through you.
    Look Dunce. Your faux intelligence on any matter is not making you look smarter to anyone other than yourself. Everyone sees right through you...

  7. #172 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    23,170
    Thanks
    184
    Thanked 10,513 Times in 7,254 Posts
    Groans
    3,444
    Groaned 2,392 Times in 2,216 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Look Dunce. Your faux intelligence on any matter is not making you look smarter to anyone other than yourself. Everyone sees right through you...
    Mid terms do not use electoral college.

  8. #173 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    internet
    Posts
    38,803
    Thanks
    7,011
    Thanked 16,989 Times in 10,197 Posts
    Groans
    1,024
    Groaned 1,480 Times in 1,327 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Romney was different in that he had a very strong opponent. Trump though is comparable to Bush in that both were unpopular but still won the electoral college.

    Predictions about Trump getting re-elected are premature. If the Dems choose a senior policy maker cause its there turn, say for example Joe Biden, Trump will stand an excellent chance of getting re-elected by stint of Dems nominating some even less popular. Sound familiar?

    Now if a former Democratic Governor that has a solid message and campaign organization that is from outside DC could do well Trump could be in trouble.

    Point being there’s no use making projections about Trump until we have an idea who Dems are running. I’m not optimistic as I don’t see a current Dem front runner that I think can beat Trump.
    i disagree with you on biden. I think biden mops the floor with trump. biden would play very well in the midwest, and I think democrats are desperate enough at this point to get rid of trump that the more extreme elements in their party will vote for him all day just to preserve their sanity. Democrats are putting a middle of the roader centrist type up in 2020, book it. if they put up someone like warren or california liberal they will have issues.
    Biography:

    Grind is one of the internets most beloved and influential political thinkers and deep-level theorists in the modern era. He rose to prominence in early 2015 when he alleged, contrary to the dominant theory of christiefanism of the time, that Bill Clintons wife was indeed running for president and wasn't considering settling down to be a grandmother. In 2016, Grind was one of the key figures in proposing the new revolutionary theory of "30% is not a rare occurrence" which shook up the JPP political landscape like no other theory ever had before. His academic prowess, deep-level analysis and remarkable insight into human nature and psychology will undoubtedly result in further complexities being untangled and laid bare. He currently resides in boston, his hobbies include #rekking libs, vaping, and patriotism. You can find him in a thread near you.

    Testimonials about my patented system:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grindís got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

  9. #174 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    53,718
    Thanks
    14,614
    Thanked 18,138 Times in 12,486 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 1,129 Times in 1,075 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    what do you think of Kamala Harris? (Senator D.CA)
    I think conventional wisdom is that she would attempt to rebuild the Obama coalition. Meaning she'd lose. Just like those Democrats who tried to rebuild Bill Clinton's coalition lost. A combination of identity politics and progressive activism can probably win the Democratic nomination but would probably lose in the general.

    Grind is basically right in his premise that what's set Trump apart is he's actually giving his supporters something to vote for. Everyone else just doesn't want you to vote against them. I've seen some of that coming out of the progressive wing of the party but progressives aren't exactly well known for winning elections.

    What Democrats really need to do is provide an consistent and focused message on middle class/working class economic issues and what they will do to fight for working peoples economic well being. The idea of an "anti-Trump" candidate is a sure loser. As Bill Clinton famously said...and why this is beyond the grasp of so many Democrats is beyond me...is "It's the economy stupid."
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  10. #175 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28,144
    Thanks
    9,521
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 11,822 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 418 Times in 403 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Mid terms do not use electoral college.
    No shit. Not even sure why you made that dumb fuck statement.

  11. #176 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    53,718
    Thanks
    14,614
    Thanked 18,138 Times in 12,486 Posts
    Groans
    290
    Groaned 1,129 Times in 1,075 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irthriuth View Post
    i disagree with you on biden. I think biden mops the floor with trump. biden would play very well in the midwest, and I think democrats are desperate enough at this point to get rid of trump that the more extreme elements in their party will vote for him all day just to preserve their sanity. Democrats are putting a middle of the roader centrist type up in 2020, book it. if they put up someone like warren or california liberal they will have issues.
    I think Biden could give Trump a good fight. I was using Biden as an example of what usually happens when a party nominates a candidate based on that's what the party bosses want. It rarely works out well.

    I personally don't hold Trump in very high esteem but for what ever fucking reason no one, left or right, wants to take on his economic message. Democrats seem to be ignoring it as a bunch of white rednecks who don't know where their best interests lie and the Republicans are scared shitless of Trump populist economic message which runs counter to traditional Republican laissiez-faire pro-business capitalism but seem to have the smarmy attitude that the'll just co-opt him. Both have proven wrong and Trump has proven far more wiley and capable than most people would give him credit for.

    Don't get me wrong I still believe he's a cynical opportunist who could give a shit less about good governance but he's damned sure proven he's smarter than the Democratic and Republican establishment.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

  12. #177 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28,144
    Thanks
    9,521
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 11,822 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 418 Times in 403 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I think Biden could give Trump a good fight. I was using Biden as an example of what usually happens when a party nominates a candidate based on that's what the party bosses want. It rarely works out well.

    I personally don't hold Trump in very high esteem but for what ever fucking reason no one, left or right, wants to take on his economic message. Democrats seem to be ignoring it as a bunch of white rednecks who don't know where their best interests lie and the Republicans are scared shitless of Trump populist economic message which runs counter to traditional Republican laissiez-faire pro-business capitalism but seem to have the smarmy attitude that the'll just co-opt him. Both have proven wrong and Trump has proven far more wiley and capable than most people would give him credit for.

    Don't get me wrong I still believe he's a cynical opportunist who could give a shit less about good governance but he's damned sure proven he's smarter than the Democratic and Republican establishment.
    Mott, if you do not want to run for office at least become a political columnist or something. Direct and to the point with you. No bullshit. Refreshing.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (08-17-2018)

  14. #178 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,670
    Thanks
    3,417
    Thanked 16,933 Times in 11,740 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 614 Times in 581 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    So every single political choice you've made in your adult life has been wrong.

    Bravo.
    What are the correct political choices?

  15. #179 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28,144
    Thanks
    9,521
    Thanked 17,135 Times in 11,822 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 418 Times in 403 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    What are the correct political choices?
    Whatever the 10 second sound byte media source he happens to be listening to that day tells him.

  16. #180 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    91,778
    Thanks
    5,755
    Thanked 25,977 Times in 20,719 Posts
    Groans
    2,190
    Groaned 2,190 Times in 2,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Mott, if you do not want to run for office at least become a political columnist or something. Direct and to the point with you. No bullshit. Refreshing.
    he has a handicap.....there are no newspaper's in Ohio......

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (08-17-2018)

Similar Threads

  1. Midterms: Blue wave, or Red wave?
    By Evmetro in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 07-09-2020, 10:28 PM
  2. The Red Wave is Growing
    By hvilleherb in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-15-2018, 11:34 AM
  3. Heat wave
    By wanderingbear in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 08:35 AM
  4. A Developing Wave
    By Cancel7 in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 06:12 AM
  5. John Edwards and the democratic Wing of the Democratic Party
    By Cypress in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 09:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •