Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Astroturfers - plenty of them here

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I know. The thread was priceless. It started out with him saying that he was a rich person who lived in a gated community. Then that changed to he was a rich person who had a home way up in the woods in Blue Ridge, GA. When I reminded him that Blue Ridge is basically poor white trash and vacation rental homes, he insisted his part of Blue Ridge was affluent and that it was his second home...which was weird, because he said he lived in a gated community yet the photo of the "house" showed it was in the middle of nowhere, with no neighbors to be seen. That's when he started pretending that he had two homes, one ostensibly in a wealthy area (outside of Atlanta, there aren't many in the South) and the other a house in Blue Ridge. He thought that posting random photos of what could have been any house, or a house he worked on that he pretended was his, would somehow "prove" his wild claims about himself. But it didn't. I could literally snap a photo of the house across the street from me and say it was my house too. But I don't do that, because I don't need to make shit up about myself in order to have a credible argument.
    Exactly. I think I even said to him that he could very well just be some guy who refinishes or repairs/replaces doors for a living. Or any one of a thousand other different possibilities. His pathetic little pictures prove absolutely zip.

And you're also right about not needing to make up shit like that.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    You don't influence them by winning them over. You do it by pretending to the be the opposite of what what you really are, being so abrasive they hate you and everything about you, and then align with the side they want you to align with but make you think they don't want you on. A great example of that appears to be guno the radical black from stormfront.
    Or you

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesh View Post
    Or you
    I am a great example of everything. It is the curse of perfection. Feel blessed you will never have to be burdened with such troubles.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Pay special attention to the segment about the "expert" surgeon who testified several times with a weirdly changing story that takes on plenty of different incarnations. I notice that same type of behavior among Conservatives on boards like JPP. People who make wild claims about themselves, but then hide behind the anonymity the internet provides them as they make blatantly false statements, usually anecdotal, about their personal circumstances. Then those circumstances weirdly start changing and shifting in order to fit the narrative instead of the other way around.

What it means is that Conservatives lend their garbage arguments credibility by making shit up about themselves, hoping no one will ask to verify it. Then when they do, the liar just says "well, I don't have to tell the truth because I'm not under oath".

It's not just conservatives. You see this type of propaganda for all sorts of different kinds of politics. Any uninformed person who doesn't know to independently verify information is sway to this form of propaganda.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Sailor (08-16-2018)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Pay special attention to the segment about the "expert" surgeon who testified several times with a weirdly changing story that takes on plenty of different incarnations. I notice that same type of behavior among Conservatives on boards like JPP. People who make wild claims about themselves, but then hide behind the anonymity the internet provides them as they make blatantly false statements, usually anecdotal, about their personal circumstances. Then those circumstances weirdly start changing and shifting in order to fit the narrative instead of the other way around.

What it means is that Conservatives lend their garbage arguments credibility by making shit up about themselves, hoping no one will ask to verify it. Then when they do, the liar just says "well, I don't have to tell the truth because I'm not under oath".

"JUST DO IT....." HE DID. I suppose all brits are smart because they talk like they have a mouth full of shit. In comparison, SJWs are smart because they have been "indoctrinated" by propagandized personal opinion instead of instructed in the objective realities of life? That's why a SOCIAL PROF averages 15 more a year than do those who dedicate their lives to the constants of fundamental education such as Math, Science, and the articulative skills of the earth's languages.

This is an example of what the world needs more of...….the subjective study of the human condition..i.e., psychology of the mind, applied to the social engineering of history actual. Yep...the world needs more SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS. AKA....SNOWFLAKES demanding an elite status because they are instructed in the art of KNOWING MORE than others (according to their own self professed skills).

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post

"JUST DO IT....." HE DID. I suppose all brits are smart because they talk like they have a mouth full of shit. In comparison, SJWs are smart because they have been "indoctrinated" by propagandized personal opinion instead of instructed in the objective realities of life? That's why a SOCIAL PROF averages 15 more a year than do those who dedicate their lives to the constants of fundamental education such as Math, Science, and the articulative skills of the earth's languages.

This is an example of what the world needs more of...….the subjective study of the human condition..i.e., psychology of the mind, applied to the social engineering of history actual. Yep...the world needs more SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS. AKA....SNOWFLAKES demanding an elite status because they are instructed in the art of KNOWING MORE than others (according to their own self professed skills).
    You hit the nail in the head. I've debated many of the liberal Democrats on this board. There are plenty of examples on this board of people making shit up.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

OK...That was worth watching all the way to the end just for the "Paid for by the people for better orange juice."
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    It's not just conservatives. You see this type of propaganda for all sorts of different kinds of politics. Any uninformed person who doesn't know to independently verify information is sway to this form of propaganda.
    My point is that when someone on an anonymous internet message board starts talking about their personal wealth or success, to be immediately suspicious of it because they know there's no way to verify if it's true, and they also know they face no penalties or punishments for lying, even if they're caught.

These people live on a lack of accountability; it's how most of them make their shitty arguments. When faced with data showing, for instance, real wages for most Americans declined, the Conservatives will say "well, I'm more successful and my income is higher" while offering no proof of those claims. Then when asked for proof, they bristle and troll and flame. It's a pretty recognizable pattern if you see it enough, and since this isn't my first rodeo on anonymous message boards, the tell-tale signs are pretty clear and my bullshit detector is finely tuned to it.

It's why I absolutely avoid invoking personal circumstances as the basis of my argument. I know there's no way to prove a claim made about myself here that I'd be comfortable with, so I just refrain from the practice altogether. When someone's argument ultimately comes down to a personal anecdote, which so many Conservative arguments do, I'm reminded of Julie Boonstra, Ashley Todd, and Sam Wurzelbacher...all three were Conservative poseurs who thought they could lie about themselves and be treated as victims. Their arguments and basis of their victim claims were imagined personal anecdotes...in the case of Boonstra, it was her anecdotally saying her insurance costs increased because of Obamacare (they didn't; they went down instead). In the case of Todd, it was her anecdotally claiming a black man saw her bumper sticker, attacked her, and carved a B into her face (backwards, no less). In the case of Wurzelbacher, he pretended to be a guy named "Joe" who was "a plumber" and "owned a small business" and used all that fake personal history to try and entrap Obama into a quote that can be used as a cudgel out of context. The moral of the story is that Conservatives will stoop to no low to score a cheap political point, even if that low requires them to lie their asses off about themselves.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    This right here. It would solve many a current problem in the U.S. today.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

What it means is that Conservatives lend their garbage arguments credibility by making shit up about themselves, hoping no one will ask to verify it. Then when they do, the liar just says "well, I don't have to tell the truth because I'm not under oath"
    I dont' see people like yourself, rune, mott, zappa, evince, nomad, or domer posting personal information to back up what they claim..........so what does this all really mean?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I dont' see people like yourself, rune, mott, zappa, evince, nomad, or domer posting personal information to back up what they claim..........so what does this all really mean?
    I don't use personal anecdotes as the basis of any of my arguments.

In fact, I take pains to avoid invoking personal anecdotes because it wouldn't fair to many of you if I didn't. I don't think an anonymous internet message board is the place to talk about personal anecdotes in the context of a debate and am immediately suspicious of anyone who does.

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

I don't use personal anecdotes as the basis of any of my arguments.

In fact, I take pains to avoid invoking personal anecdotes because it wouldn't fair to many of you if I didn't. I don't think an anonymous internet message board is the place to talk about personal anecdotes in the context of a debate and am immediately suspicious of anyone who does.
    then you pretty much eliminate about 75% of the debate, since most political situations are dealt with from a personal point of view.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    then you pretty much eliminate about 75% of the debate, since most political situations are dealt with from a personal point of view.
    No they're not.

Most political debates can be settled with verifiable data from sources.

Rather than provide that verifiable data, you swap in unverifiable personal anecdotes.

So not only are you a lying sack of crap when you do that, but also lazy as fuck since you can't be expected to do the work of finding verifiable data to support your argument.

You're just copping out by leaning on anecdotes...and you won't even verify those anecdotes for fear of being doxxed.

So seriously...fuck that shit, and fuck your message board character's backstory and imaginary circumstances. Fuck your imagination. Fuck your ego. Fuck your narcissism. Fuck all of it in its dirty, stinking asshole.