Thread: So the rash of shadow banning?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default So the rash of shadow banning?

It seems like there has been a rash of shadow banning taking place since 2016 and it has accelerated over the last few weeks. As I always like to point out, there are no coincidences in politics.

Despite the lefts whining about "russian collusion" and "the Comey letter" all cheating Hillary Clinton out of her rightful place in the White House the left really knows why they lost in 2016. It was because Donald Trump changed the game with social media. He dominated social media with his tweets and Facebook posts.

Up until 2016 the left just assumed they owned social media so they really didn't pay much attention to it. But, then the unthinkable happened. They were beaten with their own weapons. During the age of Obama the left bragged about how they owned social media.

Well, the left plays for keeps and they will not allow a repeat of 2016 so they are effectively shutting down communication for the right on these social media platforms. There are those that argue that it is unfair and suppression of speech and tyranny. All of those are true. It isn't fair. It is suppression of speech and it is a form of tyranny. But, so what? The right can't cry about it. Find other mediums on the internet to get your message out. Ditch those platforms and encourage other conservatives to do so as well. I have never participated in them so I am not missing anything.

Trust me the left would try to shadow ban President Trump if they thought they could get away with it, but they know that is a bridge too far.

Find a way to fight back. Don't cower to the totalitarian left

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

The left is actively de-platforming conservatives worldwide, aren't they?

Nobody seems to know what Obama and the heads of the Silicon Valley firms discussed after Trump was elected, do they?

Then there's the fact that almost all the heads of the tech firms are Obamanist.

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...he-white-house

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The left is actively de-platforming conservatives worldwide, aren't they?

Nobody seems to know what Obama and the heads of the Silicon Valley firms discussed after Trump was elected, do they?

Then there's the fact that almost all the heads of the tech firms are Obamanist.

https://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...he-white-house
    I know people are concerned about this and I get it, but I don’t see this as being different than when the networks and a few newspapers controlled the flow of information.

Even in states that completely clamp down on information it manages to find a way out

People need to remember that they have more control over Facebook and Twitter than those platforms have over them

I don’t use either and I get information

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I know people are concerned about this and I get it, but I don’t see this as being different than when the networks and a few newspapers controlled the flow of information.

Even in states that completely clamp down on information it manages to find a way out

People need to remember that they have more control over Facebook and Twitter than those platforms have over them

I don’t use either and I get information
    Google, YouTube, Facebook & Twitter algorithms have been designed to filter out positive conservative-leaning information and anything deemed detrimental to liberalism.

Wikipedia is notorious for left-wing bias.

Online "fact-checking" sites distort information to deny conservatives legitimacy.

If liberals can figure out a way to force conservatives off the internet by denying them ISP access, they will.

Broadcast/cable TV are old, dying media. The Internet has been taken over by liberal thought leaders intent on suppressing "wrong-think."

Every single Silicon Valley CEO is a liberal. Almost all their engineers and employees are too.

What do you suppose Obama's "Net Neutrality" rule was all about? Why do you suppose liberals screamed about rolling it back?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Hmmmm