Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 300+ pedophile priests; 1000 + victims

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You'll get no argument from me that white men are treated much better than black men, in the courtroom and out. Constand's allegations dated to 2004. She's 44 and the statute covers adult up to age 50 to file criminal charges.
    Do you think Cosby should have been charged like he was?

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Do you think Cosby should have been charged like he was?
    I would have to google the whole thing to find out why he was, I didn't follow it very closely.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

I would have to google the whole thing to find out why he was, I didn't follow it very closely.
    I am happy he is going to jail, it is long overdue.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The cliff note version is you had a very successful and powerful black man who was ground breaking and broke many barriers and created one of the best TV shows/families ever taken down by the accusations from a number of white women.

5. The Following User Groans At cawacko For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (08-16-2018)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The cliff note version is you had a very successful and powerful black man who was ground breaking and broke many barriers and created one of the best TV shows/families ever taken down by the accusations from a number of white women.
    Rana, that's a fact. Even if he is guilty it doesn't change what I wrote above. The Cosby Show presented the black family to America as it had never been shown before.

As far as Cosby's personal behavior I can't speak to if he did what he's accused of or not but this country has a long history of white women falsely accusing black men of sexual assault.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're illiterate. Your article is over two years old. Try and keep up, I know it's tough.

The Rozzi amendment was opposed by insurance companies, not the original bill.

Then there was a [Diamond] postponement amendment that was defeated 186-11, not passed. Two amendments, not the bill.

In April 2016, the bill passed the House. Two months later, Kane withdrew her support for it and sided with the Senate’s view that retroactive lawsuits were illegal. The Senate then stripped out the retroactive civil lawsuit part and sent the bill back to the House, which didn’t act.

In February 2017, Scarnati led a renewed Senate push to pass a tough child sex abuse bill. His bill would abolish the criminal prosecution time limits on future child sex abuse cases. It also would remove civil lawsuit time limits, not retroactively but for future victims or victims who are not yet 30. Under the bill, they could sue abusers and anyone who may have covered up the abuse.

The bill passed the Senate 48-0 on Feb. 1, 2017. Since then, it has sat in the House, where Turzai and other Republicans have deferred to Rozzi’s wishes to amend the Senate bill to allow retroactive lawsuits.

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-nws-pennsylvania-priest-child-sex-abuse-grand-jury-lawsuits-20180627-story.html
    Bumped for RB 60.

― Charles Dickens

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

This just makes me sick. Finally those poor children are vindicated. The guilty priests can burn in hell, along with those who covered up for them. I hope the church loses thousands of members because of this.
    You don't believe in hell, do you?

You also haven't attended church in decades, have you?

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

This country has a long history of white women falsely accusing black men of sexual assault.
    And some got lynched for it, by DEMOCRAT mobs, as I recall.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you joking? He admitted to doing what he was accused of.

A: Andrea came to the house. I called her. ... We talked about Temple University. We talked about her position. And then I went upstairs and I got three pills. I brought them down. They are the equivalent of one and a half. The reason why I gave them and offered them to Andrea, which she took after examining them, was because she was talking about stress.
    ___
    Cosby describes a several-minute sexual encounter that followed.

Q:
    So, you're not telling us that you verbally asked her for permission?

A:
    I didn't say it verbally, I said. The action is my hand on her midriff, which is skin. I'm not lifting any clothing up. This is, I don't remember fully what it is, but it's there and I can feel. I got her skin and it's just above the hand and it's just above where you can go under the pants.

Q:
    Then what happens?

A:
    I don't hear her say anything. And I don't feel her say anything. And so I continue and I go into the area that is somewhere between permission and rejection. I am not stopped.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

― Charles Dickens

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I usually don't speak about religion, and try to respect everyone's beliefs.

But religion is wrong.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Rana, that's a fact. Even if he is guilty it doesn't change what I wrote above. The Cosby Show presented the black family to America as it had never been shown before.

As far as Cosby's personal behavior I can't speak to if he did what he's accused of or not but this country has a long history of white women falsely accusing black men of sexual assault.
    I can't believe what you're writing. It sounds like even if Cosby was guilty he should get a pass because "The Cosby Show presented the black family to America as it had never been shown before."

Do you really mean this?

― Charles Dickens

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I can't believe what you're writing. It sounds like even if Cosby was guilty he should get a pass because "The Cosby Show presented the black family to America as it had never been shown before."

Do you really mean this?
    If guilty I'm not suggesting he should get off because he created the Cosby Show, just pointing out the history.

I saw multiple conversations on Facebook among black friends arguing essentially the same thing I wrote. That the white women were trying to bring down a powerful and famous black man and ruin his legacy. And you guys agreed with TTQ64 that we have a racist justice system.

Power makes people do a lot of things and not all of them are good. Cosby could have gotten laid by multiple women if he so desired. If he did this it's because it was a power trip for him. But with a racist justice system and country why should we take these these women's words?

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

If guilty I'm not suggesting he should get off because he created the Cosby Show, just pointing out the history.

I saw multiple conversations on Facebook among black friends arguing essentially the same thing I wrote. That the white women were trying to bring down a powerful and famous black man and ruin his legacy. And you guys agreed with TTQ64 that we have a racist justice system.

Power makes people do a lot of things and not all of them are good. Cosby could have gotten laid by multiple women if he so desired. If he did this it's because it was a power trip for him. But with a racist justice system and country why should we take these these women's words?
    There is a critical mass at some point - at least for me.

This isn't Duke lacrosse. There are literally dozens of women, over decades. At some point, too many people are lying for one guy to be telling the truth.

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Cawacko has a strange issue with hero worship. He also thinks OJ is innocent.
    Oh man, you had to go to OJ...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Minister of Truth (08-16-2018)