Thread: Can Omarosa even read?. Graduate of two HBCUs

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yes I read the story I posted.
    I'm unclear then on why you posted it. As you should be able to see, it does not counter the point I made (that men, not women, are more likely to be the beneficiary of affirmative action in college admissions). You seem to be trying to gloss over that by focusing instead on a discussion of affirmative action for white women in the workplace -- a subject that is, obviously, a complete non sequitur in response to a discussion of a black woman's academic accomplishments, which, as you recall, is what was being discussed.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    I'm unclear then on why you posted it. As you should be able to see, it does not counter the point I made (that men, not women, are more likely to be the beneficiary of affirmative action in college admissions). You seem to be trying to gloss over that by focusing instead on a discussion of affirmative action for white women in the workplace -- a subject that is, obviously, a complete non sequitur in response to a discussion of a black woman's academic accomplishments, which, as you recall, is what was being discussed.
    White women in the workplace? Not sure where that's coming from. We were taking about college admissions and for decades white women were the largest recipient. Now Universities want to reverse that? I said the focus should be on the economics of a student more than their gender. We don't need AA for gender.

Edit: I posted it because you asked for proof that white women were the biggest beneficiary of AA

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We were taking about college admissions and for decades white women were the largest recipient.
    What makes you think that, specifically?

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What makes you think that, specifically?
    Because it's a fact?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because it's a fact?
    What makes you think it's a fact? Could you be specific, please, about that data that led you to that conclusion? Since the link you provided doesn't support it, I'm wondering what led you to the conclusion. Thanks.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What makes you think it's a fact? Could you be specific, please, about that data that led you to that conclusion? Since the link you provided doesn't support it, I'm wondering what led you to the conclusion. Thanks.
    I'm not stating this as opinion. There's plenty of research out there if you want to look.

https://www.bustle.com/p/who-does-af...pponents-74034

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You said "proven false" jerkoff.

Now you are saying "like 99% certain"...WHICH IS THE SAME AS SAYING IT IS NOT PROVEN FALSE.

Get your head out of your ass...and build up the ethical wherewithal to acknowledge you fucked up.
    Hey stupid. You can't prove anything 100%. THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 7,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Hey stupid. You can't prove anything 100%. THINK
    Then stop asserting 100% success.

YOU, asshole, wrote: "proven false."

You were wrong.

Just grow the spine to acknowledge it.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not stating this as opinion. There's plenty of research out there if you want to look.
    I do want to look. But what I need you to link to isn't something claiming white women have been beneficiaries of affirmative action. I'm not disputing that. I'm specifically asking about when it was that women, supposedly, were beneficiaries of affirmative action in college admissions. Do you have that information?

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do want to look. But what I need you to link to isn't something claiming white women have been beneficiaries of affirmative action. I'm not disputing that. I'm specifically asking about when it was that women, supposedly, were beneficiaries of affirmative action in college admissions. Do you have that information?
    Are you serious?. No one knows or has any way of knowing when colleges started giving special admissions treatment to women. Undoubtedly it varied with the college.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Are you serious?. No one knows or has any way of knowing when colleges started giving special admissions treatment to women. Undoubtedly it varied with the college.
    Certainly there's a strong incentive for sexists to suggest that a great deal of preferential treatment was given to women in college admissions. It's a way for poorly educated men to dismiss the existence of well educated women. But the question is what support is there for that notion. As I've pointed out, there's cause to believe that some colleges give preferential admission to women in an effort to create more of a gender balance -- specifically, technical schools and others that have a disproportionately male student body. But, in the same sense, there's a tendency for other colleges to give preferential admission to men for the same reasons -- those with a disproportionately female student body. For quite some time, including in the era when Ms. Manigault went to school, there have been far more women than men in college, so men have been the greater beneficiaries of affirmative action. It's important to keep that in mind before implicitly trying to denigrate a woman's academic achievements on the basis of the assumption she got preferential admission in college. Chances are, the exact opposite is the case: that she had to compile a significantly more impressive application than a man would to achieve admission to a given university. By all means if you want to put a mental asterisk beside the name of a male graduate of a university with a disproportionate female student body, feel free to do so, since chances are he benefited from affirmative action. But check your assumptions when you try to do that in reverse.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

She can operate a phone to record talks.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Piers Morgan is accusing her of offering him sex to win a different competition: The Celebrity Apprentice.

“I’ve met a lot of vile human beings in my life, from dictators and terrorists to sex abusers and wicked conmen,” Morgan wrote. “But I’ve never met anyone quite so relentlessly loathsome as Omarosa; a vicious, duplicitous, lying, conniving, backstabbing piece of work.”

“Omarosa sidled up to me at the New York Mercantile Exchange and said, quite seriously: ‘Piers, do you want a showmance?’ ‘A what?’ I replied. ‘A showmance. You know, a romance on the show — we get it on together. Happens all the time on Apprentice. Everyone has sex together. Then we can make lots of money out of it,’” Morgan wrote. “I stared at her grasping, ferociously ambitious little eyes, and laughed: ‘You must be joking, you deluded woman.’ She didn’t take it well. ‘What are you? Gay?’”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ty-apprentice/
    She has 2 degrees, it is easy to say she can read.

If true, easy to see why trump wanted her in his cabinet.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 08-19-2018 at 04:34 PM.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    She has 2 degrees, it is easy to say she can read.
    HAHAHA. Not really. Her BA was in broadcast journalism!!