Members banned from this thread: SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, Mitchthomas20172017, coolzone, rhym3pays and LV426

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round-Up Causes Cancer. Man Awarded $289 Million For Final Years Of Life Shortened By

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,492 Times in 7,583 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Don't know what those are.
    Horsetail Plant
    Aggressively-Spreading Weed, Water-Garden Accent
    https://www.thespruce.com/horsetail-...g-weed-4125786
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What I learned about running bamboo is that it is a member of the grass family and like grass, it spreads via a system of underground runners or rhizomes. Also, a clump or stand of bamboo stalks no matter how big or containing how many individual stalks, is all one plant.

Apparently, the best way to get rid of it, or at least the way I did it, is to cut down each stalk as close to the ground as you can get, then immediately pour Roundup down inside the hollow stump.

Lot of work when you take into account not only the initial work involved in cutting it down, but then you have to strip the stalks and, at an average length of 10' to 16' each, cut them into shorter lengths that can be put in trash cans or bundes on the curb to be picked up.

Took me about six months to finally get rid of the large stand that ran from end to end of my back fence.
    Even looks like miniature bamboo.
    img_3981.jpg

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Thanks for this thread. Reminds me I need to buy some. Once bermuda grass gets into a garden, it takes a ton to get it out.
    I hope you're not eating anything out of there.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    You got a link to that? I find that hard to believe. I once made the mistake of using small squirts of roundup in my garden, targeting only the weeds. It fucked up my whole strawberry patch for at least a yr. Of course I have nothing engineered to resist roundup.
    It is well-reported that they have round-up resistant plants. They are in the process of changing things up because weeds are starting to adapt, so they are shifting formulas.

That is not where the real danger of roundup in your food supply lies though. It is the growers who finish off with roundup to kill the plants they are about to harvest so the wheat, for example, will be dry all at once and ready to be harvested all at once.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-18-2018)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    It is well-reported that they have round-up resistant plants. They are in the process of changing things up because weeds are starting to adapt, so they are shifting formulas.

That is not where the real danger of roundup in your food supply lies though. It is the growers who finish off with roundup to kill the plants they are about to harvest so the wheat, for example, will be dry all at once and ready to be harvested all at once.
    And then they use cartoon characters to market the product to kids.

Fiendish.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.