Thread: Jordan Peterson: The fatal flaw in leftist American politics

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 24 Posts

Default Jordan Peterson: The fatal flaw in leftist American politics

Here is some food for thought:

Identity Politics of the Left has no limit point.

Government Forced Equality of Outcome will lead to Leftie excesses that will destroy the Nation.

He makes a huge number of very effective arguments about why Identity politics will be the downfall of the political Left.

He points out that the Right has learned to limit their own extremists, but the Lefties have not. The example is Will Buckley and his rejection of the Neo-Nazis.

Is this what is driving the #justwalkaway movement?

His advocacy is for "Depolarization"... but with the extremes of TDS, hasn't the Left gone too far to ever be trusted by anyone, even their own, ever again?

He brings up another fatal flaw in Identity Politics, Which Identities are Valid and specially protected?

Doesn't this eventually result in the Lefties eating their own, even if they defeat the Right?

Anyway... I found the video well worth the view, and even review.

-
    Hope and Prayer are integrally linked, never underestimate or undervalue, the power of either! - Kurmugeon
    I do NOT trust people who do not Love Dogs! - Kurmugeon

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

He calls himself a Classic British Liberal.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    He calls himself a Classic British Liberal.
    He is Canadian by Nationality I believe... but to be honest, until earlier this evening, when I chanced across a Youtube video, I'd never heard him speak before.

I don't care much about his "Credentials" or political camp, I care that he makes very clear, and convincing points about the pitfalls of Identity Politics.

Here is another video, which comes from the Munk Debates, in which he makes it extremely clear, that the believes that the right too uses Identity Politics, but that the Right political camp, has figured out a way to limit and "Box" the extremists who go too far with their zeal for their Identity group(s).

On the other hand, the Left appears incapable of limiting their extremists in any way.

Even though I generally detest the LGBT campus PC crowd, based on their judgementalism, vindictiveness, and hostility, I found I really liked Stephen Fry and the arguments he made in the above video, and finding myself agreeing with a Gay-Activist, was somewhat surprised.

I am straight, but I am also a Libertarian who doesn't judge, and thinks the world is more than big enough to lots of varieties of people and persuations. I just don't like the vitriol that has been spewing from the Left, particularly the LGBT left, for decades now.

But the comments, attitude and demeanor of Stephen Fry I found likeable and admirable... I was shocked.

-
    Hope and Prayer are integrally linked, never underestimate or undervalue, the power of either! - Kurmugeon

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurmugeon View Post
    He is Canadian by Nationality I believe... but to be honest, until earlier this evening, when I chanced across a Youtube video, I'd never heard him speak before.

I don't care much about his "Credentials" or political camp, I care that he makes very clear, and convincing points about the pitfalls of Identity Politics.

Here is another video, which comes from the Munk Debates, in which he makes it extremely clear, that the believes that the right too uses Identity Politics, but that the Right political camp, has figured out a way to limit and "Box" the extremists who go too far with their zeal for their Identity group(s).

On the other hand, the Left appears incapable of limiting their extremists in any way.

Even though I generally detest the LGBT campus PC crowd, based on their judgementalism, vindictiveness, and hostility, I found I really liked Stephen Fry and the arguments he made in the above video, and finding myself agreeing with a Gay-Activist, was somewhat surprised.

I am straight, but I am also a Libertarian who doesn't judge, and thinks the world is more than big enough to lots of varieties of people and persuations. I just don't like the vitriol that has been spewing from the Left, particularly the LGBT left, for decades now.

But the comments, attitude and demeanor of Stephen Fry I found likeable and admirable... I was shocked.

-
    He's a phony with his own toxic brand of identity politics.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    He's a phony with his own toxic brand of identity politics.
    Perhaps, but he's intelligent and well spoken. He is civil and listens. He is willing to consider the points of others in a debate.

That's a huge difference from most of the SJWs I've met: