Thread: Oil is really GREEN

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Default Oil is really GREEN

https://pjmedia.com/trending/dnc-rev...uel-companies/

Two months ago, the Democratic National Committee passed a resolution instructing candidates to reject campaign contributions from fossil fuel PACs. The resolution was quite high-minded. It said, in part, "Fossil fuel corporations are drowning our democracy in a tidal wave of dark oily money; they have deceived the public about the impacts of climate change, fought the growth of clean renewable energy, and corrupted our political system."

But all of a sudden the democrat party has had a change of heart

DNC Chairman Tom Perez sponsored Friday’s resolution that allows the committee to accept contributions from “workers, including those in energy and related industries, who organize and donate to Democratic candidates individually or through their unions’ or employers’ political action committees.”

Perez, who served as Labor Secretary in the Obama administration, said the new measure was a commitment to organized labor. The resolution also says that the party wants “to support fossil fuel workers in an evolving energy economy.”

So I guess fossil fuel money is OK now. All of you Warmers out there better be protesting and lambasting any democrat who takes fossil fuel money. Will you rise up?

Thread bans eliminated because this fucking hypocrisy is too juicy

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post

Two months ago, the Democratic National Committee passed a resolution instructing candidates to reject campaign contributions from fossil fuel PACs. The resolution was quite high-minded. It said, in part, "Fossil fuel corporations are drowning our democracy in a tidal wave of dark oily money; they have deceived the public about the impacts of climate change, fought the growth of clean renewable energy, and corrupted our political system."

DNC Chairman Tom Perez sponsored Friday’s resolution that allows the committee to accept contributions from “workers, including those in energy and related industries, who organize and donate to Democratic candidates individually or through their unions’ or employers’ political action committees.”

Perez, who served as Labor Secretary in the Obama administration, said the new measure was a commitment to organized labor. The resolution also says that the party wants “to support fossil fuel workers in an evolving energy economy.”

So I guess fossil fuel money is OK now. All of you Warmers out there better be protesting and lambasting any democrat who takes fossil fuel money. Will you rise up?

This seems real stupid to me.. Oil companies have paid tens of millions to American universities for emission reduction research for more than 2 decades.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    This seems real stupid to me.. Oil companies have paid tens of millions to American universities for emission reduction research for more than 2 decades.
    So you are OK with the democrat party backtracking on their commitment to not take PAC money from oil companies?

I am ok with it if you are. I just know how strongly you guys feel about GLOBAL WARMING and Mother Erf. It would seem that taking money from an oil company flies in the face of those beliefs. Of course if you take the muslime approach that the ends justifies the means then maybe it doesn't matter so much to you right?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you are OK with the democrat party backtracking on their commitment to not take PAC money from oil companies?

I am ok with it if you are. I just know how strongly you guys feel about GLOBAL WARMING and Mother Erf. It would seem that taking money from an oil company flies in the face of those beliefs. Of course if you take the muslime approach that the ends justifies the means then maybe it doesn't matter so much to you right?
    I think I would check other sources.. You're posting from PJMedia.

Who told you that the the end justifies the means is the "Muslim approach"? That sure is lame.. Did you intend it as some kind of defense?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think I would check other sources.. You're posting from PJMedia.

Who told you that the the end justifies the means is the "Muslim approach"? That sure is lame.. Did you intend it as some kind of defense?
    I guess you could have checked sources yourself. You know because the source is what makes something true right lefty?

This is what lefties said when they banned the PAC money. Climate change was an existential threat to humanity

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...fuel-companies

But now..........................
    Is this source OK?

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...fuel-donations

How about this?

https://thinkprogress.org/tom-perez-...-e0675b050ec0/

Or this?

https://www.rt.com/usa/435742-dnc-fo...uel-donations/

So the question is do you believe that climate change is an existential threat to humanity? If you do, how do you square your party taking dirty oil money? Do you hate the planet?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I guess you could have checked sources yourself. You know because the source is what makes something true right lefty?

This is what lefties said when they banned the PAC money. Climate change was an existential threat to humanity

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...fuel-companies

But now..........................
    Is this source OK?

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...fuel-donations

How about this?

https://thinkprogress.org/tom-perez-...-e0675b050ec0/

Or this?

https://www.rt.com/usa/435742-dnc-fo...uel-donations/

So the question is do you believe that climate change is an existential threat to humanity? If you do, how do you square your party taking dirty oil money? Do you hate the planet?
    3 lame sources. Are you Russian?

7. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (08-12-2018)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Jade Dragon (08-12-2018)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

lol
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

They must have suddenly realized that the green energy revolution is largely funded by big oil. Regardless, I cannot think of a DNC philosophy that isn't hinged to money and or power since its platform is always incongruent.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey retard, if the DNC changes for the better, go fuck yourself.

I have been calling for the DNC to reach out to it's pre-Hillary base.
    Glad the message is getting out.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

3 lame sources. Are you Russian?
    Are you related to Desh?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,032 Times in 6,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow politicians taking money. If I had to take a stand against that, I'd literally think all politicians essentially are money crooked, and suck. Oh wait, I already do. The real values are often preached, and only partially practiced among politicians. I don't expect the best of politicians, some things you just learn to expect. It's pointless as they are all this way. You want to avoid it, don't vote, or be involved with politics.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ruh roh!

ILLITERATE DUMBFUCK CLUB

countryboy
    Tinfoil
    ptif219
    volsrock
    Dark Soul
    Virtue Signaller
    Darth Omar
    Eagle Eye
    Granule
    Legion
    God Bless America
    Teflon Don
    CFM
    I Love America
    Right
    Coolbreeze
    NOVA
    Guille
    USFREEDOM911
    Sailor
    Robo
    Getin the ring
    Gazzaqueen
    Evmetro
    Alice in Liberaland
    God Emperor
    Callinectes
    Wolverine
    J Craft
    Toxic Titties
    Talcum X
    Imperator
    RB60
    Boris the Animal
    Fauxcahontas
    tsuke
    OldMercsRule
    BigDog
    Bull&Terrier
    Yoda
    Ooda
    Felonia von Pantsuit

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ruh roh!
    ILLITERATE DUMBFUCK CLUB

countryboy
    Tinfoil
    ptif219
    volsrock
    Dark Soul
    Virtue Signaller
    Darth Omar
    Eagle Eye
    Granule
    Legion
    God Bless America
    Teflon Don
    CFM
    I Love America
    Right
    Coolbreeze
    NOVA
    Guille
    USFREEDOM911
    Sailor
    Robo
    Getin the ring
    Gazzaqueen
    Evmetro
    Alice in Liberaland
    God Emperor
    Callinectes
    Wolverine
    J Craft
    Toxic Titties
    Talcum X
    Imperator
    RB60
    Boris the Animal
    Fauxcahontas
    tsuke
    OldMercsRule
    BigDog
    Bull&Terrier
    Yoda
    Ooda
    Felonia von Pantsuit

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why am I not surprised about the hypocrisy of the left?

Guess they really don’t care about global warming

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why am I not surprised about the hypocrisy of the left?

Guess they really don’t care about global warming
    “Guess”