Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: What are Trump's redeeming qualities?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Sigh....

In order to spend, there needs to be an Appropriations Bill. He does not have a $1.3T blank check.
    Strange thing......Obama never used an Appropriations Bill to send an Omnibus bill. Why? Because congress could not stop him from spending the funds in the spending bill.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-13-2018)

3. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Moron doesn't know what Omnibus means. You could look it up before you erupt like a dumbass; but that would be too easy.

An omnibus bill is a proposed law that covers a number of diverse or unrelated topics. Omnibus is derived from Latin and means "for everything". An omnibus bill is a single document that is accepted in a single vote by a legislature but packages together several measures into one or combines diverse subjects.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibus_bill
    This is true....."IF" Mr. Trump really wanted to fund the wall....all he would have to do is declare the southern border a matter of national security and spend the APPROPRIATED FUNDS earmarked for the military. Obama cost the US taxpayer Billions upon billions with EOs that spend the tax payers dimes....from everything to funding fake aids programs overseas, to nation building in the middle east, to selling arms to terrorist, to giving the Brothers in the Hood personal cell phones. There is no Constitutional demand for a LINE ITEM required accounting for any omnibus spending appropriation. Why? Because its not a congressional budget, its a single bill that might have certain earmarked requirements.....but there are many loopholes as Obama pointed out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-13-2018)

5. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Strange thing......Obama never used an Appropriations Bill to send an Omnibus bill. Why? Because congress could not stop him from spending the funds in the spending bill.
    OMFG.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    This is true....."IF" Mr. Trump really wanted to fund the wall....all he would have to do is declare the southern border a matter of national security and spend the APPROPRIATED FUNDS earmarked for the military. Obama cost the US taxpayer Billions upon billions with EOs that spend the tax payers dimes....from everything to funding fake aids programs overseas, to nation building in the middle east, to selling arms to terrorist, to giving the Brothers in the Hood personal cell phones. There is no Constitutional demand for a LINE ITEM required accounting for any omnibus spending appropriation. Why? Because its not a congressional budget, its a single bill that might have certain earmarked requirements.....but there are many loopholes as Obama pointed out.
    Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall.
    Oh, yeah...there is that!

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    How was it fake? Did someone FORCE them to attend?
    No, Trump and his partners conned them into it. But he stayed on the right side of the law, so that's okay, eh?

It shows what he thinks of common folks - and "caring" doesn't come into it.

Jeez, talking to some of you people is like trying to explain to a cannibal why eating people is wrong.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    No, Trump and his partners conned them into it. But he stayed on the right side of the law, so that's okay, eh?
    So you're bitching about something that wans't illegal. WTF is your problem snowflake?

It shows what he thinks of common folks - and "caring" doesn't come into it.
    Helping people get educated is not caring? Whodda thunkit!!!??? STFU, seriously.

Jeez, talking to some of you people is like trying to explain to a cannibal why eating people is wrong.
    Jeez, talking to some of you people is like trying to explain to a small child why they shouldn't shit in their pants.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I didn't know he was a criminal and I still have serious doubts you will ever come up with evidence he is.......until you do I will vote for him again in 2020.....meanwhile the front runner of the demmycrats, Elizabeth Warren, has now declared that the American justice system is racist.....
    He defrauded the people who paid for real estate training at trump University. Now spin this so it isn't fraud. I know you can do it.

"Trump University was also the subject of two class action lawsuits in federal court. The lawsuits centered around allegations that Trump University defrauded its students by using misleading marketing practices and engaging in aggressive sales tactics. The company and the lawsuits against it received renewed interest due to Trump's candidacy in the 2016 presidential election. Despite repeatedly insisting that he would not settle, Trump settled all three lawsuits in November 2016 for a total of $25 million after being elected to the presidency."[4]

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    He defrauded the people who paid for real estate training at trump University. Now spin this so it isn't fraud. I know you can do it.
    ]
    you're looking for crimes, Chrispy.......I'm sure you can find one if you try harder......

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Truth Deflector just explained that. Trump was helping to educate people.

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you're looking for crimes, Chrispy.......I'm sure you can find one if you try harder......
    You must not really be a lawyer.

"Fraud is a crime that many people equate with theft, but there is a distinction. There is also a distinction between criminal fraud and civil fraud. The basic difference between theft and fraud is that theft generally involves taking something through force or by stealth, where fraud revolves around a purposeful misrepresentation of fact, and the basic difference between criminal fraud and civil fraud lies in who is pursuing legal action in the case. A single act of fraud can be prosecuted as a criminal fraud by prosecutors, and also as a civil action by the party that was the victim of the misrepresentation."

https://bochettoandlentz.com/crimina...ts-difference/

― Charles Dickens

14. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Truth Deflector just explained that. Trump was helping to educate people.
    Ohhh, my bad. If Truth Deflector explained it, it must be true.

― Charles Dickens

15. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You must not really be a lawyer.

"Fraud is a crime that many people equate with theft, but there is a distinction. There is also a distinction between criminal fraud and civil fraud. The basic difference between theft and fraud is that theft generally involves taking something through force or by stealth, where fraud revolves around a purposeful misrepresentation of fact, and the basic difference between criminal fraud and civil fraud lies in who is pursuing legal action in the case. A single act of fraud can be prosecuted as a criminal fraud by prosecutors, and also as a civil action by the party that was the victim of the misrepresentation."

https://bochettoandlentz.com/crimina...ts-difference/
    lol....so did Trump use force or stealth?.......you just proved me right.......I love it when lib'ruls do do that.........

16. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

lol....so did Trump use force or stealth?.......you just proved me right.......I love it when lib'ruls do do that.........
    Obviously it was stealth. He promised something he had no intention of delivering.

Whether criminal or civil, fraud generally has several legal elements, including the following:

• Misrepresentation of a material fact
    • Knowledge on the part of the accused that they were misrepresenting the fact
    • The misrepresentation was made purposefully, with the intent of fooling the victim
    • The victim believed the misrepresentation and relied upon it
    • The victim suffered damages as a result of the misrepresentation

― Charles Dickens

17. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obviously it was stealth. He promised something he had no intention of delivering.

Whether criminal or civil, fraud generally has several legal elements, including the following:

• Misrepresentation of a material fact
    • Knowledge on the part of the accused that they were misrepresenting the fact
    • The misrepresentation was made purposefully, with the intent of fooling the victim
    • The victim believed the misrepresentation and relied upon it
    • The victim suffered damages as a result of the misrepresentation
    the difference is, no prosecuting attorney filed any charges against Trump........it was a civil case.......thanks for playing.....