Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What are Trump's redeeming qualities?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yet it is redeeming in the context of an election and an office. It is also the only reason that he received many of his votes. Hillary was more than flawed, in the opinion of many who voted against her she was dangerous, some even believe her to be a criminal.
    Some of the assholes of the right considered Hillary to be a criminal...and a liar...

...AND THEN VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP WHO SHOWS MANY MORE SIGNS OF BEING A CRIMINAL AND A LIAR.

The American right is a JOKE.

The American right controls the White House, the Senate, the House, the Governorships of over 2/3rd of the states, and the state legislatures of over 2/3rds of the states...and all they are showing is incompetence at governance.

Now they want control of the Supreme Court...as though that will help them get their shit together.

Anyway...as I said...THE AMERICAN RIGHT IS A JOKE.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Some of the assholes of the right considered Hillary to be a criminal...and a liar...

...AND THEN VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP WHO SHOWS MANY MORE SIGNS OF BEING A CRIMINAL AND A LIAR.

The American right controls the White House, the Senate, the House, the Governorships of over 2/3rd of the states, and the state legislatures of over 2/3rds of the states...and all they are showing is incompetence at governance.

Now they want control of the Supreme Court...as though that will help them get their shit together.

America is SOL!

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Mazon View Post
    America is SOL!
    True. We badly need to replace both the GOP and the Democrats with parties that can put the country ahead of party.
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (08-12-2018)

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no "more" signs, just wishes and fishes moments with the left. Some people were suing him, which is not criminal. (If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets). The reality is, her policy sucked, she spent an inordinate amount of time ignoring states that Trump didn't, and she had the problems I listed. People voted against her, not necessarily "for" Trump. And his policy is still better than Hillary's. The lack of reality, and the vote because of "feels" idiocy that the left argues nowadays is beyond irresponsible and falls into imbecilic.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (08-13-2018)

7. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 114 Posts

I think it quite humorous that the damned are going to waste the final reprieve for this land; the last relatively free and prosperous days in this land in a delusional bubble of dystopia. I recommend that the damned try to enjoy these last good days. Sorry. Not gonna happen. The damned will not be content until they establish terminal dystopia in this land, like the good old glorious days of their beloved lord barack.
    Even so, Come, Lord Jesus
    I do not participate in delusion count me out

8. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iewitness View Post
    I think it quite humorous that the damned are going to waste the final reprieve for this land
    Repent! For the End is nigh!

A second term for that pos would do it.

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    There is no "more" signs, just wishes and fishes moments with the left. Some people were suing him, which is not criminal. (If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets). The reality is, her policy sucked, she spent an inordinate amount of time ignoring states that Trump didn't, and she had the problems I listed.
    I acknowledge it turned out that Hillary was not a good candidate.

People voted against her, not necessarily "for" Trump.
    My guess is more people voted against her...than "for" Donald Trump.

And his policy is still better than Hillary's.
    His "policies" barely qualify as policies...and if the world lasts for another 10 billion years, there will NEVER BE A DAY in which any of them are or were better than the actual policies espoused by Hillary Clinton.

The lack of reality, and the vote because of "feels" idiocy that the left argues nowadays is beyond irresponsible and falls into imbecilic.
    The people who voted for Donald Trump did so for reasons I consider reasonable...albeit, wrongheaded...

...BUT ANYONE WHO STILL SUPPORTS THE ABOMINATION, DONALD TRUMP, AS PRESIDENT OF OUR NATION...

...IS A TRAITOR TO AMERICA...AND TO HUMANITY IN GENERAL.

How you, a person who can compose a reasonable paragraph discussing this issue, can still offer support to this reprehensible, disgusting human being is beyond comprehension.

YOU, Damocles, should be so ashamed of yourself that you should not lift your head in public for the rest of your life.

This is not hyperbole on my part anymore. Donald Trump IS an abomination...someone who deserves the scorn and contempt of any and every freedom loving, intelligent person alive.

You people who continue your support of him disgust me...and should disgust anyone with a functioning brain and a sense of right and wrong.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-13-2018), ThatOwlWoman (08-13-2018)

11. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good morning, Frank...hope you had a nice weekend.
    Supporting the United States certainly doesn't make one a "traitor"...again, you're letter hate cloud what you're posting ("you should not lift your head in public for he rest of your life?)
    Take a chill pill...it's going to be OK...
    my friends in Jersey are literally floating away.. hope your rain hasn't been that bad...

12. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Good morning, Frank...hope you had a nice weekend.
    Supporting the United States certainly doesn't make one a "traitor"...again, you're letter hate cloud what you're posting ("you should not lift your head in public for he rest of your life?)
    Take a chill pill...it's going to be OK...
    my friends in Jersey are literally floating away.. hope your rain hasn't been that bad...
    Lecturing *again*? lol BTW what is a "letter hate cloud"?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-13-2018)

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey Frank...Tiger made quite the comeback yesterday, didn't he? Masters winner next year? What say you? Koepka was Amazing!!!

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

My guess is more people voted against her...than "for" Donald Trump.

There clearly IS a base for an infallible leader on the lines of Trump, many of them people with a deeply warped conception of American values. Where will those people go when Trump is no longer with us? That's the danger - Trump may be the start, not the finish.

I believe there will be someone out there much smarter and savvier than Trump, weighing all this up and thinking "If that dumbass can do it, I can do better."

“He saw that in America the struggle was befogged by the fact that the worst Fascists were they who disowned the word ‘Fascism’ and preached enslavement to Capitalism under the style of Constitutional and Traditional American Liberty.”
    - Sinclair Lewis, 'It Can't Happen Here' (1935)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Frank Apisa (08-13-2018)

17. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    No, seriously, he must have some. What are they?

Now's your chance, Trump fans.
    success?.....I got a tax cut and two SC justices......you got a headache........hat trick......

18. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    I’d stand up for you if a veritable lynch mob was protesting outside your doors every night because you happened to say something that was offensive.
    when you get to know domer better you will carry the rope......

19. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Yet we all knew trump is a criminal and people still voted for him.
    I didn't know he was a criminal and I still have serious doubts you will ever come up with evidence he is.......until you do I will vote for him again in 2020.....meanwhile the front runner of the demmycrats, Elizabeth Warren, has now declared that the American justice system is racist.....

20. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    You don’t feel Trump University was criminal behavior? The use of the funds from his charity?
    do you have any proof of criminal behavior?.....if you do, indict him......