Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Laura Ingraham:'America we know and love doesn't exist anymore' due to 'demographics

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    He just plays one on the boards?

Look, you can't cheerlead on the side line swallowing up all the hateraid then claim not to be racist.

It just doesn't happen that way. If your rooting for racism you are what you root for.
    The only hatred is that which is ooozing from every pore of you, you're repugnant leftist pals and the dishonest lying media. But you would need a brain to comprehend the OBVIOUS.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good on Laura for telling it as she sees it.

She, and the neo-fascist Trump alt right, are terrified of the gone with the wind 1950s forever obliterated.

One word for Laura: tough.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

blackascoal (08-09-2018), Phantasmal (08-10-2018)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    JFC. the term was about Mexico sending it's dredge over here,or no border security from Mexican rapists/murderers.
    sanctuary cities enable such as well

I do not do dog whistle politics like the PC crowd - if you want to claim Trump is a racist -have at it
    I actually don't think Trump is racist - and have not said that here, btw.

I think he has a great gift for seeing what his base voters are about, and what they want to hear- he definitely plays to the racist/xenophobic elements of his base, and has from the start. He is a classic demagogue.

And Laura just articulated that better than anyone has. If it quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sanctuary cities weren't even on anyone's radar when Trump made his comments, and what you left out was the concluding "and I assume some good people." He was playing off of the base's fear of losing what they see as some American way of life, some supposed indigenous culture that they see endangered by immigration

Nothing new, rampant during the 1920's with the arrival of non English speaking European immigrants, pure Nativism
    sanctuary cities were not that common, nor did you have a whole state protecting criminal like CA.
    There are too many people who voted for Trump for you to marginalize populism as some sort of nativism.
    63 million Americans are not racist, as your post implies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-09-2018)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post

I think he has a great gift for seeing what his base voters are about, and what they want to hear- he definitely plays to the racist/xenophobic elements of his base, and has from the start. He is a classic demagogue.

And Laura just articulated that better than anyone has. If it quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck.

That explains it.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

We know many white people weren't originally considered white when they came to America. Could that be the same with some Hispanics in the next few decades? Could (some of) today's Hispanics because considered just white in the future?

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    We know many white people weren't originally considered white when they came to America. Could that be the same with some Hispanics in the next few decades? Could (some of) today's Hispanics because considered just white in the future?
    gawd almighty.. what waste of "what if's".. what ever happened to a post racial mindset?
    ID politics are 100% worthless

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We all come from different backgrounds and experiences. For me I have no idea what Ingram is complaining about as I grew up in a very diverse City. So I never lived in some suburban/rural all white area. It's hard for me to relate to her fears

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wrong; Trump has a great gift for understanding what it is a majority of Americans want and need; good jobs, more opportunity, law and order and preventing hoards, many who are criminals, from crossing our borders illegally.

YOU, and the left, still don't get it and probably never will.

I am amused that you think you know what Laura was articulating. Based on the race hustling buffoonery I am seeing on this thread, it is obvious that no one on the left gets it. Perhaps if you dunces were uneducated rednecks living in flyover country you could comprehend better?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's fun to watch clowns post to people they know have them on ignore. It frustrates them to no end and makes the sputter and wheeze.

Nothing like the sweet, fetid stench of desperation for attention from trained monkeys who obediently do the little monkey-dances they've been taught.

Dance, monkey!! Dance!

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

gawd almighty.. what waste of "what if's".. what ever happened to a post racial mindset?
    ID politics are 100% worthless
    Take the politics out of it. From a racial perspective it's true. Grinds argument has always been Hispanics will be considered white in the future and vote republican. I don't know one way or the other or really care but based on Ingrams comments it seems worthy of discussion

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Take the politics out of it. From a racial perspective it's true. Grinds argument has always been Hispanics will be considered white in the future and vote republican. I don't know one way or the other or really care but based on Ingrams comments it seems worthy of discussion
    sorry old buddy. it's all about the politics. Nobody in the real world cares about what "color" Hispanics are or not.
    It's navel gazing at best and destructive PC laden hate at worst.

i personally refuse to play this separatism - there are too many really important factor to vote on besides ID politics

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,835 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bottom line the bitter crackas cannot stop the demographic shift and that is driving them and Ingram crazy
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

sanctuary cities were not that common, nor did you have a whole state protecting criminal like CA.
    There are too many people who voted for Trump for you to marginalize populism as some sort of nativism.
    63 million Americans are not racist, as your post implies
    I didn't characterize all those that voted for Trump are racists, many were "anybody but Hillary" voters, rather that Trump and Ingram are appealing to those in the base that confused and uncomfortable of what they see around them, they provide the easy answer, it's those people

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

there are too many really important factors to vote on besides ID politics
    Without identity politics Trump would be nowhere.

What does MAGA mean? By almost any measure, America is by far the greatest nation on earth. It never stopped being great. What does it mean to make it great again?

It's about fear of change, especially demographic change, and MAGA is supposed to make it all right. But America has been through this sort of change before, more than once, and survived.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

blackascoal (08-09-2018), Mott the Hoople (08-10-2018), Phantasmal (08-10-2018)