Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Polarizing? They're Kiddin, Right?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Default Polarizing? They're Kiddin, Right?

Democrats and especially leftist media like to blame Donald Trump for "polarizing" the nation. That's their latest complaint about this President. They ignore the fact trhat most New Yorkers are naturally polarizing by nature to begin with.

Media likes to pretend phony outrage at Trump for saying "the media is the enemy of the people." Actually Trump is simply saying that the leftist media is the enemy of the people, and he's right! The facts are while Trump is often crude and obnoxious linguestically, it's actually leftist media that's inspiring violence directed at Trump, his cabinet, his family and his supporters. Just watch CNN, MSNBC and ABC, CBS and NBC nighty news cast. 90% of their political coverage is "trash Trump" any old way they can think of. If you want to see "POLARIZING," just watch "Trump Dump TV." It's absurd and disgusting!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (08-08-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Democrats and especially leftist media like to blame Donald Trump for "polarizing" the nation. That's their latest complaint about this President. They ignore the fact trhat most New Yorkers are naturally polarizing by nature to begin with.

Media likes to pretend phony outrage at Trump for saying "the media is the enemy of the people." Actually Trump is simply saying that the leftist media is the enemy of the people, and he's right! The facts are while Trump is often crude and obnoxious linguestically, it's actually leftist media that's inspiring violence directed at Trump, his cabinet, his family and his supporters. Just watch CNN, MSNBC and ABC, CBS and NBC nighty news cast. 90% of their political coverage is "trash Trump" any old way they can think of. If you want to see "POLARIZING," just watch "Trump Dump TV." It's absurd and disgusting!
    The left is laughable, Robo.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Trump and his base are highly polarizing, but hardcore Democrats are just as polarizing. The two party system has created horse race politics, where people are more interested in rooting for their side and trashing the other side than focusing on genuine, intelligent solutions to our country's ills. If you think Trump and the Republicans are polarizing but not Democrats, or vice versa, you're complicit in the very problem you're bitching about.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TrippyHippy For This Post:

Flash (08-08-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    Trump and his base are highly polarizing, but hardcore Democrats are just as polarizing. The two party system has created horse race politics, where people are more interested in rooting for their side and trashing the other side than focusing on genuine, intelligent solutions to our country's ills. If you think Trump and the Republicans are polarizing but not Democrats, or vice versa, you're complicit in the very problem you're bitching about.
    Will you rise up? I am waiting.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

What the hell does "the fact that most New Yorkers are naturally polarizing by nature" mean?

Trump is the most polarizing political figure in American history, and the most shameful part is that it is by design. His shtick is to create a melodrama, and to do such he has to have the "bad guys," which in his case is just about anyone who critizes or even questions him. For example, you can't label all Democrats, close to forty percent of the nation, as evil and enemies, and not separate people

I can't recall any President in my lifetime, or have I ever read of any such past President, who went out of his way to personally label others as "losers," "idiots," "stupid," "uneducated," "evil," etc., and that is way beyond just being "obnoxious linguistically"

As for the media, yes, some are aggressive in checking what Trump says and does, just as others defend him endlessly, but it is their job, think of it this way, if they weren't for them who would ever expose the thousands of flat out lies and fabrications that Trump has given us? When a nation relies on its leader to dictate what we are to believe we have sunk into an autocracy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (08-07-2018)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    What the hell does "the fact that most New Yorkers are naturally polarizing by nature" mean?

Trump is the most polarizing political figure in American history, and the most shameful part is that it is by design. His shtick is to create a melodrama, and to do such he has to have the "bad guys," which in his case is just about anyone who critizes or even questions him. For example, you can't label all Democrats, close to forty percent of the nation, as evil and enemies, and not separate people

I can't recall any President in my lifetime, or have I ever read of any such past President, who went out of his way to personally label others as "losers," "idiots," "stupid," "uneducated," "evil," etc., and that is way beyond just being "obnoxious linguistically"

As for the media, yes, some are aggressive in checking what Trump says and does, just as others defend him endlessly, but it is their job, think of it this way, if they weren't for them who would ever expose the thousands of flat out lies and fabrications that Trump has given us? When a nation relies on its leader to dictate what we are to believe we have sunk into an autocracy
    While I tend to agree that Trump by his very nature is polarizing, but I disagree that the polarizing started with the left's constant attacks on Bush. Then along came Obama who helped drive the wedge deeper. No I don't think Trump is any worse than Obama when it comes to dividing the nation.

10. The Following User Groans At Eagle_Eye For This Awful Post:

Rune (08-20-2018)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Life is Golden (08-13-2018), Truth Detector (08-08-2018)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    While I tend to agree that Trump by his very nature is polarizing, but I disagree that the polarizing started with the left's constant attacks on Bush. Then along came Obama who helped drive the wedge deeper. No I don't think Trump is any worse than Obama when it comes to dividing the nation.
    If you are looking to point fingers, start with Newt and the GOP House during the Clinton era, which coincidently matches the rise of talk radio. Reagan and Bush had O'Neil to work with, then along came Newt, who's only goal was to promote Newt

Yes, the left did attack Bush, as the right attacked Obama, but neither President went out of their way to describe the sources of criticism as "evil" or "enemies" of the American people, nor did they play one group off against another for their own political gain

As I noted, Trump's shtick is purposely designed to divide Americans

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Facts have a well-known anti-Trump bias.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is the most divisive President in 150 years and his followers in almost 170 years.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

LV426 (08-07-2018), stoned (08-19-2018)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    If you are looking to point fingers, start with Newt and the GOP House during the Clinton era, which coincidently matches the rise of talk radio. Reagan and Bush had O'Neil to work with, then along came Newt, who's only goal was to promote Newt

Yes, the left did attack Bush, as the right attacked Obama, but neither President went out of their way to describe the sources of criticism as "evil" or "enemies" of the American people, nor did they play one group off against another for their own political gain

As I noted, Trump's shtick is purposely designed to divide Americans
    I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. All politicians try to make the other side look wrong. In Newts case Clinton moved to the right and stole Newts thunder. (Yes I liked Clinton). Trump is a big mouth that engages his mouth before his brain and when called on something his ego makes him double down instead of saying what he should have said in the first place. So I disagree it is on purpose but his personality does divide people. I don't like Trump the man but I think overall he is doing a fair job as president on most things.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a surprise the old Confederate hates Obama!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Fentoine Lum (08-10-2018)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milomason View Post
    What a surprise the old Confederate hates Obama!
    Where did you come up with that dick less? Panties in a wad because I think removing statues is a feel good stupid idea?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (08-10-2018), Truth Detector (08-08-2018)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where did you come up with that dick less? Panties in a wad because I think removing statues is a feel good stupid idea?
    I don't remember anyone building a statue of Benedict Arnold?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

jimmymccready (08-07-2018), Rune (08-20-2018)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milomason View Post
    I don't remember anyone building a statue of Benedict Arnold?
    Shows how little you know dick less.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Monument

And there are others try Google

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Obama wasn't polarizing?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post: