Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meth, ‘the devil’s drug,’ is back and killing more people than ever

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I'm not slogging thru a bunch of DEA propaganda. Here's the points you are missing/wrong.
    LOL! In other words you refuse to acknowledge the actual facts of the issue. Nice.

I'm not dignifying the rest of your post with an answer because it's all completely unbacked opinions that fly directly in the face of the well-known, established facts of the opioid crisis which I already provided.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TrippyHippy View Post
    LOL! In other words you refuse to acknowledge the actual facts of the issue. Nice.

I'm not dignifying the rest of your post with an answer because it's all completely unbacked opinions that fly directly in the face of the well-known, established facts of the opioid crisis which I already provided.
    suit yourself.
    I gave you the pharmaceutical realities of opioid drug addiction.
    Debating the number of prescriptions isn't as important as debating what causes addiction to opioids.
    Understand this and you understand whom is a good candidate for pain management, and whom is in it for the abuse (highs)

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    suit yourself.
    I gave you the pharmaceutical realities of opioid drug addiction.
    Debating the number of prescriptions isn't as important as debating what causes addiction to opioids.
    Understand this and you understand whom is a good candidate for pain management, and whom is in it for the abuse (highs)
    You gave me conjecture and hearsay. None of your claims were backed with actual evidence. That would be because the evidence points to the contrary of almost everything you said.
    “I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.” - Henry David Thoreau

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You gave me conjecture and hearsay. None of your claims were backed with actual evidence. That would be because the evidence points to the contrary of almost everything you said.
    i gave you the Physician Desk Reference pharmacology, and behaviors of addicts.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. I would like to see this "study" you speak of because existing drug addicts don't tend to switch to prescription pills over illicit drugs. It's the other way around, it starts with pharmaceuticals and then moves to illicit drugs out of financial necessity.

And lol @ "a simple treatment for pain." If it was just that, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Responsible prescribing of painkillers is one thing. But over-prescribing of prescription painkillers is a very real, very glaring problem and that is leaving people addicted. Follow the $$$. The more opioids doctors prescribe, the more money they make. Naturally they will want to sell as many as possible, and creating an addict out of a patient is very profitable:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/healt...ise/index.html

It happens all the time:

https://www.kcra.com/article/yuba-ci...pills/18668079
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ioid-kickbacks
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cr...201568589.html
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...racy/709920686
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/n...kickbacks.html

There are countless more examples I can give you.
    Doctors don't sell drugs. They make no profit from their sale. The financiers (the wealthy elite, who are the so called "leaders" of our communities) are the bad guys that never get caught. The street dealers are the scapegoats for their criminal drug dealing enterprises.

Ever seen "Scarface"?
    I travel softly through the night. Yep, I'm one of those.

I am> "the unconquerable will,
    And study of revenge, immortal hate,
    And courage never to submit or yield." (to rwnuts.)

"Indelible"

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Between opioids and meth the demographic shift will be speeding up

Meth was so widespread that newspapers used the term “Meth Capital of the World” to describe no less than 70 locations across the country, according to Nick Reding’s book “Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town.” (trump's base)

Deaths related to stimulants — mostly meth — were up nationwide by more than 250 percent from 2005 to 2015, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

At North Gwinnett High School more than a decade ago, Holcomb saw friends broken by meth, a drug with awful side effects. Her friends picked at sores on their faces compulsively, and their behavior was erratic. Some had bouts of psychosis. This isn’t all meth can do. It can rot teeth. It makes the user gaunt and look like death. Over time, it can even lower a user’s IQ. (yes trumps base)

The world needs fewer people in it. How we get there is negotiable.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fucking Aye! Well I'll be pickled in pig shit. You libtards ought to be cheering that the rednecks are dying off in methville. You fucking retards don't even know it's in your interest.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISBAND ICE View Post
    Yeah, when black people were being ravaged by the crack epidemic, it was an inherent result of their flawed and inferior culture, and the only correct response was to raise penalties 500 times. When poor whites in Trump country are ravaged by a much worse and deadlier drug crisis, though, suddenly we need compassion, and you are evil for even considering making any link to the culture of the self-proclaimed "real America".
    We need you to cheer every death! Only you can make a difference.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Florida pain pill deaths went down/cheap heroin ( fentanyl) deaths spiked up
    with strict controls on pharmacy dispersement..

The history of drug enforcement is a colossal failure. We are now driving addicts to heroin use.

For all the downsides of increased availability -the huge upside is criminal enterprises reduction
    *Legalize it*

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

SouthernUnkleRitchie (08-12-2018), TrippyHippy (08-15-2018)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No. I would like to see this "study" you speak of because existing drug addicts don't tend to switch to prescription pills over illicit drugs. It's the other way around, it starts with pharmaceuticals and then moves to illicit drugs out of financial necessity.

And lol @ "a simple treatment for pain." If it was just that, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Responsible prescribing of painkillers is one thing. But over-prescribing of prescription painkillers is a very real, very glaring problem and that is leaving people addicted. Follow the $$$. The more opioids doctors prescribe, the more money they make. Naturally they will want to sell as many as possible, and creating an addict out of a patient is very profitable:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/11/healt...ise/index.html

It happens all the time:

https://www.kcra.com/article/yuba-ci...pills/18668079
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ioid-kickbacks
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cr...201568589.html
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...racy/709920686
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/16/n...kickbacks.html

There are countless more examples I can give you.
    Cost of 90 oxycodone pills on the street > $900.00. Cost for valid prescription for cancer patients with medicare for same amount of pills > $3.35.

BTW, they even drug test cancer patients to make sure they are taking them and not selling them.

"Indelible"

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Fucking Aye! Well I'll be pickled in pig shit. You libtards ought to be cheering that the rednecks are dying off in methville. You fucking retards don't even know it's in your interest.
    You're sick if you think like that. Every life matters.

"Indelible"

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DISBAND ICE View Post
    Yeah, when black people were being ravaged by the crack epidemic, it was an inherent result of their flawed and inferior culture, and the only correct response was to raise penalties 500 times. When poor whites in Trump country are ravaged by a much worse and deadlier drug crisis, though, suddenly we need compassion, and you are evil for even considering making any link to the culture of the self-proclaimed "real America".
    Bravo!