You do ask some truly stupid questions!
    Consider the source.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 965 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Majlis is the place to take your grievances.. Did you see someone who was lashed in Saudi Arabia?
    I know what those rooms are for. They aren't for airing human rights violations against the royal family/govt. I have seen the results of those lashes. Never saw one meted out myself though I hear some Saudis do love to attend them every Friday. Nothing like a good back lashing/head or hand chopping to bring one nearer to god.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotcha68 View Post
    I know what those rooms are for. They aren't for airing human rights violations against the royal family/govt. I have seen the results of those lashes. Never saw one meted out myself though I hear some Saudis do love to attend them every Friday. Nothing like a good back lashing/head or hand chopping to bring one nearer to god.
    A Majlis isn't a room..

And yes it is a place to air greivances and settle disputes even against the emir, governor or king..

When did you see lashings in Saudi Arabia?

You "hear" Saudis like to attend amputations (which are rare as hell) Who did you hear that from?

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A Majlis isn't a room..

And yes it is a place to air greivances and settle disputes even against the emir, governor or king..

When did you see lashings in Saudi Arabia?

You "hear" Saudis like to attend amputations (which are rare as hell) Who did you hear that from?
    A majilis is a large room where the insanely rich royalty sit while their generally poor oppressed subjects file in with "hat" in hand and ready to kiss whatever they need to kiss to get something corrected or get something in general in their personal lives. It's considered an open door policy where anyone can have a moment of the king's time (or whomever is sitting in attendance) and people can state their cases. In days of old they may have felt secure in calling out leadership for a failure to act but that was back in the day before Arab leadership in Saudi wasn't based on oppression and fear. If you really believe that a Saudi (or a foreigner if they dare) will stand in front of Saudi leadership and call them out for behaving badly on their part then you really are defending barbarity. They might actually do it but they aren't going to walk out the door as "free" as they walked in.

I said I did not witness a lashing myself. How many foreigners are allowed in Mecca just to watch such things do you think? I'm not sure of the exact year but it was recent that Saudi was breaking records for chopping heads off and it was barely half way through the year. I don't keep up with their chopping scores but rare my ass. If by amputation you meant the hand then yes that is rare by all accounts but not head chopping. That's still a brisk business.

I do hear Saudis like to attend such things...from Saudis themselves. They seem to especially like it when someone has "offended" Islam according to their own feelings about it.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,518 Times in 6,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Did you, faux "princess?"
    They must have named the ' trolley ' after you, Leg-iron.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A majilis is a large room where the insanely rich royalty sit while their generally poor oppressed subjects file in with "hat" in hand and ready to kiss whatever they need to kiss to get something corrected or get something in general in their personal lives. It's considered an open door policy where anyone can have a moment of the king's time (or whomever is sitting in attendance) and people can state their cases. In days of old they may have felt secure in calling out leadership for a failure to act but that was back in the day before Arab leadership in Saudi wasn't based on oppression and fear. If you really believe that a Saudi (or a foreigner if they dare) will stand in front of Saudi leadership and call them out for behaving badly on their part then you really are defending barbarity. They might actually do it but they aren't going to walk out the door as "free" as they walked in.

I said I did not witness a lashing myself. How many foreigners are allowed in Mecca just to watch such things do you think? I'm not sure of the exact year but it was recent that Saudi was breaking records for chopping heads off and it was barely half way through the year. I don't keep up with their chopping scores but rare my ass. If by amputation you meant the hand then yes that is rare by all accounts but not head chopping. That's still a brisk business.

I do hear Saudis like to attend such things...from Saudis themselves. They seem to especially like it when someone has "offended" Islam according to their own feelings about it.
    Saudi kings do not permit anyone to kiss their hands..

Were you living in KSA or not?

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krudzu View Post
    Saudi kings do not permit anyone to kiss their hands.. Were you living in KSA or not?
    Were you, faux "princess?"

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by krudzu View Post
    A Majlis isn't a room.. And yes it is a place to air greivances and settle disputes even against the emir, governor or king..When did you see lashings in Saudi Arabia? You "hear" Saudis like to attend amputations (which are rare as hell) Who did you hear that from?
    Maybe a faux "princess" told him.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by loon View Post
    They must have named the ' trolley ' after you, Leg-iron.
    Think so?

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,518 Times in 6,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump Abandons Canada in Saudi Human Rights Fight

www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/truTrump Abandons Canada in Saudi Human Rights Fightmp-abandons-canada-in-saudi-human-rights-fight-1.6366171
    To fascists- human rights are a nuisance. You Trump supporters had better re-examine your souls.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Saudi kings do not permit anyone to kiss their hands..

Were you living in KSA or not?
    I have never lived in Saudi nor would I want to. As an atheist I don't imagine I would be accepted. Not sure what to make about the kissing the hand thing since I was referring to his ass, metaphorically speaking.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have never lived in Saudi nor would I want to. As an atheist I don't imagine I would be accepted. Not sure what to make about the kissing the hand thing since I was referring to his ass, metaphorically speaking.
    Well now, this just got awkward....

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you have never lived there what were you talking about?

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you have never lived there what were you talking about?
    Are you of the opinion that one can never learn something about another country/culture etc unless one has actively lived there? I understand living in a place gives you insight that others will never have but you can still learn stuff without stepping foot in a country.

What do you mean what am I talking about? I assumed English was your first language? I apologize for making that assumption.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you of the opinion that one can never learn something about another country/culture etc unless one has actively lived there? I understand living in a place gives you insight that others will never have but you can still learn stuff without stepping foot in a country.

What do you mean what am I talking about? I assumed English was your first language? I apologize for making that assumption.
    There isn't much accurate information about KSA because so few of the writers have ever been there and those that have were only there for a week.