Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here’s why almost 80 percent of Americans say they live from paycheck to paycheck

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,482 Times in 9,081 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Here’s why almost 80 percent of Americans say they live from paycheck to paycheck

80%? This is the Trump economy everybody should be rolling in dough?!!
    What about those Trump/GOP tax cuts?!!

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/her...heck-paycheck/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-01-2018), Guno צְבִי (08-01-2018), Phantasmal (08-01-2018), PoliTalker (08-01-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

Perhaps they should stop trying to live a million dollar lifestyle on a hundred dollar skill set.

The average credit card debt per U.S. household is slightly over $16,000. Why do you blame anyone but the people putting that much on those cards for that average?

I do see you now consider rawstory a valid source. When did that change?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Trump tax cuts won't impact us until tax day 2019, ya goof.
    But Corporations are expanding, planning ahead knowing this.

Why do I have to come on a political forum and watch dumbasses make threads that make no sense.

Not everyone is stupid.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

anatta (08-04-2018), MAGA MAN (08-01-2018)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Gosh, it was so much better with a shitty economy."

source: no one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

anatta (08-04-2018)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post

I can’t argue with the mans observations but the facts are that our lopsided pro business government got there via the support of workers of pro business politicians. This is what they voted for.

A big part of the blame here belongs to The Democratic Party. Since the 60’s Democrats have focused on expanding broad based social equality and freedom at the cost of defending the expansion of economic liberty for labor.

They have stood by disinterested while the fortunes of labor have declined to such an extreme that working class people have abandoned the Democratic Party in droves to such a degree that the working class has now become an influential coalition member of the pro business Republican Party. That is how massive the Democratic Party’s failure to prioritize the economic liberty of labor has been.

Workers also underestimate the power they have to affect change. For example a few years back I and the 7 other colleagues in my group found our selves where our workload had become so large and so stressful with no additional compensation that when one person in our group resigned in frustration the rest of our group tendered our resignations. That had the consequence of shutting down our business unit. Within four hours we were provided the additional resources and pay increases we were asking for.

So labor does have the power to affect real change. What they lack is political leadership that is vested in their economic liberties.
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 08-01-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

PoliTalker (08-01-2018)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I can’t argue with the mans observations but the facts are that our lopsided pro business government got there via the support of workers of pro business politicians. This is what they voted for.

A big part of the blame here belongs to The Democratic Party. Since the 60’s Democrats have focused on expanding broad based social equality and freedom at the cost of defending the expansion of economic liberty for labor.

They have stood by disinterested while the fortunes of labor have declined to such an extreme that working class people have abandoned the Democratic Party in droves to such a degree that the working class has now become an influential coalition member of the pro business Republican Party. That is how massive the Democratic Party’s failure to prioritize the economic liberty of labor has been.

Workers also underestimate the power they have to affect change. For example a few years back I and the 7 other colleagues in my group found our selves where our workload had become so large and so stressful with no additional compensation that when one person in our group resigned in frustration the rest of our group tendered our resignations. That had the consequence of shutting down our business unit. Within four hours we were provided the additional resources and pay increases.

So labor does have the power to affect real change. What they lack is political leadership that is vested in their economic liberties.
    When the Democrats started their push for "social equality" through all sorts of social welfare programs, people that would not provide for themselves learned that they didn't have to do so. All they had to do was claim the inability to do so and the government would use money taken from those that would provide for themselves and hand it to those claiming an inability. In other words, there were two groups in society. Those that worked for a living and those that voted for one.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,205 Times in 3,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

personal finance is simple. Never buy anything on credit.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Text Drivers are Killers,

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    personal finance is simple. Never buy anything on credit.
    Any individual who follows this regimen would never buy a home, and be locked out of the primary vehicle of wealth accumulation in America.

Blacks were prevented from building wealth by redlining them out of mortgages.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (08-01-2018)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Mott,

Workers also underestimate the power they have to affect change. For example a few years back I and the 7 other colleagues in my group found our selves where our workload had become so large and so stressful with no additional compensation that when one person in our group resigned in frustration the rest of our group tendered our resignations. That had the consequence of shutting down our business unit. Within four hours we were provided the additional resources and pay increases we were asking for.

The problem for Democrats is they relied too much on big money campaign donations and then got stuck as hypocrites for giving Wall Street preferential treatment over constituents.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

A doorman at our building is this 70 year old dude. Was chatting with him the other day and he brought up how depressing it is to live in Trump's America and he can't turn on the TV news anymore. But then he brought up the old school left and how Democrats went away from supporting labor. I mostly listened to him but it was interesting what he was saying was along the lines of what you are saying here. I'm not a Democrat so I'm not here telling Democrats what to do but as a political observer I have seen the changes.

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Text Drivers are Killers,

Any individual who follows this regimen would never buy a home, and be locked out of the primary vehicle of wealth accumulation in America.

Blacks were prevented from building wealth by redlining them out of mortgages.
    What about those of us that paid cash for our home?

It's not redlining someone when they can't afford to make the payments.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A doorman at our building is this 70 year old dude. Was chatting with him the other day and he brought up how depressing it is to live in Trump's America and he can't turn on the TV news anymore. But then he brought up the old school left and how Democrats went away from supporting labor. I mostly listened to him but it was interesting what he was saying was along the lines of what you are saying here. I'm not a Democrat so I'm not here telling Democrats what to do but as a political observer I have seen the changes.
    The left supports unions with in turn support them. Unions extort owners on behalf of the labor. Your doorman must be suffering from Alzheimers if that's what he recalls of the "old school left".
    http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/03/un...-to-democrats/

Are you saying Democrats don't return the favor to unions?

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Would be nice to have a political party which really represented middle America instead of corporate power and the rich.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Trump tax cuts won't impact us until tax day 2019, ya goof.
    But Corporations are expanding, planning ahead knowing this.

Why do I have to come on a political forum and watch dumbasses make threads that make no sense.

Not everyone is stupid.
    Nonsense. Withholding changes with the increase or decrease in taxes.

And the Donor Relief Act (Ryan tax cuts) did almost nothing for anyone not making serious bank

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lesh For This Post:

evince (08-04-2018)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    "Gosh, it was so much better with a shitty economy."

source: no one.
    says Bush supporters who became trump supporters