PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Grugore
07-27-2018, 09:32 AM
This is probably one of the most common arguments atheists use, to TRY to discredit Scripture. It is also one of the easiest to refute.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html#Introduction

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Humankind really went astray when it began to envision the creator in human form. Not one member of the descendants of the tribes of europe, or anywhere else for that matter, accepted this severe altering of the perceptual reality; moving from a spiritual perceptual reality (responsibility) to a religious perceptual reality (guilt, sin, blame). They had to be slaughtered over generations into submission via the Inquisition. And then the rulers in the new perceptual reality went out to conquer and colonize.

Guno צְבִי
07-27-2018, 09:52 AM
This is probably one of the most common arguments atheists use, to TRY to discredit Scripture. It is also one of the easiest to refute.

You do know Jews and Muslims consider the trinity paganism and Christianity a pagan religion , don't you

The Origin of the Trinity: From Paganism to Constantine

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Contents/doctrine/The%20Origin%20of%20the%20Trinity.htm

evince
07-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Jesus was one of the great philosophers

how I wish people like the OP would stop missing his message to use their organized religion to create hate

Grugore
07-27-2018, 10:12 AM

how I wish people like the OP would stop missing his message to use their organized religion to create hate

Lolol. You are the one who has no clue what His message is. Correction. You do know. That is why you reject it. That message is that He is the risen Savior. Repent and be saved. If you think that is hateful, that's your problem.

evince
07-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Lolol. You are the one who has no clue what His message is. Correction. You do know. That is why you reject it. That message is that He is the risen Savior. Repent and be saved. If you think that is hateful, that's your problem.

I Love his ideas of peace and love

you love to pretend you will live forever

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:16 AM

I'd start with Jesus' followers sodomizations of his message and go from there.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:17 AM

If only we were to weave that into the fabric of american society.

Grugore
07-27-2018, 10:19 AM

I will live forever. You, on the other hand are destined for something else entirely. Eternal separation from God. You can change that. It is the simplest thing you can imagine, yet also the most difficult. That is why the vast majority will never do it. You must surrender your will to God. Repent and ask Him to forgive you. Such a simple thing.

evince
07-27-2018, 10:22 AM
I don't need a REWARD for understanding the greatness of Jesus's ideas

you on the other hand wouldnt care about him if it didn't come with the idea of living forever

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:25 AM
I will live forever. You, on the other hand are destined for something else entirely. Eternal separation from God. You can change that. It is the simplest thing you can imagine, yet also the most difficult. That is why the vast majority will never do it. You must surrender your will to God. Repent and ask Him to forgive you. Such a simple thing.

That is the mindfuck brainwashing that "believers" must submit to. Original sin; you as a human are damaged goods, fucked for being born, so you must submit to this male dominator god chain of command and subdue the earth and all that is on the earth including other humans for the glory of your male dominator god.

The descendants of the tribes of europe had to be slaughtered into acceptance of this perceptual reality, and then it went out and slaughtered its way across the world via european colonization.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:26 AM

That is the mindfuck brainwashing that "believers" must submit to. Original sin; you as a human are damaged goods, fucked for being born, so you must submit to this male dominator god chain of command and subdue the earth and all that is on the earth including other humans for the glory of your male dominator god.

The descendants of the tribes of europe had to be slaughtered into acceptance of this perceptual reality, and then it went out and slaughtered its way across the world via european colonization.

Jack
07-27-2018, 10:27 AM

Really? What the fuck is the 'Message'?

Mason Michaels
07-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Thomas Aquinas said it best,Jesus didn't leave any room,to be a mere prophet,or Philosopher.
As Thomas Aquinas said ,Jesus was either
1.Liar
2.Lunatic
3.LORD

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Really? What the fuck is the 'Message'?

"Wash my feet bitch". Yeah, I know, Jesus' take on it was a bit different, but I'm going to Heaven and you're not, grab the soap.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:33 AM
Thomas Aquinas said it best,Jesus didn't leave any room,to be a mere prophet,or Philosopher.
As Thomas Aquinas said ,Jesus was either
1.Liar
2.Lunatic
3.LORD

Let us not forget, teaching love and tolerance got him executed by the state and religious authorities.

Jack
07-27-2018, 10:36 AM
"Wash my feet bitch". Yeah, I know, Jesus' take on it was a bit different, but I'm going to Heaven and you're not, grab the soap.

I've always considered Christianity a 'Slave Religion'. I can certainly see why the Conquerors always converted the Conquered into Christianity. If you can get these dumb asses to believe the BIG PAYOFF is in the NEXT Life, you can get them to do just about anything.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:39 AM
I've always considered Christianity a 'Slave Religion'. I can certainly see why the Conquerors always converted the Conquered into Christianity. If you can get these dumb asses to believe the BIG PAYOFF is in the NEXT Life, you can get them to do just about anything.

As I wrote above, that is the mindfuck brainwashing that "believers" must submit to. Original sin; you as a human are damaged goods, fucked for being born, so you must submit to this male dominator god chain of command and subdue the earth and all that is on the earth including other humans for the glory of your male dominator god. What does god want you to do? Obey your master of course, your employer, and on, and on.

Mason Michaels
07-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Let us not forget, teaching love and tolerance got him executed by the state and religious authorities.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when Jesus said to his accusers!
"Before Abraham I AM"
This simple answer drove his accusers up a wall,because they knew YHWH told Moses,tell them ,I AM who I AM.
Jesus saying "Before Abraham I AM",clearly said Jesus was saying he was YHWH incarnated into the flesh.

Grugore
07-27-2018, 10:40 AM

I'd rather be a slave to Christ than rule the world. You, on the other hand, are a slave to sin. I pity you.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:40 AM
"Before Abraham I AM"
This simple answer drove his accusers up a wall,because they knew YHWH told Moses,tell them ,I AM who I AM.
Jesus saying "Before Abraham I AM",clearly said Jesus was saying he was YHWH incarnated into the flesh.

... threatening to the authorities.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:41 AM
I'd rather be a slave to Christ than rule the world. You, on the other hand, are a slave to sin. I pity you.

Well as long as we slaves all pity each other, then it worked the way religion is supposed to.

Jack
07-27-2018, 10:41 AM
"Before Abraham I AM"

Uh, yeah. :palm:

Jack
07-27-2018, 10:43 AM

I would rather you be a slave to Christ to. Docile people are easy to control. They do what they're told.

evince
07-27-2018, 10:49 AM

this

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 10:51 AM
this

Yeah that "hit" with it's "impact" the first time.

Mason Michaels
07-27-2018, 10:51 AM
... threatening to the authorities.

And to the leaders of organized religion

evince
07-27-2018, 10:52 AM

jesus taught love

I accept his wisdom

You have accepted someone elses interpitation of his message in return for thinking you will live forever

If that was not offered you would ignore Jesus

Jack
07-27-2018, 11:04 AM
jesus taught love

I accept his wisdom

You have accepted someone elses interpitation of his message in return for thinking you will live forever

Jesus taught 'submission'.

'Turn the other cheek'.
'The Last shall be First'.
'Give Caesar what is Caesar's'.
'Forgive your trespassers'.

If Jesus would have been President during 9/11, he would have 'turned the other cheek' and 'forgiven his trespassers'.

Real people, pragmatic people, people that live in the Real World, ... they go to Pakistan and clarify the situation.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 11:08 AM
And to the leaders of organized religion

... especially.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 11:09 AM
jesus taught love

I accept his wisdom

Perhaps he has merely observed followers like you, you're not about love at all.

Grugore
07-27-2018, 11:27 AM
How about getting back on topic? Atheists claim that Jesus as God was not introduced until the fourth century. I have presented proof that they are wrong. No one has tried to refute this. Anyone care to try, rather than deflecting and insults? I mean, that's what grown-ups do.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 11:33 AM
How about getting back on topic? Atheists claim that Jesus as God was not introduced until the fourth century. I have presented proof that they are wrong. No one has tried to refute this. Anyone care to try, rather than deflecting and insults? I mean, that's what grown-ups do.

I don't much give a fuck when it started.

evince
07-27-2018, 11:36 AM

who fucking claims that idiot?

there are no gods or monsters

there is no proof of your beliefs

evince
07-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Perhaps he has merely observed followers like you, you're not about love at all.

I give you tuff love when you embrace lies

Grugore
07-27-2018, 11:38 AM
who fucking claims that idiot?

there are no gods or monsters

there is no proof of your beliefs

You'll be singing a different tune on Judgement Day.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 11:39 AM
I give you tuff love when you embrace lies

You swear like a sailor in endless hissyfits when you are disagreed with, that's all.

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 11:40 AM

There is no judgement day and I'll probably always be partial to blues, blues rock, and blues based southern rock regardless.

Frank Apisa
07-27-2018, 12:51 PM
"Before Abraham I AM"

The Gospel of John! Might as well have been written by Lewis Carroll.

Even scholarly Christians reject it and consider almost ALL of the quotes attributed to Jesus...to be fraudulent.

Frank Apisa
07-27-2018, 12:54 PM

"Sin!"

That is something a human does that offends that god of yours...which is goddam near EVERYTHING humans do other than kiss the god's ass.

And the god supposedly was willing to forgive humans for offending it...

...but only on the condition that humans first torture and kill its son.

Jesus H. Christ.

First you people guess there is a GOD...and then you give it attributes that would land it in an insane asylum if it were a human.

Doesn't that bother you?

Frank Apisa
07-27-2018, 12:57 PM

Name five atheists who have done that.

evince
07-27-2018, 12:59 PM

why?

because you have a cruel imagined god?

one that would punish loving people for what?

burning children in hell FOREVER for being raised in another religion

evince
07-27-2018, 01:01 PM
You swear like a sailor in endless hissyfits when you are disagreed with, that's all.

so did carlin and pryor

Guno צְבִי
07-27-2018, 01:06 PM

Ah the christian revenge fantasy!

Frank Apisa
07-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Ah the christian revenge fantasy!

How can they possibly profess LOVE and DEVOTION...to a thing that plans a Day of Judgement...where some people will be CONDEMNED for having offended the god.

Who in their right mind would want to be "saved" to live in a world run by a monster like that?

PostmodernProphet
07-27-2018, 02:34 PM
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." "Now the earth was formless and empty. Darkness was on the surface of the deep. God's Spirit was hovering over the surface of the waters."

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him;
the Trinity was there BEFORE day 1.....

Grugore
07-27-2018, 02:34 PM
How can they possibly profess LOVE and DEVOTION...to a thing that plans a Day of Judgement...where some people will be CONDEMNED for having offended the god.

Who in their right mind would want to be "saved" to live in a world run by a monster like that?

That's right. Just ignore the simple fact that God gave us all a way to avoid going to hell. He didn't have to do that. If anyone goes to hell, it's because they chose to go there. God loves you and wants you in heaven. But you spit in His face and say I don't need you. Fine. You'll get your wish. Then you'll spend eternity cursing yourself for a fool.

PostmodernProphet
07-27-2018, 02:37 PM
You do know Jews and Muslims consider the trinity paganism and Christianity a pagan religion , don't you

you didn't think that was the only thing they had wrong, did you?......

Frank Apisa
07-27-2018, 02:54 PM
That's right. Just ignore the simple fact that God gave us all a way to avoid going to hell.

Just ignore the fact that you god could have avoided a need for a hell.

The notion of a hell that should be avoided is so barbaric, it doesn't make sense in a civilized discussion.

He didn't have to do that.

He didn't have to make a hell.

But the god is a monster.

Better to worship and love Zeus.

If anyone goes to hell, it's because they chose to go there.

Well...ummm...that disgusting god of yours has something to do with it...wouldn'tcha say?

God loves you and wants you in heaven.

Really?

Well...why not just take us all to Heaven?

Why all the bullshit?

But you spit in His face and say I don't need you. Fine. You'll get your wish. Then you'll spend eternity cursing yourself for a fool.

If there is a god that would torture anyone for all of eternity...that god not only deserves spit in the face...the god should be tied down and have people shit in its face.

Anything else you want to discuss, Grugore?

(What is your religion?)

Fentoine Lum
07-27-2018, 03:00 PM
the Trinity was there BEFORE day 1.....

The trinity was there when religious folk invented it.

PostmodernProphet
07-27-2018, 07:38 PM
y

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

Who in their right mind would want to be "saved" to live in a world run by a monster like that?.

a monster?......he sacrifices himself for you, you refuse to even believe he exists and then you complain because he doesn't accept you anyway?......you aren't condemned for anything......you simply refuse to believe it........"there is no God and there is no heaven, but he's a bastard for not letting me in!"......

Guno צְבִי
07-27-2018, 08:57 PM
y

a monster?......he sacrifices himself for you, you refuse to even believe he exists and then you complain because he doesn't accept you anyway?......you aren't condemned for anything......you simply refuse to believe it........"there is no God and there is no heaven, but he's a bastard for not letting me in!"......

he sacrificed himself to himself for rules he made, how fucking insane does one have to be to think of that as reality

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/62223879/so-god-sacrificed-himself-to-himself-to-save-us-from-himself-so-that-only-through-himself-we-may-liv.jpg

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 04:33 AM
he sacrificed himself to himself for rules he made, how fucking insane does one have to be to think of that as reality

apparently significantly less insane than yourself.......

Grugore
07-28-2018, 12:00 PM
y

This could be viewed, by some, as a logical disconnect. Arguing about the nature of a God they say they don't believe in is proof that they DO believe. Otherwise, why argue about?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 12:03 PM
y

Original sin son, you are damaged goods for being born; fucked for getting here as it were. Submit to your male dominator God's chain of command or else. That's the shtick. And violence and death was the recruitment path. Go back and look at how the descendants of the tribes of europe got "civilized".

Frank Apisa
07-28-2018, 12:19 PM
This could be viewed, by some, as a logical disconnect. Arguing about the nature of a God they say they don't believe in is proof that they DO believe. Otherwise, why argue about?

Jesus H. Christ...arguing about the nature of Sherlock Holmes does not mean you thing Sherlock Holmes was real.

Do people like you actually think before posting?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Jesus H. Christ...arguing about the nature of Sherlock Holmes does not mean you thing Sherlock Holmes was real.

No, thinking and believing are two distinctly different states of being. Believers believe believing is thinking, never has been.

Grugore
07-28-2018, 01:18 PM

I don't believe that anyone has ever seriously argued about the existence of Sherlock Holmes. On the other hand, atheists argue that God does not exist, then argue that the same God they don't believe in is evil. So, who really needs to do some thinking here?

Frank Apisa
07-28-2018, 01:30 PM
I don't believe that anyone has ever seriously argued about the existence of Sherlock Holmes. On the other hand, atheists argue that God does not exist, then argue that the same God they don't believe in is evil. So, who really needs to some thinking here?

Last question first:

Answer: YOU. You really need to do some thinking here.

You guess there is a god (and that you know the nature of that god, what pleases it and what offends it.) Atheists (at least some of them) guess there are no gods.

NEITHER of you know if there are gods or not...and neither of you seem willing to acknowledge that you are merely blindly guessing the way you are guessing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with guessing on the question...and one of you is correct. Either there is at least one god...or there are none.

But you were scoffing at something by posting, "This could be viewed, by some, as a logical disconnect. Arguing about the nature of a God they say they don't believe in is proof that they DO believe. Otherwise, why argue about?"

That is AN ABSURDITY.

There is no logic there. It is something you just wrote because you have a keyboard at your disposal.

And I called that to your attention.

Grugore
07-28-2018, 01:37 PM
Last question first:

Answer: YOU. You really need to do some thinking here.

You guess there is a god (and that you know the nature of that god, what pleases it and what offends it.) Atheists (at least some of them) guess there are no gods.

NEITHER of you know if there are gods or not...and neither of you seem willing to acknowledge that you are merely blindly guessing the way you are guessing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with guessing on the question...and one of you is correct. Either there is at least one god...or there are none.

But you were scoffing at something by posting, "This could be viewed, by some, as a logical disconnect. Arguing about the nature of a God they say they don't believe in is proof that they DO believe. Otherwise, why argue about?"

That is AN ABSURDITY.

There is no logic there. It is something you just wrote because you have a keyboard at your disposal.

And I called that to your attention.

There you go again, calling it a guessing game. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have no doubt that God is real and that He loves us and has revealed His nature to us through Scripture. Here's a question for you. Why do people like you try so hard to convince others that God does not exist? What's in it for you?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 01:41 PM
There you go again, calling it a guessing game. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have no doubt that God is real and that He loves us and has revealed His nature to us through Scripture. Here's a question for you. Why do people like you try so hard to convince others that God does not exist? What's in it for you?

Yes yes, we know, you believe. There's really nothing else to discuss, you choose to believe. It's ok, you can, but that's all it is, your choice to believe.

Frank Apisa
07-28-2018, 01:41 PM
There you go again, calling it a guessing game. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have no doubt that God is real and that He loves us and has revealed His nature to us through Scripture. Here's a question for you. Why do people like you try so hard to convince others that God does not exist?

I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE "GOD" DOES NOT EXIST!

I have never done so...and NEVER WILL.

Are you unable to read or to comprehend?

I have no idea if any gods exist or not.

What's in it for you?

What is in WHAT for me?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 01:42 PM
I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE "GOD" DOES NOT EXIST!

I have never done so...and NEVER WILL.

Are you unable to read or to comprehend?

I have no idea if any gods exist or not.

What is in WHAT for me?

Believers are threatened if you don't believe.

Grugore
07-28-2018, 01:54 PM

You are a fool. Your unbelief does not bothere one bit. Because the truth is that you do believe. That is why people like you haunt these threads, ridiculing Christians. You are doing the will of your father, the Devil.

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:07 PM
You are a fool. Your unbelief does not bothere one bit. Because the truth is that you do believe. That is why people like you haunt these threads, ridiculing Christians. You are doing the will of your father, the Devil.

Silly me, I should have come to you so you could tell me what I believe. No one's ridiculing you hon, you're simply having an emotional reaction to folks not lining up to follow you and your chosen beliefs. Thats all.

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post

lol, Frank.....tell me you wouldn't wonder about the sanity of someone arguing about the nature of Sherlock Holmes.......

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
no fool.....we are threatened by idiots who start threads like this one attacking what we believe........if you would just fuck off and mind your own business there would be no problem....... go kill some unborn children or something.....

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:25 PM
lol, Frank.....tell me you wouldn't wonder about the sanity of someone arguing about the nature of Sherlock Holmes.......

I heard he was a cocaine addict. True, I don't know, maybe just an occasional user?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:25 PM
no fool.....we are threatened by idiots who start threads like this one attacking what we believe........if you would just fuck off and mind your own business there would be no problem....... go kill some unborn children or something.....

See? I didn't start the thread, and never have started a thread like this.

Guno צְבִי
07-28-2018, 02:30 PM

ah the devil! another great christian invention to keep the fearful and uneducated in line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8GwT7ZotCg

Jack

I think Grugore started the thread so he could get some feedback. I haven't been following this but I think in the fourth century was when Constantine ordered all the Christian-type bishops or whatever to gather up all their religious manuscripts and come up with a coherent and unifying storyline.

PostmodernProphet
yet you are here attacking what we believe despite that fact........

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 02:31 PM
keeping the kooks in line does not work on me

I know, right........

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 02:32 PM

St. John invented it in the first chapter of his Gospel account.

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 02:34 PM
trolling for god-haters using ground atheist for chum.......

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:35 PM
yet you are here attacking what we believe despite that fact........

No hon, I'm just not following you, that's all.

Minister of Truth

I think it's a mindfuck to embrace Marxism. Particularly in this century, long after its defeat.

Fentoine Lum
trolling for god-haters using ground atheist for chum.......

trolling for sure, or is it trolling for Jesus.

Guno צְבִי

“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”
―Thomas Jefferson

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:37 PM
I think it's a mindfuck to embrace Marxism. Particularly in this century, long after its defeat.

Jesus was a Marxist? Damn, how did he know Marx would come along and ..., ah, nevermind.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:37 PM
“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”
―Thomas Jefferson

Thank God and Praise Jesus ... PMP is here to explain 'The Trinity'. The floor is yours, PMP.

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Jesus taught 'submission'.

'Turn the other cheek'.
'The Last shall be First'.
'Give Caesar what is Caesar's'.
'Forgive your trespassers'.

If Jesus would have been President during 9/11, he would have 'turned the other cheek' and 'forgiven his trespassers'.

Real people, pragmatic people, people that live in the Real World, ... they go to Pakistan and clarify the situation.

On the plus side, we wouldn't have people bitching about ME wars, and the truther movement wouldn't have much inspiration.

NiftyNiblick
07-28-2018, 02:40 PM
People can believe whatever they want, no matter how psychotic it leaves them looking.

What they mustn't be allowed to do is insert their religious superstitions into the laws of this secular republic.

Christian theocracy is no less deplorable than Islamic theocracy. Theocracy is theocracy, an abomination.

Yet we're definitely diminished by it still. Fucking fetus worshipers are just one example.

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 02:41 PM
Jesus was a Marxist? Damn, how did he know Marx would come along and ..., ah, nevermind.

You're right, He never mentioned stuffing everyone into gulags.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:41 PM
On the plus side, we wouldn't have people bitching about ME wars, and the truther movement wouldn't have much inspiration.

(shrugs) People always find stuff to complain about.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:42 PM
People can believe whatever they want, no matter how psychotic it leaves them looking.

What they mustn't be allowed to do is insert their religious superstitions into the laws of this secular republic.

Christian theocracy is no less deplorable than Islamic theocracy. Theocracy is theocracy, an abomination.

Yet we're definitely diminished by it still. Fucking fetus worshipers are just one example.

Check. The Cultists can do whatever they want ... as long as it doesn't interfere with the lives of all the normal people.

Controlled Opposition
07-28-2018, 02:43 PM
No sooner is the Devil mentioned than Jack shows up. Coincidence?

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:43 PM

The Catholic Church did however call for the extermination of the peoples of the Americas in Papal Bulls of the 1500s.

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:44 PM

The Catholic Church did however call for the extermination of the peoples of the Americas in Papal Bulls of the 1500s.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:47 PM
No sooner is the Devil mentioned than Jack shows up. Coincidence?

No. You have me confused with 'ThatOwlWoman'. :)

Guno צְבִי
07-28-2018, 02:48 PM
HOW CHRISTIANITY WAS INVENTED

Christianity is a copycat religion created by Emperor Constantine (for political purposes). (Incidentally, Constantine murdered his wife and his son, and later, the Church made him a Saint.)

Saint Constantine’s copycat religion was based upon a myth (The Persian savior god Mithra, crucified 600 B.C. ? 400 B.C.?), which was based on other similar myths, all the way back to Chrishna of India (a mythical god that some claim was “crucified” around 1200 B.C.). There were 16 mythical crucifixions before Christ. The belief in the crucifixion of Gods was prevalent in various oriental or heathen countries long prior to the reported crucifixion of Christ. Of the 16 crucifixions, most were born of a virgin and about half of them on December 25th.

Even then the new pork gobbler religion hated education, just like today's christstains

BURNING THE GREAT LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA IN EGYPT 391 A.D.

In 391 A.D., Christian Emperor Theodosius I ordered the destruction of all pagan (“heathen” they were also called) temples. The Christian Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria (Egypt) complied with this request. Seizing this opportunity, Theophilus exerted himself to the utmost to expose the pagan mysteries to contempt, the Serapeum also he showed full of extravagant superstitions, (and) the commander-in-chief of the troops in Egypt, assisted Theophilus in demolishing the heathen temples (and) then he destroyed the Serapeum. -Historia Ecclesiastica

https://beyondallreligion.net/2012/01/21/how-christianity-was-invented/

Grugore
07-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Once again, everyone is off topic. Probably because no one can refute the OP. No one has even tried.

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Once again, everyone is off topic. Probably because no one can refute the OP. No one has even tried.

No one needs to.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:55 PM

EXPLAIN the Trinity. Now is YOUR TIME.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:55 PM

PMP had his shot, but ran away and hid.

Jack
07-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Any time Grugore, I got shit to do.

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 02:59 PM

Prolly shuffling through his notes.

Fentoine Lum
07-28-2018, 03:00 PM

Prolly shuffling through his notes.

Jack
07-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Living in a Dream World. Another Cultist pointing to a Religious Manuscript and yelling to people "All the Answers are IN HERE!"

Jack
07-28-2018, 03:07 PM
OK. Time is up. You got NOTHING. I have to go. Bye.

Controlled Opposition
07-28-2018, 03:08 PM
"Even then the new pork gobbler religion hated education, just like today's christstains"

Guno's Catch 22. Free ham.

PostmodernProphet
07-28-2018, 09:02 PM
Christianity is a copycat religion

can you name another religion in the world today that is anything like it.......you've already failed at claiming ancient pagan religions were similar......what have you got now?..../

There were 16 mythical crucifixions before Christ..

I will admit you are a bold liar, but your still a liar......

Jack
07-28-2018, 09:09 PM
can you name another religion in the world today that is anything like it.......you've already failed at claiming ancient pagan religions were similar......what have you got now?..../

Any attempt at the 'Trinity' explanation?

And to YOUR point, the Abrahamic religions are very similar. I LOVE watching them kill each other, fighting about the the silliest of things. Only proves their MASSIVE IGNORANCE.

Jack
07-28-2018, 09:54 PM

Hey, PMP. Fun Question: If God told you to go kill Muslims (Infidels) would you do it, or would you disobey God? Did Jews follow God's commandment to smash the heads of babies against rocks? Do Muslims think 'God is Great' and will 'kill for Allah'?

Notice how all you Cultists are ALL the same?

Notice how Orthodox Jew guno HATES you (you pork goblin' GOY!) and YOU HATE guno. You guys are IDENTICAL in your universal HATE.

Guno צְבִי
07-28-2018, 11:13 PM

so explain your Trinity thingy

Guno צְבִי
07-28-2018, 11:14 PM
Hey, PMP. Fun Question: If God told you to go kill Muslims (Infidels) would you do it, or would you disobey God? Did Jews follow God's commandment to smash the heads of babies against rocks? Do Muslims think 'God is Great' and will 'kill for Allah'?

Notice how all you Cultists are ALL the same?

Notice how Orthodox Jew guno HATES you (you pork goblin' GOY!) and YOU HATE guno. You guys are IDENTICAL in your universal HATE.

Orthodox jew? lol

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 11:43 PM

And to YOUR point, the Abrahamic religions are very similar. I LOVE watching them kill each other, fighting about the the silliest of things. Only proves their MASSIVE IGNORANCE.
Islam has been invading the West since 632. I don't see what is so silly about fighting back.

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 11:46 PM

So you want to sacrifice babies without being called a murdering SOB?

Minister of Truth
07-28-2018, 11:50 PM
ah the devil! another great christian invention to keep the fearful and uneducated in line

The Book of Job comes from the Old Testament.

Jack
07-29-2018, 03:09 AM
Orthodox jew? lol

guno. You're so Ethnic, you don't even know you're ethnic.

What kind of person calls other people 'Goyim'? You do. Repeatedly. You're a Jewish Supremacist. You were brought up in an Orthodox Jewish household. You went to Hebrew Class, Synagogue, had a Bar Mitzvah, and married a Jewish woman. You mindlessly contaminate your children by doing the same to them.
You have this 'pork fetish' that is only practiced in a certain part of the world based on religious dietary laws. Another epithet you hurl at people, not even realizing that you're not in the Middle East any more, and that YOU are the one that looks foolish. You must cloister yourself in a Jewish Commune shielding yourself from Reality. I'm guessing you are SO immersed in your Religion that you consciously only do business with others of the same Faith. I can see you cringe at buying gas at a 'Goy' gas station, but rationalize it by telling yourself "Hey, I'm saving a nickel".

You, like PMP and Grugore, are religious Cult members. Just different Cults, which is why you guys are filled with HATE.

Minister of Truth
07-29-2018, 03:24 AM
guno. You're so Ethnic, you don't even know you're ethnic.

What kind of person calls other people 'Goyim'? You do. Repeatedly. You're a Jewish Supremacist. You were brought up in an Orthodox Jewish household. You went to Hebrew Class, Synagogue, had a Bar Mitzvah, and married a Jewish woman. You mindlessly contaminate your children by doing the same to them.
You have this 'pork fetish' that is only practiced in a certain part of the world based on religious dietary laws. Another epithet you hurl at people, not even realizing that you're not in the Middle East any more, and that YOU are the one that looks foolish. You must cloister yourself in a Jewish Commune shielding yourself from Reality. I'm guessing you are SO immersed in your Religion that you consciously only do business with others of the same Faith. I can see you cringe at buying gas at a 'Goy' gas station, but rationalize it by telling yourself "Hey, I'm saving a nickel".

You, like PMP and Grugore, are religious Cult members. Just different Cults, which is why you guys are filled with HATE.

Personally, I think he merely utilizes the culture he was raised in to troll people. There is a former poster named Brent who attended Bible camps in his youth, and took all of the knowledge he gained to troll for a number of years. From about 2002-2006, he had some of the best trolls (and some of the worst) the internet has seen. He eventually grew-up, stopped trolling, and is too cool to hang with us here anymore.

Jack
07-29-2018, 03:30 AM
Personally, I think he merely utilizes the culture he was raised in to troll people. There is a former poster named Brent who attended Bible camps in his youth, and took all of the knowledge he gained to troll for a number of years. From about 2002-2006, he had some of the best trolls (and some of the worst) the internet has seen. He eventually grew-up, stopped trolling, and is too cool to hang with us here anymore.

guno is an avid thread starter and I usually support his views. It's just difficult for me to associate myself with an obvious racist and religious type. It's like you agree with this Poster, but he presents himself as a Catholic Nazi. You know, when can you get past the 'Catholic Nazi' part and just discuss the view/position he advocates?

PostmodernProphet
07-29-2018, 04:55 AM
so explain your Trinity thingy

sure, God has three aspects that are described in scripture.....YWHW the creator, the spirit by which he communicates and his physical incarnation......all of which make Christianity a unique religion, despite your idiotic claim........

PostmodernProphet
07-29-2018, 05:03 AM

actually I have done it twice now, you shallow minded cunt.......now, can you explain why you keep making bad choices in life.......

And to YOUR point, the Abrahamic religions are very similar.

and yet they are not......both Judaism and Islam teach that salvation of humanity is dependent upon our own actions, we earn paradise by our own righteous acts.......good luck with that......

Jack
07-29-2018, 06:30 AM
actually I have done it twice now, you shallow minded cunt.......now, can you explain why you keep making bad choices in life.......

and yet they are not......both Judaism and Islam teach that salvation of humanity is dependent upon our own actions, we earn paradise by our own righteous acts.......good luck with that......

I don't follow 'religious' themed threads often, but I did see your explanation of the Trinity. Love the part about the 'Creator' and then the 'physical incarnation'. Most Kings, Czars, Emperors, etc. claimed to be 'Man-Gods', not really new. People fell for it centuries ago, funny how some still fall for that line in the 21st century.

Paradise? Good Luck with THAT.

Guno צְבִי
07-29-2018, 06:34 AM
The Book of Job comes from the Old Testament.

you really need to learn about the concept of a satan from the Hebrew bible which the concept was derived

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/satan-the-adversary/

domer76
07-29-2018, 07:44 AM

“The Bible is the word of God"
"How can you be sure it's the word of God?"
"Because the Bible tells us so"
"Why believe the Bible?
"The Bible is infallible"
"How do you know it's infallible?"...

(Return to top)

NiftyNiblick
07-29-2018, 08:28 AM
So you want to sacrifice babies without being called a murdering SOB?

So I don't consider fetuses babies. An abortion is merely purging one's body of unwanted cells, much like a haircut.

And when babies ARE born, I want them to have a better social safety net than conservative hypocrites want to give them.

evince
07-29-2018, 08:30 AM
anti abortion people don't care about fetuses

Its merely about controlling others

if they really cared they would be helping women avoid unwanted pregnancies

evince
07-29-2018, 08:33 AM
you really need to learn about the concept of a satan from the Hebrew bible which the concept was derived

https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/satan-the-adversary/

does Jesus even mention satan or hell?

evince
07-29-2018, 08:42 AM
https://godsplanforall.com/free-online-book/part-ii/chapter-18-jesus-christ-did-not-teach-hell/

Minister of Truth
07-29-2018, 03:00 PM
So I don't consider fetuses babies. An abortion is merely purging one's body of unwanted cells, much like a haircut.

And when babies ARE born, I want them to have a better social safety net than conservative hypocrites want to give them.

Your stance on abortion shows how much you really value life.

NiftyNiblick
07-30-2018, 11:11 AM

Everything, life included, must be valued in qualitative terms.

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 11:31 AM

study history goober

Fentoine Lum
07-30-2018, 11:40 AM

The Jeebus ate yo baby.

Fentoine Lum
07-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Everything, life included, must be valued in qualitative terms.

Not to theocrats. These folks want their own no go zones.

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 11:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9OBhbRlQc

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 11:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUPoLMW6dNM

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 12:19 PM
And today we have primitive uneducated blunt skulls still believing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVpiZo5jAk

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 03:27 PM
study history goober

given I have already used history to prove you are a liar, I might suggest the same for you......however, I know you won't bother and you will post the same lie within a week.......

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 03:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9OBhbRlQc

idiots quoting idiots......

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 03:29 PM
And today we have primitive uneducated blunt skulls still believing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVpiZo5jAk

idiots quoting idiots.....

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 04:00 PM

Why does Christianity need an entire industry called Apologetics to try to explain away its inconsistencies

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 04:01 PM

so you are incapable of refuting anything

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 04:07 PM
given I have already used history to prove you are a liar, I might suggest the same for you......however, I know you won't bother and you will post the same lie within a week.......

i understand that that crap was drilled into your brain as a child and to question was the worst thing in the wold one can do

Sad

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 04:16 PM

A very insightful article

After reading the Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.
However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.
The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. (See the wisdom of the world) When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.
It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.
Thus the Christian faith's invisible attributes are now clearly to be seen. Behind all the sacraments and the rituals, the organ music and the angelic choirs, the praying lips and the arms thrust heavenward, behind all this, propping it all up, is the monstrous doctrine that gullibility and ignorance are divine.
Please don't try to explain this to a Christian though, for it has been most assuredly foretold that he would be mocked and persecuted for Jesus' sake by the "wise" of a fallen, perishing world. Yea, lo, verily, for it has been written...

http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=skeptic;id=1;url=http%3A%2F%2Fthe-anointed-one%2Ecom%2FBBU84%2Fbiblicalstupidity%2Fhome%2Ehtm

evince
07-30-2018, 04:34 PM

Does the womans life matter?

or just fetuses

even when illegal abortion never stops

why not do what actually keeps its numbers Down

free womens reproductive care

that would be a good thing for churches to pay for huh

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 06:55 PM

not worth the time.......its all bullshit......

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 06:56 PM
i understand that that crap was drilled into your brain as a child and to question was the worst thing in the wold one can do

Sadand yet I provided proof from secular sources and you provided shit dripping off your upper lip.......sorry.....

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 06:58 PM
To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

understandable considering the "scholarship" of the folks you like to quote.......why don't you research some folks besides atheists who have to rely on each other as sources.......you know, perhaps someone who actually has studied the issue......

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Why does Christianity need an entire industry called Apologetics to try to explain away its inconsistencies

probably because there are so many atheists lying about Christianity......did you know some idiot tried to claim there were parallels between Jesus and Horus just last week?........and when I proved that everything he said was a lie he didn't even bother to defend it?........he just turned around and said the same stupid shit on another thread........

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 07:05 PM

what do you have to defend your claim that Horus had a virgin birth?.......wiki said you were lying about that, remember?.....

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 07:21 PM
what do you have to defend your claim that Horus had a virgin birth?.......wiki said you were lying about that, remember?.....

Poor PMP furiously pecking on the keyboard tying to save the jesus myth

Jack
07-30-2018, 07:39 PM
not worth the time.......its all bullshit......

Let me help. Christianity was the Jewish response to Roman Conquest. if you like living, Submit.

Jack
07-30-2018, 07:42 PM
and yet I provided proof from secular sources and you provided shit dripping off your upper lip.......sorry.....

Did you know, some people say 'Jesus' was a made up person? Outside the Bible, there is no mention of him. You'd think such a great individual would have Scholars and Historians documenting his life.

Leonthecat
07-30-2018, 07:42 PM

You are insane.

Leonthecat
07-30-2018, 07:45 PM
Poor PMP furiously pecking on the keyboard trying to save the jesus myth

PmP is desperate that he may learn the truth, that no one can live forever.

Jack
07-30-2018, 07:50 PM
Leon: "a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

Do you believe guno is 'racist'? He seems to have a habit of calling others 'Goyim', ... and referring to them as 'pork-gobblers'.
Like, 'Nigger want a watermelon'. I'm sure you are unbiased, so, just curious?

Jack
07-30-2018, 08:00 PM
Leon: "a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

In a previous conversation, guno asked me "Goyim want a pork treat". Do you see this as similar to CFM asking me "Nigger want a watermelon"?

Are you really a 'Racist Hunter', or just pretend to be?

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Poor PMP furiously pecking on the keyboard tying to save the jesus myth

/watches guano writhe in ignorance......

Jack
07-30-2018, 08:14 PM

I've heard this from more than one source. How come 'Jesus' is never mentioned in any of the Egyptian, Greek, Roman Histories? Seems a bit odd?

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 08:17 PM
https://pics.me.me/the-only-thing-white-people-invented-was-jesus-christ-if-13934128.png

Minister of Truth
07-30-2018, 08:21 PM
Does the womans life matter?

or just fetuses

even when illegal abortion never stops

why not do what actually keeps its numbers Down

free womens reproductive care

that would be a good thing for churches to pay for huh

Access is already easy, yet the killings continue, because leftists just like killing babies. A lot.

Minister of Truth
07-30-2018, 08:22 PM
https://pics.me.me/the-only-thing-white-people-invented-was-jesus-christ-if-13934128.png

Christ had already been gone for about three centuries. The authors of those gospels were not white people.

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 08:26 PM

Jesus – The Imaginary Friend

Christianity was the ultimate product of religious syncretism in the ancient world. Its emergence owed nothing to a holy carpenter. There were many Jesuses but the fable was a cultural construct.

The nativity yarn is a concatenation of nonsense. The genealogies of Jesus, both Matthew's version and Luke's, are pious fiction. Nazareth did not exist in the 1st century AD – the area was a burial ground of rock-cut tombs.

With multiple authors behind the original gospel story it is no surprise that the figure of "Jesus" is a mess of contradictions. Yet the story is so thinly drawn that being a "good Christian" might mean almost anything.

The 12 disciples are as fictitious as their master, invented to legitimise the claims of the early churches. The original Mary was not a virgin, that idea was borrowed from pagan goddesses. The pagan world knew all about virgins getting pregnant by randy gods: The Mythical "Virgin Mother".

Scholars have known all this for more than 200 years but priestcraft is a highly profitable business and finances an industry of deceit to keep the show on the road.

"Jesus better documented than any other ancient figure"? Don't believe a word of it. Unlike the mythical Jesus, a real historical figure like Julius Caesar has a mass of mutually supporting evidence.

The case for a mythical Jesus – Nailing Jesus. Book review: Ehrman - Did Jesus Exist? Popular scholar recoils from the abyss. A rescue mission for the "Jesus of history" – The New Apologists

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 08:31 PM
I like to quote atheists......I don't care what they say, just so they're atheists.

Guno צְבִי
07-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Bible scholars to present newly found ancient confessions proving Jesus story was made up

American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill will be appearing before the British public for the first time in London on the 19th of October to present a controversial new discovery: ancient confessions recently uncovered now prove, according to Atwill, that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they fabricated the entire story of Jesus Christ. His presentation will be part of a one-day symposium entitled “Covert Messiah” at Conway Hall in Holborn (full details can be found at http://www.covertmessiah.com).

Although to many scholars his theory seems outlandish, and is sure to upset some believers, Atwill regards his evidence as conclusive and is confident its acceptance is only a matter of time. “I present my work with some ambivalence, as I do not want to directly cause Christians any harm,” he acknowledges, “but this is important for our culture. Alert citizens need to know the truth about our past so we can understand how and why governments create false histories and false gods. They often do it to obtain a social order that is against the best interests of the common people.”

Atwill asserts that Christianity did not really begin as a religion, but a sophisticated government project, a kind of propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire. “Jewish sects in Palestine at the time, who were waiting for a prophesied warrior Messiah, were a constant source of violent insurrection during the first century,” he explains. “When the Romans had exhausted conventional means of quashing rebellion, they switched to psychological warfare. They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system. That’s when the ‘peaceful’ Messiah story was invented. Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to ‘give onto Caesar’ and pay their taxes to Rome.”

Was Jesus based on a real person from history? “The short answer is no,” Atwill insists, “in fact he may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there’s simply nothing left.”

http://originalpeople.org/bible-scholars-present-newly-ancient-confessions-proving-jesus-story/

All that is left for christians are their delusions

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 08:43 PM
American Biblical scholar Joseph Atwill

dude......seriously?.....

Education
In youth, Atwill studied Greek, Latin and the Bible at St. Mary's Military Academy, a Jesuit-run school in Japan. In college, he studied computer science. [2]
http://www.eoht.info/page/Joseph+Atwill

this guy has no credentials to be considered a scholar in any field.....
stfu......

he claims to have educated himself with 150,000 hours of research.......(150,000 divided by an eight hour day divided by a 365 day year means he has devoted over 51 years to studying the issue)....since he was born in 1950 he must have started when he was 17 and has done nothing else since.......

Jack
07-30-2018, 08:53 PM
PMP. No one is suggesting you abandon your Cult. Just realize that the normal people of the world view you and the other Cultists as anomalies. Continue to lead your existence but try and refrain from contaminating your children with falsehoods.

PostmodernProphet
07-30-2018, 08:59 PM
lol.....guano is jack's spokesman and he's worried about MY falsehoods.....

Jack
07-30-2018, 09:06 PM
lol.....guano is jack's spokesman and he's worried about MY falsehoods.....

You believe in a 'Man-God'. And Magic. Even Thomas Jefferson didn't believe all that crap.

"The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, refers to one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine.[2][3][4][5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

This used to be passed out to new Congressmen a 100 years ago. It views Jesus as a 'Philosopher'. Not some 'Magical Being' as you view him.

Minister of Truth
07-30-2018, 09:37 PM
You believe in a 'Man-God'. And Magic. Even Thomas Jefferson didn't believe all that crap.

"The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, refers to one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine.[2][3][4][5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

This used to be passed out to new Congressmen a 100 years ago. It views Jesus as a 'Philosopher'. Not some 'Magical Being' as you view him.

It's also irrelevant, because Jefferson took the excerpts from a text that does portray Jesus as divine, and as a worker of miracles. It wouldn't make sense for someone to praise His philosophy if the gospel accounts are mere nonsense.

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:26 AM
It's also irrelevant, because Jefferson took the excerpts from a text that does portray Jesus as divine, and as a worker of miracles. It wouldn't make sense for someone to praise His philosophy if the gospel accounts are mere nonsense.

That is EXACTLY what Jefferson is doing. He is stripping away ALL the 'magical' stuff and just presenting Jesus as a man, a Philosopher. It's EASY to see the Bible as a philosophical view of the world, how one man views humanity and how humanity should live. No one needs "He can walk on water!" to contemplate what Jesus is promoting. It's like supporters of Kim Jong-Un believe Kim hit 3 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at Golf.
I look at 'Christianity' as a slave religion. "Turn the other cheek", I don't subscribe to that. "The Last shall be First", another lie to force subjugation. "Give Caesar what is Caesar's", another quip to enforce compliance. It has interesting concepts, the Good Samaritan helping a stranger, I like that. Looking at it from a 'philosophical' view is the sane way to view the Bible. Viewing it as a 'historical' document as far as the events and the culture of that time and place is worthy. All the 'magical' parts, ... that's just laughable, especially here in the 21st century.
The Jefferson Bible ends when Jesus dies. There's no "And Jesus floated off into the sky like a hydrogen ballon on a calm day" part at the end.

Just my opinion. I support groups like the Amish to live in THEIR world, THEIR Reality. I have no problem with religious cultists like Grugore and PMP living in Society, ... as long as they don't interfere with the rest of the NORMAL people. Oh, ... this also includes 'guno', who would try and deny me my 'bacon and eggs' in the morning!

Frank Apisa
07-31-2018, 03:31 AM
EVERYONE:

We do not know if any gods exist. We do not know if there are no gods. We do not know if someone named Jesus who inspired the stories told in the New Testament existed.

We can only guess...and for the most part...the guesses we are making are based on the guesses of others and are, essentially, blind guesses.

Wouldn't it make the issue at hand a more logical and sensible one if everyone who makes those guesses...preceded what they had to say with the words, "It is my blind guess that....?"

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 03:39 AM
That is EXACTLY what Jefferson is doing. He is stripping away ALL the 'magical' stuff and just presenting Jesus as a man, a Philosopher. It's EASY to see the Bible as a philosophical view of the world, how one man views humanity and how humanity should live. No one needs "He can walk on water!" to contemplate what Jesus is promoting. It's like supporters of Kim Jong-Un believe Kim hit 3 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at Golf.
I look at 'Christianity' as a slave religion. "Turn the other cheek", I don't subscribe to that. "The Last shall be First", another lie to force subjugation. "Give Caesar what is Caesar's", another quip to enforce compliance. It has interesting concepts, the Good Samaritan helping a stranger, I like that. Looking at it from a 'philosophical' view is the sane way to view the Bible. Viewing it as a 'historical' document as far as the events and the culture of that time and place is worthy. All the 'magical' parts, ... that's just laughable, especially here in the 21st century.
The Jefferson Bible ends when Jesus dies. There's no "And Jesus floated off into the sky like a hydrogen ballon on a calm day" part at the end.

Just my opinion. I support groups like the Amish to live in THEIR world, THEIR Reality. I have no problem with religious cultists like Grugore and PMP living in Society, ... as long as they don't interfere with the rest of the NORMAL people. Oh, ... this also includes 'guno', who would try and deny me my 'bacon and eggs' in the morning!

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense to accept philosophy from a source that is specifically intending to teach theology (what it calls the way and the truth) and not a secular, philosophical view of the world.

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:40 AM
Oh, c'mon Frank. Some people 'know' God exists and others 'know' he doesn't. Why do you want to bring common sense to these people???

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 03:44 AM

when did I say you couldn't gobble pork?

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:46 AM
Yeah, it still doesn't make sense to accept philosophy from a source that is specifically intending to teach theology (what it calls the way and the truth) and not a secular, philosophical view of the world.

The Jefferson Bible is NOT theological. TJ took a lot of time and effort to hand cut EVERY reference to 'the occult' out of the Bible and just present Jesus as a Philosopher. No one has to 'accept' what Jesus said, you don't have to accept what Karl Marx or Epicurus said. It's just a philosophy from another person.

RB 60
07-31-2018, 03:46 AM

Since I do not "interfere" with you, why do you consider me abnormal?

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:47 AM
when did I say you couldn't gobble pork?

You seem as though you see that as a 'sin', and probably once in Power, deny me my 'bacon and eggs'. :(

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:49 AM
Since I do not "interfere" with you, why do you consider me abnormal?

If you do not interfere, why would I consider you abnormal? (is that the question?)

RB 60
07-31-2018, 03:50 AM
If you do not interfere, why would I consider you abnormal? (is that the question?)

Just wondering what you consider "NORMAL people."

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:56 AM
Just wondering what you consider "NORMAL people."

Most people DON'T really believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. But they are fun and interesting vestiges from our common Past. Like Europe, Russia, China and the rest of the Developed World, religion is tolerated as remnants of our shared history.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 03:59 AM
The Jefferson Bible is NOT theological. TJ took a lot of time and effort to hand cut EVERY reference to 'the occult' out of the Bible and just present Jesus as a Philosopher. No one has to 'accept' what Jesus said, you don't have to accept what Karl Marx or Epicurus said. It's just a philosophy from another person.

Yeah, I was referring to Jefferson.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 04:00 AM
Most people DON'T really believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. But they are fun and interesting vestiges from our common Past. Like Europe, Russia, China and the rest of the Developed World, religion is tolerated as remnants of our shared history.

Well, Russia and China got overrun by Marxists, which is why religion suffered in those places.

Jack
07-31-2018, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I was referring to Jefferson.

That's the 'Bible' without the 'superstitious' stuff.

Jack
07-31-2018, 04:04 AM
Well, Russia and China got overrun by Marxists, which is why religion suffered in those places.

So we can agree that when South America got 'run over' with the Spanish and Portuguese that's when religion was promoted. ... by the Caliph in Rome.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 04:06 AM
That's the 'Bible' without the 'superstitious' stuff.

IOW, it's not the Bible, at all.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 04:07 AM
So we can agree that when South America got 'run over' with the Spanish and Portuguese that's when religion was promoted. ... by the Caliph in Rome.

Something like that. Except that the bishop in Rome wasn't some faggoty Muslim.

RB 60
07-31-2018, 04:09 AM

Not much of a clarification, but oh well...

Jack
07-31-2018, 04:16 AM
IOW, it's not the Bible, at all.

It's the words of Jesus. Do you think the various Writers of the Bible may have 'spruced up' what they wrote?

Jack
07-31-2018, 04:18 AM
Something like that. Except that the bishop in Rome wasn't some faggoty Muslim.

hahahaha ... I was going to say 'some faggoty Christian' but will refrain because I know not of his sexuality, I have a guess, but will still refrain.

Jack
07-31-2018, 04:20 AM
Not much of a clarification, but oh well...

Did the best I could.

iewitness
07-31-2018, 05:22 AM
Mr. Grugore, I hope this thread has taught you the lesson of casting pearls to swine. Jpp is largely a forum of heathens. Jpp is not the place for legitimate spiritual discussion. Whenever legitimate spiritual discourse has begun, the damned will make it an opportunity to blaspheme the Holy name of Jesus. The damned are cut off from understanding and it is foolish to cast precious pearls of wisdom and understanding before these beasts.

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 05:33 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

so your argument is that both you and Jefferson have lied about what the scriptures say........okay......

I look at 'Christianity' as a slave religion.
you aren't the first ignorant person to say so........you are free, as is guano, to wallow in your own beliefs.....

Jack
07-31-2018, 06:48 AM
so your argument is that both you and Jefferson have lied about what the scriptures say........okay......

you aren't the first ignorant person to say so........you are free, as is guano, to wallow in your own beliefs.....

I mentioned the 'Jefferson Bible' as a way to look at the Bible as a 'Philosophical' expression. Without all the 'occult' stuff that clouds the message. Cluttering the words of Jesus with 'magic' stuff doesn't enhance the message, it does just the opposite.

We all have our own Beliefs, that's what is nice about political forums, we can share our Beliefs. guno has his view (calling others 'Goyim' and 'pork gobblers') distilled from his religious upbringing, I have mine, and you have yours that were probably instilled in you as a very young person.

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 07:01 AM
You seem as though you see that as a 'sin', and probably once in Power, deny me my 'bacon and eggs'. :(

sin? pork gobbling?

Jack
07-31-2018, 07:06 AM
sin? pork gobbling?

Yes. You seem quite hung up on it. As though you were taught (like PMP) from an early age. How extensive was your religious upbringing? Do you still believe the Hebrews are the 'Chosen People'? Are you able to write the word 'God', or is that forbidden in your religion?

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 07:37 AM
Mr. Grugore, I hope this thread has taught you the lesson of casting pearls to swine. Jpp is largely a forum of heathens. Jpp is not the place for legitimate spiritual discussion. Whenever legitimate spiritual discourse has begun, the damned will make it an opportunity to blaspheme the Holy name of Jesus. The damned are cut off from understanding and it is foolish to cast precious pearls of wisdom and understanding before these beasts.

You mean casting education and knowledge at bible thumping pork gooblers

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 07:45 AM
Yes. You seem quite hung up on it. As though you were taught (like PMP) from an early age. How extensive was your religious upbringing? Do you still believe the Hebrews are the 'Chosen People'? Are you able to write the word 'God', or is that forbidden in your religion?

I can argue against the pork gobblers from an atheist perspective or a Jewish one, since the christians claim they derived from Judaism , it is very effective to argue from that perspective

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaQ8L2mTIfAta7AucCloLoogCgWGOi8 6Pa5XBwjCOBGagmcBVm

ah oh goyim!!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cf/fa/37/cffa372b7996ee26e5538d012a57d92e--pork-ham-bacon.jpg

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 08:09 AM
I mentioned the 'Jefferson Bible' as a way to look at the Bible as a 'Philosophical' expression. Without all the 'occult' stuff that clouds the message. Cluttering the words of Jesus with 'magic' stuff doesn't enhance the message, it does just the opposite.

I think you mean to say its a way to look at the Bible as Jefferson's philosophical expression......not very meaningful that way, is it......

Jack
07-31-2018, 08:10 AM
I can argue against the pork gobblers from an atheist perspective or a Jewish one, since the christians claim they derived from Judaism , it is very effective to argue from that perspective

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaQ8L2mTIfAta7AucCloLoogCgWGOi8 6Pa5XBwjCOBGagmcBVm

You seem to avoid my question. I'll assume you are still a devout Orthodox Jew.

guno: "I can argue against the pork gobblers from an atheist perspective or a Jewish one"
Jack: Cool. Go ahead. What's your problem with bacon and ham sandwiches?

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 08:10 AM

what do you pretend is effective about an irrational atheist's perspective?.......

Jack
07-31-2018, 08:15 AM
I think you mean to say its a way to look at the Bible as Jefferson's philosophical expression......not very meaningful that way, is it......

It's NOT Jefferson's POV. It is the words of Jesus. The 'occult' and 'magic' parts are deleted. It's a common sense approach to the philosophy of Jesus, if you're interested. Some people like the magic, the occult the voodoo involved. I guess that's fun. I know I like Halloween.

Jack
07-31-2018, 08:17 AM
what do you pretend is effective about an irrational atheist's perspective?.......

I doubt 'atheists' have a problem with pork.

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 08:23 AM
It's NOT Jefferson's POV. It is the words of Jesus.

???......no.....its all the words of Jesus that Jefferson thinks are okay......

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 08:33 AM
You seem to avoid my question. I'll assume you are still a devout Orthodox Jew.

guno: "I can argue against the pork gobblers from an atheist perspective or a Jewish one"
Jack: Cool. Go ahead. What's your problem with bacon and ham sandwiches?

Never was, all Jewish kids went to Hebrew school, after regular school, learned to read write and understand biblical Hebrew, By the time most Jewish kids reach 13 and had their bar mitzvah they have already rejected the mythology as fact or reality , but not the culture and people hood which stresses education and knowledge, there is no demand of "belief" in Judaism , the jew community comprises everything from orthodox to humanist (atheism)

Pork is one sign of the christians kulture, you may gobble it all you like

Jack
07-31-2018, 08:36 AM
???......no.....its all the words of Jesus that Jefferson thinks are okay......

It's the words of Jesus without the ridiculous side claims. It's about a 100 pages and available for about 10 bucks. You seem interested in the subject, you should buy it. Might be an interesting read for you?

Jack
07-31-2018, 08:51 AM
Never was, all Jewish kids went to Hebrew school, after regular school, learned to read write and understand biblical Hebrew, By the time most Jewish kids reach 13 and had their bar mitzvah they have already rejected the mythology as fact or reality , but not the culture and people hood which stresses education and knowledge, there is no demand of "belief" in Judaism , the jew community comprises everything from orthodox to humanist (atheism)

Pork is one sign of the christians kulture, you may gobble it all you like

guno: "all Jewish kids went to Hebrew school".
Jack: Secular Jews don't go to 'Hebrew School', they assimilate into American society.

guno: "but not the culture and people hood"
Jack: Your 'culture' of calling people "Goyim' and 'pork gobblers' proves your bias.

Guno: "Pork is one sign of the christians kulture, you may gobble it all you like"
Jack: Notice how you phrase it as religious? You taut your Belief not as religious, but as 'culture'. Your 'culture' IS religious.

Like most religious types, you HATE other religious types. You can call it 'culture' to fool yourself, but you ARE a religious person.

I'll rephrase my original question: Does your 'culture' allow you to write the word 'God'? Does your 'culture' tell you the Hebrews are the 'Chosen People'?

Frank Apisa
07-31-2018, 08:59 AM

Nothing wrong with a blind guess that there is a god...but why anyone would want to blindly guess that the god "damns" people is beyond me. I do suspect, however, that fear of being "damned" is what prompts you poor jerks to claim to love this god...who doesn't even seem likeable...let alone lovable.

evince
07-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Access is already easy, yet the killings continue, because leftists just like killing babies. A lot.

more deaths actually happened when Abortion was illegal

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 09:30 AM
Jack, why would I waste my time and money reading about Jefferson's philosophy........its of no more value than your own.....

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 09:35 AM
guno: "all Jewish kids went to Hebrew school".
Jack: Secular Jews don't go to 'Hebrew School', they assimilate into American society.

guno: "but not the culture and people hood"
Jack: Your 'culture' of calling people "Goyim' and 'pork gobblers' proves your bias.

Guno: "Pork is one sign of the christians kulture, you may gobble it all you like"
Jack: Notice how you phrase it as religious? You taut your Belief not as religious, but as 'culture'. Your 'culture' IS religious.

Like most religious types, you HATE other religious types. You can call it 'culture' to fool yourself, but you ARE a religious person.

I'll rephrase my original question: Does your 'culture' allow you to write the word 'God'? Does your 'culture' tell you the Hebrews are the 'Chosen People'?

jack you are very ignorant on this

Jack
07-31-2018, 09:41 AM
jack you are very ignorant

hahahaha ... just expressing an opinion, Brother.

Hey, fun question. Did you know the Palestinians and the Israelis are hereditary matches? It's like they are each killing family members. I love watching religious people killing each other, it just shows how intelligent they are. Course, to YOU, it wouldn't be 'religious', it would be 'culture'.

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 10:16 AM
https://draxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/PorkArticleMeme.jpg

Behold the pork gobblers , they are what they eat

No matter how you think about it, pigs are rather dirty animals. They’re considered the garbage and waste eliminators of the farm, often eating literally anything they can find. This includes not only bugs, insects and whatever leftover scraps they find laying around, but also their own feces

https://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 10:55 AM
No matter how you think about it, pigs are rather dirty animals. They’re considered the garbage and waste eliminators of the farm, often eating literally anything they can find. This includes not only bugs, insects and whatever leftover scraps they find laying around, but also their own feces

???.....you eat your own feces and we don't hold you lower in our estimation because of it........of course, that's because you couldn't GET any lower in our estimation than you already are........

RB 60
07-31-2018, 10:59 AM
https://draxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/PorkArticleMeme.jpg

Behold the pork gobblers , they are what they eat

https://draxe.com/why-you-should-avoid-pork/

This post proves you know little about farming. Do you eat chicken?

Controlled Opposition
07-31-2018, 11:49 AM

guno needs a bacon cheeseburger.

Fentoine Lum
07-31-2018, 12:00 PM
Jack, why would I waste my time and money reading about Jefferson's philosophy........its of no more value than your own.....

Yeah, never figured you for a reader.

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 12:09 PM
you don't figure very well......

PostmodernProphet
07-31-2018, 12:10 PM
This post proves you know little about farming. Do you eat chicken?

he probably loves catfish......

Jack
07-31-2018, 01:30 PM
guno needs a bacon cheeseburger.

guno's 'culture' forbids it. (It has nothing to do with religion. :palm: )

Controlled Opposition
07-31-2018, 01:42 PM
guno's 'culture' forbids it. (It has nothing to do with religion. :palm: )

Agreed. Judaism is a cult. For many, it is also a political movement. I see little difference between guno and genocidal Nazis.

Jack
07-31-2018, 01:56 PM
Agreed. Judaism is a cult. For many, it is also a political movement. I see little difference between guno and genocidal Nazis.

hahahaha ...

guno is so Ethnic he can't see (or doesn't want to see) how much of a religious person he is. He likes to cloak his religion in 'culture'.

1. I've asked him twice about writing the word 'God' (which religious Jews are forbidden to do) and he becomes paralyzed.
2. I've asked him twice about Hebrews being the 'Chosen People'? He refuses to answer because then that would expose his hypocrisy. See, religious Jews believe their God when he told them that, but guno can't fess up because that would mean he is a religious Jew.

Religious people are Hateful, guno is filled with Hate, guno IS a religious person.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 03:24 PM
It's the words of Jesus. Do you think the various Writers of the Bible may have 'spruced up' what they wrote?

No, although John clearly wrote his gospel account with an audience in mind, while the other three largely wrote with just the intention of recording their experiences.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Many more deaths happen every day in the present.

Jack
07-31-2018, 03:32 PM
No, although John clearly wrote his gospel account with an audience in mind, while the other three largely wrote with just the intention of recording their experiences.

I can easily accept a person's philosophy. I may or may not agree with it, but I can try and see his point of view. If somebody tries to shroud the philosophy in 'mysticism' I became suspect as to how valid the 'philosophy' really is. It then becomes more about believing in Magic and the Supernatural.

Minister of Truth
07-31-2018, 03:38 PM
I can easily accept a person's philosophy. I may or may not agree with it, but I can try and see his point of view. If somebody tries to shroud the philosophy in 'mysticism' I became suspect as to how valid the 'philosophy' really is. It then becomes more about believing in Magic and the Supernatural.

Well, the philosophy of the New Testament is basically "I am the prophesied messiah, who came down from heaven to spread the truth about my nature and to atone for the errors of mankind." Not really sure how much value that provides to non-believers.

domer76
07-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Well, the philosophy of the New Testament is basically "I am the prophesied messiah, who came down from heaven to spread the truth about my nature and to atone for the errors of mankind." Not really sure how much value that provides to non-believers.

About the same value as Santa Claus

Guno צְבִי
07-31-2018, 09:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sbeU9lh1Rs

Mason Michaels
07-31-2018, 09:35 PM

Yossarian had that very conversation with a woman in Catch 22!

Controlled Opposition
07-31-2018, 11:00 PM
guno, thanks for the video. You are preaching to the choir. The smartest person I know in real life has a Ph.D. in psychology. While he is what I call a "social Christian," he has long acknowledged that the difference between us, when it comes to religion, is the way our brains are wired.

Frank Apisa
08-01-2018, 03:07 AM
Anyone who thinks that a person who does not guess there is a god...would/should not be arguing about/discussing the issue...

...IS NOT ACTUALLY THINKING.

It is a stupid notion.

Some people blindly guess there is at least one god.

Some people blindly guess there are no gods.

It makes for interesting, if often humorous, discussion.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2018, 05:44 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

the spruced up stuff got put in the Apocrypha or tossed completely........

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

not true.....the CDC reports more deaths from legal abortions since Roe v Wade than there were from illegal abortions in the years just before it.......the days of massive deaths from illegal abortions ended with penicillin and in truth were on a par with deaths from childbirth even then.......

Jack
08-01-2018, 08:49 AM
the spruced up stuff got put in the Apocrypha or tossed completely........

You enjoy the Magic Stuff. You like the 'walking on water', the 'turning water into wine', the 'curing the blind to see again' parts. You probably like the 'dress up' part with the elaborate costumes, the headdresses, the flowing robes. You probably get chills walking into the Cathedrals with their massive arches, stained glass windows, the tapestry of the golden Crosses, the Goblets, the Amulets, the assorted Saints adorning the room.

Like guno, ... it is your 'culture'.

PostmodernProphet
08-01-2018, 09:02 AM
letting blind people see is cool.......you could clearly benefit.......and I do like stained glass.....did a bit of that in my younger days......beyond that I'm pretty much content with my role as prophet, telling you folks when you fuck things up.......

Ralph
08-01-2018, 09:25 AM

It is the duty of each and every person to work out their own salvation. God simply provided the plan and the blueprint from the beginning before there was even a reality. You can accept or reject that plan at your own peril. Its not rocket science. If you actually demand to know what was actually revealed you seek information from the source of all Christian Doctrine....the Holy Scriptures. Its no different than researching any other subject in which one wants to find enlightenment/knowledge. Just study.

Here is the plan revealed at its source. We are informed in the revealed and written Word of God that God established a plan of salvation to be offered to everyone through the birth, life, death and resurrection of His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus ….even before TIME ITSELF BEGAN (2 Tim. 1:9) We are told in the Word of God that this plan was hidden for a time from mankind until the time was correct to reveal it to everyone (Eph. 3:5,6)….. and it was hidden even from the prophets of old who foretold of this plan but did not comprehend its fullness (1 Peter 1:1-12).

We are told in the Word of God that the plan was revealed at the proper time (Eph. 3:5, 1 Peter 1:12). We are also told that when we read about this plan, its a simple plan and can be understood by everyone who but reads it (Eph. 3:4).

We are commanded to understand the will of God. (unless you are delusional and He talks directly to you......you will understand the will of God only through reading the Word that was inspired by His Holy Spirit....the Word of God/the Holy Scriptures). -- Eph 5:17 This is how the Holy Spirit dwells in your heart......your read and maintain the Words inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit then lives within you.

God desires that everyone be saved.....that no one be lost but come to the knowledge of the truth through their own free will. (2 Tim. 2:3,4).

The only way one can stay ignorant and uninformed about this plan of salvation...….is....one never, TRULY reads it with an open mind. Its like the ole axiom. You can lead a horse to water.....yada, yada, yada.

Anyone's rejection of this plan....is not my problem....but theirs. To be foretold is to be forewarned. How does another's LACK OF FAITH based upon bigoted ignorance....effect MY FAITH based upon perceived knowledge? It does not.

Grugore
08-01-2018, 09:47 AM
It is the duty of each and every person to work out their own salvation. God simply provided the plan and the blueprint from the beginning before there was even a reality. You can accept or reject that plan at your own peril. Its not rocket science. If you actually demand to know what was actually revealed you seek information from the source of all Christian Doctrine....the Holy Scriptures. Its no different than researching any other subject in which one wants to find enlightenment/knowledge. Just study.

Here is the plan revealed at its source. We are informed in the revealed and written Word of God that God established a plan of salvation to be offered to everyone through the birth, life, death and resurrection of His only begotten Son, Christ Jesus ….even before TIME ITSELF BEGAN (2 Tim. 1:9) We are told in the Word of God that this plan was hidden for a time from mankind until the time was correct to reveal it to everyone (Eph. 3:5,6)….. and it was hidden even from the prophets of old who foretold of this plan but did not comprehend its fullness (1 Peter 1:1-12).

We are told in the Word of God that the plan was revealed at the proper time (Eph. 3:5, 1 Peter 1:12). We are also told that when we read about this plan, its a simple plan and can be understood by everyone who but reads it (Eph. 3:4).

We are commanded to understand the will of God. (unless you are delusional and He talks directly to you......you will understand the will of God only through reading the Word that was inspired by His Holy Spirit....the Word of God/the Holy Scriptures). -- Eph 5:17 This is how the Holy Spirit dwells in your heart......your read and maintain the Words inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit then lives within you.

God desires that everyone be saved.....that no one be lost but come to the knowledge of the truth through their own free will. (2 Tim. 2:3,4).

The only way one can stay ignorant and uninformed about this plan of salvation...….is....one never, TRULY reads it with an open mind. Its like the ole axiom. You can lead a horse to water.....yada, yada, yada.

Anyone's rejection of this plan....is not my problem....but theirs. To be foretold is to be forewarned. How does another's LACK OF FAITH based upon bigoted ignorance....effect MY FAITH based upon perceived knowledge? It does not.
There will be no excuses on judgement day.

Jack
08-01-2018, 09:56 AM

Unless, of course, ... there is no Judgement Day.

I like the Philosophy of Epicurus,

"Epicureanism is a system of philosophy based on the teachings of Epicurus, founded around 307 B.C. It teaches that the greatest good is to seek modest pleasures in order to attain a state of tranquillity, freedom from fear ("ataraxia") and absence from bodily pain ("aponia"). This combination of states is held to constitute happiness in its highest form, and so Epicureanism can be considered a form of Hedonism, although it differs in its conception of happiness as the absence of pain, and in its advocacy of a simple life."
https://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_epicureanism.html

Frank Apisa
08-01-2018, 09:57 AM

So...it is the duty of every person to work out their salvation...from the wrath of the disgusting god? And the god has a plan for how to do it...which is: To do exactly what the god wants you to do!

Fuck man...that was the same plan Saddam Hussein had in place for "salvation" from his wrath. And Mao...and Stalin...and Caligula...and every other nut case dictator.

Don't get me wrong...I understand why you people are so shit scared of this "god."

Good luck with the bullshit you are throwing its way.

Ralph
08-01-2018, 11:32 AM
So...it is the duty of every person to work out their salvation...from the wrath of the disgusting god? And the god has a plan for how to do it...which is: To do exactly what the god wants you to do!

Fuck man...that was the same plan Saddam Hussein had in place for "salvation" from his wrath. And Mao...and Stalin...and Caligula...and every other nut case dictator.

Don't get me wrong...I understand why you people are so shit scared of this "god."

Good luck with the bullshit you are throwing its way.

As I said....just how does your lack of faith based upon your bigoted ignorance effect MY FAITH constructed upon perceived knowledge? It does not. The truth is there for everyone....it reads the same, you can accept the wisdom or reject it, its YOUR SOUL that you must answer for.....I am to answer for my own. Why do I bother to respond to the ignorant bigots? It is a commandment revealed by the Holy Spirit of God in scripture, "But sanctify the Lord God in your heart, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone that asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." -- 1 Peter 3:15.

Why does that hope remain in my heart in spite of bigots such as yourself? We are taught to PROVE ALL THINGS (1 Thess 5:2122)…….and be able to discern between good and evil (Heb. 5:14)…..If the evidence (even prima facie evidence...truth beyond the reason of doubt) finds something to be true we must embrace and hold fast in defense thereof -- Jude 3. If the evidence is found to prove something false we must expose and reject it (1 Tim. 1:18-20, Titus 1:13-14).

We are commanded to have no fellowship with individuals such as yourself...but the lies are to be exposed via the truth found within the Word of God (Eph. 5:11). The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit....the only weapon (in a spiritual manner.....used in spiritual combat for the souls of men) Christians are mandated to use. The Word of God (Scripture) is the most important source for all truth....Truth that we are commanded to be SANCTIFIED IN (John 17:17)...we are commanded to abide in those words (John 8:31-32)…..Proverbs say it best with no ambiguity "Buy the truth, do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding." -- Prov. 23:23.

As was stated. Your bigoted ignorance of the actual content of the Holy Scriptures effects my KNOWLEGE BASED FAITH...how? It does not because it does not have the power to effect the simple truth, as the Truth has already set me free from the sticks and stones of those who would crucify that truth on their secular cross.

Frank Apisa
08-01-2018, 11:40 AM
As I said....just how does your lack of faith based upon your bigoted ignorance effect MY FAITH constructed upon perceived knowledge? It does not. The truth is there for everyone....it reads the same, you can accept the wisdom or reject it, its YOUR SOUL that you must answer for.....I am to answer for my own. Why do I bother to respond to the ignorant bigots? It is a commandment revealed by the Holy Spirit of God in scripture, "But sanctify the Lord God in your heart, and always be ready to give a defense to anyone that asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." -- 1 Peter 3:15.

Why does that hope remain in my heart in spite of bigots such as yourself? We are taught to PROVE ALL THINGS (1 Thess 5:2122)…….and be able to discern between good and evil (Heb. 5:14)…..If the evidence (even prima facie evidence...truth beyond the reason of doubt) finds something to be true we must embrace and hold fast in defense thereof -- Jude 3. If the evidence is found to prove something false we must expose and reject it (1 Tim. 1:18-20, Titus 1:13-14).

We are commanded to have no fellowship with individuals such as yourself...but the lies are to be exposed via the truth found within the Word of God (Eph. 5:11). The Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit....the only weapon (in a spiritual manner.....used in spiritual combat for the souls of men) Christians are mandated to use. The Word of God (Scripture) is the most important source for all truth....Truth that we are commanded to be SANCTIFIED IN (John 17:17)...we are commanded to abide in those words (John 8:31-32)…..Proverbs say it best with no ambiguity "Buy the truth, do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding." -- Prov. 23:23.

As was stated. Your bigoted ignorance of the actual content of the Holy Scriptures effects my KNOWLEGE BASED FAITH...how? It does not because it does not have the power to effect the simple truth, as the Truth has already set me free from the sticks and stones of those who would crucify that truth on their secular cross.

So...uhhhh...does that translate to, "I agree with what you said, Frank"...or to, "I disagree with what you said, Frank?"

Ralph
08-01-2018, 11:48 AM
So...uhhhh...does that translate to, "I agree with what you said, Frank"...or to, "I disagree with what you said, Frank?"

Exactly: Perhaps you have pointed out the problem of your ignorance and bigotry. The inability to comprehend simple English Text. ;) Really you don't comprehend it when someone calls you a liar to your face? Why? It was accomplished with meekness. You have proven nothing in Scripture to be false....why? The truth is not subject to objective refutation.

Fentoine Lum
08-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Exactly: Perhaps you have pointed out the problem of your ignorance and bigotry. The inability to comprehend simple English Text. ;) Really you don't comprehend it when someone calls you a liar to your face? Why? It was accomplished with meekness. You have proven nothing in Scripture to be false....why? The truth is not subject to objective refutation.

Religion is not subject to objectivity at all, that's rather the point. Faith is the purposeful suspension of critical thinking.

Ralph
08-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Religion is not subject to objectivity at all, that's rather the point. Faith is the purposeful suspension of critical thinking.

Of course there is no Objectivity to a Calendar beginning with the Birth of the Savior.....there is no objective evidence of faith in the actual history of the United States....on the secular use of the god of this world (currency) being marked with the words, IN GOD WE TRUST. And it there is no objectivity in placing one's hand on the Holy Bible when taking an oath of office to serve THE PEOPLE. Its all just an illusion. :laugh: But you might have a point.....there is hardly any CRITICAL THINKING taking place after having sworn that oath of office in DC. ;) The evidence is all around you....reject or accept it....its skin coming from your ass...not mine. :palm:

Fentoine Lum
08-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Of course there is no Objectivity to a Calendar beginning with the Birth of the Savior.....there is no objective evidence of faith in the actual history of the United States....on the secular use of the god of this world (currency) being marked with the words, IN GOD WE TRUST. And it there is no objectivity in placing one's hand on the Holy Bible when taking an oath of office to serve THE PEOPLE. Its all just an illusion. :laugh:

Ralph
08-01-2018, 12:11 PM

As pointed out. That's not what the scriptures declare. Faith is constructed upon the very objective Word of God.....Christian faith is anything but BLIND. Faith as described in scripture is based upon objective evidence. For instance: As much as you might kick and scream....the actual words of the Holy Scriptures are "OBJECTIVE" in nature...meaning they contain the same message for everyone that reads them. They are there for you to objectively read and refute if you can. Put them to the test prove one word to be wrong based upon history actual, science, or any objective means you think you might present. When you are though...….the scriptures will still remain unbroken as they have for the past 3500 years.

The words were written for the specific reason of constructing/building faith on a firm foundation. As the words written are presented as a TESTIMENT to events....presented by at least 3 eyewitnesses to the events mentioned. People are jailed everyday on such evidence in a court of law....eyewitness testimony.

"And truly Jesus did many other signs (miracles) in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book...but these are written that you might believe (construct faith) that Jesus is the Christ, The Son of God.....and believing you might have life in His name. -- John 20:30-31.

Faith is but a conviction. It can be based upon blind hope.....or it can be based upon objective evidences that have been historically witnessed. Example: You go out every morning and start your car/truck...etc., KNOWING (having faith) that it will start this time as it has every other time in the past....that faith is not blind....neither is Christian faith based upon the fact that the truth found in scripture has never been subject to refutation by any objective means.

CharacterAssassin
08-01-2018, 12:23 PM

If that's the case, you are well and truly fucked.

Phantasmal
08-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Well as long as we slaves all pity each other, then it worked the way religion is supposed to.
Opiate of the masses

CharacterAssassin
08-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Of course there is no Objectivity to a Calendar beginning with the Birth of the Savior.....there is no objective evidence of faith in the actual history of the United States....on the secular use of the god of this world (currency) being marked with the words, IN GOD WE TRUST. And it there is no objectivity in placing one's hand on the Holy Bible when taking an oath of office to serve THE PEOPLE. Its all just an illusion. :laugh: But you might have a point.....there is hardly any CRITICAL THINKING taking place after having sworn that oath of office in DC. ;) The evidence is all around you....reject or accept it....its skin coming from your ass...not mine. :palm:

You should really consider refraining from uses terms like 'critical thinking'.

And, no, no bible is necessary to legally swear an oath anywhere in the United States.

Please be less stupid.

Frank Apisa
08-01-2018, 01:02 PM

Obviously you need to look the word "sarcasm" up in a dictionary. Get back to me after you do.

Anyway...it is not up to me to prove anything in scripture to be wrong. I am not asserting that it is false. YOU, on the other hand, ARE asserting it to be true.

The burden of proof for that assertion is on you.

Why not bear that burden with a bit of dignity...if you can find any?

Frank Apisa
08-01-2018, 01:05 PM
As pointed out. That's not what the scriptures declare. Faith is constructed upon the very objective Word of God.....Christian faith is anything but BLIND. Faith as described in scripture is based upon objective evidence. For instance: As much as you might kick and scream....the actual words of the Holy Scriptures are "OBJECTIVE" in nature...meaning they contain the same message for everyone that reads them. They are there for you to objectively read and refute if you can. Put them to the test prove one word to be wrong based upon history actual, science, or any objective means you think you might present. When you are though...….the scriptures will still remain unbroken as they have for the past 3500 years.

The words were written for the specific reason of constructing/building faith on a firm foundation. As the words written are presented as a TESTIMENT to events....presented by at least 3 eyewitnesses to the events mentioned. People are jailed everyday on such evidence in a court of law....eyewitness testimony.

"And truly Jesus did many other signs (miracles) in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book...but these are written that you might believe (construct faith) that Jesus is the Christ, The Son of God.....and believing you might have life in His name. -- John 20:30-31.

Faith is but a conviction. It can be based upon blind hope.....or it can be based upon objective evidences that have been historically witnessed. Example: You go out every morning and start your car/truck...etc., KNOWING (having faith) that it will start this time as it has every other time in the past....that faith is not blind....neither is Christian faith based upon the fact that the truth found in scripture has never been subject to refutation by any objective means.

"FAITH"...is merely the insistence that "beliefs" (blind guesses about the unknown) are correct.

Faith is more closely related to "stone-headedness" than anything you mention about it.

kudzu
08-06-2018, 07:45 AM

Faith unexamined is really nothing at all.

kudzu
08-06-2018, 08:05 AM
letting blind people see is cool.......you could clearly benefit.......and I do like stained glass.....did a bit of that in my younger days......beyond that I'm pretty much content with my role as prophet, telling you folks when you fuck things up.......

Its important to remember that Jesus was an observant Jew.

All Jews considered themselves sons of God, after all, they were children of Israel.

When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. Hosea 11.1 Hosea is referring to the supposed exodus under the supposed Moses.

Guno צְבִי
08-06-2018, 08:14 AM
hahahaha ...

guno is so Ethnic he can't see (or doesn't want to see) how much of a religious person he is. He likes to cloak his religion in 'culture'.

1. I've asked him twice about writing the word 'God' (which religious Jews are forbidden to do) and he becomes paralyzed.
2. I've asked him twice about Hebrews being the 'Chosen People'? He refuses to answer because then that would expose his hypocrisy. See, religious Jews believe their God when he told them that, but guno can't fess up because that would mean he is a religious Jew.

Religious people are Hateful, guno is filled with Hate, guno IS a religious person.

Pork gobbling is the sign of savages

It carries diseases: Such diseases are also easily transmittable from pigs to humans, as indeed is still the case with flu and other viruses.

It spreads filth: Pigs wallow in the muck and eat revolting things such as their own feces. Were Jews allowed to eat pork, they would raise pigs and thereby introduce filth into their homes.

PostmodernProphet
08-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Its important to remember that Jesus was an observant Jew.

it is even more important to remember that Jesus was God, Incarnate and died on the cross to save you from your sins.......after that, him being an observant Jew is pretty much a m'eh.......

kudzu
08-06-2018, 08:22 AM
it is even more important to remember that Jesus was God, Incarnate and died on the cross to save you from your sins.......after that, him being an observant Jew is pretty much a m'eh.......

Most Christians didn't think so until the forth century or so.

Jack
08-06-2018, 08:25 AM
the pork gobbling is the sign of savages

If that is what your God told you, ... who am I to disagree?

Jack
08-06-2018, 08:28 AM

Uh ... couldn't your God and guno's God get married or something and then everything could be cool with everybody?