PDA

View Full Version : Obama throws gutter balls.

Cypress
04-01-2008, 07:57 PM
God God, is bowling a 37 even possible?

Actually, it's kind of a high five. Bowling is the lamest possible sport, and I'd be bummed if he was good at it. :clink:

Obama bowls a 37 in campaign stop

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080331/NEWS07/803310358&imw=Y

Thorn
04-02-2008, 11:02 AM
God God, is bowling a 37 even possible?

Actually, it's kind of a high five. Bowling is the lamest possible sport, and I'd be bummed if he was good at it. :clink:

They showed the scorecard on the Daily Show (?) last night; the 37 was for about 5 frames, perhaps 6. I don't know, bowling looks pretty easy until you try it. A bunch of us went one night while I was still in school; don't remember my score but I don't think the tour will be calling ... :o

If Obama has never bowled he was probably in the same position.

uscitizen
04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
The last time I went to a bowling alleya a few years ago they had rap music playing and strobes a going. No more for me. Bring back the good ol days of fat guys sporting rear cleavage :rolleyes:

Damocles
04-02-2008, 12:20 PM
The last time I went to a bowling alleya a few years ago they had rap music playing and strobes a going. No more for me. Bring back the good ol days of fat guys sporting rear cleavage :rolleyes:
You must have gone during "Midnight Madness".

I have actually never been to a bowling alley that has strobes a flashing...

I wouldn't stay long, nothing messes with congenital nystagmus more than flashing strobes.

cawacko
04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
They have new hip bowling alleys now with huge flat screen tv's, dj's and bars. I've only visited two but they both had good looking women. They take bowling to a whole nother level.

Obama looked coordinated enough that it would seem pretty hard to roll a 37 over 12 frames. 5 or 6 frames makes a lot more sense.

Cancel7
04-02-2008, 01:22 PM
They have new hip bowling alleys now with huge flat screen tv's, dj's and bars. I've only visited two but they both had good looking women. They take bowling to a whole nother level.

Obama looked coordinated enough that it would seem pretty hard to roll a 37 over 12 frames. 5 or 6 frames makes a lot more sense.

Topper has this weird fixation on bowling as if it was the pastime of trailer park people or something.

It's so weird. I think that bowling is fun, once in a while anyway.

Cancel7
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
You must have gone during "Midnight Madness".

I have actually never been to a bowling alley that has strobes a flashing...

I wouldn't stay long, nothing messes with congenital nystagmus more than flashing strobes.

What's congenital nystagmus? is that when you're a retard? Is that why you never write what you mean, and why you always misunderstand what other people write?

Has the mystery finally been solved!?!

Cypress
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
They showed the scorecard on the Daily Show (?) last night; the 37 was for about 5 frames, perhaps 6. I don't know, bowling looks pretty easy until you try it. A bunch of us went one night while I was still in school; don't remember my score but I don't think the tour will be calling ... :o

If Obama has never bowled he was probably in the same position.

Oh, 5 frames! That makes more sense. I didn't think a 37 was even mathematically possible, unless he rolled all gutter balls. Which might be possible!

I got a feeling that hoops is Obama's sport of choice.

Thorn
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh, 5 frames! That makes more sense. I didn't think a 37 was even mathematically possible, unless he rolled all gutter balls. Which might be possible!

I got a feeling that hoops is Obama's sport of choice.

Well actually one of the commentators suggested that he should stick to hoops, and Jon Stewart jokingly (?) said that was a racist comment! Did he not know that Obama has played basketball quite a bit? He's actually pretty good.

Damocles
04-02-2008, 03:00 PM
What's congenital nystagmus? is that when you're a retard? Is that why you never write what you mean, and why you always misunderstand what other people write?

Has the mystery finally been solved!?!
Google is your friend.

Here is a picture of it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Optokinetic_nystagmus.gif

It kind of sucks to have it, cops constantly think you are drunk because they see the eye movement.

Here is an article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nystagmus#Congenital

Cancel7
04-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh great, some condition. Now I am probably guilty of being un-pc.

I got pulled over by a cop yesterday for the first time since i was about 22 I guess. I was shocked. I always see them before they see me. I am losing it I guess.

Cypress
04-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Well actually one of the commentators suggested that he should stick to hoops, and Jon Stewart jokingly (?) said that was a racist comment! Did he not know that Obama has played basketball quite a bit? He's actually pretty good.

Yeah! I heard that Obama could light up the hoops at harvard.

But, c'mon it's HARVARD. How hard would it be to light up some geeks on the b-ball court?!

Minister of Truth
04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Bowling was my first love in life (age 4-7ish). My mom set up a lane for me in our basement (which was just concrete and insulation hanging from the ceiling back then) out of wallpaper that looked like an actual wooden lane floor, and I would set my plastic pins up on it. :) My mom actually bowled in a league back in the day and has a trophy.

But then baseball took over, and I have only bowled very occassionally since then. I had two or three bowling parties and some of my friends ripped off of me. Now when I bowl, I'm lucky to break 100, but I have never broken 140...