PDA

View Full Version : Because it's never too early to begin indoctrination!

Damocles
09-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Link here... (http://littledemocrats.net/)

WHY MOMMY IS A DEMOCRAT
A Different Kind of Children's Book

NOVA
09-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Amazing how similar it is to the Islamic nuts indoctrination of their children to the world of hate, bias, and intolerance....guess Democrats figure it was wroking in the colleges and grade schools...why not start them even younger....

IHateGovernment
09-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Take a look at this link specifically

http://littledemocrats.net/samples.html

These are sample pages.

The first one talks about how Democrats always share. Share? share what? Is this some kind of advocacy for communal ownership of property like in the family? What does that sound like.

The second says democrats keep us safe with the squirel mother keeping her children from being trampled by a lumbering elephant

Democrats make sure children get to go to school. I suppose the book means to portray the idea that they are the only ones providing education. Perhaps they should also show an illustration of the poor squireel who must attend a dilapidated school with other squirels toting guns since democrats also tend to oppose school vouchers.

This book is disgusting. Indoctrinating children in this way is 100% wrong.

When I was a junior in high school a bunch of us asked our teacher is she was a Democrat or Republican. She refused to answer. Later I recognized that she did not say because it would be wrong for her to influence our political affilation since she was seen as an authority figure. I respect that decision greatly. Apparently the authors of this book don't have the same decency.

Care4all
09-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Are you promoting the censorship of such books? :D

These are not placed in our school system and have to be BOUGHT by the parent of the young Democrat to be no? lol It's a free country right?

I don't know of anyone that would buy such a book to indoctrinate their children on politics while toddlers....or even in elementary school and more than likely, like me, not even in high school.... :(

my entire street is filled with Democrats with children and toddlers and I know of none that would EVER do that to their children!!!!!

It's a pretty sad state when it comes down to that imo.....

Damocles
09-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Truly. I've been looking for books like it on the other side. They have to exist...

IHateGovernment
09-17-2006, 10:49 AM
People are free to say whatever they want. I am equally free to criticize them for it.

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 11:04 AM
where is the page of the squieral aborting her baby squiral?

BRUTALITOPS
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
where is the page of democrats stealing money from those that do not want to give?

Egroeg
09-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Truly. I've been looking for books like it on the other side. They have to exist...
And why would you think that Republicans do this? They aren't the ones that are afraid that the word "God" mentioned on a coin is going to convert their children to Slobbering Chirst-Monsters! They aren't the ones that are afraid that saying "Under God" might make it a prayer and thus force a conversion! They aren't the ones the believe a block of cement with a group of Biblical Commandments on them is an edict of government!

Prakosh
09-17-2006, 12:23 PM
And why would you think that Republicans do this? They aren't the ones that are afraid that the word "God" mentioned on a coin is going to convert their children to Slobbering Chirst-Monsters! They aren't the ones that are afraid that saying "Under God" might make it a prayer and thus force a conversion! They aren't the ones the believe a block of cement with a group of Biblical Commandments on them is an edict of government!
\
Yep: Colorado Springs alright. I had a friend who lived there for a while before he took his children who were being accosted on every occasion by radical religious fundamentalists and immigrated to Canada. He finally couldnt take the direction that such groups as Focus on the Family with their belief in child beating as acceptable and the discipline of preference, where taking this country and after living in close proximity to that bunch and their followers he had had enough. He sincerely believed that they were out to take over the country and because of that and what he had witnessed there he just flat out decided he couldn't and wouldn't subject his offspring to that kind of serial warfare and radical so-called Chrisitianity being spread at drive in restaurants and on downtown streets.

Can't say I blame him. You can say what you want here but I won't eat this shit. You want to spread religion go to a religious site. Christ never advocated beating children, and St Paul with all his radical ideas is not Christ and is not to be a replacement for Christ. There was nothing conservative about Christ.

Egroeg
09-17-2006, 12:26 PM
\
Yep: Colorado Springs alright. I had a friend who lived there for a while before he took his children who were being accosted on every occasion by radical religious fundamentalists and immigrated to Canada. He finally couldnt take the direction that such groups as Focus on the Family with their belief in child beating as acceptable and the discipline of preference, where taking this country and after living in close proximity to that bunch and their followers he had had enough. He sincerely believed that they were out to take over the country and because of that and what he had witnessed there he just flat out decided he couldn't and wouldn't subject his offspring to that kind of serial warfare and radical so-called Chrisitianity being spread at drive in restaurants and on downtown streets.

Can't say I blame him. You can say what you want here but I won't eat this shit. You want to spread religion go to a religious site. Christ never advocated beating children, and St Paul with all his radical ideas is not Christ and is not to be a replacement for Christ. There was nothing conservative about Christ.
I notice that you didn't give one piece of evidence of Republicans writing indoctrination books like this one to indoctrinate them in to a political party. You just attempted desperately to insult my religion!

That is sad. I feel sorry for the inept. I always have.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 12:28 PM
"There was nothing conservative about Christ."

So you never read his social stances? What about marriage? I think you are just pretending that Christ cares about your political party, just like the RR does... You appear more and more like your "enemies" every day, Prakosh.

Egroeg
09-17-2006, 12:29 PM

So you never read his social stances? What about marriage? I think you are just pretending that Christ cares about your political party, just like the RR does... You appear more and more like your "enemies" every day, Prakosh.
Step out Buddhist! Let the Christians handle their own thing!

IHateGovernment
09-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Don't be that way man

Prakosh
09-17-2006, 01:20 PM

There you go again, with those assumptions saying that because someone is not conservative they have to be liberal. How could I read his social stances when he never wrote anything. As I understand it he was a revolutionary of sorts or was reputed to be. In which case he would not have been conservative. Are revolutionaries liberal, I don't know. Seems like the conservatives have really grabbed onto the founding fathers too, but from what we know about them they were revolutionaries, too. I don't know why we even have the word "revolutionary"--I guess they is no such thing--they are all just "liberals".

Or are revolutionaries different from liberals and conservatives?

I think Christ was reputed to have stayed out of politics and wasn't really interested in politics. He is reputed to have said that his kingdom was not of this earth. And he is reputed to have said something about giving to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's or something like that.

Personally, I have no problem with having God's name on money under modern capitalism, especially the American version, money is God and God is money. That is why it is so easy for these new age television evangelists, like that power of positive thinking minister/GURU from the mega-church that was formerly the Home of the San Antonio Spurs before becoming Christ's new home, to link God, wealth and just feeling good all together as if the wole thing about the rich man the camel and the eye of the needle was never said, and maybe it never was. As if Christ was all about wealth and exploitation of the earth's resources. If you can prove he was, from that book of mythology called the Bible based at least partially on his "so-called life" (wasn't that also a tv show with Clare Danes as the main character) go ahead, prove it.

I look at Christ more as a character in a book, written by others and from the stories in that book that I have read, he doesn't sound much like a conservative, he certainly doesn't seem to have thought much of money or money changers.

I don't know if the man even existed, and I don't know if he ascended to heaven, (but if he was a real man, I seriously doubt he did that, although it does tend to give credence to the heaven is up, hell is down mythical model, which I guess helps in some wierd way) since he wrote nothing himself, the only accounts of his life are from four of his so-called followers, that is, those who claim to have known him, and who have done quite well for themselves and their prodigy and appear to have created quite a following, although in radical disagreement historically and even today about the man and his theories. But if you think that I think Christ was liberal or a liberal because I said he wasn't conservative you are really caught in a bi-lateral mindset.

Myself again, I never really subscribed to that kind of either /or thinking. But if it works for you continue to use it, just don't pin it on me. Oh, and if you really want to be a good Christian and follow those Biblical precepts to the letter stay away from footballs.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 01:37 PM
There you go again, with those assumptions saying that because someone is not conservative they have to be liberal. How could I read his social stances when he never wrote anything. As I understand it he was a revolutionary of sorts or was reputed to be. In which case he would not have been conservative. Are revolutionaries liberal, I don't know. Seems like the conservatives have really grabbed onto the founding fathers too, but from what we know about them they were revolutionaries, too. I don't know why we even have the word "revolutionary"--I guess they is no such thing--they are all just "liberals".

Or are revolutionaries different from liberals and conservatives?

I think Christ was reputed to have stayed out of politics and wasn't really interested in politics. He is reputed to have said that his kingdom was not of this earth. And he is reputed to have said something about giving to Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's or something like that.

Personally, I have no problem with having God's name on money under modern capitalism, especially the American version, money is God and God is money. That is why it is so easy for these new age television evangelists, like that power of positive thinking minister/GURU from the mega-church that was formerly the Home of the San Antonio Spurs before becoming Christ's new home, to link God, wealth and just feeling good all together as if the wole thing about the rich man the camel and the eye of the needle was never said, and maybe it never was. As if Christ was all about wealth and exploitation of the earth's resources. If you can prove he was, from that book of mythology called the Bible based at least partially on his "so-called life" (wasn't that also a tv show with Clare Danes as the main character) go ahead, prove it.

I look at Christ more as a character in a book, written by others and from the stories in that book that I have read, he doesn't sound much like a conservative, he certainly doesn't seem to have thought much of money or money changers.

I don't know if the man even existed, and I don't know if he ascended to heaven, (but if he was a real man, I seriously doubt he did that, although it does tend to give credence to the heaven is up, hell is down mythical model, which I guess helps in some wierd way) since he wrote nothing himself, the only accounts of his life are from four of his so-called followers, that is, those who claim to have known him, and who have done quite well for themselves and their prodigy and appear to have created quite a following, although in radical disagreement historically and even today about the man and his theories. But if you think that I think Christ was liberal or a liberal because I said he wasn't conservative you are really caught in a bi-lateral mindset.

Myself again, I never really subscribed to that kind of either /or thinking. But if it works for you continue to use it, just don't pin it on me. Oh, and if you really want to be a good Christian and follow those Biblical precepts to the letter stay away from footballs.
Oh please. I have read thread after thread of you trashing Cons, while supporting the Liberal stance this "assumption" is based on past experience not pulled out of the blue.

I too look at Christ as a character in a book... But then I am not a Christian. However, not all Christians are "Focus on the Family" types who want to invade your life. It gets foolish to assume that somebody who happens to live in the Springs is one of those types...

I never said that you personally had a problem with that on the cash, but those who do are almost invariably liberal...

This whole "revolutionary" thing is a pretense. Somebody who defends every liberal cause while trashing every conservative cause is clearly a liberal, not even a radical one. So far that is all I have seen you do on this site. Pretending to be "revolutionary" is just that, a pretense.

IHateGovernment
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree. If you are such a radical revolutionary than post something that would make even the liberal members' jaw drop. I haven't seen much beyond anything the left wing of the democratic party.

Prakosh
09-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh please. I have read thread after thread of you trashing Cons, while supporting the Liberal stance this "assumption" is based on past experience not pulled out of the blue.

I too look at Christ as a character in a book... But then I am not a Christian. However, not all Christians are "Focus on the Family" types who want to invade your life. It gets foolish to assume that somebody who happens to live in the Springs is one of those types...

I never said that you personally had a problem with that on the cash, but those who do are almost invariably liberal...

This whole "revolutionary" thing is a pretense. Somebody who defends every liberal cause while trashing every conservative cause is clearly a liberal, not even a radical one. So far that is all I have seen you do on this site. Pretending to be "revolutionary" is just that, a pretense.

Sorry, did I say anywhere in that post that I considered myself a revolutionary, please show me where I said that. I think I was referring to Christ and the Founding Fathers. And what conservatives have done with them. Does that make me a liberal, evidently, even though I have said several times that I don't like Clinton and why, you still ignore that, and claim I support every liberal cause and that is "all I have seen you do on this site." Yet you ignore a post by a liberal here saying I am left of him the one time I said what I thought should happen for starters. You can only see conservative and liberal. You immediately assumed that because I said Christ wan't conservative I thought he was liberal. Then when I said he was a revolutionary, you claimed I was only pretending to be a revolutionary. As I said you should call this site "The Twilight Zone."

Cancel7
09-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Prakosh is a revolutionary now? Where did you get that from?

What is this obsession with labels? Is it only for people who do not self-identify as libertarians? Or Republicans? This whole threat got real weird real quick.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Sorry, did I say anywhere in that post that I considered myself a revolutionary, please show me where I said that. I think I was referring to Christ and the Founding Fathers. And what conservatives have done with them. Does that make me a liberal, evidently, even though I have said several times that I don't like Clinton and why, you still ignore that, and claim I support every liberal cause and that is "all I have seen you do on this site." Yet you ignore a post by a liberal here saying I am left of him the one time I said what I thought should happen for starters. You can only see conservative and liberal. You immediately assumed that because I said Christ wan't conservative I thought he was liberal. Then when I said he was a revolutionary, you claimed I was only pretending to be a revolutionary. As I said you should call this site "The Twilight Zone."
Right. Previously you stated that I would never see you defending Democrats so that you could say that you were no partisan, yet yesterday you were caught out on that little silly remark.

I pointed out in what way Christ was conservative. Pretending that it doesn't exist doesn't change that Christ in some ways was conservative. Calling it the Twilight Zone doesn't make it so, any more than you pretending not to be partisan by saying "I don't like Clinton" makes me unpartisan because I say I don't like Bush.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Prakosh is a revolutionary now? Where did you get that from?

What is this obsession with labels? Is it only for people who do not self-identify as libertarians? Or Republicans? This whole threat got real weird real quick.
What threat? I have threatened nobody. What are you talking about?

Damocles
09-17-2006, 02:10 PM
The statement that Christ would have stayed out of politics is about the only statement that I have read by Prakosh that I agree with wholeheartedly...

Cancel7
09-17-2006, 02:13 PM

These are sample pages.

The first one talks about how Democrats always share. Share? share what? Is this some kind of advocacy for communal ownership of property like in the family? What does that sound like.

The second says democrats keep us safe with the squirel mother keeping her children from being trampled by a lumbering elephant

Democrats make sure children get to go to school. I suppose the book means to portray the idea that they are the only ones providing education. Perhaps they should also show an illustration of the poor squireel who must attend a dilapidated school with other squirels toting guns since democrats also tend to oppose school vouchers.

When I was a junior in high school a bunch of us asked our teacher is she was a Democrat or Republican. She refused to answer. Later I recognized that she did not say because it would be wrong for her to influence our political affilation since she was seen as an authority figure. I respect that decision greatly. Apparently the authors of this book don't have the same decency.

This is amazing. It's a book. Who cares? Do you want to burn it? I'd be more concerned about the systemic indocrination children get in their schools what with textbooks being targeted and controlled by Christian fundamentalists.

And i love how you actually think that Democrats are what? Socialists? Communists? Is that was share means to you? Did you ever hear the phrase "sharing is caring?" Many parents tell that to their children in order to begin to get them to understand that it's not all about them, and that they can and should share their toys with other children. This seems a bit paranoid to me on your part.

Cancel7
09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
What threat? I have threatened nobody. What are you talking about?

Obviously that's a typo and is meant to read "thread". I assume you are kidding here Damo.

If you're that easily confused...

Cypress
09-17-2006, 02:19 PM

These are sample pages.

When I was a junior in high school a bunch of us asked our teacher is she was a Democrat or Republican. She refused to answer. Later I recognized that she did not say because it would be wrong for her to influence our political affilation

I don't see anything on the website that says it is being used, or should be used, in public schools.

I think your outrage may be misguided and misplaced. This is just a dumb book somebody can buy on line.

The bible and the koran are used to indoctrinate children in far more devious ways, than this book ever will.

Damocles
09-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Obviously that's a typo and is meant to read "thread". I assume you are kidding here Damo.

If you're that easily confused...
I like to pretend to be confused.

AnyOldIron
09-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Amazing how similar it is to the Islamic nuts indoctrination of their children to the world of hate, bias, and intolerance....guess Democrats figure it was wroking in the colleges and grade schools...why not start them even younger....

Bit like Christianity in the US then, with all the religious schools and Madrass style universities and indoctrination at birth.

Oh, but wait.... You like christianity, so that's ok......

FUCK THE POLICE
09-18-2006, 05:46 AM
This is amazing. It's a book. Who cares? Do you want to burn it? I'd be more concerned about the systemic indocrination children get in their schools what with textbooks being targeted and controlled by Christian fundamentalists.

And i love how you actually think that Democrats are what? Socialists? Communists? Is that was share means to you? Did you ever hear the phrase "sharing is caring?" Many parents tell that to their children in order to begin to get them to understand that it's not all about them, and that they can and should share their toys with other children. This seems a bit paranoid to me on your part.

Sharing is great. It means you don't have to do anything and you can mooch off the rest of the groups work.

If every individual is responsible for their own goods, they'll take care of them much better. Holding hands and "sharing" isn't going to make that happen.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Perhaps it is time for pampers with a photo of Bush on the inside ?
Indoctrinate those toddlers.

Care4all
09-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Bit like Christianity in the US then, with all the religious schools and Madrass style universities and indoctrination at birth.

On this subject, YOU my dear anyold are being ass...imo :)

There is no way in the world that YOU could compare ANY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL with a Madrass style teaching and schooling...

Christians DO NOT TEACH their children to HATE ANYONE, they do not teach their children that arabs are infidels, they do not teach their children TO COMMIT SUICIDE and kill as many INFIDELS as possible SO THAT THEY CAN MAKE IT TO PARADISE....

YOU, are out of line....completely! and are filling these posts with propaganda and lies anyold with your comparrisons like this....they make YOU look foolish, and uninformed imo.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha... lol BUT STILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR R!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Care

klaatu
09-18-2006, 08:03 AM
I have to wonder how a child would have access to this book. I mean why would a parent need to go out of there way to buy a book to indoctrinate their child into a certain political belief? I raised three daughters..now all in their mid 20's and each have their own opinions. The eldest.. aside from being pro-life is far left. The middle leans right and the youngest is left of center... all three are pro-life. Based on personal experience I dont know how a book like this would have changed their thinking....
Bottom line..for most... once a child is in their teens .... societal trends will have more influence on them then anything ... and once they are in College... they will keep moving left until they get out in the working world... once in the real world ..their life experience will have more influence on them than anything else.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 08:25 AM

I was indoctrinated from bitth till 16. I was given no choice but to attend church and to pretend to believe.
But it did not stick :clink:

Cypress
09-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Calm down.

This is just some dumb online book, that virtually no one has ever heard of.

I bet that, at most, its sold a few thousand copies. There's 50 million democratis in the country.

I've heard rightwing religious shows on the radio, that have "children's" programs that indoctrinate kids into rightwing religious republican politics. I don't think 99% of parent even pay attention to this crap.

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 08:29 AM

What is with the automatic conclusion that because I find something disagreeable that I think it should be burned. I am not advocating censorship. They are free to say what they wish. I am equally able to express my disapproval. As for books by Christian Fundamentalists I have in the past and continue to chastise them for the books they right especially the pseudo scientific ones. However this thread is not about books by the Christian right so pointing them out doesn't refute my argument. This isn't an either or topic where you are either for pro-liberal indoctrination or pro-conservative indoctrination. I would hope most would be against indoctrination in all its forms. I saw a form of indoctrination on this thread so I commented on it. If it was pro-conservative I also would have commented negatively.

I wonder though if the book title was why mommy is a Republican and I expressed my disapproval if you would mention book burning in your response. My guess is you wouldn't.

I think you know me well enough by now that I hand out lumps to both libs and cons pretty equally.

Darla there is a big difference between what we advocate in our personal lives in what we advocate in politics. Unfortunately some people do not see the distinction. However I would hope you see the problem with such a view as I would guess that one of the biggest problems you have with conservative ideology is failure to erect a wall between personal and political values. Sharing in a personal sense is all well and good. Sharing in a political sense can have very different meanings.

When I was young I definitely sympathized with communist/socialist ideology. One of the main reasons this was so was becasue I had not yet come to the realization that ones personal values must be separated from ones political values. Children are not as able to make such distinctions and it is wrong to make it appear that one party is for sharing and its opposition is against it.

When we apply the idea of familial sharing to politics it does become somewhat socialistic or even communist. In the family resources are shared. It is not Johnny or Jimmy's ball it is the families. This is a perfect way to do things in the family but applying such a simple premise to government is at least reminiscent of socialist ideals.

The simple idea of familial sharing is great for the personal life and perhaps you welcome it in the political sphere as well. However we also know that your political opponents use the same kind of idea when it comes to personal values like divorce, marriage and drug use.

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't see anything on the website that says it is being used, or should be used, in public schools.

I think your outrage may be misguided and misplaced. This is just a dumb book somebody can buy on line.

The bible and the koran are used to indoctrinate children in far more devious ways, than this book ever will.

Ugh not again. Ok once again. Just because I dissapprove of something doesn't mean I think it shoudl be banned or burned or anything of the like. Am I not permitted to disapprove of the political indoctrination of children on any level whether it is in a school, a church or a bathroom stall. Like Darla you have brought up the religious. That is not what this thread is about do you think I approve of the indoctrination of religious texts. Cypress you know me well what do you think I think of that? The thread is about the book Damo mentioned bringing something else up as if I supported it is a strawman.

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Christians DO NOT TEACH their children to HATE ANYONE, they do not teach their children that arabs are infidels, they do not teach their children TO COMMIT SUICIDE and kill as many INFIDELS as possible SO THAT THEY CAN MAKE IT TO PARADISE....

Not all Christians do this but there are christian groups that at least come close to the Madrass schools in militancy. There are some Christian groups that also preach hate especially of homosexuals.

Care4all
09-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I was indoctrinated from bitth till 16. I was given no choice but to attend church and to pretend to believe.
But it did not stick :clink:

Oh uscit, I am NOT denying that an indoctrination in to a religion by parents does not exist...

I am merely pointing out that Anyold and anyone else that subscribes to his type of thinking regarding Christian schools being the same thing as the madrass schools in Saudi Arabia that teach their children to hate everyone from the western world, and to hate primarily Americans, and to kill innocent Americans when possible via suicide because these innocent Americans are Infidels, in order to make it to Paradise is not the SAME TYPE OF TEACHINGS that take place in Christian schools...

that is PLAINLY A LIE, and I am calling Anyold Iron ON IT.....

Were you taught in your Christian indoctrination to commit suicide via a bomb so that you kill as many innocent women and children as possible because they are infidels, and that this is what must be done to certainly make it to paradise?

yes, or no?

If the answer is NO, then EVEN YOU should be correcting Anyold on his statements like this....because what he is saying, is clearly NOT THE TRUTH....that's all uscit, that is all I am pointing out.....

care

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I plan to teach my daughter many things. History, science, mathematics, foreign language. Two things I will never indoctrinate her into is political affiliation and religion. Any education pertinent to either of these things will give equal time to all major considerations and would not make any view appear superior.

I was fortunate to never be indoctrinated in either of these areas and thus the shaping of my beliefs has been more independent than most. I would like my children and everybody elses children to have that same opportunity.

And I'm not just talking about this book specifically I'm talking about a broad idea so save your book burning comments.

Cypress
09-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh uscit, I am NOT denying that an indoctrination in to a religion by parents does not exist...

I am merely pointing out that Anyold and anyone else that subscribes to his type of thinking regarding Christian schools being the same thing as the madrass schools in Saudi Arabia that teach their children to hate everyone from the western world, and to hate primarily Americans, and to kill innocent Americans when possible via suicide because these innocent Americans are Infidels, in order to make it to Paradise is not the SAME TYPE OF TEACHINGS that take place in Christian schools...

Were you taught in your Christian indoctrination to commit suicide via a bomb so that you kill as many innocent women and children as possible because they are infidels, and that this is what must be done to certainly make it to paradise?

yes, or no?

If the answer is NO, then EVEN YOU should be correcting Anyold on his statements like this....because what he is saying, is clearly NOT THE TRUTH....that's all uscit, that is all I am pointing out.....

care

The kids I knew, that went to private Catholic schools got a secular education, and were taught REAL science, including evolution. There was no attempt to propagandize them with false science, like creatinonism.

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Anyone ever hear of Patrick Henry college. I consider the loonies indoctrinated in there are a threat to society.

Cypress
09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
I plan to teach my daughter many things. History, science, mathematics, foreign language. Two things I will never indoctrinate her into is political affiliation and religion. Any education pertinent to either of these things will give equal time to all major considerations and would not make any view appear superior.

I was fortunate to never be indoctrinated in either of these areas and thus the shaping of my beliefs has been more independent than most. I would like my children and everybody elses children to have that same opportunity.

And I'm not just talking about this book specifically I'm talking about a broad idea so save your book burning comments.

I just took My 19 year old son, and his 18-year old girlfriend who lives with us to register to vote, and I was proud to see both of them register as Independents unaffilliated with any party. I don't pressure them to think one way or the other, but I'll tell them what I think about certain issues if it comes up.

Care4all
09-18-2006, 08:56 AM
The kids I knew, that went to private Catholic schools got a secular education, and were taught REAL science, including evolution. There was no attempt to propagandize them with false science, like creatinonism.

Same hear! my best girlfriend went to Catholic School and my husband's best friend went to Catholic school and they got none of that false science crapola...they studied science as much as I did in public school or more...

I am not saying religion is not an indoctrination....because it clearly can be and is in many cases....but in my opinion, YOU still have free will and a choice to believe it or not...as uscitizen has said, he was indoctrinated until he was 16 "but it didn't take" :).....

What I am saying is comparing Christian Schools here, like the Catholic Schools to The Madrass Schools in Saudi Arabia and indicating that they are "one and the same" is nothing more than propaganda that the radical islamists that teach this stuff wants people like anyold iron to believe and to PASS AROUND the rumor mill....

And it is nothing but an outright lie.....PERIOD.... I am the type of person that calls "a Spade, (what it is); A Spade".... when I see one.... no matter how much "luv" and respect, I have for anyold..... :D

care

Care4all
09-18-2006, 09:06 AM

Not all Christians do this but there are christian groups that at least come close to the Madrass schools in militancy. There are some Christian groups that also preach hate especially of homosexuals.

no one ever said there would not be "black sheep"....

The largest Christian Domination in America does not teach the "hatered" of homosexuals in this country.... Catholicism

And as far as a group here and there that would TEACH THE SAME thing as the Madrass schools....I STILL DIFFER WITH YOU.....because they do not teach that if you kill yourself while killing infidels, women and children, this will be a pass to paradise...PERIOD.

now, are there secular groups that teach hatred EVEN MORE than these minute amount of Christian groups that you speak about?

Does this Christian group that you speak about teach the children to blow themselves up in a gay bar, killing themselves with the innocent and unaware homosexuals in the bar, in order to make it to Paradise?

Just curious.... ;) If they do....then yes, they are as Dangerous as the Madrass Schooling...and I agree with you...

care

IHateGovernment
09-18-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't know of anything specifically as bad as the Madrass schools in modern times. However comparing the difference is only a matter of degree it isn't compaing things fundamentally different.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 11:09 AM

yes, or no?

care
Oh I don't fully agree with AOI on this as to the impact, but he is somewhat right.
I was taught in church to hate and fight those who opposed Chsritians.
Heck I was taught to at least dislike and not associate with Catholics, cause they were going to burn in hell for drinking and idolatry....
And I recently heard a preacher preaching death to the islamofascists....Christ will be victorious....

Remember ...

Onward Christian soldiers marchig as to war.....dadadadada...etc...

Damocles
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Anyone ever hear of Patrick Henry college. I consider the loonies indoctrinated in there are a threat to society.
Most of those people were long ago indoctrinated before they got to that place...

Damocles
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh I don't fully agree with AOI on this as to the impact, but he is somewhat right.
I was taught in church to hate and fight those who opposed Chsritians.
Heck I was taught to at least dislike and not associate with Catholics, cause they were going to burn in hell for drinking and idolatry....
And I recently heard a preacher preaching death to the islamofascists....Christ will be victorious....

Remember ...

Onward Christian soldiers marchig as to war.....dadadadada...etc...
To "fight" people? Never, and I went to a fundamentalist church, a real "Focus on the Family" type. I was taught to pray for them and to constantly work to "teach" them, but to "fight" them, never.

uscitizen
09-18-2006, 12:50 PM
To "fight" people? Never, and I went to a fundamentalist church, a real "Focus on the Family" type. I was taught to pray for them and to constantly work to "teach" them, but to "fight" them, never.

Oh not not to run right out and fight them. But the foundation is built for that to happen. And a religious nutcase can intrepet it that way. As to go blow up an abortion clinic or kill an abortion DR.
I figure most Islamic folks are in the same boat. We hear mostly about the islamic nutcases iover here. The nice boring ones are not exciting news and our admin does not want us to hear about them either.