PDA

View Full Version : Science confirms Scripture.

Grugore
07-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Everyone is probably familiar with the book of Genesis. According to Genesis, snakes used to have arms and legs. Well, scientists have confirmed that this is true.

http://www.livescience.com/56573-mutation-caused-snakes-to-lose-legs.html

Phantasmal
07-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Everyone is probably familiar with the book of Genesis. According to Genesis, snakes used to have arms and legs. Well, scientists have confirmed that this is true.

Have they found that serpents also use to speak?

Grugore
07-01-2018, 10:37 AM

I knew you'd say that. And why do you suppose such a thing is impossible? After all, parrots can speak. Why not snakes?

Phantasmal
07-01-2018, 10:40 AM
I knew you'd say that. And why do you suppose such a thing is impossible? After all, parrots can speak. Why not snakes?
I’ve heard a parrot speak, but not a snake. So, it was an actual snake that tempted the first couple?

Fentoine Lum
07-01-2018, 10:42 AM

You are free to waddle along behind any male dominator god religion you like, your choice.

Jack
07-01-2018, 10:43 AM

evince was talking about Russian bots being everywhere ... and I didn't believe her.

Fentoine Lum
07-01-2018, 10:47 AM

All the ones we vote for speak.

Guno צְבִי
07-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Science? lol from your buy bull

The earth is set on foundations and does not move. Ecclesiastes 31:37

"The moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven." Apparently, Jesus believed that the moon produces its own light, and that the stars are lights held in place by a firmament only a few miles above our heads. Matthew 24:29

When Jesus was crucified, there was three hours of complete darkness "over all the land." And when he died, there was a great earthquake with many corpses walking the streets of Jerusalem. It is strange that there is no record of any of these extraordinary events outside of the gospels.Matthew 27:45, 51-53

and your buy bull says bats are birds and the sun stood still

Guno צְבִי
07-01-2018, 10:58 AM

"The moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven." Apparently, Jesus believed that the moon produces its own light, and that the stars are lights held in place by a firmament only a few miles above our heads. Matthew 24:29

When Jesus was crucified, there was three hours of complete darkness "over all the land." And when he died, there was a great earthquake with many corpses walking the streets of Jerusalem. It is strange that there is no record of any of these extraordinary events outside of the gospels.Matthew 27:45, 51-53

Fentoine Lum
07-01-2018, 11:02 AM

The moral of the Story Of Jesus is that he came as an advocate for the dispossessed and downtrodden, and was put to death by the power structure.

evince
07-01-2018, 11:03 AM

so now you believe in evolution?

Jack
07-01-2018, 11:40 AM
The moral of the Story Of Jesus is that he came as an advocate for the dispossessed and downtrodden, and was put to death by the power structure.

A fuckin' Commie!

Fentoine Lum
07-01-2018, 11:59 AM
A fuckin' Commie!

"Well, he's a friend of them long haired, hippy-type, pinko fags!
I betchya he's even got a commie flag
tacked up on the wall inside of his garage."

"He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys.
He may look dumb but that's just a disguise,
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage"

Irish Exit
07-01-2018, 12:51 PM

Just peak at my ignore list for the answer...

Nordberg
07-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't the fossils have to be under 6000 years old to qualify?

cancel2 2022
07-02-2018, 05:55 PM

Thye don't have vocal chords for a start!!

Jack
07-02-2018, 09:42 PM
I always love when two Loons start talking about 'Talking Snakes', i'm not sure why?

Mason Michaels
07-03-2018, 01:40 AM

Many believe before the fall of man,all the animals could speak.
To me the main proof that women were taken from the body of a man.
Is men have nipples.

Mason Michaels
07-03-2018, 01:43 AM
I’ve heard a parrot speak, but not a snake. So, it was an actual snake that tempted the first couple?

If you look at Michelangelo 's the fall of man on the Sistine Chapel,Michelangelo clearly shows in symbolism that the snake that could talk was Adams erect Penis.

Mason Michaels
07-03-2018, 02:02 AM
On the right side we see Adam and Eve forced from the Garden of Eden.
But look on the left side,What does Michelangelo have Eve doing here?It certainly looks like she is orally servicing Adam.

Guno צְבִי
07-03-2018, 02:16 AM
That is the difference between science and religion, science has a very rigorous method of inquires, testing, retesting looking for a null hypothesis, science doesn't start out with an answer and then tries to prove the answer, that's religion ie guessing or basing it on perceived information on untested, unproven facts

When, in science an hypothesis is excepted after testing as stated above , it becomes a theory, when new formation comes to light the science is again tested and updated .

"Just a Theory": 7 Misused Science Words

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/just-a-theory-7-misused-science-words/

Appeal to Faith
I'm not interested in the evidence — I just have faith that what I believe is true.

Arguing about God is useless because God is beyond scientific reasons or arguments.

I refuse to believe in all this global warming doom-and-gloom. I have faith that God wouldn't let such a bad thing happen to us.

Sound familiar? These are common refrains repeated by people who have appealed to their faith when making an argument — a fallacy in which religious convictions are conflated with reason and evidence. But while many of these people believe they're acting rationally, the truth is of the matter is that the choice to believe in something is no substitute for science.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-logical-fallacies-that-fuel-anti-science-sentiments-1679442426

Mason Michaels
07-03-2018, 05:19 AM

No!

PostmodernProphet
07-03-2018, 05:22 AM

you still do......

PostmodernProphet
07-03-2018, 05:23 AM

only atheists and a handful of young earthers think the Bible speaks of a 6000 year old creation.........

PostmodernProphet
07-03-2018, 05:26 AM
That is the difference between science and religion, science has a very rigorous method of inquires, testing, retesting looking for a null hypothesis, science doesn't start out with an answer and then tries to prove the answer, that's religion ie guessing or basing it on perceived information on untested, unproven facts

When, in science an hypothesis is excepted after testing as stated above , it becomes a theory, when new formation comes to light the science is again tested and updated .

how do the humanist's ideas about origin stand up against that scientific testing?......

I refuse to believe in all this global warming doom-and-gloom.

and yet, now even atheists have to admit the global warming doom and gloom was nothing but bullshit.......

evince
07-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Many believe before the fall of man,all the animals could speak.
To me the main proof that women were taken from the body of a man.
Is men have nipples.

natures pacifiers

ThatOwlWoman
07-03-2018, 06:08 AM

Damn, and so how did *that* original meme get so twisted by today's modern American Christians? According to the ones on the Reichwing, He came with an AR15 to kick librul butt, make everyone Xtian wealthy, and put them back in charge till Armageddon comes around.

Guno צְבִי
07-03-2018, 07:58 AM
how do the humanist's ideas about origin stand up against that scientific testing?......

and yet, now even atheists have to admit the global warming doom and gloom was nothing but bullshit.......

your jerry fartwell U degree is showing!

Appeal to Faith
I'm not interested in the evidence — I just have faith that what I believe is true.

Arguing about God is useless because God is beyond scientific reasons or arguments.

I refuse to believe in all this global warming doom-and-gloom. I have faith that God wouldn't let such a bad thing happen to us.

Sound familiar? These are common refrains repeated by people who have appealed to their faith when making an argument — a fallacy in which religious convictions are conflated with reason and evidence. But while many of these people believe they're acting rationally, the truth is of the matter is that the choice to believe in something is no substitute for science.

PostmodernProphet
07-03-2018, 08:40 AM
your jerry fartwell U degree is showing!

Appeal to Faith

no, it doesn't sound familiar......but the idiots who claimed that global warming was CAUSED by human activity have been shown by science to be liars.....I am glad we have put the era of lib'rul stupidity about global warming behind us....

Jack
07-03-2018, 12:53 PM
natures pacifiers

Is this in reference to 'One foot on a banana peel' post "What does Michelangelo have Eve doing here?It certainly looks like she is orally servicing Adam."
Or am I missing something?

Grugore
07-03-2018, 04:46 PM

"Just a Theory": 7 Misused Science Words

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/just-a-theory-7-misused-science-words/

Appeal to Faith

https://io9.gizmodo.com/8-logical-fallacies-that-fuel-anti-science-sentiments-1679442426

You know, that's really funny. What you said about starting with an answer and trying to prove it. Because that is exactly what evolution does. So much for your scientific method. Lol.

Guno צְבִי
07-03-2018, 05:30 PM
You know, that's really funny. What you said about starting with an answer and trying to prove it. Because that is exactly what evolution does. So much for your scientific method. Lol.

You must have been "educated" with this book:

Donkeys Can Talk, People Can Fly, And A Man Named Jesus Lives Up In The Sky!
(Creation Science For Teens) -by Pastor Deacon Fred

Donkeys Can Talk and People Can Fly - Creation Science for Teens is a Bible based textbook designed to reclaim America's children from the corrupting influence of today's culture. Religious leaders around the country believe it will replace most high school science textbooks in the next four years. The book opens up with an unforgettable Bible truth in the form of a poem: "Donkeys Can Talk, People Can Fly and There's a God-Man Named Jesus Who Lives In The Sky - Science and Math are all made up lies, by a giant old demon with a tail and red eyes." These words describe in beautiful simplicity the glorious True Christian principles upon which the United States of America was founded.

Donkeys Can Talk and People Can Fly is a wonderfully animated approach to the Bible. Secular children will be introduced to timeless True Christian beliefs that come directly out of the Scriptures and not from the hallucinations of some boat-riding, bird-watching, monkey-loving, lizard-humping, 19th-century liberal! Teens will enjoy hearing stories about angels, "the flying people with wings," and demons, "naked red-skinned creatures with razor sharp teeth and horns sticking out of their sweaty heads." What a great book to have in secular schools! Kids will finally learn the truth about Creation- "how a giant old man with a long beard just snapped his fingers and everything just poofed into existence." Parents will be overjoyed to find that their children will no longer be exposed to the fantasies and supposed truths that public schools have been teaching them for the last 30 years. They will learn that some bodies do not decay after death, but remain intact and never rot so that when God finally decides to invade Earth, they will all come back to life and become "flying people" who zoom up to the clouds to join Jesus' army of angels on jet-propelled horses!"

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/christianreader.htm

Guno צְבִי
07-03-2018, 05:37 PM
You must have been "educated" with this book:

Donkeys Can Talk, People Can Fly, And A Man Named Jesus Lives Up In The Sky!
(Creation Science For Teens) -by Pastor Deacon Fred

Donkeys Can Talk and People Can Fly - Creation Science for Teens is a Bible based textbook designed to reclaim America's children from the corrupting influence of today's culture. Religious leaders around the country believe it will replace most high school science textbooks in the next four years. The book opens up with an unforgettable Bible truth in the form of a poem: "Donkeys Can Talk, People Can Fly and There's a God-Man Named Jesus Who Lives In The Sky - Science and Math are all made up lies, by a giant old demon with a tail and red eyes." These words describe in beautiful simplicity the glorious True Christian principles upon which the United States of America was founded.

Donkeys Can Talk and People Can Fly is a wonderfully animated approach to the Bible. Secular children will be introduced to timeless True Christian beliefs that come directly out of the Scriptures and not from the hallucinations of some boat-riding, bird-watching, monkey-loving, lizard-humping, 19th-century liberal! Teens will enjoy hearing stories about angels, "the flying people with wings," and demons, "naked red-skinned creatures with razor sharp teeth and horns sticking out of their sweaty heads." What a great book to have in secular schools! Kids will finally learn the truth about Creation- "how a giant old man with a long beard just snapped his fingers and everything just poofed into existence." Parents will be overjoyed to find that their children will no longer be exposed to the fantasies and supposed truths that public schools have been teaching them for the last 30 years. They will learn that some bodies do not decay after death, but remain intact and never rot so that when God finally decides to invade Earth, they will all come back to life and become "flying people" who zoom up to the clouds to join Jesus' army of angels on jet-propelled horses!"

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/christianreader.htm

or this book

The Talking Snake Theory: Creation Science & History For Christian Children
(Recommended for Children ages 3-12) -by Pastor Deacon Fred

The Talking Snake Theory is a fact-based historical Creation Science book for Christian youngsters. Readers journey back 6,000 years ago in time to the actual date when God created the first two humans from a pile of dirt and a spare rib. It is a time and place that, despite the first hand accounts from eyewitnesses in the Bible, most ignorant secular scholars and scientists refuse to believe existed. For True Christians®, Jews, and Muslims, our entire belief systems hinge on a few words from a talking snake who appeared around this same time. By using fun characters and cartoons based on factual accounts from the Holy Bible book of Genesis (one of the few history books that all three major religions in the world agree on), youngsters are taken on an educational journey they will remember for the rest of their lives. Children will learn the truth about how snakes used to have legs until one of them opened up his mouth and gave Eve (the first woman) some bad dieting advice. After God kicks Adam and Eve (the first humans) out of his Garden for listening to a talking snake, readers will follow the first family as they begin to populate the Earth. The author uses an imaginary character named "Becky," who is Cain's daughter by his mother, Eve, to explain how it was possible for Adam and Cain to find another woman to help them make more babies. After Becky agrees to be her dad's wife, they have more children together so that Adam can make babies with his grandchildren instead of his daughters, and so on.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/talkingsnake.html

Grugore
07-03-2018, 08:38 PM
or this book

The Talking Snake Theory: Creation Science & History For Christian Children
(Recommended for Children ages 3-12) -by Pastor Deacon Fred

The Talking Snake Theory is a fact-based historical Creation Science book for Christian youngsters. Readers journey back 6,000 years ago in time to the actual date when God created the first two humans from a pile of dirt and a spare rib. It is a time and place that, despite the first hand accounts from eyewitnesses in the Bible, most ignorant secular scholars and scientists refuse to believe existed. For True Christians®, Jews, and Muslims, our entire belief systems hinge on a few words from a talking snake who appeared around this same time. By using fun characters and cartoons based on factual accounts from the Holy Bible book of Genesis (one of the few history books that all three major religions in the world agree on), youngsters are taken on an educational journey they will remember for the rest of their lives. Children will learn the truth about how snakes used to have legs until one of them opened up his mouth and gave Eve (the first woman) some bad dieting advice. After God kicks Adam and Eve (the first humans) out of his Garden for listening to a talking snake, readers will follow the first family as they begin to populate the Earth. The author uses an imaginary character named "Becky," who is Cain's daughter by his mother, Eve, to explain how it was possible for Adam and Cain to find another woman to help them make more babies. After Becky agrees to be her dad's wife, they have more children together so that Adam can make babies with his grandchildren instead of his daughters, and so on.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/talkingsnake.html

Your pathetic attempts at deflection are simply hilarious. You claim to believe in science. According to the Bible, snakes had legs and lost them. Science has proven this to be the truth. I'm wondering why you have a problem with this. Science agrees with Scripture. It's a fact. Deal with it, then get on with your pathetic life

Cancel 2019.1
07-03-2018, 09:24 PM
only atheists and a handful of young earthers think the Bible speaks of a 6000 year old creation.........

Thank you

Flash
07-03-2018, 09:28 PM
And when he died, there was a great earthquake with many corpses walking the streets of Jerusalem.

Is the Bible confirming Zombies?

Leonthecat
07-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Grugore is absolutely insane.

Guno צְבִי
07-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Is the Bible confirming Zombies?

http://simuleustisetpecator.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/zombie-jesus.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/54/eb/3454eb73760f50499c042a3406bd17c8.jpg

domer76
07-03-2018, 09:56 PM

"genetic mutations caused the reptiles to lose all four of their limbs about 150 million years ago"

I think you have a time shift problem here. Among other, major, obvious problems.

Leonthecat
07-03-2018, 10:38 PM

The Christian faith is founded on the concept of the walking dead.
It is a zombie worshiping faith.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b0/1f/e6b01fc4e32d489f17f158e19fefd387--happy-easter-zombies.jpg

Jack
07-04-2018, 12:16 AM
I want to thank guno for these graphic images.

Jack
07-04-2018, 12:18 AM
And a 'Shout out' to Leon for more visual art.

The Christian faith

is founded on the concept of the walking dead.
It is a zombie worshiping faith.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e6/b0/1f/e6b01fc4e32d489f17f158e19fefd387--happy-easter-zombies.jpg

Guno צְבִי
07-04-2018, 06:57 AM

https://img.memecdn.com/Ta-dah-Jesus_fb_77112.jpg

Grugore
07-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Liberal atheists, showing how tolerant and caring they are.