PDA

View Full Version : The most and least educated U.S. religious groups

Guno צְבִי
06-15-2018, 03:16 PM
No surprise of where trump followers fall into

The pork gobbling fundies, the lower IQ crowd

At the bottom

the southern baptists and other fundy loons

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/04/the-most-and-least-educated-u-s-religious-groups/ft_16-10-06_educationreligiousgroups/

Jack
06-15-2018, 03:25 PM
"The pork gobbling fundies, the lower IQ crowd"

You seem to have a problem with people that eat pork. Is there any logical reason for that?

Jack
06-15-2018, 04:21 PM
You mention "pork eating" quite a bit. Then go on to ridicule other 'religious' people. Do you see a problem in your position? Do you feel you are a hypocrite? Do you feel you may have reduced yourself to "My Religion Is Better Than Yours" status? Do you understand you are shooting yourself in the foot?

Ever heard the expression: "People that live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones"?

ThatOwlWoman
06-15-2018, 04:39 PM
At the bottom
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/04/the-most-and-least-educated-u-s-religious-groups/ft_16-10-06_educationreligiousgroups/

I've seen this study in years past, done by the same research outfit. Nothing much has changed -- the least-educated belong to the most fundamentalist Xtian churches. I'm not sure that has to do with IQ or not, but it definitely has to do with how they worship and vote.

Zarathustra
06-15-2018, 04:54 PM
I've always thought Hinduism was one of the most badass religions for sure. Doesn't surprise me that they're the most educated.

Ralph
06-15-2018, 04:56 PM
I've seen this study in years past, done by the same research outfit. Nothing much has changed -- the least-educated belong to the most fundamentalist Xtian churches. I'm not sure that has to do with IQ or not, but it definitely has to do with how they worship and vote.

Yep...all the smart elite vote demwit. Why all the bigotry? Because education does not equate to IQ, it simply reflects what one has been taught....if one is taught lies and immorality education = immorality. Its called hypocrisy when one professes to be one thing but acts in contradiction to those stated qualities. Do you think Bigotry is a true liberal quality? If not why not? Its clear that you are a bigot of the highest level. The real question is why are there so many highly educated leftists flipping burgers at Micky Ds or gossiping on social networks? The quality of education in this nation sucks because of liberal policies.

ThatOwlWoman
06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
if one is taught lies and immorality education = immorality. Its called hypocrisy when one professes to be one thing but acts in contradiction to those stated qualities.

I'm glad we agree on this. Perhaps you can explain why so many Xtians -- especially the fundies -- support an immoral, thrice-divorced, adulterous, crooked, lying, cheating, pompous, cruel and non-Christian bullying pig like Trump?

Guno צְבִי
06-15-2018, 05:27 PM

And educational levels

Jack
06-15-2018, 05:41 PM
And educational levels

Care to answer the Question?

As it stands, you're just one Cult member dissing other Cults. NOT very effective.

Flash
06-15-2018, 07:26 PM
And it applies to white evangelicals. 40% of evangelicals are black and they voted for Clinton. It seems racist to refer to all those black people as low IQ.

ThatOwlWoman
06-15-2018, 07:33 PM
And it applies to white evangelicals. 40% of evangelicals are black who voted for Clinton.

Hmm, perhaps. Almost every single one of the black people I worked with, am friends with, lived by, etc. are deeply religious. However, their faith is not the same as the deeply religious white evangelicals I've likewise worked with, lived by, am friends with/related to. One outstanding difference between the two deeply-religious groups is their attitude about education. The white folks seem content with the level they have reached; the black folks are more ambitious and they also are much more ambitious for their children than are the white evangelicals that I know. I'm not sure how or why IQ got into this discussion, but to me IQ seems to have relatively little to do with the discussion here. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with educational attainment, either.

Cypress
06-15-2018, 07:39 PM

At the bottom

Not surprised in the least that Muslims are more educated that Southern Bigots...er, Baptists.

Cypress
06-15-2018, 07:43 PM
That was a blow below the belt.

Lot's of good decent Baptists out there.

Flash
06-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Hmm, perhaps. Almost every single one of the black people I worked with, am friends with, lived by, etc. are deeply religious. However, their faith is not the same as the deeply religious white evangelicals I've likewise worked with, lived by, am friends with/related to. One outstanding difference between the two deeply-religious groups is their attitude about education. The white folks seem content with the level they have reached; the black folks are more ambitious and they also are much more ambitious for their children than are the white evangelicals that I know. I'm not sure how or why IQ got into this discussion, but to me IQ seems to have relatively little to do with the discussion here. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with educational attainment, either.

I think Guno equated education level with IQ. All the studies show Trump got the vote of whites without a college degree. The Democrats changed "without a college degree" into "uneducated." My post was referring to black evangelicals and not blacks who might just be deeply religious. It especially applies to Southern blacks who are largely baptist.

It was just an attempt on Guno's part to denigrate Trump voters--an attitude I think drove many of the working class whites to vote for Trump. It was a reaction against those they perceive as looking down on them. They see themselves as the only remaining group people can make ignorant, bigoted stereotypes about without condemnation.

Irish Exit
06-15-2018, 08:02 PM

At the bottom

Explains Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton

ThatOwlWoman
06-15-2018, 08:08 PM
I think Guno equated education level with IQ. All the studies show Trump got the vote of whites without a college degree. The Democrats changed "without a college degree" into "uneducated." My post was referring to black evangelicals and not blacks who might just be deeply religious. It especially applies to Southern blacks who are largely baptist.

It's a mistake on our part to lump all Southern Baptists into the evangelical category because they are divided by race, as you noted. I have never once had a single devout Christian person of color approach me and exhort me to change my path, or hear or read one say anything about those who aren't of similar beliefs are going to hell, or get political much at all about her religious beliefs. I say "her" because most of my friends/family members of color are women. This isn't to say, however, that they are not passionate about politics, America, voting, and the wrong direction we are taking!

It was just an attempt on Guno's part to denigrate Trump voters--an attitude I think drove many of the working class whites to vote for Trump. It was a reaction against those they perceive as looking down on them. They see themselves as the only remaining group people can make ignorant, bigoted stereotypes about without condemnation.

Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people. That's said in sympathy, btw, not in condemnation. They are the stern stuff that looked up to a man in Germany in the 1930s, who promised to restore the economy, smite all the country's enemies both internal and external, and macht Deutschland Wieder Gross. They were hurting from real hardship -- not the bullshit made-up crap the Republicans want us to believe now. They had just lost a huge war, suffered massive deprivation in the Depression, were under sanctions by the winners of that war. The 1930s Germans had a reason to look towards a supreme and powerful figure like Hitler. He created internal enemies -- the Jews -- for them to focus their frustrations on. The external enemies were the Allies. Trump is doing that with immigrants and liberals. And our world allies as well. Fox and the other RW propaganda machines convinced the (R) voters that 21st century America is exactly like 1930s Germany. And this is why ppl like me think that ppl like you all are not-so-smart.

Jack
06-15-2018, 08:10 PM
"It was just an attempt on Guno's part to denigrate Trump voters--an attitude I think drove many of the working class whites to vote for Trump."

I think that is an accurate assessment of some American Workers. They have a feeling that the 'Elites' are trying to convince them that unlimited immigration (a competing workforce) is in their best interest, along with off shoring manufacturing and industrial jobs to Third World countries so prices will be cheaper (even though they are now out of work) for them.

I'm not sure guno is a beneficial asset for the Left. He seems like he drives more people to the Right then to the Left? ... just my opinion.

PostmodernProphet
06-15-2018, 08:11 PM

At the bottom

I see that you, as a "nothing in particular" are less educated than the national average........

Jack
06-15-2018, 08:18 PM
I see that you, as a "nothing in particular" are less educated than the national average........

My perception of guno is that he is a Cult member ... that disses OTHER Cults. He constantly brings up 'pork'.

Jack
06-15-2018, 08:30 PM
guno: "The pork gobbling fundies, the lower IQ crowd"

Care to explain what relevance 'pork gobbling' has in your Statement?

(this is like the third time I've asked)

Flash
06-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people. That's said in sympathy, btw, not in condemnation. They are the stern stuff that looked up to a man in Germany in the 1930s, who promised to restore the economy, smite all the country's enemies both internal and external, and macht Deutschland Wieder Gross. They were hurting from real hardship -- not the bullshit made-up crap the Republicans want us to believe now......And this is why ppl like me think that ppl like you all are not-so-smart.

I think you are going off the deep end with the Nazi/Hitler analogy.

Who are people "like you all." I said nothing in support or defense of Trump; but, neither can I sympathize with those seething over Trump's win who attack his supporters as ignorant and racists. It is just intolerance seeking to denigrate those who chose to vote opposite as their only possible explanation of his win because they don't bother to actually read the various analyses about the election.

My liberal friends think Trump supporters didn't know what they were doing and my conservative friends think Democrats are low information, less informed, less moral and ethical people. Both views show no respect for democracy or equality and is the same attitude that makes people look down on minorities, gays, immigrants, Southerners, or others as their way to feel superior.

If my candidate does not win I am not going to blame it on a rigged election, illegals voting, voting suppression, Russians, gerrymandering, James Comey, or any other of those lame excuses.

Jack
06-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Sooooo?

You and the 'non-pork' Cult are 'smart', ... and the other 'pork' Cults are stupid? Is that about it?

Controlled Opposition
06-15-2018, 09:38 PM
guno is a Jewish supremacist. Plain and simple, with the emphasis on simple.

Controlled Opposition
06-15-2018, 09:39 PM
>> I think you are going off the deep end with the Nazi/Hitler analogy. <<

Me too.

Jack
06-15-2018, 09:40 PM
Fentoine Lum, a Poster here, refers to these people as 'Partisanshitheads'. An excellent description if there ever was one. It's a Red Team/Blue Team mentality.

Amy Chua wrote a book, 'Political Tribes', that pretty well sums up the current situation in America. There's the 'Elites' (West Coast-East Coast) on one end and the 'average American worker' on the other end. And, like you see on this Forum, simply hurl insults at each other.

Jack
06-15-2018, 09:42 PM
guno is a Jewish supremacist. Plain and simple, with the emphasis on simple.

THAT ... seems to be TRUE. (unfortunately)

Controlled Opposition
06-15-2018, 09:43 PM
I'm still waiting for the Brown Shirts with their jackboots and armbands to start rioting, pillaging, raping and looting. Where are they?

RB 60
06-16-2018, 02:17 AM
It's a mistake on our part to lump all Southern Baptists into the evangelical category because they are divided by race, as you noted. I have never once had a single devout Christian person of color approach me and exhort me to change my path, or hear or read one say anything about those who aren't of similar beliefs are going to hell, or get political much at all about her religious beliefs. I say "her" because most of my friends/family members of color are women. This isn't to say, however, that they are not passionate about politics, America, voting, and the wrong direction we are taking!

Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people. That's said in sympathy, btw, not in condemnation. They are the stern stuff that looked up to a man in Germany in the 1930s, who promised to restore the economy, smite all the country's enemies both internal and external, and macht Deutschland Wieder Gross. They were hurting from real hardship -- not the bullshit made-up crap the Republicans want us to believe now. They had just lost a huge war, suffered massive deprivation in the Depression, were under sanctions by the winners of that war. The 1930s Germans had a reason to look towards a supreme and powerful figure like Hitler. He created internal enemies -- the Jews -- for them to focus their frustrations on. The external enemies were the Allies. Trump is doing that with immigrants and liberals. And our world allies as well. Fox and the other RW propaganda machines convinced the (R) voters that 21st century America is exactly like 1930s Germany. And this is why ppl like me think that ppl like you all are not-so-smart.

The lies and hypocrisy here is...staggering :palm:

kudzu
06-16-2018, 02:17 AM
And it applies to white evangelicals. 40% of evangelicals are black and they voted for Clinton. It seems racist to refer to all those black people as low IQ.

The Deep Racial Divide Between White and Black Evangelical ...

White Christmas, Black Christmas. Though minority and white evangelical Protestants have more in common than any other Christian groups, they are deeply divided on matters of race and justice.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/white-christmas-black-christmas-evangelical-christian-racial-divide/383986/

excerpt:

White evangelical Protestants and black Protestants also share a particularly literal approach to the Bible. Among the general public, approximately one-third (35 percent) believe the Bible is the literal word of God, but about six in 10 white evangelical Protestants (61 percent) and black Protestants (57 percent) hold a literal view of the Bible.

These two groups also share a belief in a personal God, an emphasis on individual salvation, and religious architecture that emphasizes the centrality of the pulpit over the altar.

continued

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2018, 07:51 AM

White Christmas, Black Christmas. Though minority and white evangelical Protestants have more in common than any other Christian groups, they are deeply divided on matters of race and justice.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/white-christmas-black-christmas-evangelical-christian-racial-divide/383986/

excerpt:

White evangelical Protestants and black Protestants also share a particularly literal approach to the Bible. Among the general public, approximately one-third (35 percent) believe the Bible is the literal word of God, but about six in 10 white evangelical Protestants (61 percent) and black Protestants (57 percent) hold a literal view of the Bible.

These two groups also share a belief in a personal God, an emphasis on individual salvation, and religious architecture that emphasizes the centrality of the pulpit over the altar.

continued

you are truly the master of the irrelevant.......

Flash
06-16-2018, 08:58 AM

Yes, I certainly agree that there are major differences between black and white evangelicals. But nowhere is it suggested that they (black or white) are "low IQ" as guno described.

Flash
06-16-2018, 09:26 AM
Yep -- angry, fearful, clueless white people.

While those meeting these characteristics voted for Trump, it is misleading to describe most Trump voters this way:

From Pew Research:

White college graduates: Trump 49% Clinton 45%. Obviously, many white Trump supporters were not "uneducated."

Trump's gains (compared to 2012) came from whites with no college degrees, especially in the Midwest. Where were these voters in 2012? They voted for Obama. The hypocrisy is that they were not clueless, low IQ, rural hicks when they voted for Obama, only when they switched to Trump. The white working class had long been a key element in the Democratic New Deal coalition since the depression. These were the "little people," "salt of the earth" "middle Americans" when they voted Democratic. Then, those full of hatred found their outlet in belittling those who voted for him.

"Obama-Trump voters … effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters … His firm’s conclusion is shared broadly by other Democrats who have examined the data, including senior members of Clinton’s campaign and officials at the Democratic data and analytics firm Catalist."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/it-was-obama-trump-voters-in-the-midwest-with-econ-anxiety.html

[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] Maybe all this stress accounts for the recent decline in U. S. life expectancy.

Jack
06-16-2018, 09:31 AM
"[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] "

Red Team/Blue Team mentality.

kudzu
06-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Yes, I certainly agree that there are major differences between black and white evangelicals. But nowhere is it suggested that they (black or white) are "low IQ" as guno described.

Call it what you will.. They reject science and follow the Scofield heresy.

countryboy
06-16-2018, 09:39 AM
The most and least educated U.S. religious groups

I have goono on ignore, but lemme guess, Muslims are waaaaaaay smarter than Christians. Do I win a prize?

The Ugly Truth
06-16-2018, 09:46 AM
I'm glad we agree on this. Perhaps you can explain why so many Xtians -- especially the fundies -- support an immoral, thrice-divorced, adulterous, crooked, lying, cheating, pompous, cruel and non-Christian bullying pig like Trump?

Because we could not support Hillary. I'm surprised you even needed to ask this question. Trump isn't perfect, but Hillary makes him look like an eagle scout. Did you support Hillary? Because she is everything you claim Trump is, and even worse.

Jack
06-16-2018, 09:48 AM
I have goono on ignore, but lemme guess, Muslims are waaaaaaay smarter than Christians. Do I win a prize?

Muslims don't eat 'pork', which seems to be VERY important to guno, so 'No', you don't get a prize.
(Christians eat 'pork', so you're very close, try again later)

The Ugly Truth
06-16-2018, 09:49 AM

Christians do not reject science. They reject Darwinism, which is not science.

kudzu
06-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Christians do not reject science. They reject Darwinism, which is not science.

Evangelicals do reject science.

Flash
06-16-2018, 10:00 AM

IQ has nothing to do with lack of knowledge in a particular area; otherwise, we could label those with any religious beliefs as low IQ.

The Ugly Truth
06-16-2018, 10:04 AM

No. We don't. In fact, Christians are the ones who developed the scientific method. It is based on the belief in God and the universal laws He created, that allow for repeatable scientific experiments.

kudzu
06-16-2018, 10:08 AM
IQ has nothing to do with lack of knowledge in a particular area; otherwise, we could label those with any religious beliefs as low IQ.

Evangelicals reject archaeology and geology.

Flash
06-16-2018, 10:24 AM

Many do not reject that science. Many simply belong to those religious denominations and are no more religious than the majority of us. Or, many of them see no conflict between science and religious beliefs. And, many accept evolution (as long it does not mean "we came from monkeys").

ThatOwlWoman
06-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Because we could not support Hillary. I'm surprised you even needed to ask this question. Trump isn't perfect, but Hillary makes him look like an eagle scout. Did you support Hillary? Because she is everything you claim Trump is, and even worse.

I supported Bernie.

You've been lied to about Hillary, and you deliberately chose to believe those lies in order to excuse your support for one of the most despicable ppl on this planet. Too bad there isn't a Heaven, Hell, or Pearly Gates. I'd sure love to watch you explain this to St. Peter when you all leave here.

MAGA MAN
06-16-2018, 10:30 AM

At the bottom

Assuming your premise to be true for a moment, they each have more common sense than a dozen Hillary voters.

Flash
06-16-2018, 10:38 AM
I supported Bernie.

You've been lied to about Hillary, and you deliberately chose to believe those lies in order to excuse your support for one of the most despicable ppl on this planet. Too bad there isn't a Heaven, Hell, or Pearly Gates. I'd sure love to watch you explain this to St. Peter when you all leave here.

I don't like that so much of our personal identity has become tied to politics; but, it is even worse than I thought---now we even have to explain our political to St. Peter. This reminds me of some past debates over whether Jesus was a liberal or conservative.

ThatOwlWoman
06-16-2018, 10:54 AM
I don't like that so much of our personal identity has become tied to politics; but, it is even worse than I thought---now we even have to explain our political to St. Peter. This reminds me of some past debates over whether Jesus was a liberal or conservative.

I'd be just as happy if we went back to keeping our religious beliefs private, and stop trying to insert them into political and public areas.

PoliTalker
06-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Hello Flash,

It is well known that intelligent people can believe in false facts. Just look at the president.

PoliTalker
06-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I'd be just as happy if we went back to keeping our religious beliefs private, and stop trying to insert them into political and public areas.

Yeah, but the problem is: Our beliefs drive our political views. They are inextricable.

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2018, 11:07 AM

not really......they just reject you.......

PostmodernProphet
06-16-2018, 11:08 AM

not really......they just reject you.......

Flash
06-16-2018, 12:33 PM
Hello Flash,

It is well known that intelligent people can believe in false facts. Just look at the president.

Yes, that was my point--lack of knowledge about particular topics does not mean a person has a low IQ. They could simply be uneducated or uneducated in a particular area (astrophysics).

Fentoine Lum
06-16-2018, 12:37 PM

At the bottom

Anyone who has chosen, consciously or otherwise, to buy into a male dominator god perception of reality and prattles onward about faith is engaged in the purposeful suspension of critical thought. You are free to quibble over which sect or cult is worse; I don't see a/the point. Unless you're one of those partisanshitheads.

The Ugly Truth
06-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Anyone who has chosen, consciously or otherwise, to buy into a male dominator god perception of reality and prattles onward about faith is engaged in the purposeful suspension of critical thought. You are free to quibble over which sect or cult is worse; I don't see a/the point. Unless you're one of those partisanshitheads.

You are a fool.

Fentoine Lum
06-16-2018, 01:23 PM
You are a fool.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Great discussion.

Guno צְבִי
06-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Care to answer the Question?

As it stands, you're just one Cult member dissing other Cults. NOT very effective.

a jewish atheist is a cult?

interesting

http://www.shj.org/

The Ugly Truth
06-16-2018, 02:01 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Great discussion.

Not a discussion. I was simply stating a fact.

Controlled Opposition
06-16-2018, 02:21 PM

interesting

Did you just answer your own question? A Baptist would have to leave his faith if he stopped believing in God. But a Jew can be an atheist without having to leave Judaism. So, yes, that is a cult.

ThatOwlWoman
06-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Yeah, but the problem is: Our beliefs drive our political views. They are inextricable.

True. However, suppose I were to believe in the creation story as told by the first people where I sojourn. That's fine, until I start showing up at school board meetings and insisting that all the biology classes have to also include mention of Sky Woman and how she created Turtle Island, where we all still live to this day. Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

Gotcha68
06-16-2018, 05:06 PM
While those meeting these characteristics voted for Trump, it is misleading to describe most Trump voters this way:

From Pew Research:

White college graduates: Trump 49% Clinton 45%. Obviously, many white Trump supporters were not "uneducated."

Trump's gains (compared to 2012) came from whites with no college degrees, especially in the Midwest. Where were these voters in 2012? They voted for Obama. The hypocrisy is that they were not clueless, low IQ, rural hicks when they voted for Obama, only when they switched to Trump. The white working class had long been a key element in the Democratic New Deal coalition since the depression. These were the "little people," "salt of the earth" "middle Americans" when they voted Democratic. Then, those full of hatred found their outlet in belittling those who voted for him.

"Obama-Trump voters … effectively accounted for more than two-thirds of the reason Clinton lost, according to Matt Canter, a senior vice president of the Democratic political firm Global Strategy Group. In his group’s analysis, about 70 percent of Clinton’s failure to reach Obama’s vote total in 2012 was because she lost these voters … His firm’s conclusion is shared broadly by other Democrats who have examined the data, including senior members of Clinton’s campaign and officials at the Democratic data and analytics firm Catalist."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/it-was-obama-trump-voters-in-the-midwest-with-econ-anxiety.html

[Again, I am not a Trump supporter. I am just describing some facts to correct ignorant stereotypes and what I see as real hatred and rage from both sides based on our political differences--very much like our attachment to sports teams] Maybe all this stress accounts for the recent decline in U. S. life expectancy.

How can you equate being educated with supporting, defending and voting for ignorance? You might be book smart but that hardly represents intelligence overall. (you being a generic you)

ThatOwlWoman
06-16-2018, 05:44 PM
How can you equate being educated with supporting, defending and voting for ignorance? You might be book smart but that hardly represents intelligence overall. (you being a generic you)

Good question. My husband had a work friend who he also went hunting with a couple of times. "Bob" also has a masters degree and is retired from a long career in IT. Mr. Owl always joked around that the friend and I could never meet because it would be like putting matter and anti-matter together. He was right. Bob befriended both of us on FB and that's when the trouble began. Suffice it to say that this man, who is obviously bright and well-educated, would get along great with our resident haters here like TDAK, CFM, etc. He is a Trump worshiper and Obama (who he referred to as "that Muslim from Kenya") hater. Don't know if Bob and Mr. Owl still are FB friends but I know I'm not. lol

That being said I'm sure that at least some of the more educated Trump voters sincerely believed that he was what the country needed. No way of knowing if they still believe that or not.

Flash
06-16-2018, 08:19 PM

Read the post again--nobody equated those things. I was challenging the statement that most Trump voters were uneducated white rural hicks with actual studies analyzing the characteristics of Trump and Clinton voters.

Republicans would claim these same working class whites without college degrees who voted for Obama in 2012 were voting for voting for ignorance then and be just as sincere as those claiming Trump voters were voting for ignorance. Political opinions about the candidates is a subjective judgment very different from a factual description of who voted for each candidate.

Jack
06-16-2018, 08:39 PM

interesting

You seem OBSESSED with 'pork' ("Goyim want a pork treat").
Any LOGICAL reason for that?

Like Muslims, that seems to be a RELIGIOUS tenet.

You seem like you are so deep into your religious cult, you can't see it.
How many Humanists ask people "Goyim want a pork treat"?
Now many Atheists ask people "Goyim want a pork treat"?

"Goyim want a pork treat" is used by a religious Jew who thinks it is an insult and VERY clever. Humanists and Atheists hear that, and see the speaker as a cult member, like all the other snake-handlers and people that speak in tongues.

RB 60
06-17-2018, 02:34 AM

Quit lying.

kudzu
06-17-2018, 04:47 AM
Quit lying.

You must be an Evangelical.

RB 60
06-17-2018, 04:50 AM

Yep, which proves you're a liar and have no clue as to what you're saying.

kudzu
06-17-2018, 04:53 AM
True. However, suppose I were to believe in the creation story as told by the first people where I sojourn. That's fine, until I start showing up at school board meetings and insisting that all the biology classes have to also include mention of Sky Woman and how she created Turtle Island, where we all still live to this day. Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

Last time I looked there were some 250 creation stories and many of them had a tree of life.

PostmodernProphet
06-17-2018, 05:14 AM
Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
Some Xtians see absolutely nothing wrong with trying to force public schools to teach "Intelligent Design" along with real science.

can you tell me some "real science" about the origin of the universe?.........please include only those scenarios that qualify as a theory under the definition of scientific theory....

a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation:

PostmodernProphet
06-17-2018, 05:16 AM

sorry child......the minute you said "male dominator god" you demonstrated you have purposefully suspended critical though..........

PostmodernProphet
06-17-2018, 05:17 AM

interesting

I was prepared to say no until I found out you had enough cohesion to have a web site......

kudzu
06-17-2018, 06:02 AM
can you tell me some "real science" about the origin of the universe?.........please include only those scenarios that qualify as a theory under the definition of scientific theory....

If you like creation myths, here's a whole bunch of them from different countries and cultures.

http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ab83

ThatOwlWoman
06-17-2018, 06:40 AM

What was your first clue? lol

ThatOwlWoman
06-17-2018, 06:41 AM
Last time I looked there were some 250 creation stories and many of them had a tree of life.

So the Intelligent Designites need to be careful what they wish for. Or we'll have to add two more years onto h.s. just to get in all the *other* creation myths as well as theirs, eh?

ThatOwlWoman
06-17-2018, 06:44 AM
If you like creation myths, here's a whole bunch of them from different countries and cultures.

Thanks! I know you were addressing PMP but thought I'd comment anyways. The creation stories tell a lot about us as a species. They're fascinating.

PostmodernProphet
06-17-2018, 06:45 AM

thanks for the link......I like it....

In strong contrast with all other creation myths, the Hebrew version has a simplicity and confidence deriving from a rugged monotheism. The Old Testament opens with a magnificently confident statement: 'In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.'

This first chapter of Genesis, in which the creation is described, is believed to be the work of priests in the 5th century BC. They give the impression of looking around them - to see what God needed to create - and then devising his programme. Since the sabbath is probably already sanctified as a day of rest, they need to fit the task into a working week of six days.

The resulting programme is eminently practical, from the first moment when everything is void and dark yet also somehow awash with water. Day 1, separate light from darkness, day from night. Day 2, make space among the encircling waters by pushing up the vault of the sky. Day 3, divide the material beneath this vault into earth and sea; and on the earth let there be vegetation. Day 4, attention returns to the vault of heaven; create sun and moon and stars. Day 5, it is time for creatures in water and air; create fishes and birds. Day 6, earth too must be populated; create land animals of all kinds, and man in God's image to supervise the creatures.

The task is done. God rests on the seventh day, and sanctifies it.

Jack
06-17-2018, 09:52 AM
I always envision the ancient people sitting around campfires at night, being asked by their children "How did it all start?", "Where did we come from", "What's the purpose of our existence?", "Is their an Afterlife?".
Every culture seems to have a Narrative. It is an interesting subject. It's part of our history.

evince
06-17-2018, 10:03 AM
what happened before

what can I feel proud about

what will happen after

they are the same questions in every humans life

in the past they made up what they told those kids

Now we can teach kids many more facts

They can then have more power over their own lives

that is why evil people like republican leaders hate education

evince
06-17-2018, 10:11 AM
You are racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs4Gj7JsET4

the pee wee defense huh Francis

bhaktajan
06-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Yep...all the smart elite vote demwit. Why all the bigotry? Because education does not equate to IQ, it simply reflects what one has been taught....if one is taught lies and immorality education = immorality. Its called hypocrisy when one professes to be one thing but acts in contradiction to those stated qualities. Do you think Bigotry is a true liberal quality? If not why not? Its clear that you are a bigot of the highest level. The real question is why are there so many highly educated leftists flipping burgers at Micky Ds or gossiping on social networks? The quality of education in this nation sucks because of liberal policies.

THE NEW IMPROVED TERRIFIC MR ROGERS:
Ricky Martin "I don't know, my kids are too young, but I wish they were gay, It is a very special thing ... "
https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/ricky-martin-coming-terms-sexuality/story?id=55754147

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood

Fentoine Lum
06-17-2018, 11:43 AM
what happened before

what can I feel proud about

what will happen after

they are the same questions in every humans life

in the past they made up what they told those kids

Now we can teach kids many more facts

They can then have more power over their own lives

that is why evil people like republican leaders hate education

Any of you folks hung up on your own pride are anathema to human progress.