PDA

View Full Version : Are right-wing evangelicals causing the rise in religious 'nones'?

Guno צְבִי
06-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Not only are the pasty faced cross grovelers naturally dying out but they are pushing what is left of younger people in their cabal away

The results were clear: the greater the political power and success of the Christian Right in each state, the more rapidly the number of nones had risen. A clear example can be seen in the aftermath of the rush to ban same-sex marriage in state constitutions around 2004. Despite the victory, the long-term results were disastrous for organized religion

http://bigthink.com/scotty-hendricks/are-right-wing-christian-evangelicals-accidentally-creating-more-religious-nones

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Why I left Scofieldism

www.gracegospel.org.uk/scofieldism.htm

Breaking away from the fascinating teachings of The Scofield Reference Bible was one of the most difficult ... That position is that Scofieldism is heresy, ...

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Scofield&heresy of Christian Zionism - LifeWay

C.I. Scofield: Father of the Heresy of Christian Zionism By Kevin A. Lehmann on in Christian Theology Does your church teach Christian Zionism and dual covenant theology—a separate plan

http://lifeway.org/download/Scofield-Father_of_Heresy_of_Christian_Zionism.pdf

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:14 AM
The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield

www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/scofield.htm

The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield. I am constantly amazed at the gross spiritual apathy and blasphemy of men and women, supposedly "Christians," who possess a woeful ignorance of the true meaning of the Kingdom of God.

Jack
06-03-2018, 09:22 AM
I love listening to Religious nut jobs talk about other Religious nut jobs.

evince
06-03-2018, 09:22 AM
most just want a ticket to heaven

to them its not about being a good human being

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:31 AM
I love listening to Religious nut jobs talk about other Religious nut jobs.

What?

Which religious nutjedobs.. Evangelicals followed a convicted criminal.. and the doctrine he taught was invented in 1830 by John Darby.

Most evangelicals on this board worship Trump.

Jack
06-03-2018, 09:40 AM
You and guno.
You're both so brainwashed, you think you're 'Humanists' or 'Agnostics' or whatever you think you are.

guno once asked me: "Goyim want a pork treat". hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:43 AM
You and guno.
You're both so brainwashed, you think you're 'Humanists' or 'Agnostics' or whatever you think you are.

guno once asked me: "Goyim want a pork treat". hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I am mainstream Episcopalian.. I have known how off base the Evangelicals are since the early 1970s.

Its really about lack of education.

evince
06-03-2018, 09:44 AM
its about evil and money

kudzu
06-03-2018, 09:49 AM
its about evil and money

NO.. its about Zionism.. The heresy was promoted by Samuel Untermeyer and Cyrus Schofield.

Jack
06-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I am mainstream Episcopalian.. I have known how off base the Evangelicals are since the early 1970s.

hahahahahaha ... yeah. Do you still practice cannibalism at your ceremonies? Eating the flesh, drinking the blood? Still support the High Priests 'initiating' the Alter Boys? And why do you reject the Caliph of Rome, that has always puzzled me???

kudzu
06-03-2018, 10:19 AM
hahahahahaha ... yeah. Do you still practice cannibalism at your ceremonies? Eating the flesh, drinking the blood? Still support the High Priests 'initiating' the Alter Boys? And why do you reject the Caliph of Rome, that has always puzzled me???

Communion is symbolic.. Don't let religion make you crazy.

Evangelicals have a persecution complex.. That's why they back Trump.

Jack
06-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Communion is symbolic.. Don't let religion make you crazy.

Evangelicals have a persecution complex.. That's why they back Trump.

"Don't let religion make you crazy."
Thanks, I won't. :)

Controlled Opposition
06-03-2018, 01:20 PM
The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield

www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/scofield.htm

The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield. I am constantly amazed at the gross spiritual apathy and blasphemy of men and women, supposedly "Christians," who possess a woeful ignorance of the true meaning of the Kingdom of God.

A good read which confirms the fact that Christian Zionists are the dumbest, most hateful people in America.

kudzu
06-03-2018, 01:44 PM
A good read which confirms the fact that Christian Zionists are the dumbest, most hateful people in America.

No question about that..

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2018, 03:38 PM
recently reviewed a poll taken in Michigan regarding religion.......67% stated they believed in God.....there was roughly an equal three way split......one third believed in God and attended church on a weekly basis.......one third believed in God and did NOT attend church......one third was divided between other religions, apathetics, agnostics and atheists.......atheists were under 5%......

Zarathustra
06-09-2018, 08:57 AM
If the Right wants to be taken seriously, they really do need to distance themselves from the Evangelical dumbfucks. Although they do seem to be getting the memo nowadays.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 09:19 AM
recently reviewed a poll taken in Michigan regarding religion.......67% stated they believed in God.....there was roughly an equal three way split......one third believed in God and attended church on a weekly basis.......one third believed in God and did NOT attend church......one third was divided between other religions, apathetics, agnostics and atheists.......atheists were under 5%......

If there had been no Scofield Bible

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?97010-If-there-had-been-no-Scofield-Bible

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2018, 11:49 AM
If there had been no Scofield Bible

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?97010-If-there-had-been-no-Scofield-Bible

why do waste so much time bringing up irrelevant things....who gives a fuck about scolfield's bible?.....

kudzu
06-09-2018, 11:51 AM
why do waste so much time bringing up irrelevant things....who gives a fuck about scolfield's bible?.....

The Scofield Bible is a con job that has fooled a lot of people and done a lot of damage. If you aren't interested, get off the thread.

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2018, 12:09 PM
The Scofield Bible is a con job that has fooled a lot of people and done a lot of damage. If you aren't interested, get off the thread.

you fucking idiot, this isn't the thread......

kudzu
06-09-2018, 12:33 PM
you fucking idiot, this isn't the thread......

Scofield teachings have taken over the Evangelicals.

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2018, 04:11 PM
Scofield teachings have taken over the Evangelicals.

does anyone even remember Scofield......that's so mid-century modern.....

kudzu
06-09-2018, 04:14 PM
does anyone even remember Scofield......that's so mid-century modern.....

Evangelicals have NO clue where their beliefs came from.

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Evangelicals have NO clue where their beliefs came from.

obviously, neither do you.....

kudzu
06-19-2018, 01:01 AM
obviously, neither do you.....

For a nation to commit the sin of anti-Semitism brings inevitable judgement.”

—The New Scofield Study Bible

Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans. When John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), said that “50 million evangelical bible-believing Christians unite with five million American Jews standing together on behalf of Israel,” it was the Scofield Bible that he was talking about.

Although the Scofield Reference Bible contains the text of the King James Authorized Version, it is not the traditional Protestant bible but Cyrus I. Scofield’s annotated commentary that is problematic. More than any other factor, it is Scofield’s notes that have induced generations of American evangelicals to believe that God demands their uncritical support for the modern State of Israel.

Blessing Israel, Cursing Its Critics

Central to Christian Zionist belief is Scofield’s commentary (italicized below) on Genesis 12:3: “‘I will bless them that bless thee.’ In fulfillment closely related to the next clause, ‘And curse him that curseth thee.’ Wonderfully fulfilled in the history of the dispersion. It has invariably fared ill with the people who have persecuted the Jew—well with those who have protected him. The future will still more remarkably prove this principle.”

Drawing on Scofield’s rather tendentious interpretation, Hagee claims, “The man or nation that lifts a voice or hand against Israel invites the wrath of God.”

But as Stephen Sizer points out in his definitive critique, Christian Zionism: Road-map to Armageddon? (available from AET’s Middle East Books and More): “The promise, when referring to Abraham’s descendants, speaks of God blessing them, not of entire nations ‘blessing’ the Hebrew nation, still less the contemporary and secular State of Israel.”

continued

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/05/the-scofield-bible-the-book-that-made-zionists-of-americas-evangelical-christians/

RB 60
06-19-2018, 01:36 AM

Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans. When John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), said that “50 million evangelical bible-believing Christians unite with five million American Jews standing together on behalf of Israel,” it was the Scofield Bible that he was talking about.

Although the Scofield Reference Bible contains the text of the King James Authorized Version, it is not the traditional Protestant bible but Cyrus I. Scofield’s annotated commentary that is problematic. More than any other factor, it is Scofield’s notes that have induced generations of American evangelicals to believe that God demands their uncritical support for the modern State of Israel.

Central to Christian Zionist belief is Scofield’s commentary (italicized below) on Genesis 12:3: “‘I will bless them that bless thee.’ In fulfillment closely related to the next clause, ‘And curse him that curseth thee.’ Wonderfully fulfilled in the history of the dispersion. It has invariably fared ill with the people who have persecuted the Jew—well with those who have protected him. The future will still more remarkably prove this principle.”

Drawing on Scofield’s rather tendentious interpretation, Hagee claims, “The man or nation that lifts a voice or hand against Israel invites the wrath of God.”

But as Stephen Sizer points out in his definitive critique, Christian Zionism: Road-map to Armageddon? (available from AET’s Middle East Books and More): “The promise, when referring to Abraham’s descendants, speaks of God blessing them, not of entire nations ‘blessing’ the Hebrew nation, still less the contemporary and secular State of Israel.”

continued

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/05/the-scofield-bible-the-book-that-made-zionists-of-americas-evangelical-christians/

Why this obsession with these lies?

kudzu
06-19-2018, 01:54 AM
Why this obsession with these lies?

We have a good many Evangelical Christians backing Trump.

Leonthecat
06-19-2018, 02:02 AM
Are right-wing evangelicals causing the rise in religious 'nones'?

We can only hope so.

Insanity creates a quest for sanity.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 02:06 AM
We have a good many Evangelical Christians backing Trump.

So? What does that have to do with you spreading lies?

kudzu
06-19-2018, 02:10 AM
So? What does that have to do with you spreading lies?

The only lie here is the Scofield heresy......

RB 60
06-19-2018, 02:17 AM
The only lie here is the Scofield heresy......

I told you from the start I never heard of it. Why the delusory bullshit?

kudzu
06-19-2018, 02:25 AM
I told you from the start I never heard of it. Why the delusory bullshit?

Your lack of education is not my problem.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 02:42 AM

Your lack of knowledge of what you are lying about isn't mine.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 02:43 AM
Your lack of knowledge of what you are lying about isn't mine.

Are you an evangelical?

RB 60
06-19-2018, 03:25 AM
Are you an evangelical?

You asked and I answered this question before. It's not my problem if you cannot recall your own questions and their answers.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 03:51 AM
You asked and I answered this question before. It's not my problem if you cannot recall your own questions and their answers.

Premillennialism and dispensationalism

By way of clarification, it should be noted that while all dispensationalists are by definition premillennial in their eschatology, not all premillennialists are dispensational in their theology. Historic Premillennialism (e.g. in George Eldon Ladd) rejects pre-tribulationalism, dispensationalism's radical tenets, and its uniquely Jewish view of the 1000 year millennium.

Historic premillennialism may be traced back to some of the early church fathers where it was sometimes termed "chiliasm."

The idea of different "dispensations" may be found in the writings of some of the early church fathers, and viewing the flow of biblical history as a series of "dispensations" may be seen in some works that pre-date Darby's dispensationalism, such as L'OEconomie Divine by Pierre Poiret (1646-1719). But these earlier works did not include the unique testing/failure motif described by Scofield or any hint of the underlying tenets of Darby's dispensationalism.

https://www.theopedia.com/dispensationalism

kudzu
06-19-2018, 03:53 AM
https://beingchristian.net/what-is-dominionism/

What is Dominionism?

RB 60
06-19-2018, 03:56 AM
Premillennialism and dispensationalism

By way of clarification, it should be noted that while all dispensationalists are by definition premillennial in their eschatology, not all premillennialists are dispensational in their theology. Historic Premillennialism (e.g. in George Eldon Ladd) rejects pre-tribulationalism, dispensationalism's radical tenets, and its uniquely Jewish view of the 1000 year millennium.

Historic premillennialism may be traced back to some of the early church fathers where it was sometimes termed "chiliasm."

The idea of different "dispensations" may be found in the writings of some of the early church fathers, and viewing the flow of biblical history as a series of "dispensations" may be seen in some works that pre-date Darby's dispensationalism, such as L'OEconomie Divine by Pierre Poiret (1646-1719). But these earlier works did not include the unique testing/failure motif described by Scofield or any hint of the underlying tenets of Darby's dispensationalism.

https://www.theopedia.com/dispensationalism

Another deflection. Why do you believe all this stupid shit?

kudzu
06-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Another deflection. Why do you believe all this stupid shit?

Both Dominionism and Dispensationalism arise from the Scofield teachings.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 04:01 AM
Both Dominionism and Dispensationalism arise from the Scofield teachings.

As I said, I've never heard of this Scofield.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 04:03 AM
As I said, I've never heard of this Scofield.

If you belong to the Christian Right, you are probably a Dominionist without even knowing where that doctrine comes from.

“Defined in its simplest form, Christian Dominionism is a political approach to Christian faith based on a literal interpretation of Genesis Chapter 1 verses 26 – 28 of the Christian Bible. Believers perceive themselves as the “chosen” or the “elect”, commanded by God to “subdue” the earth and “have dominion” over all living creatures.

The goal of Christian Dominionism in the United States is to abolish Separation of Church and State, establishing it as a distinctively Christian Nation based upon Old Testament Mosaic Law.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 04:04 AM
If you belong to the Christian Right, you are probably a Dominionist without even knowing where that doctrine comes from.

“Defined in its simplest form, Christian Dominionism is a political approach to Christian faith based on a literal interpretation of Genesis Chapter 1 verses 26 – 28 of the Christian Bible. Believers perceive themselves as the “chosen” or the “elect”, commanded by God to “subdue” the earth and “have dominion” over all living creatures.

The goal of Christian Dominionism in the United States is to abolish Separation of Church and State, establishing it as a distinctively Christian Nation based upon Old Testament Mosaic Law.

Are you insane?

kudzu
06-19-2018, 04:04 AM
The Creeping Dominionism Of the Religious Right
Kyle MantylaBy Kyle Mantyla | May 5, 2010 2:38 pm
I have to admit that I am not sure if I can seeing the rise of dominion theology more and more among the Religious Right because it is a) becoming more prevalent or b) it has always been there but I am now aware of it and therefore noticing it more.

As we noted recently, Janet Porter’s entire May Day 2010 prayer rally was built around “7 Mountains” theology; the idea that Christians are to take dominion over, literally, seven specific facets of modern life in order to wrest control away from Satan and his demonic spirits so that Christians can put them to use in bringing about God’s kingdom on Earth: (1) Business; (2) Government; (3) Media; (4) Arts and Entertainment; (5) Education; (6) Family; and (7) Religion.

Porter’s rally featured dozens of Religious Right leaders, all repenting and praying for one of these specific mountains. Some of them, like Cindy Jacobs, clearly subscribe to 7 Mountains theology, but others – like Tony Perkins, Mat Staver, Rick Scarborough, Rob Schenck, and Bryan Fischer – may or may not, but that didn’t stop them from participating in this event, though it did lead VCY America to drop Porter’s radio program because of her increasing involvement with this sort of dominionist theology.

Today, while watching the Family Research Council’s pre-National Day of Prayer webcast, I noticed that the last half-hour or so was given over to attendees gathering in small groups and praying specifically for each one of these same 7 Mountains in five minute intervals.

In fact, the official mission from the National Day of Prayer Task Force appears to be 7 Mountains-based (with the one exception being that the Task Force appears to consolidate arts and entertainment under the “media” title and adding the military to fill that open spot):

The National Day of Prayer Task Force’s mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family.

continued

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/the-creeping-dominionism-of-the-religious-right/

kudzu
06-19-2018, 04:05 AM
Are you insane?

What do you believe in?

RB 60
06-19-2018, 04:05 AM
The Creeping Dominionism Of the Religious Right
Kyle MantylaBy Kyle Mantyla | May 5, 2010 2:38 pm
I have to admit that I am not sure if I can seeing the rise of dominion theology more and more among the Religious Right because it is a) becoming more prevalent or b) it has always been there but I am now aware of it and therefore noticing it more.

As we noted recently, Janet Porter’s entire May Day 2010 prayer rally was built around “7 Mountains” theology; the idea that Christians are to take dominion over, literally, seven specific facets of modern life in order to wrest control away from Satan and his demonic spirits so that Christians can put them to use in bringing about God’s kingdom on Earth: (1) Business; (2) Government; (3) Media; (4) Arts and Entertainment; (5) Education; (6) Family; and (7) Religion.

Porter’s rally featured dozens of Religious Right leaders, all repenting and praying for one of these specific mountains. Some of them, like Cindy Jacobs, clearly subscribe to 7 Mountains theology, but others – like Tony Perkins, Mat Staver, Rick Scarborough, Rob Schenck, and Bryan Fischer – may or may not, but that didn’t stop them from participating in this event, though it did lead VCY America to drop Porter’s radio program because of her increasing involvement with this sort of dominionist theology.

Today, while watching the Family Research Council’s pre-National Day of Prayer webcast, I noticed that the last half-hour or so was given over to attendees gathering in small groups and praying specifically for each one of these same 7 Mountains in five minute intervals.

In fact, the official mission from the National Day of Prayer Task Force appears to be 7 Mountains-based (with the one exception being that the Task Force appears to consolidate arts and entertainment under the “media” title and adding the military to fill that open spot):

The National Day of Prayer Task Force’s mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family.

continued

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/the-creeping-dominionism-of-the-religious-right/

Well, that answers my above question...

kudzu
06-19-2018, 04:09 AM
Well, that answers my above question...

Many Evangelicals have aligned themselves with Trump.. and most of them don't know they are following the Scofield heresy.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 04:12 AM
Many Evangelicals have aligned themselves with Trump.. and most of them don't know they are following the Scofield heresy.

We've been over this before, your ignorance is duly noted.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 04:26 AM
We've been over this before, your ignorance is duly noted.

Then why are you posting on this thread?

countryboy
06-19-2018, 05:16 AM

Why do you think Episcopalians are any less heretical than Word of Faith adherents?

countryboy
06-19-2018, 05:18 AM
its about evil and money

Yes, we are all well aware what modern liberalism is about.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 05:32 AM
Why do you think Episcopalians are any less heretical than Word of Faith adherents?

Some Episcopalians have been infected with the Scofield heresy.

Word of Faith is a prosperity doctrine, isn't it?

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/dominionismexposed.html

Oral Roberts would be a Word of Faith preacher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_Faith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 05:51 AM
What?

Which religious nutjedobs.. Evangelicals followed a convicted criminal.. and the doctrine he taught was invented in 1830 by John Darby.

As a Taoist, I am fine with that.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 05:54 AM
What?

As a Taoist, I am fine with that.

...and you believe that bullshit too?

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 05:55 AM
...and you believe that bullshit too?

As a Taoist, I am fine with you thinking that is bullshit. You do you, girl.

countryboy
06-19-2018, 05:57 AM
Some Episcopalians have been infected with the Scofield heresy.

Word of Faith is a prosperity doctrine, isn't it?

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/dominionismexposed.html

Oral Roberts would be a Word of Faith preacher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_Faith

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_Roberts

Lol, why don't you just be honest, and admit you have no idea what you're talking about? Good grief, it's like trying to have a conversation with a two year old.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 05:58 AM
As a Taoist, I am fine with you thinking that is bullshit. You do you, girl.

You make no sense...

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 06:00 AM
You make no sense...

As a Taoist, I am fine with you having no senses.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 06:07 AM
As a Taoist, I am fine with you having no senses.

I couldn't care less what you are. Why do you believe kudzu's claim I believe something I do not?

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 06:13 AM
I couldn't care less what you are. Why do you believe kudzu's claim I believe something I do not?

As a Taoist, I don't care what he believes about what you believe. Why does Kudzu's judgment of your beliefs matter to you?

RB 60
06-19-2018, 06:16 AM
As a Taoist, I don't care what he believes about what you believe. Why does Kudzu's judgment of your beliefs matter to you?

Because his/her "judgement" of my beliefs is incorrect.

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:16 AM

continued

fuck scofield and your obsession with him.....

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:17 AM

you are right......your lack of relevancy is the problem.....

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:18 AM

if you post this crap you are likely a mindless lib'rul without even knowing it......

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:19 AM

I'm not familiar with his translation of the bible, please quote scofield's endorsement of Trump......

kudzu
06-19-2018, 06:21 AM
I'm not familiar with his translation of the bible, please quote scofield's endorsement of Trump......

You mean you still don't know? Dominionism and Dispensationalism are pure Scofield. Have you ever heard about the Darbyites?

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:21 AM
Why does Kudzu's judgment of your beliefs matter to you?

for one thing, that judgment is based on ignorance........do things said in ignorance matter to you as a Taoist?......

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:22 AM
You mean you still don't know? Dominionism and Dispensationalism are pure Scofield. Have you ever heard about the Darbyites?

actually, no......nor do I give a fuck about them.......

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 06:31 AM
for one thing, that judgment is based on ignorance........do things said in ignorance matter to you as a Taoist?......

Releasing judgment resolves conflict. It is the part I have the hardest time with, so today, someone else's ignorance is not my concern...well until I go to work at which point I will be beating my head against the wall.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 06:35 AM
actually, no......nor do I give a fuck about them.......

What church do you belong to.. perhaps I can help.

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Because his/her "judgement" of my beliefs is incorrect.

Social judgment....humm....I was being more rhetorical in my question, but needing to be perceived by others in a manner you deem correct or accurate gives others power over you emotionally and spiritually.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 06:36 AM

We can clear this up in a jiffy if you aren't afraid to tell us what church you attend or what denomination you belong to.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 06:49 AM
Social judgment....humm....I was being more rhetorical in my question, but needing to be perceived by others in a manner you deem correct or accurate gives others power over you emotionally and spiritually.

How can you come to that conclusion when I clearly stated those were not my beliefs?
No one has that "power" over me in any way, shape or form, especially those who claim they may (including you).

RB 60
06-19-2018, 06:50 AM
We can clear this up in a jiffy if you aren't afraid to tell us what church you attend or what denomination you belong to.

I told you I answered that question before, go back and look.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 06:56 AM
I told you I answered that question before, go back and look.

Are you afraid to repeat it? I have no way to find it.

RB 60
06-19-2018, 06:59 AM
Are you afraid to repeat it? I have no way to find it.

I told you I was an Evangelical. It's not my responsibility to repeat myself because you have comprehension issues. I am done arguing with you.

kudzu
06-19-2018, 07:09 AM
I told you I was an Evangelical. It's not my responsibility to repeat myself because you have comprehension issues. I am done arguing with you.

The January Evangelical Leaders Survey showed that 65 percent identify with premillennial theology, 13 percent with amillennial and 4 percent with postmillennial. Seventeen percent responded “other.”

The various millennial views stem from different interpretations of Revelation 20, which speaks of the binding of Satan and the reign of Christ and his followers on earth for 1,000 years (a “millennium”).

Premillennialism, which received wide acceptance by many evangelicals through the publishing of the Scofield Reference Bible in 1909, teaches the belief that Jesus Christ will come to earth for the second time after a period of tribulation, followed by a literal 1,000 year period in which Christ and his followers reign on earth. Premillennialists disagree on whether believers will rise and join Jesus (an event called the “rapture”) before, during or after the tribulation period.

Amillennialists believe that the non-literal millennial reign of Christ is happening now as Christ reigns at the right hand of the Father. Postmillennialists believe Christ’s second coming occurs after the 1,000-year period during which humanity gradually improves under the reign of Christ.

https://www.nae.net/premillennialism-reigns-in-evangelical-theology/

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 07:41 AM
How can you come to that conclusion when I clearly stated those were not my beliefs?
No one has that "power" over me in any way, shape or form, especially those who claim they may (including you).

Clearly social judgment is important to your ego. Not surprising. Peer pressure is a very conservative trait and the need to judge is both a conservative and a Christian trait.

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 09:14 AM
What church do you belong to.. perhaps I can help.

not one that considers Scofield......that's all the help you need.....

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 09:15 AM

why do you think there is something that needs clearing up......all you need to do is realize you don't know what the fuck you are talking about and wander off in another direction.....

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Clearly social judgment is important to your ego. Not surprising. Peer pressure is a very conservative trait and the need to judge is both a conservative and a Christian trait.

lol.....does your judgmental post then make you a conservative Christian?......

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 09:30 AM
lol.....does your judgmental post then make you a conservative Christian?......

Observation is not the same thing as judgment.

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 10:25 AM
Observation is not the same thing as judgment.

you're not going to pretend that your comment wasn't judgmental are you........lol......

kudzu
06-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Survey: Majority of Evangelical Leaders Believe in Rapture ...

Harold Camping may have been wrong about the date but he isn't alone in his beliefs in the Rapture. A survey released Wednesday shows the majority of evangelical Christian leaders worldwide believe in the Rapture, the teaching that as the end of the world draws near, Christians will be instantly ...

snip

Evolution: Almost 9 in 10 leaders (88 percent) reject the notion that human beings evolved over time due to natural processes. About half (47 percent) believe humans and other living things existed in their present form since the beginning of time while 41 percent believe that a supreme being guided the evolutionary process. Only 3 percent believe natural processes such as natural selection were part of human evolution.

snip

Evangelical leaders from sub-Saharan Africa were the most likely to believe in the Rapture, with 82 percent subscribing to this End Times belief.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/global-evangelical-leaders-believe-in-rapture-imminent-second-coming-of-jesus-51504/

Irish Exit
06-19-2018, 02:29 PM
you're not going to pretend that your comment wasn't judgmental are you........lol......

You can pretend anything you want to pretend, but that does not change that observation is not the same thing as judgment.

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 02:41 PM
You can pretend anything you want to pretend, but that does not change that observation is not the same thing as judgment.

is that your judgment?.....

Guno צְבִי
06-19-2018, 03:11 PM
New Survey Shows Young People Are Staying Liberal and Conservatives Are Dying Off :laugh:

For obvious reasons, the broadly liberal demographic trends in American politics have received much less attention since the 2016 election. Yet the fact remains that America is politically sorted by generations in a way it never has before. The oldest voters are the most conservative, white, and Republican (the dying subspecies) , and the youngest voters the most liberal, racially diverse, and Democratic. There is absolutely no sign the dynamic is abating during the Trump years. If anything, it is accelerating.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/new-survey-young-staying-liberal-conservatives-dying-off.html

PostmodernProphet
06-19-2018, 06:35 PM
New Survey Shows Young People Are Staying Liberal and Conservatives Are Dying Off :laugh:

For obvious reasons, the broadly liberal demographic trends in American politics have received much less attention since the 2016 election. Yet the fact remains that America is politically sorted by generations in a way it never has before. The oldest voters are the most conservative, white, and Republican (the dying subspecies) , and the youngest voters the most liberal, racially diverse, and Democratic. There is absolutely no sign the dynamic is abating during the Trump years. If anything, it is accelerating.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/new-survey-young-staying-liberal-conservatives-dying-off.html

the bad news, guano.......young people become old people.....