PDA

View Full Version : Pew Study: Atheists Sometimes More Religious Than Christians ...

kudzu
06-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Pew Study: Atheists Sometimes More Religious Than Christians ...

May 30, 2018 · According to The Atlantic, American atheists are more religious than Christians in a lot of European countries, a Pew Research Center study showed.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pew-research-center-christians-atheists-agnosticism/2018/05/31/id/863495/

American atheists are more religious than Christians in a lot of European countries, a new study shows.

Researchers compared a Pew Research Center study of Christian identity in Western Europe, with data previously gathered in the United States, The Atlantic reported.

Their findings included that Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans, and American "nones" — those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European "nones."

But the third finding was the stunner: American "nones" are as religious as — or even more religious than — Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.

"That was a surprise," Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher, told The Atlantic. "That's the comparison that's fascinating to me."

According to Sahgal, 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty; 27 percent of American "nones" say that. The survey also found 11 percent of Western Europeans now call themselves "spiritual but not religious."

Joseph Blankholm, a professor at UC Santa Barbara who focuses on atheism and secularism, told The Atlantic the Cold War is key to understanding why the United States has not secularized as profoundly as Europe has.

"The 1950s were the most religious America has ever been," he told the outlet. "'In God We Trust' becomes the official national motto. 'Under God' is entered into the pledge of allegiance. That identity is being consciously formed by specific actors like [Presidents Harry] Truman and [Dwight D.] Eisenhower, who are promoting a Christian identity at home and abroad, over against a godless communism. It's the Christianization of America — as a Cold War tool."

In the new Pew study, 27 percent of Americans call themselves "spiritual but not religious," praying regularly and believing in God, The Atlantic reported.

kudzu
06-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

Continued

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/american-atheists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Irish Exit
06-02-2018, 04:14 PM
More of our Atheists believe in God than more of their Atheists? At least I know where Hillary Clinton's pollsters found work....

kudzu
06-02-2018, 04:16 PM
More of our Atheists believe in God than more of their Atheists? At least I know where Hillary Clinton's pollsters found work....

What? What does a Pew study have to do with Hillary?

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2018, 04:17 PM
uh dude......if someone says they believe in God, they aren't atheists......

Jack
06-02-2018, 04:21 PM

I didn't even read Princess kudzu's post. Thanks PostmodernProphet for pointing this out. I don't usually use the word Idiot, ... but in this case it's fitting. (shaking head)

Irish Exit
06-02-2018, 05:40 PM
What? What does a Pew study have to do with Hillary?

I said her pollsters...

Irish Exit
06-02-2018, 05:42 PM

The study is a little more nuanced than Newsmax or Kudzu vine would have you believe. You can access it from the right if you so desire in PDF form from the original source at http://www.pewforum.org/2008/06/01/u-s-religious-landscape-survey-religious-beliefs-and-practices/

kudzu
06-02-2018, 05:53 PM
The study is a little more nuanced than Newsmax or Kudzu vine would have you believe. You can access it from the right if you so desire in PDF form from the original source at http://www.pewforum.org/2008/06/01/u-s-religious-landscape-survey-religious-beliefs-and-practices/

That's why I posted a second link to the Atlantic.

Irish Exit
06-02-2018, 05:57 PM
That's why I posted a second link to the Atlantic.

Or you could have just gone to the source...like I did.

Guno צְבִי
06-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Atheist: A a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Jack
06-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Atheist: A a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.

Thanks, guno. Does anybody know Arabic so Princess kudzu can understand that 'Atheists' aren't religious.

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2018, 07:28 PM

no.....an atheist DENIES deity......agnostics or apathetics are not atheists.......

domer76
06-02-2018, 10:40 PM
I didn't even read Princess kudzu's post. Thanks PostmodernProphet for pointing this out. I don't usually use the word Idiot, ... but in this case it's fitting. (shaking head)

I know many atheists who are more christian than so-called "Christians". One does not have to be religious to possess and adhere to moral principles.

Jack
06-02-2018, 10:50 PM
I know many atheists who are more christian than so-called "Christians". One does not have to be religious to possess and adhere to moral principles.

Oh. I AGREE with that 100%.

Part of 'Christianity is 'Brotherhood' and 'Compassion'. You see these so-called Christians anything but 'Brotherly' and 'Compassionate'.

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2018, 05:54 AM
first of all I want to thank you for saying that being "Christian" implies a higher level of morality.....however, "Christian" is a description for someone who believes in Jesus Christ, not for a person who has achieved what you have chosen for your own standards for action.........being "nice" doesn't make you a believer.....especially when you think being "nice" includes encouraging people to kill their children, do drugs and have casual sex........

iolo
06-03-2018, 06:00 AM
'Religion', like everything else in America, is deeply mixed up with profit, but there are very few Christians there. Because of the business necessity for religion a sizable number of those who reject it keep defining themselves in its terms, as if it mattered. Most Europeans have moved on, because their religion (if they have one) is not profit.

Jack
06-03-2018, 06:52 AM
first of all I want to thank you for saying that being "Christian" implies a higher level of morality.....however, "Christian" is a description for someone who believes in Jesus Christ, not for a person who has achieved what you have chosen for your own standards for action.........being "nice" doesn't make you a believer.....especially when you think being "nice" includes encouraging people to kill their children, do drugs and have casual sex........

PMP: "first of all I want to thank you for saying that being "Christian" implies a higher level of morality."
I don't think anyone has said that or is implying that.

PMP: "however, "Christian" is a description for someone who believes in Jesus Christ,"
And it implies someone who has bought into the Christian Philosophy.

PMP: "being "nice" doesn't make you a believer.....especially when you think being "nice" includes encouraging people to kill their children, do drugs and have casual sex........"
Now THAT is being 'Christian'. Making up some lie, some falsehood, some fiction. No one that I know is 'encouraging' people to have abortions or do drugs.

ThatOwlWoman
06-03-2018, 07:32 AM

I was going to make the same comment.

I don't think that someone who falls in the category of "none" is necessarily an atheist; it seems to mean only that they don't follow a particular religious sect. Definitely if a person claims to have belief in a god or gods, they are not an a-theist.

Interesting study though.... confirms what many of us have thought regarding our penchant for trying to insert religion into everything including public life.

Guno צְבִי
06-03-2018, 07:33 AM

If you consider the klan , the southern baptists and jim crow,the inquisition and crusades a higher form of morality. then you really have problem with reality

kudzu
06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
If you consider the klan , the southern baptists and jim crow,the inquisition and crusades a higher form of morality. then you really have problem with reality

Driven out by rising extremism, more Israelis are leaving ...

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium.MAGAZINE-with-rising-extremism-more-israelis-are-leaving-orthodox-judaism-1.6170676

‘I wanted no more of it’ Driven Out by Rising Extremism, More Israelis Are Leaving Orthodox Judaism . Religious Zionists leaving the fold say they are increasingly accepted by their families, as community’s push for stricter observance and hard-line views leads more young people to become secular

Jack
06-12-2018, 12:27 PM
Driven out by rising extremism, more Israelis are leaving ...

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium.MAGAZINE-with-rising-extremism-more-israelis-are-leaving-orthodox-judaism-1.6170676

‘I wanted no more of it’ Driven Out by Rising Extremism, More Israelis Are Leaving Orthodox Judaism . Religious Zionists leaving the fold say they are increasingly accepted by their families, as community’s push for stricter observance and hard-line views leads more young people to become secular

Any chance that will be occurring in your home country of Saudi Arabia?

kudzu
06-12-2018, 12:37 PM

Well, Its been about 12 years ago that young Islamic scholars announced that a lot of what passes for Islam is really ancient tribal practices... You have to remember that during the Ottoman Empire the whole Arabian peninsula stagnated and literacy suffered.

So to answer your question .. yes..

Saudi Arabia took a giant step backward in 1979 when Iran had its revolution and there was the siege of the Grand mosque. It scared them.. They weren't that strict before.. They even had movie theaters.

kudzu
06-12-2018, 12:38 PM

Well, Its been about 12 years ago that young Islamic scholars announced that a lot of what passes for Islam is really ancient tribal practices... You have to remember that during the Ottoman Empire the whole Arabian peninsula stagnated and literacy suffered.

So to answer your question .. yes..

Saudi Arabia took a giant step backward in 1979 when Iran had its revolution and there was the siege of the Grand mosque. It scared them.. They weren't that strict before.. They even had movie theaters.

Jack
06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
"Saudi Arabia has had no written ban on women driving, but Saudi law requires citizens use a locally issued license while in the country. Such licenses have not been issued to women, making it effectively illegal for women to drive." wiki

Any chance your country will let you drive soon?

Jack
06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
Will KSA allow the distribution and teaching of the Scofield Bible?
(I know you support the importation and teaching of the Koran in the USA)

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2018, 03:00 PM

aren't the first three the zenith of the demmycrat party?.......

Phantasmal
06-12-2018, 06:00 PM
So, you just proclaim yourself a follower of Jesus and bam, that’s it, I alway thought when you truly accepted Jesus you became like him, highly moral, and the standards you should follow are Biblical, according to what you have said.

Ohhhh, casual sex, how horrible! drugs as in alcohol? Don’t you embibe?

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2018, 06:37 PM
So, you just proclaim yourself a follower of Jesus and bam, that’s it,

obviously no........just proclaiming without actually being is a lib'rul thing, not a Christian thing.......

Don’t you embibe?

I can honestly say I have never ever embibed......

Phantasmal
06-12-2018, 06:42 PM
obviously no........just proclaiming without actually being is a lib'rul thing, not a Christian thing.......

I can honestly say I have never ever embibed......
How about imbibe? Spelling error

PostmodernProphet
06-12-2018, 06:58 PM
How about imbibe? Spelling error

I'm sorry......you only get one chance at eternal happiness.......you fucked up.......

Phantasmal
06-12-2018, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry......you only get one chance at eternal happiness.......you fucked up.......
Is your name Yahweh?

Leonthecat
06-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Pew Study: Atheists Sometimes More Religious Than Christians ...

May 30, 2018 · According to The Atlantic, American atheists are more religious than Christians in a lot of European countries, a Pew Research Center study showed.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/pew-research-center-christians-atheists-agnosticism/2018/05/31/id/863495/

American atheists are more religious than Christians in a lot of European countries, a new study shows.

Researchers compared a Pew Research Center study of Christian identity in Western Europe, with data previously gathered in the United States, The Atlantic reported.

Their findings included that Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans, and American "nones" — those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European "nones."

But the third finding was the stunner: American "nones" are as religious as — or even more religious than — Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.

"That was a surprise," Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher, told The Atlantic. "That's the comparison that's fascinating to me."

According to Sahgal, 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty; 27 percent of American "nones" say that. The survey also found 11 percent of Western Europeans now call themselves "spiritual but not religious."

Joseph Blankholm, a professor at UC Santa Barbara who focuses on atheism and secularism, told The Atlantic the Cold War is key to understanding why the United States has not secularized as profoundly as Europe has.

"The 1950s were the most religious America has ever been," he told the outlet. "'In God We Trust' becomes the official national motto. 'Under God' is entered into the pledge of allegiance. That identity is being consciously formed by specific actors like [Presidents Harry] Truman and [Dwight D.] Eisenhower, who are promoting a Christian identity at home and abroad, over against a godless communism. It's the Christianization of America — as a Cold War tool."

In the new Pew study, 27 percent of Americans call themselves "spiritual but not religious," praying regularly and believing in God, The Atlantic reported.

How can one with no religion be more religious. The statement makes no sense.
Perhaps they mean to say more moral.
I could buy that.

Leonthecat
06-12-2018, 07:25 PM

Pastor PmP thinks he is going to live forever.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/af9bc329794fa6666519d4d02ed76b81/tenor.gif?itemid=5516122https://media1.tenor.com/images/af9bc329794fa6666519d4d02ed76b81/tenor.gif?itemid=5516122

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2018, 04:32 AM
Is your name Yahweh?

I thought that was YOUR fantasy.......you spend enough time telling me I'm not moral enough for you and Christianity.......

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 04:35 AM
I thought that was YOUR fantasy.......you spend enough time telling me I'm not moral enough for you and Christianity.......
You just seem to think you know the mind of God and yes, you are a fake Christian, you would never act in church the way you act here. That make you a faux Christian.

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2018, 04:43 AM
You just seem to think you know the mind of God

not hard when he wrote it down......

yes, you are a fake Christian, you would never act in church the way you act here. That make you a faux Christian

as usual you blame the messenger.......

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 04:53 AM
not hard when he wrote it down......

as usual you blame the messenger.......
Sorry, you’re a horrible messenger and God wrote nothing down, it was humans believing they were inspired by God. This is where my doubt comes in because there are many text written by humans claiming to be inspired by God, all believing they have the truth.

06-13-2018, 05:03 AM
You just seem to think you know the mind of God and yes, you are a fake Christian, you would never act in church the way you act here. That make you a faux Christian. Let me try to understand how and why you judge some so harshly here....yet completely excuse the vile words and actions of others who are clearly more fake, immoral, faux than PostmodernProphet...just curious...

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Sorry, you’re a horrible messenger and God wrote nothing down, it was humans believing they were inspired by God. This is where my doubt comes in because there are many text written by humans claiming to be inspired by God, all believing they have the truth.

and you have made your choices.......see?.......yet you still blame me........

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 05:11 AM
Let me try to understand how and why you judge some so harshly here....yet completely excuse the vile words and actions of others who are clearly more fake, immoral, faux than PostmodernProphet...just curious...
Your opinion that others are more fake immoral and faux then prophet. Prophet condemns others action and uses his religion to beat others over the head with it while saying and promoting very unChristlike things. He claims to be a member of good standing in his church, I don’t think they would be at all impressed with his conduct here. It’s why I berate him, he’s a phoney

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 05:13 AM
and you have made your choices.......see?.......yet you still blame me........
Lol, I don’t blame you, I just think you suck at promoting Jesus.

06-13-2018, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423639]Your opinion that others are more fake immoral and faux then prophet. Prophet condemns others action and uses his religion to beat others over the head with it while saying and promoting very unChristlike things. He claims to be a member of good standing in his church, I don’t think they would be at all impressed with his conduct here. It’s why I berate him, he’s a phoney[/If that's my opinion, then you are just giving an opinion as well, aren't you? If you're going to judge by what's posted here then you would do well to pay closer attention to and berate the others who are much bigger phonies around here. And you don't.
That's all...

iolo
06-13-2018, 05:28 AM
I think the key point is not that Americans are 'religious' but that the pretence of religion is needed to make money in most communities over there, whereas, over here, it is a matter of intelligence, conscience and such.

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2018, 05:36 AM
Lol, I don’t blame you, I just think you suck at promoting Jesus.

any thing can promote Jesus.....

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 05:38 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423639]Your opinion that others are more fake immoral and faux then prophet. Prophet condemns others action and uses his religion to beat others over the head with it while saying and promoting very unChristlike things. He claims to be a member of good standing in his church, I don’t think they would be at all impressed with his conduct here. It’s why I berate him, he’s a phoney[/If that's my opinion, then you are just giving an opinion as well, aren't you? If you're going to judge by what's posted here then you would do well to pay closer attention to and berate the others who are much bigger phonies around here. And you don't.
That's all...
I have no idea what you are talking about, again. I don’t see others using their religion then being vile as Prophet does, perhaps you could stop being so vague and give an example?

I know leanright is a great example of a Christian on this forum. He walks the walk and talks the talk, I’d like to attend his church and hear him preach. I’m thinking about taking a road trip in the future to do it. I would very much like to meet him. I really like and respect him.

PostmodernProphet
06-13-2018, 05:43 AM
Prophet condemns others action and uses his religion to beat others over the head with it while saying and promoting very unChristlike things.

you promote killing children.......I promote calling people who kill children lib'rul cunts......you think you are more moral than I am......../go figure.......

06-13-2018, 05:44 AM
[QUOTE=TOP;2423649]
I have no idea what you are talking about, again. I don’t see others using their religion then being vile as Prophet does, perhaps you could stop being so vague and give an example?

I know leanright is a great example of a Christian on this forum. He walks the walk and talks the talk, I’d like to attend his church and hear him preach. I’m thinking about taking a road trip in the future to do it. I would very much like to meet him. I really like and respect him. I'm sure you don't "know what I'm talking about"...that's always your answer when you refuse to apply the same rules to everyone around here.
That's a change in you from what I saw when we first "chatted" about the kind of things that you dislike...but, that's your choice, and I'll "respect" that...
Have a blessed day...and good luck

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423674] I'm sure you don't "know what I'm talking about"...that's always your answer when you refuse to apply the same rules to everyone around here.
That's a change in you from what I saw when we first "chatted" about the kind of things that you dislike...but, that's your choice, and I'll "respect" that...
I criticize everyone who tells people they are going to hell and using their religion as a weapon and then turn around and do something unChristlike. You just haven’t been paying attention.

I assume in your vagueness that you are referring to Owl? I have never seen Owl preach to someone or use her religion to condemn them, if she does, then I’ll call her a fake when she calls you or anyone a vile name. I promise.

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423674] I'm sure you don't "know what I'm talking about"...that's always your answer when you refuse to apply the same rules to everyone around here.
PS: heal thy self physician, you only get upset when people use vile names against you, but I haven’t seen you call anyone out when they do it to others, like Christie. So, I guess you refuse to apply the rules to everyone as well.

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:08 AM
That's all...

(responds to word salad) We can always tell when you're getting flustered; your already-tenuous command of English deteriorates as you melt down.

For someone who lives to attack and spite on other ppl, and assign them negative psychiatric labels, you don't have a lot of room to talk about what others say here. Phantasmal is correct: PMP does not do a good job of representing his Jesus, and neither do you.

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=TOP;2423649]

I know leanright is a great example of a Christian on this forum. He walks the walk and talks the talk, I’d like to attend his church and hear him preach. I’m thinking about taking a road trip in the future to do it. I would very much like to meet him. I really like and respect him.

I do too; he might be on the right, but he's righteous.

06-13-2018, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=TOP;2423677]
PS: heal thy self physician, you only get upset when people use vile names against you, but I haven’t seen you call anyone out when they do it to others, like Christie. So, I guess you refuse to apply the rules to everyone as well.
And? I guess I'm applying the rules quite fairly, as a matter of fact...thank you for pointing that out...I don't have time to yell at everyone, you know...
Are you doing the same? Just calling out those who get upset when they use vile names against you? Perhaps I'm "misjudging" you...lol...
Let me know;)

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=TOP;2423677]

Toxic is constantly upset by the c-word, yet I have not once seen her say anything to Havana when *he* calls ppl that. Same with the copious use of the n-word around here.

06-13-2018, 06:12 AM
Love the "quote"...lol And the meltdowns begin....
I'm guessing about 5 today...

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:17 AM
Love the "quote"...lol And the meltdowns begin....
I'm guessing about 5 today...

I haven't seen all your posts so far today, but five sounds about right. You have 3-4 on this thread alone. Going for a new personal best!

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423692]
And? I guess I'm applying the rules quite fairly, as a matter of fact...thank you for pointing that out...I don't have time to yell at everyone, you know...
Are you doing the same? Just calling out those who get upset when they use vile names against you? Perhaps I'm "misjudging" you...lol...
Let me know;)
Woosh, again the difference escapes you. I don’t just condemn Prophet for his vile language, I condemn him for his faux Christianity, why do you keep missing that point, you really can’t be this dense?

I think you have the same amount of time to correct them as you have to correct me for not correcting them, it’s a lame excuse.

Phantasmal
06-13-2018, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE=Phantasmal;2423692]

Toxic is constantly upset by the c-word, yet I have not once seen her say anything to Havana when *he* calls ppl that. Same with the copious use of the n-word around here.
She doesn’t have time :laugh:

06-13-2018, 06:21 AM
There's number 2....though they're pretty weak...Step it up!
Guess last night

06-13-2018, 06:22 AM
[QUOTE=TOP;2423701]
Woosh, again the difference escapes you. I don’t just condemn Prophet for his vile language, I condemn him for his faux Christianity, why do you keep missing that point, you really can’t be this dense?

I think you have the same amount of time to correct them as you have to correct me for not correcting them, it’s a lame excuse.
They don't have two different sets of rules..lol You do;)

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:24 AM

She has plenty of time to spend here following around those she envies and emulates. We've all seen the horrible things that Evince's detractors call her. Meanwhile, Toxic is not only silent about that, but often eggs them on, puts thanks on their personal attack posts, and joins in. Then there's CFM and TDAK and Kek with their racist remarks. Toxic: <crickets>. Funny how the only time she sees fit to call someone out is when that someone is you. Or me. Well, mostly you. She's afraid of me.

06-13-2018, 06:25 AM
That's 3...she's going to hit 5 before 10:00...lol

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:33 AM
That's 3...she's going to hit 5 before 10:00...lol

Poor thing. You really should stop giving me these super-highway-sized openings. lol

~~~
A JPP Pocket Guide to ToxicTalk©

:) after every sentence = "I'm pretending to be happy. You're convinced, right?"
Teacher = Janitor and lunchroom dishwasher
Stalker = Anyone who shows up in the same thread as she does.
Obsessed = What everyone but she is
Sock = Anyone who doesn't slavishly agree with her
Blocked/Ignored = Cyber equivalent of covering eyes with hands but still peeking
Meltdown = The term assigned when she experiences frustration when once again someone successfully mocks her 7th grade antics; used at least once per day (see Projection)
Projection: Frequent assignation of her own characteristics and actions to others (see Stalker, Meltdown, Jealousy)
More Projection, above: "You emailed ____ for help" = What *she* does when someone is handing her her ass as usual
About spinsterhood: "We" = me n the hounds. Example: "We are going to ___" = Me and the dogs are going to ___.
Hobbies: "We're cooking ____ and ____ for us tonight" = Alpo again.
Family: "Husband" = Imaginary and Invisible Man.
Delusions: "We live in an affluent Jewish neighborhood" = Me and the dogs got a little shack with the back door hanging off and a tire in the front by the shanty porch
Exaggeration: "My sister is an attorney who lives in another state" = Who knew party organizer = legal eagle?
Pretend life: "For ___ (insert name of holiday here), we're going to ____" = Me and the dogs gonna sit at home by ourselves again, spiting on the Internet
Jealousy: "You're so jealous of me" = I'm so envious of you I am green as my favorite boyfr.... cucumber

06-13-2018, 06:36 AM
That's 4...lol One to go:)

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 06:55 AM
That's 4...lol One to go:)

https://i.imgur.com/cISsHPk.jpg

06-13-2018, 07:00 AM
And there's 5!!!! It's going to be a record setting day!

iolo
06-13-2018, 07:05 AM
And there's 5!!!! It's going to be a record setting day! I've been on here some time now, and I still find bits of the site baffling. What has this to do with American 'Christians' ?

06-13-2018, 07:08 AM
I've been on here some time now, and I still find bits of the site baffling. What has this to do with American 'Christians' ? I'm just counting meltdowns...she'll stop soon....

ThatOwlWoman
06-13-2018, 07:59 AM
I've been on here some time now, and I still find bits of the site baffling. What has this to do with American 'Christians' ?

Not a thing. It's just Toxic TOP's personal vendetta against me and all the other left-leaning women here. She thinks that a reply to her is a "meltdown." She has followed me for years doing the same thing. Pathetic, eh? Oh and BTW, she claims to be a Christian. lolol

Cypress
06-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Not a thing. It's just Toxic TOP's personal vendetta against me and all the other left-leaning women here. She thinks that a reply to her is a "meltdown." She has followed me for years doing the same thing. Pathetic, eh? Oh and BTW, she claims to be a Christian. lolol

Based on what I have learned from my adventures on the interwebs, message boards tend to be populated with social outcasts, dateless wonders, and dunces of tepid mediocrity... who seemingly cling to imagined petty grievances, bizarre personal grudges, and lingering resentment....for years and decades on end! I leave it to the trained psychologists to proffer explanation.

Now, I will rely on Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn as my contribution to the topic at hand.

"Of course, one cannot declare that only my faith is correct and all other faiths are not. Of course God is endlessly multi-dimensional so every religion that exists on earth represents some face, some side of God." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Minister of Truth
06-13-2018, 10:44 PM
Based on what I have learned from my adventures on the interwebs, message boards tend to be populated with social outcasts, dateless wonders, and dunces of tepid mediocrity... who seemingly cling to imagined petty grievances, bizarre personal grudges, and lingering resentment....for years and decades on end! I leave it to the trained psychologists to proffer explanation.

Now, I will rely on Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn as my contribution to the topic at hand.

Meh, I can only speak for myself. I started on message boards in 2002, and was a social outcase and dateless wonder until 2005, when I entered college (the environment is much easier for a social outcast to navigate than the MS and HS ones). In late 2011 I met my wife, and was married 4.5 years later. So, while I will always remain haunted for having gone 19 years as a social outcast (I had friends the whole time, including my best friend I've known since preschool. But, he went to private schools, and the rest largely ditched me after elementary school, save for birthday parties). So, I have actually experienced upward social mobility in my time on P/FP/JPP, thank you, very much.

Seriously, though, I could never fit-in with nerds, geeks, preps, goths, jocks, punks, skaters, emos, thesbians, you name the subculture. On the other hand, I knew more people than everyone else, even if was only good for fist bumps in the hallway...

iolo
06-14-2018, 04:59 AM
Not a thing. It's just Toxic TOP's personal vendetta against me and all the other left-leaning women here. She thinks that a reply to her is a "meltdown." She has followed me for years doing the same thing. Pathetic, eh? Oh and BTW, she claims to be a Christian. lolol You have some strange persons over there. So have we, of course, but aside from also being malevolent they tend to be weird in different ways. Ours tend to have a strange racist obsession with sheep! :)

PostmodernProphet
06-14-2018, 05:45 AM
I condemn him for his faux Christianity.

but apparently you don't like people who "judge"....vile language and other comparable sins like killing children have nothing to do with whether someone is a Christian.....the only "faux" Christian is one who says he believes in Christ but secretly does not.......you are quite silly if you think yourself competent to judge me in that......

PostmodernProphet
06-14-2018, 05:47 AM

odd you should bring that up, since you banned me from GR for using the term yet you use it freely here........

Grugore
07-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Let's get one thing straight. Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Do you comprehend the difference? Probably not. BTW. Nothing that anyone says or does can affect anothers belief in God. Everyone believes in God. It is simply a matter of accepting or rejecting Him. After all, many witnessed His miracles. They watched Him raise the dead. And they still rejected Him.

Frank Apisa
07-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Let's get one thing straight. Christianity is not a religion.

Uhhhh...Christianity IS a religion.

If you want to get at least one thing "straight"...you have got to acknowledge that.

It's a personal relationship with God.

God???

God who?

Do you comprehend the difference? Probably not.

Do you know you make no sense?

(No, but if you hum a few bars, I can try to fake it.)

BTW. Nothing that anyone says or does can affect anothers belief in God.

Bullshit. It may not impact on what you "believe"...but you cannot speak for everyone.

Everyone believes in God.

Horseshit.

It is simply a matter of accepting or rejecting Him.

Him???

Your god is a him?

I see.

After all, many witnessed His miracles.

Sorta like Trump witnessed those Islamists dancing in the streets of Hoboken...right?

They watched Him raise the dead.

Sorta like Trump witnessed those Islamists dancing in the streets of Hoboken...right?

And they still rejected Him.

Obviously some didn't.

Grugore
07-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Uhhhh...Christianity IS a religion.

If you want to get at least one thing "straight"...you have got to acknowledge that.

God???

God who?

Do you know you make no sense?

(No, but if you hum a few bars, I can try to fake it.)

Bullshit. It may not impact on what you "believe"...but you cannot speak for everyone.

Horseshit.

Him???

Your god is a him?

I see.

Obviously some didn't.

I took you off my ignore list, just to see if you had something intelligent to say. Don't know why I bothered. BTW, you are one of just four people on that list. It's a very select group. You should be proud. Well, back on the list for you.

domer76
07-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Let's get one thing straight. Christianity is not a religion. It's a personal relationship with God. Do you comprehend the difference? Probably not. BTW. Nothing that anyone says or does can affect anothers belief in God. Everyone believes in God. It is simply a matter of accepting or rejecting Him. After all, many witnessed His miracles. They watched Him raise the dead. And they still rejected Him.

Yeah, Joseph Smith had witnesses, too, about an angel with golden tablets.

Grugore
07-09-2018, 10:45 PM
And YOU are one of the remaining three on that list.