PDA

View Full Version : If not God, then...

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 07:56 AM
Simple question. If God did not create the universe, then who or what is responsible? Without a Creator, you have no choice but to believe that there was no cause for the universe. That it created itself. This violates every law of science, since nothing physical can create itself.

Now, before you idiot atheists ask who created God, I will point out the simple fact that God is not physical and has always existed. Any way you slice it, the universe requires a Creator.

iolo
05-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Simple question. If God did not create the universe, then who or what is responsible? Without a Creator, you have no choice but to believe that there was no cause for the universe. That it created itself. This violates every law of science, since nothing physical can create itself.

Now, before you idiot atheists ask who created God, I will point out the simple fact that God is not physical and has always existed. Any way you slice it, the universe requires a Creator.

It is like Idiocy, doubtless. It always existed and created idiots, sure to be! :)

Jack
05-31-2018, 08:05 AM

"Now, before you idiot atheists ask who created God, I will point out the simple fact that God is not physical and has always existed. Any way you slice it, the universe requires a Creator."
But ... who created God?

kudzu
05-31-2018, 08:21 AM

So you believe the Jewish creation story?

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 08:24 AM

You arbitrarily assert that "the universe" was created...and artificially create a need for a Creator.

Why do that?

Why not assume "the universe" was never "created"...that it simply ALWAYS has existed?

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Just as I suspected. Not a single one of you has an intelligent reply.

kudzu
05-31-2018, 09:07 AM

Which creation story do you believe? There are hundreds of them.

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:09 AM
"Why not assume "the universe" was never "created"...that it simply ALWAYS has existed?"

Because that would fuck up his whole narrative.
See ... the narrative has to be 'God always existed'.

And ... talks to Homo Sapiens here on Planet Earth, a truly special place filled with special people here in the vast expanse of the Cosmos.

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:11 AM

The Replies are intelligent, you're the only one with the imaginary friend living in your head.

evince
05-31-2018, 09:11 AM
"Now, before you idiot atheists ask who created God, I will point out the simple fact that God is not physical and has always existed. Any way you slice it, the universe requires a Creator."
But ... who created God?

there is no proof there is a god

there is mountains of facts to prove that the universe exists

its the universe that has always existed

why is it easy for you to accept one has always existed ?

but not the other

because your brain is wired that way

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:14 AM

but not the other

I support Mental Institutions letting the Inmates have access to the Computers.

evince
05-31-2018, 09:20 AM
do you believe in science or in monsters and gods?

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 09:23 AM

but not the other

It is physically impossible for the universe to have always existed. If it were true, then there would be no energy left. Second law of thermo dynamics.

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:23 AM
do you believe in science or in monsters and gods?

How long have you had Tourette's Syndrome?

evince
05-31-2018, 09:24 AM
It is physically impossible for the universe to have always existed. If it were true, then there would be no energy left. Second law of thermo dynamics.

link

evince
05-31-2018, 09:24 AM
How long have you had Tourette's Syndrome?

oh I see

you believe in hate

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:26 AM

Big Bang/Big Crush? Maybe it's pulsating? :)

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:29 AM
oh I see

you believe in hate

I believe in trying to read a post before responding to it. I don't think you do that. You strike me as a person that just has a brain fart here and there. (no disrespect ma'am)

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 09:32 AM
Big Bang/Big Crush? Maybe it's pulsating? :)

There will be no big crunch. The rate of expansion is accelerating. Try to stay informed.

evince
05-31-2018, 09:36 AM
I believe in trying to read a post before responding to it. I don't think you do that. You strike me as a person that just has a brain fart here and there. (no disrespect ma'am)

your hate embrace is recognized

yes I missed the quotation marks in your post

it could be because I didn't really read the OPs post

the op is a complete asshole

hate on dude

see where it gets you in life

archives
05-31-2018, 09:37 AM

Wrong forum, but your hitting yourself in the head with a two by four raising religion as a topic

Your endorsing Aquinas's Prime Mover theory, Aristotelian, looking for ratioanl explanations to spiritual questions on faith

Can't be done, doesn't have to be, think Augustanian, Plato, the belief in God doesn't have to be, actually can't be, explained rationally, you either believe it or you don't, why it is called faith, logic and religion don't interface

Jack
05-31-2018, 09:42 AM
There will be no big crunch. The rate of expansion is accelerating. Try to stay informed.

Hey, who knows? That's the beauty of scientific inquiry. People have all kinds of theories and are compelled to tract them down. Religion is dogmatic and shuts down thought. Some say there are multiple universes, like soap bubbles. No one has a problem with YOUR theory that there is a God. Go prove it like all the other scientists do.

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 09:43 AM
Wrong forum, but your hitting yourself in the head with a two by four raising religion as a topic

Your endorsing Aquinas's Prime Mover theory, Aristotelian, looking for ratioanl explanations to spiritual questions on faith

Can't be done, doesn't have to be, think Augustanian, Plato, the belief in God doesn't have to be, actually can't be, explained rationally, you either believe it or you don't, why it is called faith, logic and religion don't interface

Nothing physical can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Therefore, the physical universe had a non physical Creator.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 10:07 AM

Just as I suspected...any reply given you will designate as "not intelligent" or "off track."

Stop being such a phony.

And stop pretending to be ignoring me. I know your kind...and my guess is you read everything I post.

evince
05-31-2018, 10:11 AM
for some believing in god means they get to hate people.

religion just confuses some people with low morals

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 10:12 AM
"Why not assume "the universe" was never "created"...that it simply ALWAYS has existed?"

Because that would fuck up his whole narrative.
See ... the narrative has to be 'God always existed'.

And ... talks to Homo Sapiens here on Planet Earth, a truly special place filled with special people here in the vast expanse of the Cosmos.

Yup, I'm afraid you are correct.

We just gotta come back at him...and hope that he and others like him can finally start getting logical.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 10:14 AM

Oh, Jesus H. Christ.

Don't go scientific on us. Not when positing a being that "created" the universe.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Nothing physical can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Therefore, the physical universe had a non physical Creator.

Once again...irrationally asserting that "the universe" had to be "created"...just so you can posit a "Creator."

Get off that bullshit. It is a loser.

archives
05-31-2018, 10:18 AM

Try it once more, you are wasting your time, you can't prove that either, assume it, but can't definitively prove it, one can't prove God's existence rationally, but you don't need to, why it is called faith

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 10:24 AM
Try it once more, you are wasting your time, you can't prove that either, assume it, but can't definitively prove it, one can't prove God's existence rationally, but you don't need to, why it is called faith

Then perhaps you could give us one example of something creating itself. That would blow my argument out of the water.

kudzu
05-31-2018, 10:27 AM
Then perhaps you could give us one example of something creating itself. That would blow my argument out of the water.

Last time I looked there were 250 creation stories to explain to people of the Bronze Age, "where do we come from?"...

Are you really quibbling about an ancient myth?

Jack
05-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Yup, I'm afraid you are correct.

We just gotta come back at him...and hope that he and others like him can finally start getting logical.

Frank: "We just gotta come back at him...and hope that he and others like him can finally start getting logical."

My Position:
What if you were on a boat going up the Amazon River. After a day or two, you turned upon a tributary heading further into the unknown. After a week in the Amazonian Wilderness, you detect a Tribe of people. You stop and give them gifts. You try to understand their customs, rituals, their Way of Life.

All cultures throughout Time have some 'storyline' about 'The Beginning'. They have their 'stories', they have their assorted 'heroes'.

Now, you as an educated person ... would YOU try to explain YOUR version of Reality to them, or would you leave them to their ancient and familiar rituals and customs?

My View: Here in the Modern World, we still have Primitive People amongst us. Leave them be. Let them live in THEIR world. Think 'Amish'. Don't you support the Amish to live as they choose?

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Last time I looked there were 250 creation stories to explain to people of the Bronze Age, "where do we come from?"...

Are you really quibbling about an ancient myth?

Doesn't matter what 'myth' you believe in, as far as this topic goes. It is a scientific fact that nothing physical can create itself. Do you disagree?

kudzu
05-31-2018, 10:33 AM
Doesn't matter what 'myth' you believe in, as far as this topic goes. It is a scientific fact that nothing physical can create itself. Do you disagree?

You are trying to make a myth fit scientific theory... or vice versa.. That is childish.

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 10:35 AM
You are trying to make a myth fit scientific theory... or vice versa.. That is childish.

No. I stated a scientific fact, then offered an alternative. The only alternative. If something physical cannot create itself, that means someone created it. Simple logic.

kudzu
05-31-2018, 10:43 AM
No. I stated a scientific fact, then offered an alternative. The only alternative. If something physical cannot create itself, that means someone created it. Simple logic.

So you believe Genesis and that the earth is almost 6,000 years old?

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 10:52 AM
So you believe Genesis and that the earth is almost 6,000 years old?

Do you believe that something physical can create itself?

Guno צְבִי
05-31-2018, 11:04 AM

well so much for that

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?95555-Goodbye&p=2373360#post2373360

domer76
05-31-2018, 11:11 AM

Your god is not phyical and has always existed? Who told you so? Your god?

What happened to that “created man in his own image” horseshit?

:lolup::rofl2:

domer76
05-31-2018, 11:13 AM

Priceless!

Folks, you can’t cut the irony here with a chain saw!

domer76
05-31-2018, 11:16 AM

It is accelerating? How do you know?

Oh, that’s right. SCIENTISTS, the same guys who provide actual SCIENTIFIC theories, told you so.

Gotta laugh at the disconnect there.

domer76
05-31-2018, 11:19 AM

It’s a scientific fact that your god has always existed? Please site a peer reviewed article on that.

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 11:24 AM
Do you believe that something physical can create itself?

Are you going to answer the question, Kudzu?

evince
05-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Your god is not phyical and has always existed? Who told you so? Your god?

What happened to that “created man in his own image” horseshit?

:lolup::rofl2:

man created god

mankind needed god at the time

that time may end

or we may always have a section of the population that needs a God

believe whatever you want people

don't try to force others to believe things you cant prove

accept that others don't believe in god for good reasons

its your faith

NOT FACTS

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 11:36 AM

Your god.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 11:37 AM
Frank: "We just gotta come back at him...and hope that he and others like him can finally start getting logical."

My Position:
What if you were on a boat going up the Amazon River. After a day or two, you turned upon a tributary heading further into the unknown. After a week in the Amazonian Wilderness, you detect a Tribe of people. You stop and give them gifts. You try to understand their customs, rituals, their Way of Life.

All cultures throughout Time have some 'storyline' about 'The Beginning'. They have their 'stories', they have their assorted 'heroes'.

Now, you as an educated person ... would YOU try to explain YOUR version of Reality to them, or would you leave them to their ancient and familiar rituals and customs?

My View: Here in the Modern World, we still have Primitive People amongst us. Leave them be. Let them live in THEIR world. Think 'Amish'. Don't you support the Amish to live as they choose?

Okay. I get your point.

I still like to dance with an ugly woman once in a while.

Jack
05-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Okay. I get your point.

I still like to dance with an ugly woman once in a while.

hahahahahaha ... Oh, I agree. They bring it on themselves. It's hard NOT to respond. :)

The Ugly Truth
05-31-2018, 11:46 AM
Why are you people avoiding the question? Can something physical create itself? It's a simple yes or no question. I think I know why you won't answer. If you answer yes, you look like a fool. If you answer no, then you agree with me. Lol. You can't win.

Jack
05-31-2018, 11:53 AM
You know, it's an interesting question. With all our technology, the super computers, all the DNA and Genome knowledge we are acquiring, we still can't create 'Life'.

My son thinks Aliens seeded the Planet. That's as good as any other theory I've heard.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 12:03 PM
You know, it's an interesting question. With all our technology, the super computers, all the DNA and Genome knowledge we are acquiring, we still can't create 'Life'.

My son thinks Aliens seeded the Planet. That's as good as any other theory I've heard.

Jack...

...the answer to the question, "Can something physical create itself?"...

...is...

...wait for it...

...I DO NOT KNOW...AND NEITHER DOES THE UGLY ONE.

Nobody does.

If what we humans call "the universe" is a creation (something we do not know, but people like the ugly one blindly guesses is the case)...

...anyway, if what we humans call "the universe" is a creation...it either was created by something else or it was created by ITSELF.

We simply do not know.

Fact is, we actually do not even know if this thing we humans call "the universe" IS A PHYSICAL THING.

It may not be. (More about that some other time.)

The fact is that science may some day determine that SOME physical things CAN create themselves. It may even determine that this thing we humans call "the universe" DID JUST THAT...CREATED ITSELF.

Or it may determine that it, or its precursors, ALWAYS existed.

Ugly is being a dickhead about this...but ya gotta understand it. He thinks that "Creator" of his might find a reason to punish him by having him endure torture for all the rest of eternity.

Big motivation for all that bullshit of his.

By the way...Ugly is pretending to ignore me. He's supposedly not going to see any of this. You might want to discuss it.

domer76
05-31-2018, 01:06 PM
Why are you people avoiding the question? Can something physical create itself? It's a simple yes or no question. I think I know why you won't answer. If you answer yes, you look like a fool. If you answer no, then you agree with me. Lol. You can't win.

The answer is you invented your god, pally boy. Including the version where he/she/it is not physical and has existed forever. The only part you got correct is the scientific fact that the universe is expanding at an accelerated rate. That’s what the SCIENTISTS have told you. Not the voices in your head.

Jack
05-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Jack...

...the answer to the question, "Can something physical create itself?"...

...is...

...wait for it...

...I DO NOT KNOW...AND NEITHER DOES THE UGLY ONE.

Nobody does.

If what we humans call "the universe" is a creation (something we do not know, but people like the ugly one blindly guesses is the case)...

...anyway, if what we humans call "the universe" is a creation...it either was created by something else or it was created by ITSELF.

We simply do not know.

Fact is, we actually do not even know if this thing we humans call "the universe" IS A PHYSICAL THING.

It may not be. (More about that some other time.)

The fact is that science may some day determine that SOME physical things CAN create themselves. It may even determine that this thing we humans call "the universe" DID JUST THAT...CREATED ITSELF.

Or it may determine that it, or its precursors, ALWAYS existed.

Ugly is being a dickhead about this...but ya gotta understand it. He thinks that "Creator" of his might find a reason to punish him by having him endure torture for all the rest of eternity.

Big motivation for all that bullshit of his.

By the way...Ugly is pretending to ignore me. He's supposedly not going to see any of this. You might want to discuss it.

I agree with what you say.
I heard some scientist remark "If the Seven Dwarfs are running the Universe, we'll let you know."
That's good enough for me.

I think in the 'olden days', the High Priests held all the Answers, now it seems their descendants (Ministers of God) are Frauds and it's just a money-making operation. It probably should be illegal but ... when is fleecing the ignorant a crime?

CFM
05-31-2018, 01:26 PM
Which creation story do you believe? There are hundreds of them.

I believe you were created when two monkeys butt fucked.

evince
05-31-2018, 01:28 PM
I believe you were created when two monkeys butt fucked.

wow

I guess your parents gave you the wrong "talk"

evince
05-31-2018, 01:33 PM
I agree with what you say.
I heard some scientist remark "If the Seven Dwarfs are running the Universe, we'll let you know."
That's good enough for me.

I think in the 'olden days', the High Priests held all the Answers, now it seems their descendants (Ministers of God) are Frauds and it's just a money-making operation. It probably should be illegal but ... when is fleecing the ignorant a crime?

some human brains are wired for god beliefs

when humans knew next to nothing about how the world operated believing in a God like creature helped them survive a hostile world

human brain wiring

give them a break

believe whatever is in your heart folks

don't try to beat others over the head with your preferred myths

SCIENCE belief is not equal to a religion

the people who game science to make money or gain power are evil

don't follow them

CFM
05-31-2018, 01:34 PM
wow

I guess your parents gave you the wrong "talk"

You mean the wrong talk yours gave you about how someone can be the other gender because they feel that way?

One monkey butt fucked the other, shit came out, and they named it kudzu.

evince
05-31-2018, 01:38 PM
You mean the wrong talk yours gave you about how someone can be the other gender because they feel that way?

One monkey butt fucked the other, shit came out, and they named it kudzu.

that also involves brain wiring

its all sciencey

you idiot dick in the dirt dragging racists wont like it

CFM
05-31-2018, 01:49 PM
that also involves brain wiring

its all sciencey

you idiot dick in the dirt dragging racists wont like it

Apparently kudzu's existence was dependent upon two monkey butt fucking.

evince
05-31-2018, 01:50 PM
Apparently kudzu's existence was dependent upon two monkey butt fucking.

YOUR MOMMY LIED TO YOU ABOUT SEX

hypGnosis
06-01-2018, 02:49 PM

No, it is not a simple Yes or No question.

If we had evidence of something creating itself, then the answer would be a definitive YES.

Lacking that evidence does not mean it is not possible ... The answer could either be Yes or no one knows.

You have a great deal of work to establish a definitive NO.

LOL to your dark heart's content, but until you (Nobel Prize winning advance in Science here) can prove it impossible, you've got nothing except your sophomoric mockery.

The Ugly Truth
06-01-2018, 03:43 PM

If we had evidence of something creating itself, then the answer would be a definitive YES.

Lacking that evidence does not mean it is not possible ... The answer could either be Yes or no one knows.

LOL to your dark heart's content, but until you (Nobel Prize winning advance in Science here) can prove it impossible, you've got nothing except your sophomoric mockery.

All of science is based on the law of causality. Nothing can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Deny it all you want. You just look like a fool.

Frank Apisa
06-01-2018, 06:21 PM

He cannot accept the "we do not know" answer, because he wants his blind guess to be correct.

Don't waste your time with him. He starts these kinds of threads every once in a while. It is a form of mental masturbation on his part.

domer76
06-01-2018, 06:26 PM
All of science is based on the law of causality. Nothing can create itself. It's a scientific fact. Deny it all you want. You just look like a fool.

"You just look like a fool."

Jesus Christ in a Crapper, the irony just gets thicker with every post from the Thumper!