PDA

View Full Version : People here

Cancel7
09-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I never would have believed I could still learn something from these kinds of boards. I'm sure most have noticed I'm not open minded, and I truly, and deeply, dislike Republicans. I don't come here to be introduced to "new ideas" or to entertain opinions. I consider most people to be stupid. I know how bad that sounds, but it's honest. So it takes a lot to make me stop and re-evaluate something. So here are two things I learned.

Immie taught me that there can be a conservative Christian who is actually, nice, has a heart, and is not a complete fool, and can even be afforded some grudging respect. On some matters. He is lacking that terrible mean streak that so many of them I have run across have had.

And Care taught me something even more amazing. That a pro-life feminist actually exists. I never would have believed it, and didn't until I read enough of her posts. She is a feminist. And the real thing too. And a liberal.

Now, with me, there almost always has to be a funny part. And the funny part with them is, they drive each other nuts. I lmao when they start going at each other, and Care needles him until he goes off. They should actually do head-on debates, because they are actually very funny.

Oh,, and I guess I should add that IHG reminded me, rather than taught me, because I actually already knew this but sometimes I forget it, that first impressions are not always good ones. Because I took him to be a real arrogant prick, to tell the truth. And, he's ok. He defintely needs some work, but he's ok. Ok, so now everyone can hold up their who gives a fuck signs. :) But maybe some other people want to mention something they learned from someone here. It could be fun. Or not. Whatever.

FUCK THE POLICE
09-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Care is more of a populist than a liberal... two completely different ideas. You're also much more of a populist than a liberal, and have made some very bigoted remarks at some times, in line with the populists.

I consider a lot of people stupid too. You just happen to be one of them.

Cancel7
09-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Care is more of a populist than a liberal... two completely different ideas. You're also much more of a populist than a liberal, and have made some very bigoted remarks at some times, in line with the populists.

I consider a lot of people stupid too. You just happen to be one of them.

Although you of course, know me best, I fit neither of those two labels.

I might be stupid Water, but I'll tell ya, I was smart enough to have some good laughs when you made that post dissing the libertarian website, and then the founder came here and made you look like the goddamned childish fool you are.

Now that was comedy. I never did give you props for actually having the nerve to show your face again.

Damocles
09-14-2006, 08:01 PM
H2O is good people with a strong hand at true light handed humor, the kind that allows him to find the good without taking it too seriously. He's definitely headed for some success IMO.

BRUTALITOPS
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
darla what do you have to say about me? ;)

Damocles
09-14-2006, 10:01 PM
She's fallen in love and hasn't yet admitted it. Give her time there, Grind.

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Thanks Darla but some are going to tell you that I am not a conservative. I used to be until I really read what they were saying. Even though I may agree with the "stated" goals of conservatives, when I look at their methods and the hate they portray, I'm not interested in that. In my humble opinion, you cannot be conservative and not have compassion at the same time. Unfortunately, most prominent conservatives do not understand compassion.

I think those who were around in the politics.com days will tell you that of anyone on site(s), I have changed more than anyone else.

As for Care and I doing head-on debates. We've done them mixed into threads and we've done them on yahoo. I never win! Even when I am right (usually ;) ) she won't admit it. She never apologizes for things she says and I always end up mad and having to apologize. She lives by the typical female-lib philosophy: never apologize and never admit you might be wrong let alone you are wrong. ;)

Immie

Cancel7
09-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks Darla but some are going to tell you that I am not a conservative. I used to be until I really read what they were saying. Even though I may agree with the "stated" goals of conservatives, when I look at their methods and the hate they portray, I'm not interested in that. In my humble opinion, you cannot be conservative and not have compassion at the same time. Unfortunately, most prominent conservatives do not understand compassion.

I think those who were around in the politics.com days will tell you that of anyone on site(s), I have changed more than anyone else.

As for Care and I doing head-on debates. We've done them mixed into threads and we've done them on yahoo. I never win! Even when I am right (usually ;) ) she won't admit it. She never apologizes for things she says and I always end up mad and having to apologize. She lives by the typical female-lib philosophy: never apologize and never admit you might be wrong let alone you are wrong. ;)

Immie

Really Immie? Funny how that sounds more like my boyfriend's motto.

But anyway, you two are funny, and your political evolution is interesting too. :)

Cancel7
09-15-2006, 07:02 AM

You're far funnier than I would have ever believed, and I like you, which I also would never have believed.

Care4all
09-15-2006, 07:20 AM

Immie

I am right most all of the time, in our arguments! :D

That's not true about apologizing....I have appologized for things I have said to you in the heat of the moment...it is YOU that has never apologized!

Anyway, that is long past....Darla thinks we argue now, but she has NO IDEA as to what kind of real fights that we can get in to....does she? lol

care

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 07:23 AM
I am right most all of the time, in our arguments! :D

That's not true about apologizing....I have appologized for things I have said to you in the heat of the moment...it is YOU that has never apologized!

I never, ever thought I would catch you in a flat out lie. I guess this goes to prove there is a first time for everything. I don't remember you ever apologizing but I know I have apologized thousands of times for my outbursts.

Anyway, that is long past....Darla thinks we argue now, but she has NO IDEA as to what kind of real fights that we can get in to....does she? lol

care

Ain't that the truth!! :)

Immie

Damocles
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
I've always had fun just talking about this stuff. Politics is a rather important subject. I don't think anybody has changed my mind about anything, well other than the outcome in Iraq. (I was, and still am, against undeclared war, I just thought they would probably find these "WMD" when they went in regardless of my objection).

Care4all
09-15-2006, 08:20 AM
I never, ever thought I would catch you in a flat out lie. I guess this goes to prove there is a first time for everything. I don't remember you ever apologizing but I know I have apologized thousands of times for my outbursts.

Ain't that the truth!! :)

Immie

I think one of the reasons we can get in to these down and dirty fights is because we both know that we are Christians with similar but not precise beliefs, and we know that we both know.... how we are to handle our differences, from what we have been taught, thru similar rearings.... (even though we have gone beyond those teachings with meanness towards eachother, we know that we will come to terms with it, with eachother, because in the end, we love eachother as brothers and sisters in Christ should do....)

Anyway, I am glad we have had the knockdown drag out fights...it has brought you to an "Awakening".... :D!!!!!!!

care

IHateGovernment
09-15-2006, 08:24 AM
We've got a good crew over here. When you spend enough time on these boards it starts to become somewhat of a community. Day in and out even those who are diametrically opposed to your views seem to be pretty nice people despite their views.

Just about everybody here would be a good one to grab a brew with.

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 08:44 AM
We've got a good crew over here. When you spend enough time on these boards it starts to become somewhat of a community. Day in and out even those who are diametrically opposed to your views seem to be pretty nice people despite their views.

Just about everybody here would be a good one to grab a brew with.

I totally agree.

And Care, I'm thinking of how to respond to your last. Give me some time.

Immie

Cypress
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Darla,

nice post.

Immie and Care are constant reminders to me, what real Christian-believers are like.

I tend to get carried away with the Jerry Falwell crap.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Leaning as well cypress. Real christians are great folks. Cristofasists are another matter entirely.

Care4all
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I totally agree.

And Care, I'm thinking of how to respond to your last. Give me some time.

Immie

time has run out! I WIN!!! and was RIGHT again! hahahaha!

:D :p :D

care

evince
09-15-2006, 11:16 AM
There are some great people at this site I just wish it wasnt so dammed slow, it drives me crazy!

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Are you on straight dialup Desh ?

evince
09-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Im on cable and the other site is just sooo MUCH FASTER

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 11:46 AM
hmmm, to me it is liveable and I have my personal access choked to 64K. A pure 64K though.

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 11:57 AM
time has run out! I WIN!!! and was RIGHT again! hahahaha!

:D :p :D

care

One thing you are right about is that I did come to an awakening. I awoke to the fact that the Religious Right are the Pharisees of today and not a crowd that I necessarily care to be with when the final reckoning takes place.

For that I must thank you.

I'm sorry that I was busy and did not get back to this post earlier.

Immie

evince
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I have to sit and do nothing 2/3rds of the time here!

I really miss you guys but even when Im here I dont feel like Im talking to anyone and get ignored 70% of the time anyway.

Care4all
09-15-2006, 12:09 PM
There are not enough cons here.....I chased them all away....by accident...honest! :(

Anyway desh, it is slower here, but it has gotten better...damo is or is working on eliminating some of the features and benefits that are unnecessay that should speed it up....from what I have read....

evince
09-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Plenty of Cons at the other site still

Damocles
09-15-2006, 01:04 PM
The speed issue seems to only effect a very few people. Most people have pretty good access to the site.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Plenty of Cons at the other site still

Well Damo is more reasonable than SR ever was. So birds of a feather flock together.

bob
09-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Well Damo is more reasonable than SR ever was. So birds of a feather flock together.

no problem here

klaatu
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Immie taught me that there can be a conservative Christian who is actually, nice, has a heart, and is not a complete fool, and can even be afforded some grudging respect. On some matters. He is lacking that terrible mean streak that so many of them I have run across have had.

Well Ms Liberal of the Big tent World.. I think you better look in the mirror .... at the complete fool with that that terrible mean streak ..
:cof1:

LadyT
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah. Its not that people are ignoring you Desh, its just that I agree with most of your ideology. Typically when you, Cypress, Maineman, Care, etc post, I agree 100% and the most I really have to add is, "Yep", "I agree", "I knew this would happen". That gets dull most of the time so I don't bother.

OrnotBitwise
09-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah. Its not that people are ignoring you Desh, its just that I agree with most of your ideology. Typically when you, Cypress, Maineman, Care, etc post, I agree 100% and the most I really have to add is, "Yep", "I agree", "I knew this would happen". That gets dull most of the time so I don't bother.
Ditto!

IHateGovernment
09-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Well Ms Liberal of the Big tent World.. I think you better look in the mirror .... at the complete fool with that that terrible mean streak ..

Dude why do you gotta go on the offensive when she is deciding to say some nice things about people?

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Desh is a bit more left of center than I but I agree with most things she posts, perhaps just not as strongly as she on some.
for example :
I agree that the voting/election system is hosed and we need a as you vote paper trail and proper auditing laws and means. I am just not as fired up as she is and that is probably my problem not hers. I have too much apathy on the subject I suppose.

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree that the voting/election system is hosed and we need a as you vote paper trail and proper auditing laws and means. I am just not as fired up as she is and that is probably my problem not hers. I have too much apathy on the subject I suppose.

I feel the same way. I would not be surprised to find out that most Americans, (that being true Americans; us little people who love our country for what it is -- not those politicians who love it for what they can take from us,) feel the same way or would feel so if they actually thought about the issue.

I like the computer and feel that it is the ideal medium for collecting and counting votes... if and only if... we could find some way to keep the grubby paws of the politicians off of the damned things. :(

Immie

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Perhaps a double tally ? One on the computer dump and another on the per vote paper trail which could be barcoded or punched for fast reading ?

IHateGovernment
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't think anybody gets as fired up as Desh.

uscitizen
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Not on the voting issue, that is fer sure.

Immanuel
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Perhaps a double tally ? One on the computer dump and another on the per vote paper trail which could be barcoded or punched for fast reading ?

Well, couldn't the bar-coded print out be switched?

For instance, if the system were in place in 2004 and I voted for Bush, couldn't the system print my paper trail to read that I have voted for Bush, but the bar-code show that I voted for Gore? Or vice versa?

I suppose such a print out could show both the candidate's name and bar code for each vote then if it came to a recount the name and bar code could be verified for accuracy.

Reviewing random precincts might help to avoid the fraud that could be built into the software though. But, if our politicians won't allow paper trails, I don't see how that would even work. It makes you wonder why Republicans including Jeb Bush have fought so hard to keep paper trails out of the system. Well, it makes me wonder anyway.

Immie

Care4all
09-15-2006, 04:01 PM

Dude why do you gotta go on the offensive when she is deciding to say some nice things about people?
hahahahaha! good question, blessings should be counted when they are received! lol

:p

Cancel7
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
[/B]
hahahahaha! good question, blessings should be counted when they are received! lol

:p

That's right. Could be a long time till the next time.

Klaatu's just mad because he called me an idiot and instead of kissing his ass and saying "Ohhhh Klatuu surely you don't believe that, I'm smart, what hoops can I jump through to gain your approval you man you" I told him, get f'd whiny.

:)

IHateGovernment
09-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Fu cough