PDA

View Full Version : Evangelist Claims Second Amendment Is ‘In The Bible’

Guno צְבִי
05-22-2018, 01:59 PM
christinsanity

In his deranged rant Feuerstein declares:

… if some bad guy tries to do something, he’s gonna get filled full of a bunch of .45 caliber freedom seeds.

Now, for all of you people that are telling me, “Josh, I thought you were a Christian! Why are you condoning violence? I mean, why are you carrying a gun? How can you be pro-Second Amendment?”

Well, let me tell you, the Second Amendment’s actually in the Bible. Yeah. Think about it. Even God understood that He had to give His angels weapons because you don’t defeat evil with tolerance and understanding. So for all of you people that are saying we need peace, well peace only prevails when the good guy has the bigger weapons.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/05/facebook-evangelist-claims-second-amendment-is-in-the-bible/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=44

mak2
05-22-2018, 02:06 PM
This guy is a nutter. Few Christians would actually believe this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/11/10/who-is-josh-feuerstein-the-man-behind-the-starbucks-red-cup-frenzy/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.9902a7f73985

RB 60
05-22-2018, 02:11 PM
I don't think the 2nd. Amendment is mentioned in the Bible, but it is mentioned in our Constitution. That's good enough for me.

Legion
05-22-2018, 02:32 PM
If a mullah claimed it was in the Koran, I suspect liberals would react differently.

kudzu
05-24-2018, 03:25 AM
If a mullah claimed it was in the Koran, I suspect liberals would react differently.

Which verses in the Bible calls for arming the angels?

iolo
05-24-2018, 05:30 AM
I don't think the 2nd. Amendment is mentioned in the Bible, but it is mentioned in our Constitution. That's good enough for me.

Since you've never read the Bible.

iolo
05-24-2018, 05:31 AM
If a mullah claimed it was in the Koran, I suspect liberals would react differently. You weirdoes live in an extremely odd world. Hope it's padded.

RB 60
05-24-2018, 05:32 AM
Since you've never read the Bible.

...and you know this how?

iolo
05-24-2018, 05:35 AM
...and you know this how?

Well, you appear to be an illiterate halfwit who is paying someone to write down his babblings, so it seemed obvious. Still, some of the concentration camp guards loved good music, so perhaps it is just your senility! :)

RB 60
05-24-2018, 05:40 AM
Well, you appear to be an illiterate halfwit who is paying someone to write down his babblings, so it seemed obvious. Still, some of the concentration camp guards loved good music, so perhaps it is just your senility! :)

Not an answer, not one with any sense of intelligence, anyway.

iolo
05-24-2018, 05:42 AM
Not an answer, not one with any sense of intelligence, anyway. :)

kudzu
05-24-2018, 05:44 AM
Not an answer, not one with any sense of intelligence, anyway.

So post the verses about the second amendment in the Bible.. I'm really curious.

Guno צְבִי
05-24-2018, 05:57 AM
So post the verses about the second amendment in the Bible.. I'm really curious.

that up their with America was founded as a christian nation hooey

Guno צְבִי
05-24-2018, 06:06 AM
The face of today's white christinsanity in America

Previously the Facebook evangelist urged Christians to take up arms so they could protect the police from “a godless and a disgusting generation.”
In addition, Feuerstein once issued a horrifying call to arms via Facebook, asking Christians to join him in fighting gay rights with guns. In a video rant Feuerstein can be seen brandishing a semiautomatic assault rifle and calling on his followers to fight for their supposed right to discriminate against LGBT people by invoking their Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Last year he led a social media campaign demanding that a Christian cross emoji be added to the list of possible Facebook reactions. That demand was denied.

However, Feuerstein is probably most famous for a viral Facebook post claiming that Starbucks removed Christmas from their cups “because they hate Jesus.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Feuerstein

Legion
05-24-2018, 06:43 AM
Which verses in the Bible calls for arming the angels?

I don't recall saying "verses in the Bible calls for arming the angels".

Legion
05-24-2018, 06:48 AM
You weirdoes live in an extremely odd world. Hope it's padded.

It's independent, unlike Wales.

Legion
05-24-2018, 06:49 AM
that up their with America was founded as a christian nation hooey

Incoherent with rage?

iolo
05-24-2018, 06:51 AM
It's independent, unlike Wales.

We're working on that, unlike you, who do no work except trying to destroy the civilization that rejects you. Heil Attlila the Fart!

kudzu
05-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Incoherent with rage?

So post the scripture that supports this asinine evangelical claim.. Waiting.

Meanwhile, 23 prominent Christian leaders have denounced Trump.

Legion
05-24-2018, 06:57 AM
We're working on that!

You've been "working on that" since Longshanks fastened the iron collar of vassaldom onto your sad little slag-heap.

The evidence suggests that Wales is only fit for dirty weekends, second homers, stag dos, hen parties, and littering.

Legion
05-24-2018, 07:00 AM
So post the scripture that supports this asinine evangelical claim.. Waiting. Meanwhile, 23 prominent Christian leaders have denounced Trump.

I don't recall claiming that such a Scripture exists, so your wait is fruitless.

The notion that you attach any gravitas to "prominent Christian leaders" is laughable. I suspect you only reverence the Religion of Peace,

RB 60
05-24-2018, 07:35 AM
Post #3I don't think the 2nd. Amendment is mentioned in the Bible, but it is mentioned in our Constitution. That's good enough for me.

Post #12So post the verses about the second amendment in the Bible.. I'm really curious.

You have a very short attention span... Unassumingly of course :rolleyes:

ThatOwlWoman
05-24-2018, 07:37 AM
christinsanity

… if some bad guy tries to do something, he’s gonna get filled full of a bunch of .45 caliber freedom seeds.

Now, for all of you people that are telling me, “Josh, I thought you were a Christian! Why are you condoning violence? I mean, why are you carrying a gun? How can you be pro-Second Amendment?”

Well, let me tell you, the Second Amendment’s actually in the Bible. Yeah. Think about it. Even God understood that He had to give His angels weapons because you don’t defeat evil with tolerance and understanding. So for all of you people that are saying we need peace, well peace only prevails when the good guy has the bigger weapons.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2018/05/facebook-evangelist-claims-second-amendment-is-in-the-bible/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=44

WTF. He's got quite a few followers of that craziness right here on JPP.

kudzu
05-24-2018, 07:38 AM
I don't recall claiming that such a Scripture exists, so your wait is fruitless.

The notion that you attach any gravitas to "prominent Christian leaders" is laughable. I suspect you only reverence the Religion of Peace,

Its all over the news.. Prominent Christians have denounced Trump. He's completely devoid of ethics or principles.

Mueller Witness Is Convicted Pedophile With Shadowy Past - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/nader-mueller-s-latest-cooperator-a-convicted-pedophile

Mar 14, 2018 - Washington (AP) -- How did George Nader — Lebanese-American ... and Kirill Dmitriev, a Russian banker close to President Vladimir Putin.

Trump Posed in Photo With Pedophile George Nader for $189,000 ...

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-posed-photo-pedophile-george-nader-189000-rnc-donation-938354

2 days ago - Middle East lobbyist George Nader is now assisting the Mueller ... President Donald Trump posed for a photo with convicted pedophile George Nader, ... One was in the Seychelles, attended by the Putin-linked Russian ...

ThatOwlWoman
05-24-2018, 07:39 AM

Got him pegged, all right.

goldkam
05-24-2018, 07:40 AM
So post the scripture that supports this asinine evangelical claim.. Waiting.

Meanwhile, 23 prominent Christian leaders have denounced Trump.

I am not religious but its hard not to denounce him

kudzu
05-24-2018, 07:42 AM
I am not religious but its hard not to denounce him

I agree.. He's been a year long embarrassment.

Legion
05-24-2018, 07:44 AM
Prominent Christians have denounced Trump.

I'm surprised that doesn't make you support him.

Legion
05-24-2018, 07:45 AM
You have a very short attention span... Unassumingly of course

They seem incapable of anything but mis-attribution and rage, don't they?

domer76
05-24-2018, 07:47 AM

lol

“If/would” tardspeak

kudzu
05-24-2018, 07:51 AM
I'm surprised that doesn't make you support him.

Gad, you are stupid.. Not all Christians are uneducated sheep... but, many Evangelicals are just that.

Legion
05-24-2018, 07:57 AM
Gad, you are stupid.. Not all Christians are uneducated sheep... but, many Evangelicals are just that.

Is that religious bigotry?

kudzu
05-24-2018, 08:03 AM

This evangelical prophet who claims the second amendment is in scripture is on par with Jerry Falwell, Jim Baker, Pat Robertson and the rest of the Rapture Ready Scofield heretics.

Legion
05-24-2018, 08:05 AM
This evangelical prophet who claims the second amendment is in scripture is on par with Jerry Falwell, Jim Baker, Pat Robertson and the rest of the Rapture Ready Scofield heretics.

You sound like a fundamentalist.

Would you like to burn those people at the stake?

Nordberg
05-31-2018, 10:49 AM
Bible is written in parables that lend themselves to many interpretations. It is vague enough that you can tease anything out of it to support your cause. How many Christian sects "know" what the bible says and it supports them, only them. Like Serpent handlers...its in the bible. The bible is a good door stop.

Jade Dragon
05-31-2018, 11:00 AM
christinsanity

A crazy dunce, trying to make excuses, and pulling the crazy out of his ass. Not only does he not make sense, but the bible considers showering a person with bullets to be among the greatest of evil sins. The only time its permissible is when life is on the line, and you only need to shoot once. It's not justified in that sense, but it isn't damning either, due to the circumstance. A person breaking into your house, or robbing a store is not acceptable reason to shoot them. If people don't know how to deter with a gun, and can only kill, maybe they shouldn't have them. You can't drive a car, if you can't provide evidence you can handle a vehicle. The shoot first, figure things out after, crowd need to have their capabilities, and mental judgment tested.

RB 60
05-31-2018, 11:33 AM
A crazy dunce, trying to make excuses, and pulling the crazy out of his ass. Not only does he not make sense, (1.) but the bible considers showering a person with bullets to be among the greatest of evil sins. (2.) The only time its permissible is when life is on the line, and you only need to shoot once. It's not justified in that sense, but it isn't damning either, due to the circumstance. A person breaking into your house, or robbing a store is not acceptable reason to shoot them. If people don't know how to deter with a gun, and can only kill, maybe they shouldn't have them. You can't drive a car, if you can't provide evidence you can handle a vehicle. The shoot first, figure things out after, crowd need to have their capabilities, and mental judgment tested.

1. Does the Bible mention what caliber bullets that had back then? What propellant did they use? I thought the Chinese first experiment with gunpowder wasn't until around 850 A.D?
2. And it mentions how many rounds to fire? Was Jesus packin' too, or was that mentioned later in the New Testament?

SmarterthanYou
05-31-2018, 12:18 PM
The shoot first, figure things out after, crowd need to have their capabilities, and mental judgment tested.

why do you let government do it, then?

Nordberg
06-07-2018, 11:45 AM
why do you let government do it, then?

Thomas Paine "All institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish appear to me to no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind and monopolize power and profit." He understood it. Recent churches like Scientology and Mormonism show that so clearly . The older ones are no different.

SmarterthanYou
06-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Thomas Paine "All institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish appear to me to no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind and monopolize power and profit." He understood it. Recent churches like Scientology and Mormonism show that so clearly . The older ones are no different.

what does that have to do with the question i asked?

The Ugly Truth
06-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Its all over the news.. Prominent Christians have denounced Trump. He's completely devoid of ethics or principles.

Mueller Witness Is Convicted Pedophile With Shadowy Past - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-15/nader-mueller-s-latest-cooperator-a-convicted-pedophile

Mar 14, 2018 - Washington (AP) -- How did George Nader — Lebanese-American ... and Kirill Dmitriev, a Russian banker close to President Vladimir Putin.

Trump Posed in Photo With Pedophile George Nader for $189,000 ...

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-posed-photo-pedophile-george-nader-189000-rnc-donation-938354

2 days ago - Middle East lobbyist George Nader is now assisting the Mueller ... President Donald Trump posed for a photo with convicted pedophile George Nader, ... One was in the Seychelles, attended by the Putin-linked Russian ...

And yet God often uses flawed individuals to work His will. I don't have to defend Trump. His actions speak louder than all the liberal ranting hooting and hollering. He has been good for this country. You can't deny this.

kudzu
06-07-2018, 05:24 PM
And yet God often uses flawed individuals to work His will. I don't have to defend Trump. His actions speak louder than all the liberal ranting hooting and hollering. He has been good for this country. You can't deny this.

Trump just killed Boeing and GE among others.

kudzu
06-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Evangelicals follow the Scofield Heresy..

Legion
06-07-2018, 05:29 PM

They do?

All of them?

Every single one?

How do you explain the fact that Scofield was born in 1843 and there were evangelicals before that date?

kudzu
06-07-2018, 05:38 PM
They do?

All of them?

Every single one?

How do you explain the fact that Scofield was born in 1843 and there were evangelicals before that date?

Yep............

Legion
06-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Yep............

All of them?

Every single one?

kudzu
06-07-2018, 05:47 PM
The Scofield Bible--The Book That Made Zionists of America’s ...
www.wrmea.org/015-october/the-scofield-bible-the...
Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans. When John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), said that “50 million evangelical bible-believing Christians unite with five million ...

The book that turned America's Evangelicals ... - Sott.net
www.sott.net/article/373600-The-book-that-turned...
"For a nation to commit the sin of anti-Semitism brings inevitable judgement." -The New Scofield Study Bible Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans....

Maidhc Cathail: The Scofield Bible—The Book That Made ...
www.preteristarchive.com/2015_cathail_the...
Since it was first published in 1909, the Scofield Reference Bible has made uncompromising Zionists out of tens of millions of Americans. When John Hagee, the founder of Christians United for Israel (CUFI), said that “50 million evangelical bible-believing Christians unite with five million ...

Legion
06-07-2018, 06:04 PM

They do?

All of them?

Every single one?

Leonthecat
06-07-2018, 06:11 PM

Poor RB 60.

kudzu
06-07-2018, 06:13 PM
They do?

All of them?

Every single one?

Evangelicals were a tiny group and they were not Zionists nor did they believe Revelation was futuristic.

Legion
06-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Evangelicals were a tiny group and they were not Zionists nor did they believe Revelation was futuristic.

So you admit that not evangelicals subscribed to the "Scofield Heresy".

kudzu
06-07-2018, 06:20 PM
So you admit that not evangelicals subscribed to the "Scofield Heresy".

The Scofield heresy was paid for by Samuel Untermyer.. and gained popularity at tent revivals during the Depression and Dust Bowl years. It has been embraced by Evangelicals because most of their preachers come out of Moody Institute and Dallas Theological Seminary or some affiliated Bible college..

Legion
06-07-2018, 06:23 PM
The Scofield heresy was paid for by Samuel Untermyer.. and gained popularity at tent revivals during the Depression and Dust Bowl years. It has been embraced by Evangelicals because most of their preachers come out of Moody Institute and Dallas Theological Seminary or some affiliated Bible college..

You admit that not all evangelicals follow the "Scofield Heresy".

kudzu
06-07-2018, 06:25 PM
You admit that not all evangelicals follow the "Scofield Heresy".

They do now since Cyrus Scofield's bad theology.

kudzu
06-07-2018, 06:48 PM
All of them?

Every single one?

On the Road to Armageddon
How evangelicals became Israel's best friend.
Adapted with permission from On the Road to Armageddon: How Evangelicals Became Israel's Best Friend, by Timothy P. Weber, copyright 2004 Baker Academic, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

In a recent Time/CNN poll, more than one-third of Americans said that since the terrorist attacks of 9/11, they have been thinking more about how current events might be leading to the end of the world.

While only 36 percent of all Americans believe that the Bible is God's Word and should be taken literally, 59 percent say they believe that events predicted in the Book of Revelation will come to pass.

Almost one out of four Americans believes that 9/11 was predicted in the Bible, and nearly one in five believes that he or she will live long enough to see the end of the world. Even more significant for this study, over one-third of those Americans who support Israel report that they do so because they believe the Bible teaches that the Jews must possess their own country in the Holy Land before Jesus can return.
Millions of Americans believe that the Bible predicts the future and that we are living in the last days.

Their beliefs are rooted in dispensationalism, a particular way of understanding the Bible's prophetic passages, especially those in Daniel and Ezekiel in the Old Testament and the Book of Revelation in the New Testament.

They make up about one-third of America's 40 or 50 million evangelical Christians and believe that the nation of Israel will play a central role in the unfolding of end-times events. In the last part of the 20th century, dispensationalist evangelicals become Israel's best friends-an alliance that has made a serious geopolitical difference.

During times of turmoil and world crisis, many people who ordinarily do not pay the Bible any mind are attentive to Bible teachers who use "signs of the times" to explain where history is headed.

Though dispensationalists fine-tuned their prophetic interpretations as needed over time, they retained their core belief about the role of Jews in the last days. For over 100 years, their insistence on the restoration of the Jewish state in the Holy Land seemed far-fetched. But after the founding of Israel in 1948 and its expansion after the Six-Day War, dispensationalists promoted their ideas with the confidence that Bible prophecy was being fulfilled for all to see.

Starting in the 1970s, dispensationalists broke into the popular culture with runaway best-sellers, and a well-networked political campaign to promote and protect the interests of Israel. Since the mid-1990s, tens of millions of people who have never seen a prophetic chart or listened to a sermon on the second coming have read one or more novels in the Left Behind series, which has become the most effective disseminator of dispensationalist ideas ever.

Before the founding and expansion of Israel, dispensationalists were more or less content to teach their doctrine, look for signs of the times, and predict in sometimes great detail what was going to happen in the future. They believed that they would be raptured before most end-times events actually took place, but they expected to be here long enough to see history moving decisively in a predetermined direction. In essence, they sat high in the bleachers on history's 50-yard line, watching as various teams took their positions on the playing field below and explaining how the game was going to end.

But all that changed after Israel reclaimed its place in Palestine and expanded its borders. For the first time, dispensationalists believed that it was necessary to leave the bleachers and get onto the playing field to make sure the game ended according to the divine script.

The biggest story in the years following the Six-Day War was how dispensationalists organized to support Israel in the face of the forces arrayed against it. Now that Jews were "home" in the Land of Israel and had expanded beyond its 1948 borders, dspensationalists became committed to keeping them there.

During the early 1980s the Israeli Ministry of Tourism recruited evangelical religious leaders for free "familiarization" tours. In time, hundreds of evangelical pastors got free trips to the Holy Land. The purpose of such promotional tours was to enable people of even limited influence to experience Israel for themselves and be shown how they might bring their own tour group to Israel.

The Ministry of Tourism was interested in more than tourist dollars: here was a way of building a solid corps of non-Jewish supporters for Israel in the United States by bringing large numbers of evangelicals to hear and see Israel's story for themselves. The strategy caught on.

Getting American evangelicals to travel to Israel was only half of the Israeli strategy. The other half was to create a politically-engaged, pro-Israel force among conservative American Christians in the United States.

Shortly after the Six-Day War, elements within the Israeli government saw the potential power of the evangelical subculture and began to mobilize it as a base of support that could influence American foreign policy. The Israeli government sent Yona Malachy of its Department of Religious Affairs to the United States to study American fundamentalism and its potential as an ally of Israel.

Malachy was warmly received by fundamentalists and was able to influence some of them to issue strong pro-Israeli manifestos. By the mid-1980s, there was a discernible shift in the Israeli political strategy. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the Jewish state's major lobbying group in Washington, D.C., started re-aligning itself with the American political right-wing, including Christian conservatives. Israel's timing was perfect. It began working seriously with American dispensationalists at the precise moment that American fundamentalists and evangelicals were discovering their political voice.

Read more at http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/end-times/on-the-road-to-armageddon.aspx#JM3WklDu17IOryWo.99

Legion
06-07-2018, 07:32 PM
They do now since Cyrus Scofield's bad theology.

All of them?

Every single one?

The Ugly Truth
06-07-2018, 07:57 PM
All of them?

Every single one?

You can't argue with an idiot, Legion. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with greater experience. Just ignore him.

Legion
06-07-2018, 07:58 PM
You can't argue with an idiot, Legion. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with greater experience. Just ignore him.

He/she recently claimed that "gas is $5 @ gallon in NYC". :rofl2:

kudzu
06-07-2018, 07:58 PM

See On the Road to Armageddon #55

The Ugly Truth
06-07-2018, 07:59 PM
He recently claimed that "gas is $5 @ gallon in NYC". :rofl2:

:whoa: :laugh:

kudzu
06-07-2018, 08:00 PM
He recently claimed that "gas is $5 @ gallon in NYC". :rofl2:

She, not he..........

Gas hits $5 a gallon in New York City - Story | WNYW
www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-hits-5-a-gallon-in-new-york-city
NEW YORK CITY (FOX5NY) - With the summer travel season fast approaching, gas prices are on the rise but some people are getting sticker shock in Manhattan. Regular gas has hit $5 a gallon at at least one station.

In Manhattan, Gas Reaches $5 a Gallon
www.newser.com/story/259617/gas-hits-5-per-gallon-at...
May 21, 2018 · In Manhattan, Gas Reaches $5 a Gallon Price at Hell's Kitchen ... That's higher than the $3.18 average in New York City overall, according to AAA, ...

The Ugly Truth
06-07-2018, 08:02 PM
See On the Road to Armageddon #55

I've already read it. That's why I called you an idiot.

Legion
06-07-2018, 08:04 PM
She, not he..........

Gas hits $5 a gallon in New York City - Story | WNYW
www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-hits-5-a-gallon-in-new-york-city
NEW YORK CITY (FOX5NY) - With the summer travel season fast approaching, gas prices are on the rise but some people are getting sticker shock in Manhattan. Regular gas has hit $5 a gallon at at least one station.

In Manhattan, Gas Reaches $5 a Gallon
www.newser.com/story/259617/gas-hits-5-per-gallon-at...
May 21, 2018 · In Manhattan, Gas Reaches $5 a Gallon Price at Hell's Kitchen ... That's higher than the $3.18 average in New York City overall, according to AAA, ...

Y O U made the claim.

Gasoline is $5,00 a gallon in NYC.Quit blaming the media.

I have proven repeatedly that gas is available all over NYC for less than $5 @ gallon.

Here's the average gas price per gallon in NYC right now: $3.184

Here's the 18-month fluctuation:

http://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?Country=USA&Crude=f&Period=18&Areas=NewYork%2c%2c&Unit=US+%24%2fG

Legion
06-07-2018, 08:09 PM
She, not he..........

Are you sure about that? :rofl2:

Legion
06-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Gasoline is $5,00 a gallon in NYC.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/USA/NY

https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts

kudzu
06-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Y O U made the claim.

Quit blaming the media.

I have proven repeatedly that gas is available all over NYC for less than $5 @ gallon.

Here's the average gas price per gallon in NYC right now: $3.184

Here's the 18-month fluctuation:

http://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?Country=USA&Crude=f&Period=18&Areas=NewYork%2c%2c&Unit=US+%24%2fG

Don't YOU read the news? I do... or do you think I write for Fox News?

Legion
06-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Don't YOU read the news? I do... or do you think I write for Fox News?

You didn't cite any media reports at all when you made your silly claim, did you?

Nope. You stated it as a matter of fact.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 01:31 AM
I've already read it. That's why I called you an idiot.

Samuel Untermyer also bought the Peck letters, blackmailed Wilson, put Brandeis on the Supreme Court, declared war on Germany from Madison Square Garden in 1933 and raised millions for the 6 million starving Jews of Europe.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 01:33 AM
You didn't cite any media reports at all when you made your silly claim, did you?

I posted the media reports.. That's where I got my information.. I am NOT in NYC.. I'm in Atlanta.. I posted the Fox News and the NewsMax links for you several times.

RB 60
06-09-2018, 03:08 AM

...then why have I never heard of this "Scofield"?

kudzu
06-09-2018, 03:13 AM
...then why have I never heard of this "Scofield"?

Most Evangelicals don't know.. Their clergy discourages reading anything but the Bible and listening to anyone but them.

Look up Cyrus Scofield.. He was quite the criminal of his day.

RB 60
06-09-2018, 03:20 AM
Most Evangelicals don't know.. Their clergy discourages reading anything but the Bible and listening to anyone but them.

Then my question is, why post that "Evangelicals follow the Scofield Heresy" when most "don't know"?

Minister of Truth
06-09-2018, 03:24 AM

If they are only reading from the Bible, then they must not be reading anything by Cyrus Scofield.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 03:46 AM
If they are only reading from the Bible, then they must not be reading anything by Cyrus Scofield.

I take it that you haven't heard of the Scofield Bible.. Untermyer paid Scofield to write it and paid to publish it. The shift in doctrine gave us Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey and the Left Behind series. Its the basis for the Rapture Ready crowd.. and "Christian Zionism".

Scofield started the Dallas Theological Seminary.. and affiliated Bible Colleges like the Moody institute.

Basically Evangelicals have been conned and have no idea where their beliefs come from.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 03:48 AM
Then my question is, why post that "Evangelicals follow the Scofield Heresy" when most "don't know"?

Do you believe that Russia is Gog and Magog or that when all Jews return to Palestine and build a new temple that Jesus will return? Do you believe the 2/3rds will convert and 1/3 will die?

If so, you believe in the Scofield heresy.

Minister of Truth
06-09-2018, 04:22 AM
I take it that you haven't heard of the Scofield Bible.. Untermyer paid Scofield to write it and paid to publish it. The shift in doctrine gave us Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey and the Left Behind series. Its the basis for the Rapture Ready crowd.. and "Christian Zionism".

Scofield started the Dallas Theological Seminary.. and affiliated Bible Colleges like the Moody institute.

Basically Evangelicals have been conned and have no idea where their beliefs come from.

Well, being a Catholic (whose amillennialism view has been long established in the post-Nicaea and post-Augustine world), millennialism doesn't really have much import to my life. Interesting reading though.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Well, being a Catholic (whose amillennialism view has been long established in the post-Nicaea and post-Augustine world), millennialism doesn't really have much import to my life. Interesting reading though.

In general Catholics haven't fallen into the trap of dominionism and dispensationalism.. Hagee, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell etc ... most television and mega church preachers buy into it.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 04:50 AM
Amillennialism has been widely held in the Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches as well as in the Roman Catholic Church, which generally embraces an Augustinian eschatology and which has deemed that premillennialism "cannot safely be taught."

Amillennialism is also common among Protestant denominations such as the Lutheran, Reformed, Anglican, many Messianic Jews, and Methodist Churches.

It represents the historical position of the Amish, Old Order Mennonite, and Conservative Mennonites (though among the more modern groups premillennialism has made inroads).

It is common among groups arising from the 19th century American Restoration Movement such as the Churches of Christ,:125 Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Christian churches and churches of Christ. It also has a following amongst Baptist denominations such as The Association of Grace Baptist Churches in England.

Partial preterism is sometimes a component of amillennial hermeneutics. Amillennialism declined in Protestant circles with the rise of Postmillennialism and the resurgence of Premillennialism in the 18th and 19th centuries, but it has regained prominence in the West after World War II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism

domer76
06-09-2018, 05:15 AM

lol

The obvious answer, moron, is that they are blind, uninformed sheep.

RB 60
06-09-2018, 05:16 AM
lol

The obvious answer, moron, is that they are blind, uninformed sheep.

Fuck off, asshole.

domer76
06-09-2018, 05:18 AM
Fuck off, asshole.

The truth hurts, doesn’t it, Rufus?

As well as the truth that you are too stupid to recognize the answer to your own simpleton’s question.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 05:26 AM
Fuck off, asshole.

Do you believe that Russia is Gog and Magog or that when all Jews return to Palestine and build a new temple that Jesus will return? Do you believe the 2/3rds will convert and 1/3 will die?

If so, you believe in the Scofield heresy.

RB 60
06-09-2018, 05:28 AM
The truth hurts, doesn’t it, Rufus?

As well as the truth that you are too stupid to recognize the answer to your own simpleton’s question.

Since when has truth ever influenced your intellectual ignorance?

kudzu
06-09-2018, 05:31 AM

You asked me a question and then ducked out.. Do you prefer to fuss with domer76?

RB 60
06-09-2018, 05:49 AM
You asked me a question and then ducked out.. Do you prefer to fuss with domer76?

To answer your question, no, I have never heard of this Scofield or his "Bible."
You claim that Evangelicals have been "conned," but how can we be if we've never heard of this Scofield?
From what I've read, Russia isn't mentioned in the Bible, I highly doubt "all" Jews will return Palistine.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 06:09 AM
To answer your question, no, I have never heard of this Scofield or his "Bible."
You claim that Evangelicals have been "conned," but how can we be if we've never heard of this Scofield?
From what I've read, Russia isn't mentioned in the Bible, I highly doubt "all" Jews will return Palistine.

Most Evangelicals really have no clue where their beliefs come from. For instance, when President Bush was trying to get French president Chirac to back his invasion or Iraq, he said, "look I'm fighting Gog and Magog here".. That's Scofield.

Guno צְבִי
06-09-2018, 06:30 AM
“The Christian god is a three-headed monster, cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three-headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

mak2
06-09-2018, 06:30 AM
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.yjcJCbIvdUdGNvAG4MLf9AHaJk&w=167&h=216&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

I remember this from when I was a kid. I bet I still have it somewhere in my Dad's old Bibles etc.

domer76
06-09-2018, 06:34 AM

lol

Keep demonstrating your massive stupidity. It’s enjoyable.

domer76
06-09-2018, 06:35 AM

lol

As I indicated, you’re not only conned, you’re ignorant of it.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 06:59 AM
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.yjcJCbIvdUdGNvAG4MLf9AHaJk&w=167&h=216&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

I remember this from when I was a kid. I bet I still have it somewhere in my Dad's old Bibles etc.

Scofield founded the Dallas Theological Seminary which turns out preachers who teach the Scofield heresy.. Domionists and Dispensationalists and Christian Zionists.

Legion
06-09-2018, 09:53 AM
I posted the media reports.. That's where I got my information.. I am NOT in NYC.. I'm in Atlanta.. I posted the Fox News and the NewsMax links for you several times.

This is your post in its entirety, isn't it?

You stated it as a matter of fact. Y O U wanted to cast doubt on America's rising prosperity under President Trump, didn't you?

Gas was and is available for less than $5 @ gallon in NYC, as anyone with a browser and an Internet connection could have determined in seconds.

Stop blaming others for your lack of due diligence.

kudzu
06-09-2018, 10:14 AM
This is your post in its entirety, isn't it?

You stated it as a matter of fact. Y O U wanted to cast doubt on America's rising prosperity under President Trump, didn't you?

Gas was and is available for less than $5 @ gallon in NYC, as anyone with a browser and an Internet connection could have determined in seconds.

Stop blaming others for your lack of due diligence.

I most certainly did.. and then I posted the news links repeatedly.. You just made yourself out to be a weak brained, badgering dick.

Legion
06-09-2018, 10:19 AM
I most certainly did.. and then I posted the news links repeatedly.. You just made yourself out to be a weak brained, badgering dick.

You posted the news links after I proved that gas was available at multiple locations in NYC for less than $5 @ gallon.

There is absolutely no evidence that you based your claim on anything prior to making it, is there?

kudzu
06-09-2018, 10:21 AM
You posted the news links after I proved that gas was available at multiple locations in NYC for less than $5 @ gallon.

There is absolutely no evidence that you based your claim on anything prior to making it, is there?

Take it up with Fox News, you jackass.

Legion
06-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Take it up with Fox News, you jackass.

Fox News didn't post this claim:

You did.

RB 60
06-10-2018, 04:35 AM
Most Evangelicals really have no clue where their beliefs come from. For instance, when President Bush was trying to get French president Chirac to back his invasion or Iraq, he said, "look I'm fighting Gog and Magog here".. That's Scofield.

Whatever...I guess you know more than I what I believe.

kudzu
06-10-2018, 04:37 AM
Whatever...I guess you know more than I what I believe.

I have no idea what you believe. Do you think the Revelation letter to the 7 churches is about 2000 years in the future? Do you believe in the Rapture? Are you a Christian Zionist?

kudzu
06-10-2018, 04:38 AM

You did.

You have hard evidence that Fox did make that claim.

RB 60
06-10-2018, 05:48 AM
I have no idea what you believe. Do you think the Revelation letter to the 7 churches is about 2000 years in the future? Do you believe in the Rapture? Are you a Christian Zionist?

If you wish to continue this discussion (with me), answer my questions. Otherwise, this discussion is over between us.

kudzu
06-10-2018, 05:51 AM
If you wish to continue this discussion (with me), answer my questions. Otherwise, this discussion is over between us.

What questions? You diverted and claimed I know more about your beliefs than you do.. Evangelicals are steeped in the Scofield heresy.. That's a fact.

And it gained momentum with the Late Great Planet Earth and the Left Behind series.

It was conceived and promoted to encourage Christian Zionism...

kudzu
06-10-2018, 05:55 AM

You did.

Gas hits $5 a gallon in New York City
POSTED: MAY 22 2018 08:39AM EDT

UPDATED: MAY 22 2018 11:53AM EDT

NEW YORK CITY (FOX5NY) - With the summer travel season fast approaching, gas prices are on the rise but some people are getting sticker shock in Manhattan.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-hits-5-a-gallon-in-new-york-city

Legion
06-10-2018, 07:08 AM
You have hard evidence that Fox did make that claim.