PDA

View Full Version : Einstein

Guno צְבִי
05-18-2018, 08:15 AM
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me.”

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2018, 02:27 PM
so you were both wrong......./shrugs.......not our problem.....

Frank Apisa
05-18-2018, 02:30 PM
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.”

Albert Einstein in a letter to M. Berkowitz, October 25, 1950; Einstein Archive 59-215; from Alice Cjavascript://alaprice, ed., The Expanded Quotable Einstein, Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press, 2000, p. 216.

Guno צְבִי
05-18-2018, 02:48 PM

but a bible thumper with a 3th rate law degree from a buy bull skool KNOWS.......:laugh:

Guno צְבִי
05-18-2018, 02:54 PM
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
(Albert Einstein, Obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955)

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. (Albert Einstein)

There is nothing divine about morality; it is a purely human affair. (Albert Einstein, 1934)

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2018, 03:49 PM
I cannot imagine a God

I know.....

Oracle Of JPP 714
05-18-2018, 08:15 PM
I know.....

You just think you do because of your hallucinating because of your cult indoctrination, PIMP.

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2018, 09:07 PM
imagine that.....

Oracle Of JPP 714
05-18-2018, 11:54 PM
imagine that.....

Like what john lennon sang about.

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 12:40 AM
Religious people lie about what Einstein believed, just like they lie about everything, even to themselves.
Einstein was far too smart to entertain the idea of supernatural beings and living forever in never neverland.
You must become voluntarily retarded to subscribe to such childish fantasies.
Honest and intellectually capable people, like Einstein, could never bring themselves to lie to themselves like that.

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 12:41 AM

Just imagine if all the people in the world could be honest with themselves.

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 12:44 AM
You just think you do because of your hallucinating because of your cult indoctrination, PIMP.

PimP is positive that he was lucky enough to be born into the one supernatural cult that was correct.
Just as every supernatural cult member in the world believes.
It is really quite pathetic.
"Mom and Daddy said, so it must be true."

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 12:47 AM
I know.....

PimP is not capable of imagining a world without God, because he would have to grow up and face the reality of his own mortality.
Poor PimP.

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 12:50 AM

PimP has a very weak mind, incapable of accepting his own mortality.

Guno צְבִי
05-19-2018, 12:54 AM
PimP has a very weak mind, incapable of accepting his own mortality.

Yes, a feeble mind

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 01:00 AM
Yes, a feeble mind

Not feeble in the sense of an old mind unable to process logic anymore because of age or illness. But more like a mind that never developed beyond it's first reckonings of it's sense of self.
In other words, retarded.
I am not just name-calling here, I am dead serious.

Religious conviction, especially among adult Christians, requires some level of, self imposed, arrested development.

cancel2 2022
05-19-2018, 01:21 AM
Just imagine if all the people in the world could be honest with themselves.

Just imagine if the world was full.of nasty cunts like you!

Leonthecat
05-19-2018, 01:24 AM

Poor Tom

Oracle Of JPP 714
05-19-2018, 02:07 AM

that would be a blessing to you.

Frank Apisa
05-19-2018, 04:41 AM
Easy on, Everyone.

For me, the correct answer to the question, "What is the true nature of the REALITY of existence?" is:

I do not know...and any guesses I make are essentially little more than blind guesses.

If I am being "honest"...I cannot logically assert that there is a GOD or gods involved. BUT...I also cannot logically assert that there are no gods...no GOD. Further, I cannot logically assert that it is more likely there are no gods than that there is at least one, just as I cannot logically assert that it is more likely that there is at least one GOD than that there are none.

There may be things about the true nature of the REALITY of existence that make the notion of a GOD seem like a fair benign concept.

Einstein, in my opinion, was correct. He asserts that he is agnostic on the question...and then offered an opinion about the issue...essentially offering some of his guesses.

I hear the undertones in some posts here of..."There are no gods"...which of course, is as much a blind guess as, "There is a God."

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2018, 05:10 AM

do you think he's still imagining?.....

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2018, 05:13 AM
bucKKKleon must be extraordinarily butthurt......

john1565
05-19-2018, 05:17 AM
Very good collection on Einstein's opinion on religion. But it would be better if all these were combined in a single post

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2018, 05:31 AM
it would be even better if there was a reason to pay any attention to them........

Oracle Of JPP 714
05-19-2018, 07:32 AM
it would be even better if there was a reason to pay any attention to them........

PMP's like you lack reasoning skills, so you might as well ignore them while you play in your sandbox with yurt.

Oracle Of JPP 714
05-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Very good collection on Einstein's opinion on religion. But it would be better if all these were combined in a single post

That would cause rwnuts heads to explode.

domer76
05-19-2018, 03:45 PM

So you say

domer76
05-19-2018, 03:47 PM

Pretty tough with your head up your ass, pimple.

(Watch for the 3rd grade post change, folks)

Nordberg
05-31-2018, 10:54 AM
Einstein was an intelligent and logical scientist. So like almost all people like that, he scrapped the silly concept of god, especially one that impacts the world. God just makes no sense at all. Thousands of years, total evidence for god, remains at zero.

Frank Apisa
05-31-2018, 11:02 AM
Einstein was an intelligent and logical scientist. So like almost all people like that, he scrapped the silly concept of god, especially one that impacts the world. God just makes no sense at all. Thousands of years, total evidence for god, remains at zero.

You are correct.

Einstein said he was an Agnostic...that he did not share with others the "belief" (blind guess) that a God exists (he was pretty much talking about the Abrahamic God)...that he did not share the "belief" in any god that used punishment and reward for moral consequences.

He acknowledged he could not logically conclude there are no gods.

He was an Agnostic...or more specifically, he was agnostic on the question of whether gods exist or not.