PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Yates Trial

Brent
07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
The jury found this psychopathic biatch "not guilty by reason of insanity."

WHO CARES IF SHE IS INSANE? SHE KILLED HER OWN FREAKIN' KIDS!
The solution to Andrea Yates is very simple:

Place a noose around her neck, and string her up. :)

LadyT
07-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm no Yates apologist, but I'm fundamentally against the death penalty, so if she gets life in prison or an institute, that i smore than fine by me.

Brent
07-26-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm no Yates apologist, but I'm fundamentally against the death penalty, so if she gets life in prison or an institute, that is more than fine by me.

Life in prison would be acceptable.

However, according to Texas standards, she is NOT mentally ill. I do not think she deserves to be in an institute. One of my friends works in an institute, and it is the lap of luxury. Yates does not deserve this. She deserves life in a dingy prison, or preferably, the death penalty.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm no Yates apologist, but I'm fundamentally against the death penalty, so if she gets life in prison or an institute, that i smore than fine by me.
I agree.

Although most psychologists prefer not to use the archaic word "insane" any longer, there really is something to the concept of someone so mentally ill that they can't be held accountable to the same standards as everyone else. I have no idea whether Andrea Yates really falls into that category, of course, but then neither does Brent.

Brent
07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
I have no idea whether Andrea Yates really falls into that category, of course, but then neither does Brent.

Who cares?

LadyT
07-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I agree.
I have no idea whether Andrea Yates really falls into that category, of course, but then neither does Brent.

Touche!

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Who cares?
Only people with a conscience, Brent.

Damocles
07-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Put her in a psych ward. She is a danger to herself and others. Keep her there until she is no longer a danger... You would figure that would be a lifetime. I know if I killed my children I would most definitely be a danger to myself.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Put her in a psych ward. She is a danger to herself and others. Keep her there until she is no longer a danger... You would figure that would be a lifetime. I know if I killed my children I would most definitely be a danger to myself.
I think that's probably right. It can't be easy to convince a jury that your client really isn't sane any longer. Especially not in Texas.

Brent
07-26-2006, 11:47 AM

Do have any idea of how luxurious a psych ward is? At least in California, Oregon and Washington, these wards are like 5-star hotels, except the service is even better. ;) Do you think Yates deserves a 5-star hotel? I don't.

Jarod
07-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I have always thought it should be Guilty, with a mitigating factor of Insanity.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Do have any idea of how luxurious a psych ward is? At least in California, Oregon and Washington, these wards are like 5-star hotels, except the service is even better. ;) Do you think Yates deserves a 5-star hotel? I don't.
This may well be the most outrageous thing you've ever posted, B. And that is saying something.

:321:

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:04 PM
This may well be the most outrageous thing you've ever posted, B. And that is saying something.

Here are the words of my friend who works in a psych ward in Southern California:

I work in a prison-like hospital (meaning it's maximum security, with 3 rows of razor wire and 50-foot-high walls) and they DO have modern comfort and conveniences. They have a big day room with couches and chairs. Three phones to use, two televisions with cable, a game room with a ping-pong table, a quiet room with books and typewriters, a courtyard with gardens, barbeques and basketball courts. They have unlimited supply of medicine and medical treatments, and they get to smoke all the tobacco they want. They can go to the canteen and buy food at the grill or items they need at the store section. There's a legal library, a regular library, three churches... anyway, the list could go on. Yeah, those guys in there are taken care of better than most of us. You know how much it costs to keep them there every year?

About $130,000/year....

I only MAKE about $45,000 a year working there...

ORNOTBITWISE HAS BEEN OWNED.

Damocles
07-26-2006, 12:06 PM

The state would not be putting her up at a 5 star resort... That's a strawman. And I used to volunteer at the psych ward at Bethesda when I was stationed in Maryland... It ws no 5-star hotel. Methinks there are extremely few that are like that as there are few who could afford it.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:11 PM
The state would not be putting her up at a 5 star resort... That's a strawman. And I used to volunteer at the psych ward at Bethesda when I was stationed in Maryland... It ws no 5-star hotel. Methinks there are extremely few that are like that as there are few who could afford it.

How long ago was that? Perhaps the wards in Texas are just as bad. But if they're ANYTHING like the ones in CA, OR, or WA, I strongly favor puting her in prison instead. For your information, the place my friend works at is FREE for anyone who happens to be a sexually-violent, menally-ill criminal.

Damocles
07-26-2006, 12:13 PM
How long ago was that? Perhaps the wards in Texas are just as bad. But if they're ANYTHING like the ones in CA, OR, or WA, I strongly favor puting her in prison instead. For your information, the place my friend works at is FREE for anyone who happens to be a sexually-violent, menally-ill criminal.

Having TV isn't something they'd be doing without in Prison... And if I had my druthers all "reason of insanities" would go to a special state-run psych ward built for those types...

I don't think that one should be innocent because of insanity, just punished differently. People in prison deserve to have reasonable protection from the insane. That goes in the Cruel and Unusual portion of the constitution.

Care4all
07-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Dear Bdw,

I believe you are wrong in your thinking, especially if you think you are following God's Law....

When you read his laws, like in Exodus, In every manner God's Laws that were concerned with harm, physical or civil, done against another man, they were laws of justice....

What I mean is, paraphrased, is that every punishment was levied based on intentional harm or knowledge of potential harm and being negligent...

I guess what I am saying is that punishment is relevent to the intent...like if your ox kills another man's ox in a fight, then it is not your fault because it was a natural accident and the Law says that what you are to do is give the man his ox back to sell his ox "parts", or meat and collect the money for it to buy another one.

But if your Ox had been known to be wild, and had killed another animal beforehand, and the owner took NO PRECAUTION with this ox, and this ox killed another man's ox, then the owner of the wild ox was held accountable through the law and made to kill his own ox and return both to the other man...to sell for money for the meat etc.... or SOMETHING like that....

And if a man killed another man by accident then God told him to run in to the dessert so not to be put to death until God could come to his rescue...I think?

So, I guess what I am saying, is that if Andrea Yates is and was really insane, at the time of the murders, which I whole heartedly believe from all that I have read on the case, then she should NOT BE PUT TO DEATH, according to God's Law imo and you are doing a disservice to Judeo/ Christian values by taking this stance of yours, in my very humble opinion.

care

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:19 PM
You've made an excellent point, Care4all. I am inclined to agree with you.

Care4all
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
You've made an excellent point, Care4all. I am inclined to agree with you.

:)

robdastud
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM

Brent don't be a moron, an institution is no "luxury" lol

robdastud
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
care finally discovering the holyroller disease and the effects its taken on Brent.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Brent don't be a moron, an institution is no "luxury" lol

Yeah?

I work in a prison-like hospital (meaning it's maximum security, with 3 rows of razor wire and 50-foot-high walls) and they DO have modern comfort and conveniences. They have a big day room with couches and chairs. Three phones to use, two televisions with cable, a game room with a ping-pong table, a quiet room with books and typewriters, a courtyard with gardens, barbeques and basketball courts. They have unlimited supply of medicine and medical treatments, and they get to smoke all the tobacco they want. They can go to the canteen and buy food at the grill or items they need at the store section. There's a legal library, a regular library, three churches... anyway, the list could go on. Yeah, those guys in there are taken care of better than most of us. You know how much it costs to keep them there every year?

About $130,000/year....

I only MAKE about $45,000 a year working there...

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
care finally discovering the holyroller disease and the effects its taken on Brent.

No. She made an excellent point by applying the Bible. I believe "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16)

robdastud
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
only 45K LOL

WOW he sounds riff raffy... riff raff working with the riff raff.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:33 PM
only 45K LOL

WOW he sounds riff raffy... riff raff working with the riff raff.

She... and 45k is fine for a single woman.

Thanks for proving you've been OWNED.
You gave no response to what I actually said.

Who is the moron now?

LadyT
07-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I think everyone should give BDW the benefit of the doubt, I mean its obvious he's been in them, so he'd know what kind of service they have more than any of us.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Here are the words of my friend who works in a psych ward in Southern California:

ORNOTBITWISE HAS BEEN OWNED.
Why, because one of your imaginary friends dresses up in white and kicks imaginary people when they fail to take their non-existent meds? :tongout:

Look, B., I don't care what you claim your alleged "friend" claims his alleged facility is supposedly like. I know better. I have seen, fairly recently, locked wards at San Francisco General. I've seen others in the past 5 years in the bay area. None of your damned business why or how.

Your "modern conveniences" don't make up for the anguish of those straights. Believe that or not -- I care little. If you didn't just make up that quote and you really know someone who feels that way, he should be fired on the spot. He is unsuited to that sort of work.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I think everyone should give BDW the benefit of the doubt, I mean its obvious he's been in them, so he'd know what kind of service they have more than any of us.

No, I know two people who work in them.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 12:36 PM
She... and 45k is fine for a single woman.

Thanks for proving you've been OWNED.
You gave no response to what I actually said.

Who is the moron now?
In Southern California? She better be damned young, 'cause that's paltry. She's probably a toilet scrubber.

And one who should be fired, even so.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:38 PM
In Southern California? She better be damned young, 'cause that's paltry. She's probably a toilet scrubber.

And one who should be fired, even so.

She does quite well for herself, acually.
She lives in the Santa Maria area.

Funny how you liberals can't respond to anything but money.

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 12:39 PM
She does quite well for herself, acually.
She lives in the Santa Maria area.

Funny how you liberals can't respond to anything but money.
Just as I thought: you made her up. :D

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Just as I thought: you made her up. :D

No I did not. How could I have made up that entire quote in a few minutes? You're an idiot. I can give you the fucking name of the institution, if you really want to investigate it for yourself, once I find out the name from her.

DigitalDave
07-26-2006, 12:43 PM
No I did not. How could I have made up that entire quote in a few minutes? You're an idiot. I can give you the fucking name of the institution, if you really want to investigate it for yourself, once I find out the name from her.

Yep, he made her up....

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Yep, he made her up....

Screw you.

I'll give you both the name of the institution, once I find out, and you can investigate it for yourselves. Stop throwing out these accusations like weak little children.

Brent
07-26-2006, 12:51 PM
I don't lie, fellas. I did not need this example. I just remembered when she posted her story on my site, and thought I'd post it here to demonstrate.

Heck, I'll give Care the link to the original post and SHE can verify this is a real person. But there's no way in hell I'm giving ANY of you guys the link. I trust some people, others I do not.

DigitalDave
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Screw you...like weak little children.

Look rob, I knew he'd come out of the closet after Lance Bass did!

Brent
07-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I've asked Care4all to confirm that I'm telling the truth.

But then, you'll probably just accuse HER of lying, too. :rolleyes:

Look rob, I knew he'd come out of the closet after Lance Bass did!

Ok, that is funny. :p

OrnotBitwise
07-26-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't lie, fellas. I did not need this example. I just remembered when she posted her story on my site, and thought I'd post it here to demonstrate.

Heck, I'll give Care the link to the original post and SHE can verify this is a real person. But there's no way in hell I'm giving ANY of you guys the link. I trust some people, others I do not.
Give it a rest, B. Do you think we really care whether this one person exists or not? Do you honestly think it makes one bit of difference? You need to learn to recognize when one of your chains is being yanked. Gods know you leave enough of 'em hangin' out there.

Two points for you to ponder . . . .

1) Are you familiar with the phrase "anecdotal evidence?" This story, even if true, has almost no weight at all. That's especially true in my case since I have my own experience that contradicts it. Even if I didn't, however, it wouldn't convince me of anything. Nor should it.

2) Even if these facilities were, in general, as luxurious as you seem to believe, so what? Why do you have such a hard-on to punish this woman? If the diagnosis is correct, she's already living in a hell worse than your imagination could concoct.

DigitalDave
07-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Give it a rest, B. Do you think we really care whether this one person exists or not? Do you honestly think it makes one bit of difference? You need to learn to recognize when one of your chains is being yanked. Gods know you leave enough of 'em hangin' out there.

1) Are you familiar with the phrase "anecdotal evidence?" This story, even if true, has almost no weight at all. That's especially true in my case since I have my own experience that contradicts it. Even if I didn't, however, it wouldn't convince me of anything. Nor should it.

2) Even if these facilities were, in general, as luxurious as you seem to believe, so what? Why do you have such a hard-on to punish this woman? If the diagnosis is correct, she's already living in a hell worse than your imagination could concoct.

I dunno Ornot, Im not fan of 'yanking' anyones 'chain'. I was trying to raise his blood pressure a little bit though. ;)

Care4all
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM

fyi, brent did give me the link, and there was a poster on this thread that went all in to the conditions at the asylum that he worked at...

Brent is not lying about this....

I did mention to Brent via email that we don't know if this poster on that site was "lying" or not, regarding the conditions of where he worked, or not....but as Brent has stated, he did not make this up, he did read it on another message board.

Thank you for listening! ;)

care

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 09:20 AM
fyi, brent did give me the link, and there was a poster on this thread that went all in to the conditions at the asylum that he worked at...

I did mention to Brent via email that we don't know if this poster on that site was "lying" or not, regarding the conditions of where he worked, or not....but as Brent has stated, he did not make this up, he did read it on another message board.

care
Honestly, I never thought he made it up. I'm pretty sure he can't write that quickly. :D I was just messin' wid 'im.

I do think, however, that it doesn't make any difference -- which is part of why I felt comfortable dismissing it. First, as you point out, the story has no proven provenance. Second, a single instance of an enlightened facility proves nothing. Especially not to me, since I've seen the inside of some definitively unenlightened ones. Most of all, though, I don't see why it should matter.

A psychiatric hospital is not a prison. It's purpose is not to punish but to heal.

Brent
07-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Honestly, I never thought he made it up. I'm pretty sure he can't write that quickly. :D I was just messin' wid 'im.

Nice save. NOT. :)

LadyT
07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
LMAO, I can't believe he cared that much! :readit:

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Nice save. NOT. :)
LOL! Who's your daddy, Brent? You were so PO-ed you had to bring Care in to vouch for you.

:pke:

DigitalDave
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
LOL! Who's your daddy, Brent? You were so PO-ed you had to bring Care in to vouch for you.

:pke:

lmao! I had to join in on the fun...

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 01:36 PM

Not even close.

Immie

OrnotBitwise
07-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Not even close.

Immie
Point taken.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 01:51 PM

care

Nor do we know that this other poster is not one of Brent's trolls. ;)

Immie