PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band

Cancel5
02-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Hello, I am a Rock Band Addict...

It is one of the reasons I haven't been on here much, lately.

Who else has gotten a chance to experience this game?

uscitizen
02-28-2008, 06:59 AM
??? I don't even know what you are talking about.

Blackflag
02-28-2008, 08:21 AM
I understand your addiction. WHo would have thought that playing plastic guitars and drums is more fun that playing the real thing.

Damocles
02-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I understand your addiction. WHo would have thought that playing plastic guitars and drums is more fun that playing the real thing.
Does it even teach you how to play the real thing at all?

Cypress
02-28-2008, 09:23 AM

No way, man:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4644/jamminggn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Damocles
02-28-2008, 09:53 AM
lol. You keep posting the mullet pics... :D

Epicurus
02-28-2008, 10:58 AM
No way, man:

OMG TOO FUNNY

Timshel
02-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello, I am a Rock Band Addict...

It is one of the reasons I haven't been on here much, lately.

Who else has gotten a chance to experience this game?

I got it for my girls kid. Been wanting to play it more, but have not gotten to it.

BRUTALITOPS
02-28-2008, 03:21 PM

speaking as someone that has played guitar for 12 years:

I think guitar hero/rock band absolutely help you in some regards to playing the real guitar... it really teaches you rhythm and timing which for a lot of n00bs is a hard thing to grasp.

Cancel7
02-28-2008, 03:34 PM

I think guitar hero/rock band absolutely help you in some regards to playing the real guitar... it really teaches you rhythm and timing which for a lot of n00bs is a hard thing to grasp.

This might be something for the virgins, Asshat and Gonzo to look into then.

BRUTALITOPS
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
lol darla, you get an A for effort, but don't be so desperate for one liners and zingers, they'll screw up enough to give you gold :)

gonzojournals
02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Here is a hint: if you want to be a cunt and take potshots at people in threads that they aren't even talking to you in, you should probably grow big enough balls to take them off ignore so that you receive their responses.

Blackflag
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
It can teach you to play drums and keep the beats. Check this sick video of a real drummer playing "and justice for all" on RB.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9XLiMfBRo

For guitar it can teach you techniques that you use on real guitar but no it can't teach you to play it.

Damn here is another sick one. "Perfect Drug"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AzYSDlQBiIs

Damocles
02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Here is a hint: if you want to be a cunt and take potshots at people in threads that they aren't even talking to you in, you should probably grow big enough balls to take them off ignore so that you receive their responses.
:readit:

Cancel7
02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Duh, I"m talking about this.

And if you missed asshat using it at least five times today, you can find it yourself. But this is what I am specifically referring to.

gonzojournals
02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Indeed, I used language! I'm such a horrible person for using a word. You know who else used that word? Chaucer...and for those of you who want to dispute that it meant something different back then, so did James Joyce.

If you want to stop being called that, stop acting like one, or grow some thicker skin.

Damocles
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Duh, I"m talking about this.

And if you missed asshat using it at least five times today, you can find it yourself. But this is what I am specifically referring to.
I just randomly picked one of his posts and quoted it. I didn't read it or mean it for any special message to you.

However, if I had it would have been to see you tear into somebody for using the word...

gonzojournals
02-28-2008, 09:42 PM
I thought you picked it to show her that it is lame to attack people while you have them on ignore.

Damocles
02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I thought you picked it to show her that it is lame to attack people while you have them on ignore.
M'eh. I didn't read it carefully enough. Any post would do, but I would have picked one without that word or given more of a reason for it had I actually read carefully.

I was basically giving back what had been given, but it all backfired on me. Instant karma...

gonzojournals
02-28-2008, 09:56 PM
What karma? You board will not suffer if she leaves.

Damocles
02-28-2008, 10:05 PM
What karma? You board will not suffer if she leaves.
You take the post too seriously.

gonzojournals
02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I don't take anything seriously--- I just hope for the best (her leaving, as she stopped contributing months ago and now serves only as LadyT's partner in promoting random attacks on the male posters for not being sensitive enough)

Cancel7
02-29-2008, 05:37 AM
I just randomly picked one of his posts and quoted it. I didn't read it or mean it for any special message to you.

However, if I had it would have been to see you tear into somebody for using the word...

I see. Well, you were right, it is too bad you didn't read it first. I'm glad to hear it wasn't done on purpose though.

Cancel7
02-29-2008, 05:43 AM
You take the post too seriously.

It's just really funny that the tiny, powerless man, thinks I would leave because he called me a word.

I couldn't care less what he calls me. But there's no reason for it to slide under the radar like his other souless shit does.

Cancel7
02-29-2008, 05:56 AM
M'eh. I didn't read it carefully enough. Any post would do, but I would have picked one without that word or given more of a reason for it had I actually read carefully.

I was basically giving back what had been given, but it all backfired on me. Instant karma...

You know, I don't remember quoting Cypress solely so that SF can see it. I might have done it some time, but I don't recall the occassion. So the other part of this, is that you "gave back" to the wrong person.
And that's fine too Damo, normally I really wouldn't care. But it doesn't look good for someone I like to be doing this :readit: to a post calling me a cunt. It's kind of hurtful. Like most people, I don't care what people I have complete contempt for think or say about me. But you're not Gonzo.

gonzojournals
02-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Sounds like someone needs a sea sponge.

Blackflag
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Wow this turned into another crybaby thread.

Damocles
02-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow this turned into another crybaby thread.
:cry:

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:08 PM

People such as myself who have never done so. I now plan, as a result of this game to go and buy a bass guitar at a secondhand store and take lessons.

What a sour grapes attitude, have a little fun in life! We all can't be Eric Claptons and to be able to have the game gives you a little fantasy time.

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:13 PM

No, should it?

Does "Call of Duty" teach you how to be a real soldier?

Does "Assassins Creed" teach you how to be an assassin?

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I got it for my girls kid. Been wanting to play it more, but have not gotten to it.

I think it is a great family game and it may encourage children to try the real thing!!! At least that is what I hope the game does.

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
No way, man:

No, it is not as good as the real thing, but is any game?

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:16 PM

Oh, good point. It does do that, plus I have heard young men sing who would never do it, otherwise! It is just good, clean fun!

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
It can teach you to play drums and keep the beats. Check this sick video of a real drummer playing "and justice for all" on RB.

For guitar it can teach you techniques that you use on real guitar but no it can't teach you to play it.

They have online competitions. They are having a "Guitar Hero" contest here in Anchorage for Fur Rondy and the winner will receive a real guitar! Guitar Hero and Rock Band are getting BIG!

Cancel5
03-01-2008, 04:20 PM

My son loves Green Grass and High Tides...he can really play! but he is also a drummer, he can play REAL drums!

Blackflag
03-03-2008, 08:36 AM
People such as myself who have never done so. I now plan, as a result of this game to go and buy a bass guitar at a secondhand store and take lessons.

What a sour grapes attitude, have a little fun in life! We all can't be Eric Claptons and to be able to have the game gives you a little fantasy time.

I don't understand your post....did you think I was being sarcastic? I've played guitar for 20 years and I seriously have more fun playing rock band. I wasn't being sarcastic or insulting, or sour grapes...wtf.

FUCK THE POLICE
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Dear Grind,

I am better than you at playing guitar. Guitar hero is for n00bs with b00bs.

Sorry.

Love, WM

uscitizen
03-03-2008, 07:55 PM
No, should it?

Does "Call of Duty" teach you how to be a real soldier?

Does "Assassins Creed" teach you how to be an assassin?

No but Zork taught me how to keep from being done in by a Grue.

Blackflag
03-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Dear Grind,

Sorry.

Love, WM

Dear Watermark,

I would own your face and cut your head at a guitar playing contest. Bring it homos.

Love, BF

FUCK THE POLICE
03-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Dear Watermark,

I would own your face and cut your head at a guitar playing contest. Bring it homos.

Love, BF

I don't think that my folk and Hawaiian Jazz would sound too well with your death metal. It would be an interesting sound, though.

I know more about music than anyone at the site. Oh the PWNership!

BRUTALITOPS
03-04-2008, 04:13 AM
Dear Grind,

Sorry.

Love, WM

dear watermark, you are going through the phase where you think you are good but you really aint shit

oxoxoxoxo

grind

Cancel5
03-04-2008, 05:46 AM
No but Zork taught me how to keep from being done in by a Grue.

((((((((citizen))))))))

Cancel5
03-04-2008, 05:47 AM
No, it is not as good as the real thing, but is any game?

Oooooooo, baby!

Cancel5
03-04-2008, 05:49 AM
I don't understand your post....did you think I was being sarcastic? I've played guitar for 20 years and I seriously have more fun playing rock band. I wasn't being sarcastic or insulting, or sour grapes...wtf.

My bad, mea culpa...I don't know personalities, yet!

Hugs?

Cancel5
03-04-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't think that my folk and Hawaiian Jazz would sound too well with your death metal. It would be an interesting sound, though.

How can you state that?

Cancel5
03-04-2008, 05:52 AM
dear watermark, you are going through the phase where you think you are good but you really aint shit

oxoxoxoxo

grind

I say prove you know more? In what way? Does he have a major? Did he take Garage Band? Has he studied music theory? Is he natural at harmony?
Does he have perfect pitch?

FUCK THE POLICE
03-04-2008, 06:17 AM
I say prove you know more? In what way? Does he have a major? Did he take Garage Band? Has he studied music theory? Is he natural at harmony?
Does he have perfect pitch?

How could anyone be "natural at harmony"? It's not difficult to play two strings at once. ;)

FUCK THE POLICE
03-04-2008, 06:18 AM

oxoxoxoxo

grind

Grind, you're an obnoxious creep, but I just ain't going to let this fly. I'm better than you at guitar, which is simply fact.

Blackflag
03-04-2008, 08:12 AM

What makes you think I listen to Death Metal and I doubt your music knowledge.

Blackflag
03-04-2008, 08:13 AM
MY E-PEEN IS BIGGER AND MY GUITAR PLAYING IS BETTER SO TAKE THAT!

FUCK THE POLICE
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
MY E-PEEN IS BIGGER AND MY GUITAR PLAYING IS BETTER SO TAKE THAT!

I don't have an E-penis. :(

FUCK THE POLICE
03-04-2008, 09:24 AM
What makes you think I listen to Death Metal

Many things.

and I doubt your music knowledge.

Doubt away.

uscitizen
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
WM would make a good talk show pundit. His self assurance level is off the chart.

LendMeYourEar
04-18-2008, 02:14 PM
What makes you think I listen to Death Metal and I doubt your music knowledge.

I get the impression that you listen to some decent music by your username, but you could be posin and luuuuuuv da deth (not scholastic)

BRUTALITOPS
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
you are NOT special cause you listen to the velvet underground water. shut up.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-18-2008, 10:59 PM

All conversations I have had on Velvet Underground on this thread shutted.

Epicurus
04-20-2008, 09:45 AM

LoL.

The Velvet Underground breeds a cadre of pretentious fans that can only be compared to Donnie Darko-type obsessives.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Grind, you are not special because you listen to indie rock, and find infinite meaning in such deep lyrics as "Walk around with both legs
Fight the scary day
We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves"

and

"put out the fire boys
don't stop don't stop
put out the fire on us
put out the fire boys
don't stop don't stop
put out the fire on us
"

Minister of Truth
04-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey, I happen to like "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn & Peter, which I believe happens to be a Boston band, ironically...

BRUTALITOPS
04-22-2008, 08:41 AM
watermark claims to know the most about music despite the fact all he listens to is acoustic emo folk and he's only played music for a very limited amount of time.

vs.

Grind who has an eclectic taste including indie rock, post-rock, electronica, trip hop, etc and has played guitar for more than 12 years.

Not that this argument isn't stupid to begin with, but if there is going to be a winner it isn't you watermark.

k thx bye watermark = e-pwned

Epicurus
04-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I hate it when people define themselves by their music.

Particularly shitty music, like the two of you seem to listen to.

Turn on the radio sometime and find some good rap.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
watermark claims to know the most about music

It's not a claim anymore than gravity is Newton's claim.

despite the fact all he listens to is acoustic emo folk

I listen to everything. Besides rap, which doesn't count as music anyway.

and he's only played music for a very limited amount of time.

Like since I was 10?

vs.

Grind who has an eclectic taste including indie rock, post-rock, electronica, trip hop, etc

You've gotta be shitting me. That's all basically a sub-genre of the same shit. It all sounds the same. It's like ****** teaching me about the nuances and difference between west-side rap and east-side rap.

and has played guitar for more than 12 years.

I bet you can even play "Come As You Are".

Not that this argument isn't stupid to begin with, but if there is going to be a winner it isn't you watermark.

k thx bye watermark = e-pwned

I guess this is where I declare ownership.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM
I hate it when people define themselves by their music.

Particularly shitty music, like the two of you seem to listen to.

Turn on the radio sometime and find some good rap.

Good rap is an oxymoron. Only morons without taste listen to the radio. This is like telling me that I don't understand art until I've watched American Idol, except several times more crass.

Epicurus
04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Well I only told you to find some good rap to make you mad. I don't like all rap but the stuff I like is my favorite music.

There's a lot to be said for listening to music that fits your own tastes, but listening to some bands with recognizable names sometimes wouldn't kill you either.

Minister of Truth
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I actually am in agreement with Watermark for once. Rap sucks a big one. So does country for that matter. I'm open to most anything else, including indie rock, which you are dissing Grind for, and which I pointed out there is at least one kick-ass song currently playing on the radio...

Of course, my favorites are not always too popular. Not much controversy in saying alternative rock circa 1998-2001, but I also am a fan of disco, techno dance and hip hop. :)

BRUTALITOPS
04-22-2008, 02:51 PM
lol look how mad watermark got

BRUTALITOPS
04-22-2008, 02:57 PM
and LOL at saying post-rock = electronica or trip hop = indie rock. Bitch please . . .

Tell me how similar god speed you black emperor is anything like portishead, how a silver mt zion is like rjd2 or yuka honda and how they are similar to wolf parade or arcade fire. L.O.L.

Damocles
04-22-2008, 03:07 PM
and LOL at saying post-rock = electronica or trip hop = indie rock. Bitch please . . .

Tell me how similar god speed you black emperor is anything like portishead, how a silver mt zion is like rjd2 or yuka honda and how they are similar to wolf parade or arcade fire. L.O.L.
Now you are just makin' stuff up! ;)

BRUTALITOPS
04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
epic I think you'd like rjd2 I'll have to get you some of his stuff.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-22-2008, 07:21 PM

Tell me how Tupac is similar to Biggie Smalls.

Come on. Just do it.

Seriously, all the people who listen to indie rock listen to all of that stuff. They sound very different on the surface but they all come from the same roots (well, newer same roots than most things share).

FUCK THE POLICE
04-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Well I only told you to find some good rap to make you mad. I don't like all rap but the stuff I like is my favorite music.

There's a lot to be said for listening to music that fits your own tastes, but listening to some bands with recognizable names sometimes wouldn't kill you either.

Well I don't ever listen to the beatles.

However, I LOVE Nickleback and Hinder.

FUCK THE POLICE
04-22-2008, 07:22 PM
lol look how mad watermark got

That isn't madness.

BRUTALITOPS
04-22-2008, 07:35 PM
That isn't madness.

THIS. IS. JUSTPLAINPOLITICSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Minister of Truth
04-23-2008, 02:46 AM
Well I don't ever listen to the beatles.

However, I LOVE Nickleback and Hinder.

Dude, Hinder's awesome, and so is Nickleback! But I also listen to the Beatles... :)

On the other hand, I like some indie rock but I don't listen to Tupac, so eff off Waterdork!

Damocles
04-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Dude, Hinder's awesome, and so is Nickleback! But I also listen to the Beatles... :)

On the other hand, I like some indie rock but I don't listen to Tupac, so eff off Waterdork!
Beatles are awesome, but pale to Elvis...

Minister of Truth
04-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Beatles are awesome, but pale to Elvis...

You 'ain't nothin' but a hound dog, Damo! :tongout: