PDA

View Full Version : Who is lying ?

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 11:07 AM
According to bush God told him to invade Iraq. According to the suicide bombers God is telling them to do it.
Both Gods are the same one, the god of Abraham........

Care4all
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
When the time is right, God removes His protection and gives POWER UNTO THE BEAST, (releases the Beast's power which has been restrained and held in the abbyss)

Don't ask me what all that means....but perhaps both Bush and the suicide terrorists were "allowed" by God to do their evil....for a time....? :D

evince
09-12-2006, 12:43 PM
I wish people would just do what is right and quit talking to gods

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 12:47 PM
But Desh Whatever god tells you to do is right, is it not ?
Per the believers rationale anyway.

Care4all
09-12-2006, 08:16 PM
There is nothing abnormal at all with talking to God or talking to oneself in thought only, like...
"What the heck do you think you are doing Care? Are you crazy? You know what trouble you caused when you last told your mother that, don't you remember?"

Or talking to God, like...."Please God, please let my mom live through this operation and please let it go well!"

To me, these are every day type events...not the actions of a crazy person... :D

However, saying that God SPOKE to you...well, it is...pretty uncomprehendable to me...I mean there are a couple of Prophets that I know of like Moses, that actually had God speak out loud, to them....

I am pretty certain, that was not the case with President Bush...he did not meet prophet level and have God speak to him....and tell him to go to war against a country that had done NOTHING to us....

Now how do I know this? As a "believer", I know( have faith :) ) that God is Just, good, pure, truthful, honest, loving, fair, compassionate...etc...at least the God that I know and love would never go against those traits... He would not send anyone directly or indirectly in to an unjust war, I just could never accept that this was a just war, based on what we know is considered a just war over the centuries... so, by examining the fruit in this situation, it would be my best bet...that President Bush did not have any kind of direct two way conversation with God.

And I doubt it with the Jihadists either... :D

Dixie - In Memoriam
09-12-2006, 09:22 PM
According to bush God told him to invade Iraq. According to the suicide bombers God is telling them to do it.
Both Gods are the same one, the god of Abraham........

Not the same God. Sorry. The sucide bomber believes his God, Allah, has ordained him the right to kill you in Allah's name. He has perverted his religion, and no longer practices the peaceful tenants of his faith, and is, in fact, out of the mainstream of his faith, which is why he is called a "radical" Islamist. You might liken the suicide bomber to an abortion clinic bomber, with relation to the religious beliefs they profess. Both feel they are doing "God's Work" by perverting the Word.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 10:44 PM
There is nothing abnormal at all with talking to God or talking to oneself in thought only, like...
"What the heck do you think you are doing Care? Are you crazy? You know what trouble you caused when you last told your mother that, don't you remember?"

Or talking to God, like...."Please God, please let my mom live through this operation and please let it go well!"

To me, these are every day type events...not the actions of a crazy person... :D

However, saying that God SPOKE to you...well, it is...pretty uncomprehendable to me...I mean there are a couple of Prophets that I know of like Moses, that actually had God speak out loud, to them....

I am pretty certain, that was not the case with President Bush...he did not meet prophet level and have God speak to him....and tell him to go to war against a country that had done NOTHING to us....

Now how do I know this? As a "believer", I know( have faith :) ) that God is Just, good, pure, truthful, honest, loving, fair, compassionate...etc...at least the God that I know and love would never go against those traits... He would not send anyone directly or indirectly in to an unjust war, I just could never accept that this was a just war, based on what we know is considered a just war over the centuries... so, by examining the fruit in this situation, it would be my best bet...that President Bush did not have any kind of direct two way conversation with God.

And I doubt it with the Jihadists either... :D

Well said Care.