PDA

View Full Version : Rosary

Trump0101
01-14-2018, 12:07 AM
The rosary has been a very powerful prayer for me and weapon against Satan, and no , the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion and I am not Catholic... Eastern Orthodox Churches pray the rosary and there are Protestants who go to the Marian pilgrimages to the shrines and pray the rosary as well. Marian devotion is not just Catholic.

I argue that the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion." Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

All but two of the Mysteries of the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary are found in the Gospels. The rosary is a meditation on the Life, birth, ministry, death, and Ascension of Christ and The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles. It is like praying the gospels. With each decade there is a different mystery to meditate on, meditation of the Annunciation, the visitation, the birth of our Lord, the presentation of Christ to the temple, the finding of Christ at the temple, the baptism of Christ in the Jordan, the wedding at Cana, the proclamation of the kingdom of God, the Transfiguration, the institution of the Eucharist, the agony in the garden, the scourging at the pillar, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross , the crucifixion, the Resurrection, the ascension, and the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles , are all mysteries of the Rosary, and are found in the gospel. The rosary is meditation on the gospel.

Scripture condemns vain repetition, but not all repetition is vain.
Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy,holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”... In heaven, the same prayer is recited over and over and over again day and night. Scripture does not condemn repetition, it condemns vain repetition.

She was extremely helpful. Extremely helpful is an understatement. I had serious mommy issues because my mom was cheating on my dad when I was 4, and other things she did, and that damaged my views of women in general, and I badly needed a mother figure in my life, and the Virgin Mary was the perfect mom... I needed maternal nurturing and tenderness... Praying the rosary was the most healing spiritual practice I've ever indulged in.

And no, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Catholicism or say anybody should indulge in any practice that they find makes them uncomfortable.

I'm saying we should not condemn one of the many methods that God uses to give grace to the Earth , which can be healing medicine for many people and a remedy for our ills.

The Old Testament speaks against mediums, summoning Spirits from the underworld, fortune-telling, magic, and sorcery. Those are all powers of the occult. The Old Testament does not condemn the Rosary, or invoking souls in heaven, but rather condemns the use of the forces of Darkness and summoning Spirits from Sheol.

Even if the Old Testament condemned the act of invoking the host of Heaven, which it does not, that would not necessarily mean it is forbidden, because much of what was forbidden in the Old Testament was no longer forbidden for Christians.