PDA

View Full Version : Anna Nicole Smith's Son

LadyT
09-12-2006, 08:42 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/11/anna.nicole.son.dies.ap/index.html

For some strange reason, I feel so bad for her. Even moreso compared to when other celebs have tragedies and I don't know why either. I mean to wake up in a hospital no less to find your child dead - the guilt she must be feeling is unparalleled. I can't imagine. I'm sure she wants to be happy about hte birth of her daughter, but she won't be able to.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Don't want to sould cold, but I guess I will anyway ;)
I don't know the lady and could personally care less, other that just a vauge generalized sympathy that I feel for all that suffer in the world. I do know of a family here that lost their 3 yr old son to cancer though. I gave $100 towards his burial....The hospital bills had literally bankrupted them.
Never met Nicole Smith.

LadyT
09-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Don't want to sould cold, but I guess I will anyway ;)
I don't know the lady and could personally care less, other that just a vauge generalized sympathy that I feel for all that suffer in the world. I do know of a family here that lost their 3 yr old son to cancer though. I gave $100 towards his burial....The hospital bills had literally bankrupted them.
Never met Nicole Smith.

Man. That's really sad. No son and no money. I normally don't this bad for celebs, but something about ANS's story that just rubbed me the wrong way.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah , lots of hard luck storys all over. Nothing at all against you LadyT, I like and respect ya, but I have no interest in media heroes. Just abby normal I suppose in that respect.

That family had only the one son and were doing ok with a mid level home and all before the cancer hit their son a year or so ago. They finally got on public medical assistance after the medical bills had already forced them into bankruptcy.
They are pretty well devastated now in all ways except lacking in friends....
And they were ones that had climbed up from very poor roots, so their families cannot help much finiancially, but are providing them a place to live.
They did get enough help from friends to avoid going into debt for the funeral, and their gratidude is a bit embaressing to me and most others who have helped them. Good people with bad luck.

Damocles
09-12-2006, 11:37 AM
No Schadenfruede here. I have a hard time with that emotion to begin with...

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Schadenfruede ??? I gotta look that up....

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 11:57 AM
ahhh taking joy at the misfortune of others....thanks google.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Like me when Bush falls on his face ? Yep I can admit that I enjoy that :)

Damocles
09-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Like me when Bush falls on his face ? Yep I can admit that I enjoy that :)
I just don't feel it. I didn't like it when I watched the Ds do it (Dukakis in Tank, Hart "Why don't you follow me around!").

It just kept reminding me that it wasn't just them that it hurt.... these people were our "leaders". It just got me embarrassed... Just because they are part of a different ideology like Bush is to me or Democrats are to me doesn't mean I take joy when they mess it up.

evince
09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
I feel for her that would be a very sad way to welcome a child into the world.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I just don't feel it. I didn't like it when I watched the Ds do it (Dukakis in Tank, Hart "Why don't you follow me around!").

It just kept reminding me that it wasn't just them that it hurt.... these people were our "leaders". It just got me embarrassed... Just because they are part of a different ideology like Bush is to me or Democrats are to me doesn't mean I take joy when they mess it up.

Yes it is sort of bittersweet, because of what the fool does reflects on our country.
Don't like slapstick comedy Damo ?

Damocles
09-12-2006, 01:13 PM
It depends on type. If all it is is people hitting each other... no.

If it's OJ Simpson spiking a baby after catching it... yes.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah [pretty much me too, it depends on how someone is hit. slapped with a fish works :)
Leslie Neilson is great!

LadyT
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Oh, I definitely enjoy a bit of schadenfreud every now and then. When delay went down in flames, I luxuriated in it. Pretty much anytime I see a neo-con politically disgraced, I smile inside. To tell you the truth, there may be something a little immoral about it, but I really don't care.

But I'm a little suprised I'm personalizing this soo much because I can't really stand to watch her. I think she's a disgusting dumba$$, but my heart really goes out to her and I don't understand why either.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 01:34 PM
The influence of the tube on you LadyT ?
Or possibly a female sympathetic response ?

LadyT
09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Yeah, but I can't stand her. She's visibly high all the time, she talks like a retard and she really doesn't do much to impress me in the least. I'm thinking TV would make me not care or make me real cynical about it and say something off color, but I really feel for the crackhead. Maybe its some kind of feminine comradery (sp?). But whatever it is, I don't like it. I need some "Grind" serum.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Yeah, but I can't stand her. She's visibly high all the time, she talks like a retard and she really doesn't do much to impress me in the least. I'm thinking TV would make me not care or make me real cynical about it and say something off color, but I really feel for the crackhead. Maybe its some kind of feminine comradery (sp?). But whatever it is, I don't like it. I need some "Grind" serum.

LOL, everyone needs just a very tiny touch of grind serum. Large doses are very detrimental though ;)

LadyT
09-12-2006, 02:19 PM
seriously. Like I need someone else's problems too.

uscitizen
09-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Too much sympathy/empathy is not a good thing, just as too much shelfishness is not. Balance in all things. But a tough goal, so much of it goes against our basic human nature.

Cancel7
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh, I definitely enjoy a bit of schadenfreud every now and then. When delay went down in flames, I luxuriated in it. Pretty much anytime I see a neo-con politically disgraced, I smile inside. To tell you the truth, there may be something a little immoral about it, but I really don't care.

But I'm a little suprised I'm personalizing this soo much because I can't really stand to watch her. I think she's a disgusting dumba$$, but my heart really goes out to her and I don't understand why either.

It might be because she's pathetic in some important, but hard to define way Tiana.

Actually, I feel the same way. I was just watching it on Olberman (while waiting for damned primary results that aren't in) and I just felt such a terrible sadness for her. .

Care4all
09-12-2006, 07:02 PM
I heard something really sad tonight about her and her son...

That she was 17 when she delivered him and his father ran away when he was a month old, and she raised him herself....she became a stripper...then met that billionaire guy there, married him, he died....yahdeedah...

But they were saying that her son was her pride and joy...that he was a straight ace...never did drugs like his mom and a rather shy kid, but good, all around, and that she was very proud of him...

Then they showed all of this video of her and him including their most recent one together....

And I looked at her and how she hugged him and looked at him in every single shot that they had....

And you could see it...the love she had for him, the pride she had in him, the joy she took in him being around......

May God forgive me for thinking all those horrible things about her all of these years....I didn't even know she had a son....that she CHOSE to have her son out of wedlock and chose to raise him, however which way she could....and her body may have been all she had...she certainly has no brains, imo.... I am not saying I agree with her lifestyle or with her constant drug state or any of that....I am just saying that I can't and should not have thrown that first stone at her, because I did not know her "story" that lead her there and I did not know how proud she was of her son being a "good" kid....compared to herself....

I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be his use of some of his mother's drugs....I am sure that would be devastingingly worse for her....

Anyway....I feel for her.... :(

care

LadyT
09-13-2006, 07:12 AM
It might be because she's pathetic in some important, but hard to define way Tiana.

Actually, I feel the same way. I was just watching it on Olberman (while waiting for damned primary results that aren't in) and I just felt such a terrible sadness for her. .

We were watching that too. I couldn't watch the whole thing. It was extremely sad. I just hope it encourages her to get her act together.

LadyT
09-13-2006, 07:16 AM
But they were saying that her son was her pride and joy...that he was a straight ace...never did drugs like his mom and a rather shy kid, but good, all around, and that she was very proud of him...

Then they showed all of this video of her and him including their most recent one together....

And I looked at her and how she hugged him and looked at him in every single shot that they had....

And you could see it...the love she had for him, the pride she had in him, the joy she took in him being around......

.....Anyway....I feel for her.... :(

care

I flipped on her show for a few minutes here and there and he was the definitely the only one with common sense. He was also the only positive thing I saw in her life. And it from the footage I've seen it was quite clear - I think that will make the loss all the more devastating for her.
I mean in a hospital......while she was there.....