PDA

View Full Version : Protect and Serve

Beefy
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm glad that the new media are opening up the door to this kind of shit. The watchdog aspect of it is proving to be one of the more utilitarian aspects:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/13/wheelchair.dumping/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAGb7_g4Aso

WRL
02-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree in some aspects, like the guy who was tazzed just for pointing at a speed sign to show the officer he wasn't in fact speeding, they ruled that OK...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qtgzBLA9C-k

I'll never to to utah, this crap is legal there, tazeing someone over a speeding ticket...

TRGLDTE
02-13-2008, 11:53 PM
"Protect and Serve" is a sentence fragment. It could be phrased as a question - the purpose of the police is to protect and serve whom?

(ZOG?)

WRL
02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I get infuriated every time I watch that youtube video I posted, that 'cop' should be fired for excessive force, and thrown in jail, general population. First of all, what kind of police state idiot arrests someone for refusing to sign a speeding ticket, in this state, it's voluntary, and only a promise to appear, not in any way arrestable, if you refuse, it just saves you from another 300 dollar fine if you miss your court date.

Second why did he taze the man??? That can cause death, and was an extreme use of force, this 'cop' is a disgrace, it's a speeding ticket and the man was in no way hostile, and he feels he needs to taze the man... He is a disgrace, and so is the state of Utah for saying this kind of behavior is within the law.

Secondly, the 'cop' is one big moron, how he handled the situation. He tazes a man for no reason what so ever, then orders the woman into an unsearched vehicle, and orders her to shut the door, he's lucky he didn't pull over some real criminals who had a vehicle full of guns, while some pregnant crazy just watched you taze her husband going for the AK, he is tactically an idiot, he should have ordered her to the ground in a visible location, secured both suspects, cleared the vehicle. He's a moron, and a criminal himself.

I sure would hate to see what they can shoot you for there...

FUCK THE POLICE
02-14-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm sorry, why aren't these speeders in jail for life? There's no excuse for them to be out on the streets TO BE tazed in the first place.

And why don't you support the noble efforts of our men in blue, who are only trying to protect us from the scummy elements of our society, like speeders, and skateboarders? Is it because you hate America and secretly want to destroy it?

FUCK THE POLICE
02-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Cops don't use tazers enough. If a cop has reason enough to pull you aside, they have reason enough to taze your ass. Get over it. You should only be worried IF YOUR A CRIMINAL AND HATE CHILDREN. Are you a criminal? Do you hate children? Then support tazers. It's the American way.

WRL
02-14-2008, 12:46 AM
I really lose my cool when I see that video, reading my own words, wow...

FUCK THE POLICE
02-14-2008, 12:55 AM
We should give teachers tazers.

STUDENT: "Dude, I totally disagree with you giving me a 60 on this test."

TEACHER: "Don't call me Dude" *TAZEE*

STUDENT: "ZOMG mmman?! Why did you taze me?! Don't taze me bro?!"

TEACHER :"Don't call me "bro"" *TaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeeeeE*

STUDENT: "DON'T TAZE ME BRO!"

TEACHER: *TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE EEE*

And then the little brat passes out. Taken to the emergency room.. blah blah blah...

The point is,

Grades will shoot right up once teachers can truly enforce the law of the classroom. That's the real problem with our education system, we're not tough enough. I don't know how you can possibly disagree with this common sense measure.

WRL
02-14-2008, 01:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAGb7_g4Aso

makes you want to vomit...

Minister of Truth
02-14-2008, 02:47 AM
What would Policewomen ever do without tazers?

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 03:17 AM
"Protect and Serve" is a sentence fragment. It could be phrased as a question - the purpose of the police is to protect and serve whom?

(ZOG?)

Jeez that's easy - the state (as in the polity) of course.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 03:18 AM
What would Policewomen ever do without tazers?

Use a PR24. I know one that broke a bloke's femur with one. That was it, PR24 withdrawn. A really stupid policy decision. They replaced the PR24 with the frigging ASP.

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:10 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ibSwITK4jjQ&feature=related

Something needs to be done about this, it's rampant, I've seen behavior like this... Hell I had a cop threaten to pepper spray my pregnant Fiance' just for asking a question.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 05:25 AM
If it was, "where's such-and-such a place", then there's no excuse for it. The old, "Got a buck? Buy a fucking street map," is good enough, no need for violence or threats of violence, rudeness and sarcasm are sufficient.

charver
02-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Hell I had a cop threaten to pepper spray my pregnant Fiance' just for asking a question.

Man, that must have been one hard question.

I bet it was on opera or that classical music shit.

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:29 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FkfkQcb45Lo&feature=related

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Man, that must have been one hard question.

I bet it was on opera or that classical music shit.

It's not funny and true. These people walk around with near impunity anymore.

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:32 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWaCD6jIH5Q&feature=related

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 05:33 AM
It's not funny and true. These people walk around with near impunity anymore.

No they replaced the near impunity, gave us that fucking stupid ASP instead.

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:39 AM
http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=452435cf06&attid=0.1.0.1.0.12&disp=emb&view=att&th=11837d0c2f35b5fc

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFUpa0OwlyU&NR=1

WRL
02-21-2008, 05:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYPNsuUn_o&feature=related

A 125lb woman handcuffed, and 7 officers are required forcefully strip search her??? Oh yeah it 'technically' wasn't a strip search, if you can really believe that, they ripped her cloths off. Two males where present...

Socrtease
02-21-2008, 06:16 AM
I have written this before and I believe it is true. Our politicians have replaced the idea of "enforcing the law" with the idea of "war on X". We have a war on drugs, and a war on crime. Law Enforcement Officers now see themselves as soldiers and not LEO's. If you are in a war, then you must have an ENEMY! And since this enemy is not always readily identifiable, we ALL are possible enemy combatants. Makes cops hyper vigilant to the point that ANY questioning of their authority becomes in their minds an act of aggression that if left unchecked will evolve into a full blown act of violence so they use pre-emptive force to deflate the situation immediately. For the last 10 years I have been telling people that I have seem more and more cops out of control, more improper uses of force than I believe people saw in the past. I thinks cops in the 70's and 80's were taught to use their heads more and talk situations down. The 50's and 60's gave us images of policemen, usually in one part of the country, using dogs, nightsticks and water cannons to put down the civil rights movement. Those images gave law enforcement around the country a black eye and so cities starting urging PD's to teach their officers how to de-escalate a situation without resorting to violence first. My younger brother was a LEO for 11 years and only drew his weapon twice. Cops used to have a sense of pride about NOT having to draw their weapons. Now you see them drawn on routine stops. When police have a warlike mentality, they behave like warriors and not like cops.

TRGLDTE
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Jeez that's easy - the state (as in the polity) of course. Sure it was easy; it was rhetorical.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Sure it was easy; it was rhetorical.

Gets me every time.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYPNsuUn_o&feature=related

A 125lb woman handcuffed, and 7 officers are required forcefully strip search her??? Oh yeah it 'technically' wasn't a strip search, if you can really believe that, they ripped her cloths off. Two males where present...

That one's okay. You can tell it's reasonable because the male cops aren't sniggering and joking about her tits. All the officers are also very quiet and under control. Sure it looks unpleasant but when someone has threatened to harm themselves and they have to have all objects, including clothing, removed from them, they object. They have to be restrained and that was done. I can't see anything wrong in this one.

evince
02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
There was not need for the males to be there.

The females could have done it.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I have written this before and I believe it is true. Our politicians have replaced the idea of "enforcing the law" with the idea of "war on X". We have a war on drugs, and a war on crime. Law Enforcement Officers now see themselves as soldiers and not LEO's. If you are in a war, then you must have an ENEMY! And since this enemy is not always readily identifiable, we ALL are possible enemy combatants. Makes cops hyper vigilant to the point that ANY questioning of their authority becomes in their minds an act of aggression that if left unchecked will evolve into a full blown act of violence so they use pre-emptive force to deflate the situation immediately. For the last 10 years I have been telling people that I have seem more and more cops out of control, more improper uses of force than I believe people saw in the past. I thinks cops in the 70's and 80's were taught to use their heads more and talk situations down. The 50's and 60's gave us images of policemen, usually in one part of the country, using dogs, nightsticks and water cannons to put down the civil rights movement. Those images gave law enforcement around the country a black eye and so cities starting urging PD's to teach their officers how to de-escalate a situation without resorting to violence first. My younger brother was a LEO for 11 years and only drew his weapon twice. Cops used to have a sense of pride about NOT having to draw their weapons. Now you see them drawn on routine stops. When police have a warlike mentality, they behave like warriors and not like cops.

Sorry to have to quote your whole post just to say - I agree. Now I feel I have to enlarge on that response. I haven't had much to do directly with any cops in the US since 1996, which was of course pre-9/11.

9/11. I remember that for many months after the events of that day that cops (among other emergency workers) were reporting how public respect for them had increased (this is from various sources). I remember thinking at the time that in time it would go back to pre-9/11 and it would be the usual mouthing of contempt for cops. I was wrong. Instead it appears that cops have gone military and have turned, for whatever reason, on the citizenry. That's why I have to express agreement with your post, it's right on the money.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
There was not need for the males to be there.

The females could have done it.

The need was for physical strength to restrain her. If there were only two or three female officers available then it stands to reason that a number of male officers (because all female officers were attending) had to be there. The paradox is that if the female officers had beaten the shit out of her then the blokes wouldn't have to be involved because she would have been subdued by brute force applied by the female officers.

evince
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
There are many great cops out there who would nver cross the line to abuse. Some departments are just being run badly I think.

Diuretic
02-21-2008, 06:59 PM
There are many great cops out there who would nver cross the line to abuse. Some departments are just being run badly I think.

The problem with abuse is that it's sometimes so incremental that you don't see the change. I have to generalise to make the point and yes, you're quite right, most cops are very reasonable people. However I do think that in the US in policing circles, since the months after 9/11 there has been an increase in militarism and a more authoritarian approach to policing. As has been mentioned, the war metaphor has been cranked up. From material I've read it seems that civilian police in the US have been encouraged to see themselves as the frontline in the domestic version of the War on Terror. With that mindset continually being reinforced then it's small wonder that authoritarianism is on the rise.