PDA

View Full Version : Which Matters Most?

Beefy
02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Pick

charver
02-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Is it just me but, speaking as a man who has only ever come into contact with my own, i don't think i'm qualified to discuss, or even vote on, the merits of relative dimention.

Beefy
02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Its a question that millions have wanted the answer to for a long time. It is only just that we get it.

charver
02-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Its a question that millions have wanted the answer to for a long time. It is only just that we get it.

Like the Larry David avatar BTW.

If only we had some more women here...i mean i'm a complete pussy but that's just not the same thing is it?

Beefy
02-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Like the Larry David avatar BTW.

If only we had some more women here...i mean i'm a complete pussy but that's just not the same thing is it?

Not exactly the same, no. But I'm thinking about getting a reduction and I needed some advice.

evince
02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
It aint the meat its the motion that makes your Momma wanna rock.

charver
02-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Not exactly the same, no. But I'm thinking about getting a reduction and I needed some advice.

OK, speaking as a pussy, i'd trim some Asshat.

Beefy
02-09-2008, 08:57 PM
It aint the meat its the motion that makes your Momma wanna rock.

I suffer from peyronie's deisease. Crooked pecker. And it's causing me back problems. It also hurts when I jog.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I suffer from Huntington's disease. That PWNS your pussy back problems.

Hermes Thoth
02-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I am honored to have this poll in my honor.

NOVA
02-10-2008, 08:20 PM
He should have made TASTE an option so all the liberals and Democrats could vote on something they have personal experience with .....:clink:

gonzojournals
02-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I suffer from Huntington's disease. That PWNS your pussy back problems.

I hope you die. :)

FUCK THE POLICE
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
I hope you die. :)

No need in hoping b/c it's gonna happen.

Beefy
02-10-2008, 10:43 PM
No need in hoping b/c it's gonna happen.

In 3 years, I die. I've known it since I was little.

Cancel 2016.2
02-10-2008, 11:20 PM
In 3 years, I die. I've known it since I was little.

So you have 1094 days of partying left and one more to "repent"???

:)

Beefy
02-11-2008, 12:46 AM
So you have 1094 days of partying left and one more to "repent"???

:)

Its while I'm 35, i don't know the exact day. But I have roughly 3 years left.

gonzojournals
02-11-2008, 07:18 AM

Um, how do you know that?

Damocles
02-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Um, how do you know that?
Some chick with cards told him. She saw a fool, then death and well... You can see how she thought that!

;)

evince
02-11-2008, 08:58 AM

What a shame. You will miss out on some of the best years there are to be.
The 20s were fun but fraught with who the hell am I going to be. The thirties you feel a little more sure about who you are but then there is that whole " better get my ass in gear" thing. The fourties are taken care of business end of the "I better get my ass in gear" thing and solidifying who your are which makes it become clear what others are truely motivated by. Then there is this thing called the fifties which has come in for me as they Kick back , wind down, just plugging along and looking forward to the rewards of the "I better get my ass in gear" stage. I can look forward to the 60s as being the high time in my life. You know who you are and are completely settled with your past, prepaired to take care of yourself in whatever time you have left , capable of helping family if needed and ready to just drive to new Mexico to see the cliffs on a whim or sit in the garden and blow a blunt and sip tea.

I hope you are just joking about this 35 thing Beefy. I dont know it may just be an inside joke between you and Damo. I would hate to think you have some fatal family condition where the males in your family all drop dead from a broken heart at 35. Whatever it is rage against the dying of the light. You would be giving up alot of really good years to come.

I was just messing with you when I went on the rant about Cy and someone pissing in your pina colada. I would never piss in a perfectly good cocktail.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Sigh.......

I'm getting tired of stuff like this.

Posting polls where loofahs aren't an option is ridiculous. Everybody knows italicized loofahs are what matters most.

evince
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Or is it falafels?

LadyT
02-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Or is it falafels?

Falafels? You must support slavery. How do you compete with slaves Desh? How do you compete with slaves?

evince
02-11-2008, 10:18 AM
This is true there is nothing like a manslave.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 11:06 AM
This is true there is nothing like a manslave.

we prefer the term boytoys now....thank you very much.

evince
02-11-2008, 11:23 AM
SP you would make a lousy one they have to be loyal and not betray.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 11:53 AM

:ouch:

and it looks like Desh has picked up where Cypress left off.

Let the ownage of SF continue.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM

The betrayal did not start on my end. You simply could not see the whole conversation.

Side note: Never have I cheated on anyone I have dated. So please do not act as though you know me.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 11:57 AM
:ouch:

and it looks like Desh has picked up where Cypress left off.

Let the ownage of SF continue.

LMAO.... your fantasy world must be really nice for you to cling so desperately to it.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 12:02 PM
The betrayal did not start on my end. You simply could not see the whole conversation.

Side note: Never have I cheated on anyone I have dated. So please do not act as though you know me.

If you're referring to the PM's then yes. You're right. None of us know what was said because PMs are intended to be PRIVATE. If you're referring to what was posted on in a thread in the public forum, then yes, you did infact initiate the betrayal.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
If you're referring to the PM's then yes. You're right. None of us know what was said because PMs are intended to be PRIVATE. If you're referring to what was posted on in a thread in the public forum, then yes, you did infact initiate the betrayal.

well then, perhaps since you do not know the entire story, you should consider withholding judgement. I know you two are friends. Perhaps one day she will tell you exactly what she said. Then feel free to come on here and judge me.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 01:32 PM
well then, perhaps since you do not know the entire story, you should consider withholding judgement. I know you two are friends. Perhaps one day she will tell you exactly what she said. Then feel free to come on here and judge me.

Did she call you something in a PRIVATE message?

Damocles
02-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Let it be. Nothing good can come of talking about this.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 01:44 PM

Fair enough.

T... you will have to ask her. Per request I will not discuss it anymore.

Damocles
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks, SF.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Alright Damo. But only because I really like you.

Damocles
02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Y'all can continue in PM, of course....

:D

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM

:shock:

I doubt I will ever use that function again.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM

that's a great idea.....but some people don't understand the concept of "private"

Minister of Truth
02-11-2008, 05:03 PM
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/6862/1up7rt.gif

LadyT has clearly OWNED Superfreak here, even though this image is not a great representation of that...

Epicurus
02-11-2008, 05:18 PM

LadyT has clearly OWNED Superfreak here, even though this image is not a great representation of that...

Congrats on finding the greatest animation on teh Internets.

LadyT
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM

LOL. Yeah, that was good. I wonder if Damo can make that into an emoticon.

Damocles
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
LOL. Yeah, that was good. I wonder if Damo can make that into an emoticon.

Yeah, I could. It's a bit larger than most that I use, but I could.

Minister of Truth
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice! Just make the symbol :owned: or :1up:

Its easier than having to click favorites to copy the link...

Minister of Truth
02-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I guess :owned: might not work, for obvious reasons...

BRUTALITOPS
02-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Is it just me but, speaking as a man who has only ever come into contact with my own, i don't think i'm qualified to discuss, or even vote on, the merits of relative dimention.

it's a trapppp!!!!!

BRUTALITOPS
02-11-2008, 08:47 PM
I suffer from peyronie's deisease. Crooked pecker. And it's causing me back problems. It also hurts when I jog.

i think it's gotten to the point where I know waaaay too much about you beefy.

BRUTALITOPS
02-11-2008, 08:51 PM
"just drive to new Mexico to see the cliffs on a whim or sit in the garden and blow a blunt and sip tea."

I will saaay desh, that you may be a pretty cool older lady, even though you are a moonbat.

Beefy
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
"just drive to new Mexico to see the cliffs on a whim or sit in the garden and blow a blunt and sip tea."

I will saaay desh, that you may be a pretty cool older lady, even though you are a moonbat.

Shrubbie is a cool old broad. Partisan as hell, but I liked her way back when in 2003 when only other democrats did. She's good people.

Cancel 2016.2
02-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Shrubbie is a cool old broad. Partisan as hell, but I liked her way back when in 2003 when only other democrats did. She's good people.

Definitely partisan as hell. Not very astute at economics. But the way she takes care of her dogs makes up for her liberal tendencies Well most of them anyway. :)

BRUTALITOPS
02-11-2008, 11:21 PM
lets continue to talk about her as if she's not around :)

*shhh*

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
SF sent me a Pm telling me that his cousin, a former bomber pilot, was reading my posts and they were sitting there laughing at how stupid I am, and that they agreed it was people like me who destroyed the troops.

So I pm’d him back and told him that if his cousin used to drop bombs on people he’s a murderer so it’s no surprise he’d be defensive about it.

I did actually tell Tiana what I said, SF believes I’m afraid to.

But it’s not about that. It’s about him dropping what he said about another poster on here that caused the problems, which he fully knows, and that’s why he dropped what he did. He’s a sneaky fuck, who wanted to make sure someone knew I didn’t like them and had told him about it. He did it to get back at me for challenging him on the war. SF has a serious anger management problem, which I doubt comes as news to anyone who has read his posts for a year or so.

But that’s still not why I left.

I left because of me. Why else would anyone leave a message board? SF is a rabid war supporter, and I see them coming out of the woodwork now that the election nears. All rabid war supporters have anger management problems. They are vicious, and I have sunk into that pit before. I have opinions on the war, and on any further wars, that are far too passionate for interaction with those kind of people. Life is too short, and I have too many good things in mine, to allow that kind of hate into it. I prefer not to. Anyone who is going to vote for John McCain- for instance Damo- is a war supporter, and supports murdering children in other countries. Trust me when I tell you there is no cause just enough, or important enough that they would give their toddler to. Nor should there be. I don’t have anything good to say to them, and I’d rather say nothing. I take what I have to say to those people, into my activism, where it is best kept.

But some of the people here are absolutely great, and I pop in and read their posts from time to time, and I hope you’re all doing well. Life is good, enjoy it!

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 11:21 AM
SF has a serious anger management problem, which I doubt comes as news to anyone who has read his posts for a year or so.
I've noticed him get angry, but not a serious anger management problem.

But that’s still not why I left.
Enlighten us.

I left because of me. Why else would anyone leave a message board?
I dunno, you tell me.

SF is a rabid war supporter, and I see them coming out of the woodwork now that the election nears. All rabid war supporters have anger management problems.
That is not at all an unfair generalisation.

They are vicious, and I have sunk into that pit before.
Again, going for the ol' ethos and pathos route rather than good ol' fashioned logos.

I have opinions on the war, and on any further wars, that are far too passionate for interaction with those kind of people.
Read: My beliefs are not strong enough to withstand any serious criticism, and I need to be surrounded by like-minded individuals in order to continue being as absurd as I am.

Life is too short, and I have too many good things in mine, to allow that kind of hate into it.
It isn't hate to realise the gravity of a situation and that there are no quick, happy bunny fixes in life.

Anyone who is going to vote for John McCain- for instance Damo- is a war supporter, and supports murdering children in other countries.
I dare you to link to one report of any children being intentionally murdered.

I don’t have anything good to say to them, and I’d rather say nothing. I take what I have to say to those people, into my activism, where it is best kept.
Because in your activism you can just keep playing the bleeding-heart woman card without ever having to face reality.

But some of the people here are absolutely great, and I pop in and read their posts from time to time, and I hope you’re all doing well. Life is good, enjoy it!

Don't bother, the board looks much nicer without your name.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM
What a crock Darla. What I said was that he was laughing at your comment that you had "seen" what was going on there.

You then called him a murderer. Yeah, you attack my family, I am going to get pissed. You want to spit on someone, bring it to me, not him. Not the troops. Calling them murderers for doing their job is bullshit.

The comment about Cypress was wrong. It wasn't what I intended, but you are correct in how it played out and I was wrong for that and for that I apologize.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
What a crock Darla. What I said was that he was laughing at your comment that you had "seen" what was going on there.

You then called him a murderer. Yeah, you attack my family, I am going to get pissed. You want to spit on someone, bring it to me, not him. Not the troops. Calling them murderers for doing their job is bullshit.

The comment about Cypress was wrong. It wasn't what I intended, but you are correct in how it played out and I was wrong for that and for that I apologize.

Just ignore her, Superfreak. She is just another codepink cunt that can't get off without turning every situation into hyperbole.

evince
02-12-2008, 11:28 AM
wow

LadyT
Hey Darla!
Just put SF on IA and come on back! We miss you!

gonzojournals
Super I am begining to see Darlas point about you.

That's only because you have your head up Darla's ass (probably by association with bleeding-heart politics).

EDIT: Only a leftist would think that Superfreak was wrong for getting upset for someone calling a member of his family a murderer.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM

seems to me that your family attacked her first.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I didn't realise laughter was a personal attack, but it is fun to watch you try to spin this.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Just ignore her, Superfreak. She is just another codepink cunt that can't get off without turning every situation into hyperbole.

dude... the "c" word??? not necessary.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
dude... the "c" word??? not necessary.

It is a word, get over it.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
seems to me that your family attacked her first.

No, he did not. He made fun of her assertation that she had "seen" what was going on over there. To equate that to calling him a murderer is pathetic.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
No, he did not. He made fun of her assertation that she had "seen" what was going on over there. To equate that to calling him a murderer is pathetic.

Would you feel less offended had she called him a law abiding killer instead?

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Would you feel less offended had she called him a law abiding killer instead?

No. Given that a friend of mine was recently murdered, I really don't think it would be any less offensive to equate my cousin or anyone in the military to the asshole that killed my friend.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
He isn't a killer--- fighting for your country is not the same thing as murder or random killing.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
No. Given that a friend of mine was recently murdered, I really don't think it would be any less offensive to equate my cousin or anyone in the military to the #@$hole that killed my friend.

There are many surviving friends and family members of innocent Iraqi's who've been killed by "coalition" forces air raids. Do you at least acknowledge that there's anyone in Iraq mourning the loss of an innocent loved one due to our surgical air raids?

Cypress
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
No. Given that a friend of mine was recently murdered, I really don't think it would be any less offensive to equate my cousin or anyone in the military to the asshole that killed my friend.

knock it off. I doubt anybody wants to continue hearing you blab about other people's private messages. Messages that you brought to the attention of the board, and hinted at their content.

It's very bad taste and etiquette.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 11:56 AM
There are many surviving friends and family members of innocent Iraqi's who've been killed by "coalition" forces air raids. Do you at least acknowledge that there's anyone in Iraq mourning the loss of an innocent loved one due to our surgical air raids?

Of course there are those that are mourning the loss of their loved ones.

Do you understand the lengths the military goes to..... to avoid hitting civilians?

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
The military plays a very important part in our social contract. Blaming them for doing their jobs is weak. It is what almost all of your politicians attempt to avoid doing even when speaking of the policy that got them there.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
knock it off. I doubt anybody wants to continue hearing you blab about other people's private messages. Messages that you brought to the attention of the board, and hinted at their content.

Yeah. Like if I mentioned the bad case of Herpes SF got a couple of weekends ago. That would be in bad taste.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Of course there are those that are mourning the loss of their loved ones.

Do you understand the lengths the military goes to..... to avoid hitting civilians?

Do you understand that those lengths aren't always enough and that Iraq has substantial civilian casualties? Casualties being defined as people killed......lawfully permissable killings of course.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM

Somehow I knew you would be spouting off....

Take a look at this thread you moron. Who brought this up again? When Damo suggested we stop.... we both agreed... yet who brought it up again after that? Then Darla came on to explain her position. Which I am fine with.

My responses have been directed at darla for her post and at Tiana for hers that were directed to me. So if you don't like it, just run along and play somewhere else. As long as the comments are directed at me, I will respond.

So, do you have anything else you want to say Cypress? Good... back to IA for you.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Tell us what you think of the people who are in the military and do as their part of the social contract requires in this situation. Please.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:09 PM
The military plays a very important part in our social contract. Blaming them for doing their jobs is weak. It is what almost all of your politicians attempt to avoid doing even when speaking of the policy that got them there.

I'm not 'blaming' anyone for anything. I'm simply stating that like the word or not, their job can and does involve killing people. If it doesn't I stand corrected but last I checked when you drop bombs on civilians and as a result of htat bomb they are no longer living, it counts as a kill.

I could be wrong though.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Do you understand that those lengths aren't always enough and that Iraq has substantial civilian casualties? Casualties being defined as people killed......lawfully permissable killings of course.

Yes, I do understand that despite our best efforts innocent people will die. If that is enough for you to call our troops murderers, then have at it. I suggest you start by going to the nearest military base and letting them know just how you feel. Go ahead and spit on them to while you are there. I am sure they will appreciate your support.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Tell us what you think of the people who are in the military and do as their part of the social contract requires in this situation. Please.

Again. I'm just simply stating a fact. if my fact is wrong please feel free to debate.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM
You know SF, it's funny how you said I wasn't brave enough to repeat what I said, but I owned waht I said, I always do.

You on the other hand just lied on this thread.

You did not only say he was laughing at me.

You said, you agreed that it's "people like you who destroy our troops" Liar.

Poor SF, a girl is more man than you'll ever be. You'll never see the day I run from anything I say.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah. Like if I mentioned the bad case of Herpes SF got a couple of weekends ago. That would be in bad taste.

LMAO.... but you promised not to tell!!!! :crybaby:

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Yes, I do understand that despite our best efforts innocent people will die. If that is enough for you to call our troops murderers, then have at it. I suggest you start by going to the nearest military base and letting them know just how you feel. Go ahead and spit on them to while you are there. I am sure they will appreciate your support.

I believe technically murder is defined by an unlawful killing. Since they are contracted by the government one could argue that they are not technical murderers.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
You know SF, it's funny how you said I wasn't brave enough to repeat what I said, but I owned waht I said, I always do.

Poor SF, a girl is more man than you'll ever be. You'll never see the day I run from anything I say.

No Darla... this is the exact message....

"My cousin is laughing his ass off at you right now. (at your "I've seen it comments") He is a pilot, just got back from Iraq. Laughing at the gullibility of people like you who buy the whole "they are just dropping bombs without regard" bullshit. Oh, and he says you can fuck off or go over there and see for yourself what is happening.

So yes, I will take the word of someone that was there over your documentary based beliefs. The amount of bullshit our soldiers have to put up with because of people like you is sad."

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
I believe technically murder is defined by an unlawful killing. Since they are contracted by the government one could argue that they are not technical murderers.

Nope, nope.

Actually, murder is killing with malice and intent. If it merely applied to killing that the government disagreed with, the term wouldn't mean that much.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:17 PM

Which I personally know to be untrue. Darla has probably done more for the troops than any sorry a$$ chickenhawk war apologist on this board could ever dream of doing.

FUCK THE POLICE
The homicides that our soldiers commit are usually justified because they are in "self-defense". However, since this is not a war of self defense, that logic is brought into question. In any case, the final responsibility rests with the government that ordered the killings, not the soldiers who were forced into it.

Cancel 2016.2

Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion.

Cypress
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Which I personally know to be untrue. Darla has probably done more for the troops than any sorry a$$ chickenhawk war apologist on this board could ever dream of doing.

yep

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:19 PM
The homicides that our soldiers commit are usually justified because they are in "self-defense". However, since this is not a war of self defense, that logic is brought into question. In any case, the final responsibility rests with the government that ordered the killings, not the soldiers who were forced into it.

I can agree with that.

Cypress
Somehow I knew you would be spouting off....

Take a look at this thread you moron. Who brought this up again? When Damo suggested we stop.... we both agreed... yet who brought it up again after that? Then Darla came on to explain her position. Which I am fine with.

My responses have been directed at darla for her post and at Tiana for hers that were directed to me. So if you don't like it, just run along and play somewhere else. As long as the comments are directed at me, I will respond.

So, do you have anything else you want to say Cypress? Good... back to IA for you.

LOL

Tell me SF, if you are so intent on ignoring me, why are you snooping around in PMs and email, asking about private matters that don't concern you?

Cancel 2016.2

LMAO... read what I wrote. I did not say she or people like her "destroy the troops." I said it is sad the amount of bullshit they have to take from people like her that call them murderers.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion.

Not these ones. What they're doing over in Iraq, that's hurting my freedom, not defending it. The responsbility for wasting those mens lives lies with Bush, however.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Again. I'm just simply stating a fact. if my fact is wrong please feel free to debate.
This didn't answer the question. Please tell us what you think of those people who would honor their part of the social contract in this situation.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
LOL

Tell me SF, if you are so intent on ignoring me, why are you snooping around in PMs and email, asking about private matters that don't concern you?

I never once asked for the information I received.

evince
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I dont agree with calling any soldier a murderer if they are acting within the laws of combat.

I still dont see how that allows for someone to bring personal confidences into a public forum.

Super may not have intended to do that part and has expressed remorse for doing so.

I Just wish people would stop aiming to harm people personally and do what this forum was designed to do and discuss the issues and forget the childish attempts to make someone go away.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
LOL

being in a constant state of ownage will do that.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Anyway, it was nice to see Darla here, even if she did accuse me of murder by proxy.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
being in a constant state of ownage will do that.

LMAO... you are persistent.... I'll give you that.

Cypress
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I never once asked for the information I received.

But, you decided to post it, right?

Everything I'm told on PM or email, never sees the light of day here. That's just the way I am. Including stuff about you.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Not these ones. What they're doing over in Iraq, that's hurting my freedom, not defending it. The responsbility for wasting those mens lives lies with Bush, however.

Well, be sure to let them know that. I am sure there is a military base close by. Stop on by and let them know how you feel. Their likely response is that you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to voice it.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
This didn't answer the question. Please tell us what you think of those people who would honor their part of the social contract in this situation.

Again, my point was not rooted in my opinions about soldiers that kill innocent civilians, it was the fact that some do kill and they do kill innocent civilians. Its a fact. End of story.

For some reason its a fact that a lot of people want to over look by deflecting the conversation toward personal reflections and say things like, "Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion. " all the while glossing over and not acknowledging that yes, they do kill and at times they kill innocent people. Calling them murderers in the framework of the US legal system is probably incorrect if there was no malintent - but then again, I'm no lawyer.

LadyT
Anyway, it was nice to see Darla here, even if she did accuse me of murder by proxy.

You dropped bombs on people?

FUCK THE POLICE
Well, be sure to let them know that. I am sure there is a military base close by. Stop on by and let them know how you feel. Their likely response is that you are entitled to your opinion and have the right to voice it.

Of course I have the right to voice my opinion. That's common sense and it's idiotic to reiterate that like a zombie everytime someone brings up a point.

My dad is in the military. The current war, however, is not a war to protect America. I feel bad for the soldiers that are dying in Bush's war, but they aren't protecting my freedom there. Their presence in America deters foreign attackers, and in that way protects my freedom. Their presence in Iraq does not.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
But, you decided to post it, right?

Everything I'm told on PM or email, never sees the light of day here. That's just the way I am. Including stuff about you.

As I stated, bringing you into it was a mistake on my part. It was not intended the way it came out, but the fact that it ended up that way is still my fault. Note.... I did not mention WHAT we had talked about. So only those that knew, would know anything. Again, it was still wrong on my part.

Now I will take a moment and IA you, because I am tired of your idiocy once again.

Do try to behave.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Again, my point was not rooted in my opinions about soldiers that kill innocent civilians, it was the fact that some do kill and they do kill innocent civilians. Its a fact. End of story.

For some reason its a fact that a lot of people want to over look by deflecting the conversation toward personal reflections and say things like, "Because of them and those that came before them, you have the right to think of them any way you wish and to voice that opinion. " all the while glossing over and not acknowledging that yes, they do kill and at times they kill innocent people. Calling them murderers in the framework of the US legal system is probably incorrect if there was no malintent - but then again, I'm no lawyer.

apparently your reading comprehension skills need some work. I stated quite clearly .....

"Yes, I do understand that despite our best efforts innocent people will die. If that is enough for you to call our troops murderers, then have at it. I suggest you start by going to the nearest military base and letting them know just how you feel. Go ahead and spit on them to while you are there. I am sure they will appreciate your support. "

perhaps if I highlight it, you will be able to focus more closely on the words this time.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Actually Desh, just following orders and just doing your job, hasn’t been a legal justification since WWII. I would normally use the word killer, rather than murderer…at the moment I was quite angered at the attack I received via PM – I don’t use PM for that and don’t appreciate it being used against me in that manner. It’s a violation.

That said…the glorification of the warrior cannot help but to glorify war. It has to stop. And I know plenty of vets who will not accept thanks for “their sacrifice”, and become quite agitated when someone says that to them. So, “the military” and “our soldiers” do not speak in a monolithic voice.

Many are so damaged by what they have done they wish someone would speak the truth. You see, you and I and everyone here, can call it what we want to, but when a human being takes the life of another human being, if there is anything inside of them, they are never the same. Take a look at the suicide rate for soldiers. We do them no favors by not calling war, and the warrior, what they are. It allows people like Damo to claim they are voting for John McCain but do not support the continued murder of children in other countries.

Anyway, talk to you some other time, gotta run!

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
You dropped bombs on people?
No, she assumes I will vote for McCain and says "People who would vote for McCain, like Damo, are murderers."

She even named me in the accusation.

It doesn't change that I thought it was nice to see her.

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Of course I have the right to voice my opinion. That's common sense and it's idiotic to reiterate that like a zombie everytime someone brings up a point.

My dad is in the military. The current war, however, is not a war to protect America. I feel bad for the soldiers that are dying in Bush's war, but they aren't protecting my freedom there. Their presence in America deters foreign attackers, and in that way protects my freedom. Their presence in Iraq does not.

Water... the thing is this... many disagree with the war. Many do not want the troops in Iraq. But that does not change the fact that your dad and the other men and women in the military are willing to put their life on the line for the rest of us every day. Their location or the public opinion of where they are does not change that fact.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Darla, anybody that will not work towards getting rid of the War Powers Act will not receive my vote, and anybody who supports the Act is, IMHO, supporting future wars like this one.

evince
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Actually Desh, just following orders and just doing your job, hasn’t been a legal justification since WWII. I would normally use the word killer, rather than murderer…at the moment I was quite angered at the attack I received via PM – I don’t use PM for that and don’t appreciate it being used against me in that manner. It’s a violation.

That said…the glorification of the warrior cannot help but to glorify war. It has to stop. And I know plenty of vets who will not accept thanks for “their sacrifice”, and become quite agitated when someone says that to them. So, “the military” and “our soldiers” do not speak in a monolithic voice.

Many are so damaged by what they have done they wish someone would speak the truth. You see, you and I and everyone here, can call it what we want to, but when a human being takes the life of another human being, if there is anything inside of them, they are never the same. Take a look at the suicide rate for soldiers. We do them no favors by not calling war, and the warrior, what they are. It allows people like Damo to claim they are voting for John McCain but do not support the continued murder of children in other countries.

Anyway, talk to you some other time, gotta run!

I understand completely your motivations but I still think it is unconstructive to do.

Its a very fine line. Look at the Watada case.

The ones to blame are not the soldiers (most of whom are teenagers) but the people who took us into this war.

We fill their heads with heroism and then send them to do the impossible to have them come home (if they are lucky) to a lifetime of self questioning.

I pain for these people as much as I do the innocents killed.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Water... the thing is this... many disagree with the war. Many do not want the troops in Iraq. But that does not change the fact that your dad and the other men and women in the military are willing to put their life on the line for the rest of us every day. Their location or the public opinion of where they are does not change that fact.

Oh, he's not in the war. He's 40 and he works in Air Force Communications. I appreciate what the troops do and I have no lack of respect for them.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM

What? We didn't kill the millions of members of the German armies. Neither, for instance, did we put the people who participated in Milgram experiment in prison for attempted murder. The responsibility for the war doesn't lie with the soldier. Hopefully one day there won't be war.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Desh, a few months ago a poster here told of his “stud” friend who was a successful business person, who quit their job to go bomb people in Iraq. And this was only a couple of months ago – no post 9/11 fervor. They quit their job, to go bomb people in Iraq a country we know had nothing to do with 9/11, and had no wmds.

And this poster thought his friend was a big heroic stud. Well, his friend, (who is a bomber pilot, as I understood the story), is going to drop bombs onto civilians.

How are we ever going to stop wars, if we will not call this spade a spade? Somebody, please tell me.

His friend is not a hero. His friend quit a job, to go drop bombs on civilians in Iraq. Unless we force this country to face up to that…this will never end, and that’s what politicians want, and that’s what oil men want, and that’s what the military industrial complex wants.

For us to never face that hard, and difficult truth.

I do not know Watada but do know his story. I do know Camilo Mejia and if you google him you’ll see he has a similar story. He is a beautiful man. Haunted, literally, by what he did and saw done. He will never be the same. He suffers from PTSD, and you only need look at him speaking to know it.

He has faced the fact that he is no hero, and if we honor the truly brave like him, by stopping this hero nonsense for them all…his time in jail and his bravery might actually do some good. That is my opinion.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
What? We didn't kill the millions of members of the German armies. Neither, for instance, did we put the people who participated in Milgram experiment in prison for attempted murder. The responsibility for the war doesn't lie with the soldier. Hopefully one day there won't be war.

Yes, it does partially. just as it partially rests with me, and any other tax payer in this country.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Yes, it does partially. just as it partially rests with me, and any other tax payer in this country.

I hate responsibility.

LadyT
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
No, she assumes I will vote for McCain and says "People who would vote for McCain, like Damo, are murderers."

She even named me in the accusation.

It doesn't change that I thought it was nice to see her.

In her defense you did vote for Bush too.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
In her defense you did vote for Bush too.
True, but only because I am apparently bloodthirsty. Later I voted Badnarick. What does that say about me?

Cancel 2016.2
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
True, but only because I am apparently bloodthirsty. Later I voted Badnarick. What does that say about me?

That you should be glad you didn't vote for Kerry.... cause he was going to do what Bush did.... just with 10k more troops.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Damo, stop being disingenuous.

Damo, on a McCain/Powell ticket:

“I would so fully support that ticket…” (see McCain/Powell thread)
You do play the innocent all aflutter “who me?” very convincingly though Damo. And I’m sure you have some excuse for how that ringing and powerful endorsement “I would SO FULLY support that ticket” actually means you’re not voting for John McCain, and want to thank you in advance for the entertainment.
Put on your tap dance shoes and start the music.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Yeah, my buddies in the Army are always so grateful that Code Pink is out there spitting on them and calling them murderers.

Cypress
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Darla, anybody that will not work towards getting rid of the War Powers Act will not receive my vote, and anybody who supports the Act is, IMHO, supporting future wars like this one.

Debating the war powers act, isn't going to stop the iraq war. It may be a theoretical exercise in stopping future war, many decades from now. But, it's not fundamentally relevant to stopping this war.

And Damo, you've been all over fullpolitics and this board supporting an escalation of troop levels and the war in iraq, including the surge. So, honestly and with all due respect, I really don't think you are anti-iraq war.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Stopping the Iraq war through the Vietnam-method, however, is going to be more damaging in the long run.

EDIT: Cypress, there is a difference between being pro-war and wanting the war we are already in to end in the best way possible.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Damo, stop being disingenuous.

Damo, on a McCain/Powell ticket:

“I would so fully support that ticket…” (see McCain/Powell thread)
You do play the innocent all aflutter “who me?” very convincingly though Damo. And I’m sure you have some excuse for how that ringing and powerful endorsement “I would SO FULLY support that ticket” actually means you’re not voting for John McCain, and want to thank you in advance for the entertainment.
Put on your tap dance shoes and start the music.
Powell would work towards an end to the War Powers Act. I like that. Why would you support somebody who would continue to use the flawed legislation that has continuously and repeatedly put us in untenable situations while giving weak politicians excuses for their votes?

You are being disingenuous and pretentious. You fake a moral authority that you do not have and support those who voted us into this while preaching false accusations of murder.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah, my buddies in the Army are always so grateful that Code Pink is out there spitting on them and calling them murderers.

Please, people say that all the time, but it just about never happens, if it has happened at all since the war began.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Please, people say that all the time, but it just about never happens, if it has happened at all since the war began.
Re-read this thread and tell me if nobody called them murderers. Shoot, I'm one and all I supposedly will do is vote for McCain.

Cancel7
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/020408C.shtml

The pea brains around here, are really unable to ever see anything as more than black or white. Take a look at this, and see if you can wrap your tiny little brains around it. See especially the part about not “supporting the troops”.

And know that it is written by a man who has not only been “the troops” but done more for “the troops” than any of you blabbermouths will ever dream of doing, including putting his life on the line, by walking into armed situations where fucked up vets were trying to commit suicide by cop, and talking them out of the situation with no loss of life.

I’m done talking about it. And honestly? I don’t miss this.

gonzojournals
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM

The pea brains around here, are really unable to ever see anything as more than black or white. Take a look at this, and see if you can wrap your tiny little brains around it. See especially the part about not “supporting the troops”.

And know that it is written by a man who has not only been “the troops” but done more for “the troops” than any of you blabbermouths will ever dream of doing, including putting his life on the line, by walking into armed situations where fucked up vets were trying to commit suicide by cop, and talking them out of the situation with no loss of life.

Good, I'm glad you don't miss it. My suggestion is to go kill yourself rather than have to deal with those "horrible" soldiers.

We aren't not bombing indiscriminately (although we should be), so it is stupid to call that person a murderer--- but apparently it is only valid for you to fight in Iraq if you were in the military prior to 9/11.

Damocles
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM

Glad to see you too, Darla.

midcan5
02-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Bumper sticker on car seen in Canada with young girl driving: It aint the wide it aint the length it how long you can keep it stiff.

evince
02-14-2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.geocities.com/merrystar3/allysongs/ItAintTheMeat.htm

written by L. Mann and H. Glover
originally recorded by The Swallows (1951)
also recorded by Freddie King, Southside Johnny, and Maria Muldaur among others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It ain't the meat it's the motion
That makes your daddy wanna rock
It's the movement it isn't the stock

Well, I got a girl that's so darn thin
There ain't much of her but bones and skin
One thing about her I can understand
She wraps all around me like a rubber band, baby

Well, I want a girl who's built real fat
Kenny don't like to see 'em like that
But I like to see 'em big and tall
The bigger they come the harder they fall

Well, I want someone who feels like they got to have love
Love to look at the stars above
My little baby, I want you to know
She'll bring me home all of her dough

It ain't the meat, uhm uhm uhm
It ain't the meat, I say the action

Bring it down one time
It ain't the meat, I say the movement, girl
It ain't the meat, it's the action

Battleborne
02-14-2008, 11:34 AM
went from a poll about Beefy's crooked private parts and how it related to asshat...to bombing and killing in Iraq...:shock:

Beefy
02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
went from a poll about Beefy's crooked private parts and how it related to asshat...to bombing and killing in Iraq...:shock:

They must be related somehow. :cof1: