PDA

View Full Version : Senate Passes Interstate Abortion Bill

MasterChief
07-25-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/25/AR2006072501197_pf.html

Care4all
07-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Why would Republicans shoot down this measure of the Democrats mentioned in this article of yours MC?

Senators voted 51 to 48 to reject an amendment drafted by Democrats that would have steered federal money to programs that educate teenagers about sexual abstinence and contraception.

do you want abortions to stop or unwanted pregnancies to stop, thus stopping abortion's onslaught....?

care

Jarod
07-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Why would Republicans shoot down this measure of the Democrats mentioned in this article of yours MC?

Senators voted 51 to 48 to reject an amendment drafted by Democrats that would have steered federal money to programs that educate teenagers about sexual abstinence and contraception.

do you want abortions to stop or unwanted pregnancies to stop, thus stopping abortion's onslaught....?

care

Great question...?

Damocles
07-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Great question...?

It was probably that "and contraception" part. It couldn't be the whole it's the state's function to fund education part... They've made that abundantly clear.

Cypress
07-26-2006, 09:05 AM

care

How often does this "fleeing to another state" stuff happen anyway? My guess, is that is happens about as often as an american flag gets burned in this country.

In other words, another phony "moral" issues bill the republicans are wasting time on.

44 States ALREADY have parental notification laws. I doubt that kids are "crossing state lines" very often to "avoid" these laws.

Care4all
07-26-2006, 02:40 PM
How often does this "fleeing to another state" stuff happen anyway? My guess, is that is happens about as often as an american flag gets burned in this country.

In other words, another phony "moral" issues bill the republicans are wasting time on.

44 States ALREADY have parental notification laws. I doubt that kids are "crossing state lines" very often to "avoid" these laws.

good point Cypress.... though I thought it was three dozen states, 36 states...but still, not likely to cross state lines or have the means to do such...

Immanuel
07-26-2006, 02:49 PM

care

That's easy. Republicans in power want to keep this issue as a dividing issue. Can't have those common folks binding together and agreeing on principles. That might lead some Republicans to vote for a Democrat. Lord forbid!

Immie

tianabautre
07-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Who are are you and what the hell did you do to Immy? The immy I remember wouldn't dare for Kerry because he wasn't anti-choice.

Immanuel
07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
Who are are you and what the hell did you do to Immy? The immy I remember wouldn't dare for Kerry because he wasn't anti-choice.

It is me! Honest.

Wouldn't dare what? Vote for him? I still wouldn't. But you guys have helped me to see that the Republicans in power are not any different than the Democrats in power and that neither one of them really give a doggone about this issue. The only thing they really care about is which side they can weasel the most votes out of.

If we'd just send them packing we could easily come to a compromise on this issue and many more.

Immie

IHateGovernment
07-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Thats why I don't really consider a canidates abortion views when voting.

tianabautre
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
It is me! Honest.

Wouldn't dare what? Vote for him? I still wouldn't. But you guys have helped me to see that the Republicans in power are not any different than the Democrats in power and that neither one of them really give a doggone about this issue. The only thing they really care about is which side they can weasel the most votes out of.

If we'd just send them packing we could easily come to a compromise on this issue and many more.

Immie

Yeah but that was after the election. no fun.

Jarod
07-26-2006, 08:05 PM
It is me! Honest.

Immie

Finally I agree with you about something relating to Abortion.

Immanuel
07-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Finally I agree with you about something relating to Abortion.

Actually, it is probably more me coming to your side and finally agreeing with you.

If I could just figure out who you are or were from fp.com. I wanted to say Keepitsimple but he is so rarely around or maybe dungheap?

Immie

I'm Watermark
11-28-2017, 04:18 PM
Bump

PostmodernProphet
11-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Wednesday, July 26, 2006

....bump....

why?......

FUCK THE POLICE
11-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Abortions here, abortions there, abortions everywhere!

Русский агент
11-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Abortions here, abortions there, abortions everywhere!

Sadly, there was none for your mom after your ill-starred conception, pillow humper.

FUCK THE POLICE
11-28-2017, 04:44 PM
I wish your mom had aborted you.

Русский агент
11-28-2017, 04:46 PM
I wish your mom had aborted you.

I know you do. I think your mom wishes she had aborted you. You were the reason your father left, weren't you?

FUCK THE POLICE
11-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Abortion should be free.