PDA

View Full Version : If its Hillary Vs. McCain

Beefy
02-03-2008, 03:12 AM
If its a Clinton/McCain race, the we've already lost.

Hillary Clinton is going to advance a foreign policy that will involve us in more and more wars, but she's not coming right out and saying it.

McCain is coming right out and saying it, and he's Mr Popular with the press.

McCain = More war and death

Hillary = More war and death

God help us all.

uscitizen
02-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Hmm thought I posted on this...

Well anyway one more time.
I think Hillary will be likely to go with the popular opinion, at least she is far more likely than McCain to pull us out.

gonzojournals
02-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Either way, I win.

Onceler
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
This is a very depressing thread, and a Hillary/McCain race (which seems like a strong possibility, though I'm holding out hope), would be very depressing for the country. I'd have to tune out for the next 4 or 8 years.

blackascoal
02-03-2008, 02:35 PM
A Hillary vs McCain race means we'll be having Hillary for the next 4 years and the only way out of that trap will be to have her lose 4 years from now to another republican .. or we'll have to endure 8 years of more Clintons .. 28 years of Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton.

The only way to avoid that trap is to nominate Obama.

Epicurus
02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
McCain vs. Hillary = Me Staying Home or Voting Libertarian.

blackascoal
02-03-2008, 02:57 PM
McCain vs. Hillary = Me Staying Home or Voting Libertarian.

It'll be Green time for me.

Epicurus
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
It'll be Green time for me.

Haha figured. Honestly I see your Green Party vote as 1000000000x more commendable than any vote for a Republican or Democrat, even if I disagree with the Green Party platform.

You and I are doing something to change the dominating two-party system.

Everyone else is being a tool of the status quo.

blackascoal
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Haha figured. Honestly I see your Green Party vote as 1000000000x more commendable than any vote for a Republican or Democrat, even if I disagree with the Green Party platform.

You and I are doing something to change the dominating two-party system.

Everyone else is being a tool of the status quo.

I agree with you.

Most just complain about the two-party trap but aren't willing to do anything about it.

ib1yysguy
02-03-2008, 05:45 PM
A viable third party will never exist in America. It's basic politics that you lean in Poly Sci 101, friends. Duverger's Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

Damocles
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
A viable third party will never exist in America. It's basic politics that you lean in Poly Sci 101, friends. Duverger's Law.

That does not change that I shouldn't vote for what I don't support. There is no realistic way to suggest that, say, Huckabee would be better than HillBilly, or HillBilly would be good for the nation.

Seriously. People in politics remember things like who voted against them in a trial and they do not work cordially with them. If you want to continue this inane buildup of separation, vote for the HillBilly. I won't, under any circumstances.

I'll vote libertarian if we get McCain and HillBilly as our choices. Both of them would cause different types of problems with the Senate.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-03-2008, 06:02 PM

Duverger's law has been broken in several nations. The Liberal Democrats in England have existed well enough as a third party for the last thirty years without replacing another or being destroyed. Our electoral system is clearly flawed, and whether or not your party can keep on existing is dependent on how well you exploit those flaws.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
And, for another, France uses single member districts and has like a dozen parties.

ib1yysguy
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
That does not change that I shouldn't vote for what I don't support. There is no realistic way to suggest that, say, Huckabee would be better than HillBilly, or HillBilly would be good for the nation.

Seriously. People in politics remember things like who voted against them in a trial and they do not work cordially with them. If you want to continue this inane buildup of separation, vote for the HillBilly. I won't, under any circumstances.

I'll vote libertarian if we get McCain and HillBilly as our choices. Both of them would cause different types of problems with the Senate.

Honestly I see your Green Party vote as 1000000000x more commendable than any vote for a Republican or Democrat, even if I disagree with the Green Party platform.

So many dummies saying so many dumb things that conflict with each other. It's hard to stay ahead of you guys.

FUCK THE POLICE
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
So many dummies saying so many dumb things that conflict with each other. It's hard to stay ahead of you guys.

How did they contradict? This is the kind of bullshit argument I hear from the two-party dictators who represent about 25% of America but control everyone.

Damocles
02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
He was commending another because they were also not voting for what they didn't support. BAC supports the Green platform, while Epicurus doesn't he commends BAC for voting his conscience rather than going for the "least of two evils" even if he doesn't agree with the Green platform and will vote Libertarian (as he mentioned before). You are being Cypress-level disingenuous here.

It is amazing how stupid statements can be when they are unaccompanied by reading comprehension and are solely attempting to spin whatever they want out of what they see rather than actually reading and understanding the sentiment.

Beefy
02-03-2008, 06:34 PM

You only see a conflict because you're a total retard and partisan hack.

Epicurus saying that he respects someone who votes on principle first does not contradict Damocles' statement for two reasons:

A.) Epicurus is not Damocles

B.) They're both deal with voting on principle.

C.) You're an idiot.

Epicurus
02-03-2008, 06:46 PM

I'm glad to hear you say that. I was starting to peg you as an "off-year" libertarian whose loyalty in tight races was unabashedly Republican.

Epicurus
02-03-2008, 06:47 PM
By the way, 1by is unfathomably dense if he had trouble comprehending me.

Damocles
02-03-2008, 06:54 PM
By the way, 1by is unfathomably dense if he had trouble comprehending me.
He doesn't, he just believes that everybody else on his side is so stupid they'll believe him and he'll get a bunch of "lol" and "boy you are right" idiocy. But I suspect there to be relatively few of those because I think people on his side are smarter than he does.

:D

Hermes Thoth
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Hmm thought I posted on this...

Well anyway one more time.
I think Hillary will be likely to go with the popular opinion, at least she is far more likely than McCain to pull us out.

Yeah. Right. What are you smoking. SHe doesn't care about the people. She will do what will make her most powerful, and politicians are rewarded with power when they do what the military industrial complex wants, which is to keep killing.