PDA

View Full Version : Now Available...

Damocles
09-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Integrated Chatroom...

One can ingore users just as in this forum. I plan on creating new usergroups with promotions so that it takes a certain number of posts to be able to chat...

Gaffer
09-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Sounds interesting. The name calling and cussing out can go on in real time.

Damocles
09-12-2006, 12:19 AM
I have enabled the chat room. The time settings are off currently, but I am working on that as well. You can change your settings to make it appear as you wish...

Damocles
09-12-2006, 01:52 PM
I have fixed the time stamp. At least for me I did... ;)

Damocles
09-13-2006, 07:36 AM
I have also changed the default appearance. Anybody can change it to what they want, and if you already have visited on the computer you are using it will show whatever you chose before or the old default...

That is one sexy chat program, that I don't suspect people will use much until there are a whole lot more members! But it is available for those who would like to use it.

There is a feature where you can create and use private rooms. I do believe (I'm not positive about this though) that I can see that you have one open in the Admin area, but not the conversation itself... if I get more information I will give it to you.

Gaffer
09-13-2006, 09:22 AM
I have allready been into it twice but no one else there. I'll try again. Sooner or later I will find someone else there.

Damocles
09-13-2006, 09:27 AM
LOL. Yeah... Like I said, probably won't be used a heck of a lot until we have a larger base of members...

One use that would be great for it is creating private rooms and inviting specific people in rather than using PM...

Damocles
09-13-2006, 10:36 PM
I guess I should load the "Who's in Chat" option so people will know if somebody is there...

Would people use it if that happened. I know that I will use it for PM convos rather than constantly going into PM and back to the board, I could just open two windows and hold a convo in a private room...

Gaffer
09-14-2006, 08:07 AM
yeah the private rooms idea works well for quick discussions. Activating the who's in chat would help too. definately would save time over the pm's.

Damocles
09-14-2006, 08:09 AM
BTW - The rules of the site are active in the Chat Room, and I would like to reiterate that "No Illegal Activity" be followed...

Thanks!

Care4all
09-14-2006, 08:51 AM
NO drug deals or indecent behavior? That's no fun Damo! hahahahaha! lol j/k u!

Well, I liked our test run of the Flashchat....it was fairly easy, similar to YM....

Do you think you can have it where one could go in to flashchat RIGHT at the spot where you view who is using it, who is on line, live?

care

Damocles
09-14-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't know... I'll have to look into it. It is possible to do almost anything with enough time and perseverence.

Damocles
09-14-2006, 08:53 AM
That was easy. If you click the icon next to the Who's Chatting, it takes you into the Chat.

BRUTALITOPS
09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
can whoever assisted in coming up with the idea get some public credit? I am sure someone fits that caliber..

hmmmmm

Damocles
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't know if he wants it... :D

I added this at the request of, Grind..

:clink:

Damocles
09-14-2006, 10:23 PM
LOL. Grind leaves as I enter.

BRUTALITOPS
09-14-2006, 10:24 PM
who me? :) awww you shouldn't have ;)

Damocles
09-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I have fixed the word filtering so that "bad" words are not filtered out...

Damocles
09-26-2006, 12:53 PM
For those "invisible" members. I noticed that if you enter the Chat, because of the way Chat works, your name becomes visible as in the Chat Room. Just a warning for ya if you are paranoid about being "seen" on the site.

Cancel7
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
BTW - The rules of the site are active in the Chat Room, and I would like to reiterate that "No Illegal Activity" be followed...

Thanks!

Is drinking allowed?

What if I get drunk and flirt with someone there, am I going to be charged with sexual harrassment and suspended?

Cancel7
09-26-2006, 07:28 PM
For those "invisible" members. I noticed that if you enter the Chat, because of the way Chat works, your name becomes visible as in the Chat Room. Just a warning for ya if you are paranoid about being "seen" on the site.

Seen by whom?

This must be another Republican fear. Ya'll are scared of the weirdest shit.

Damocles
09-26-2006, 07:42 PM
By everybody. When somebody elects to be "invisible" they are not shown in the Currently Active Users list, we have several people that elect this. However if they enter the Chat, because one cannot be invisible in chat, their name shows up on the Who is in the Chat Room list at the bottom of the thread regardless of their "invisible" status while on the Board only.

Cancel7
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
By everybody. When somebody elects to be "invisible" they are not shown in the Currently Active Users list, we have several people that elect this. However if they enter the Chat, because one cannot be invisible in chat, their name shows up on the Who is in the Chat Room list at the bottom of the thread regardless of their "invisible" status while on the Board only.

I know! I just think that it's funny that anyone would worry about who sees them here. I mean, this is a good board Damo, but when you look at the population at large, there's not that many people here to see you online. And anyone who does see you, is here too.

I don't care if some sneaky bastard is coming to the board and not signing in and saying "Oh there's Darla on line at 10 o clock, she's got no life." I don't. I work, I'm an activist, I work more at night. (but on my own stuff).

I don't care who here knows it.

Damocles
09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I know! I just think that it's funny that anyone would worry about who sees them here. I mean, this is a good board Damo, but when you look at the population at large, there's not that many people here to see you online. And anyone who does see you, is here too.

I don't care if some sneaky bastard is coming to the board and not signing in and saying "Oh there's Darla on line at 10 o clock, she's got no life." I don't. I work, I'm an activist, I work more at night. (but on my own stuff).

I'm sure there are some who believe that they have reason to be "invisible"... I just want people to be comfortable. You do notice that I don't go "ghost" myself, and I spend a ton of time on the site...

Cancel7
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah, to each their own.

uscitizen
09-26-2006, 08:04 PM
I think I am visible, don't recall ever sleecting invisibility or anything. Yep just checked and I can see my own foot.

BRUTALITOPS
09-30-2006, 12:10 PM

it is used by people, who say, get owned in a thread and spend time reading said thread... but then when they do not respond they can say that they just forgot about it, did not see it, or were not around.

OrnotBitwise
10-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I want to know how to "ingore" someone. Sounds drastic. I think I want to ingore a few connies around here.

:p