PDA

View Full Version : Drained

TheDanold
09-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Weekend of drainage.

Friday: Lightning (strikes house I think?) anyway fries Dano's modem.
Saturday: Wife takes Dano to go on lonnnnnnnnnng fabric shopping trip for kids Halloween costumes among other things. When I finally get a chance to get another modem, one store is sold out and another is closed like the minute I got there.
Sunday: Dano works on front roof all day, got almost entire front right roof shingles changed. My wife bought another modem, this stupid Dynex thing whose cd doesn't let XP recognize it, not does it work as standard modem, finally got it going by pretending it's an Intel modem.

And now I'm online again. How was your weekend?

TheDanold
09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Oh right how could I forget and someone tried to break into my van. I think this happened when we were shopping, because it's not likely where I live. The key hole is widened bigtime and the entire lock is pried into on the right side. First time I ever heard of anyone trying to steal a minivan.
The thing is we both use remote locking so I never use a key to actually unlock the door, and we didn't notice til today, so might have been there awhile, but I doubt it.
Never had car lock work done, hopefully not pricey...

Damocles
09-10-2006, 09:45 PM
They probably weren't trying to steal it, they just wanted to see if you left anything cool in it. Check your glove box, etc. to see if anything cool was stolen.